Start by marking “Doctor Dearest” as Want to Read:

Natalie

Dr. Easton is part man, part myth.
He’s a formidable surgeon. Highly respected in his field.
He also happens to be an ex-collegiate quarterback with a classically handsome face.
Are you catching on yet?
He’s horrible.
Beautiful.
A walking Ralph Lauren ad.
He’s also so off limits he should come with a warning label: This way lies heartache.

Not only is he an
Published February 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Dearest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Dearest

Start your review of Doctor Dearest
Warda
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Can’t believe I’m rating this 2 stars, but this was such a lukewarm story, with hardly any depth, or character development, chemistry or the humour I’ve come to love in the author’s novels.

————————

Happy release day to R.S. Grey, rom-com queen.

Buddy-reading with my fellow R.S. Grey fanatic, Türkan!
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Providded by Author}

A small part of me will always think of him as unattainable. A man I’ve had a crush on for years. A man I’ve watched and wanted from afar. A man who’s friends with my older brother and therefore, inherently off-limits.

Natalie and Connor are doctors at the same hospital. Connor has also been Natalie’s supervisor in the past, but now she’s finished her fifth year of residency and she is starting as an attending in the BICU. This is not their
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars

Such a great story , I loved Connor and Natalie! They have a great banter which was entertain most of the times!They have a great chemistry and they make me swoon and laugh a lot!

I had a hard time connecting with Natalie at the beginning and this was my only problem!Connor was something else! I couldn’t get enough of him!! However, while I continue reading I find myself liking Natalie more and enjoying the story !

Overall, it was another heartwarming story!

Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Every time I pick up an R.S. Grey novel, it never fails to have me fully captivated and hoping the story will never end. I should not be surprised that this was the case with this book.

From the scorching romance, to the humour and chemistry between the two main characters, I loved everything about this novel all the way up to the medical background.

I have said before and I'll say it again: I'm a TOUGH critic when it comes to fiction that is based in the medical field. I rarely watch medical
My Pink Fairytales
2.5

I won’t bother with a full review, as I feel i wasted enough time already.
I get that they were attracted to each other, but their relationship seems to start out of nowhere.
I hated the predictable parts, like the wrestling match between Noah (h’s brother) and Connor or the fact that she gets mad over him having a one night stand with someone years ago.
The heroine was likeable only when she talked to herself.
The hero is ok, a little alpha, loved how he treated his residents.
I didn’t get the
Dali
Doctor Dearest is a sexy contemporary romance steeped in R.S. Grey’s signature witty humor that will leave you smiling.

Following her mother’s mantra of never depending on a man, Dr. Natalie Martin has dedicated her life to her career. At twenty eight years old, she’s a successful, independent woman who doesn’t need a man, but definitely wants one. For years she’s had her eye on the gorgeous ex-collegiate quarterback, revered surgeon Dr. Connor Easton. There are only two minor details: he’s her
Bex | TotallyBex.com
If you’re ever having a bad day or you’re in a dreaded reading slump, take my advice and just pick up a book by RS Grey. I guarantee you’ll have a smile on your face in no time. She just knows how to write heartwarming stories with loads of witty banter, quirky characters, and swoony sweetness. Doctor Dearest has the added benefit of well-researched hospital scenes, a brother’s best friend trope, and a bit of unrequited/star-crossed lovers thrown in the mix.

Natalie was raised by the “you don’t
Anne OK
Not my favorite from R.S. Grey – I didn’t find it quite as funny or upbeat as others. But still solid, great writing and kept me entertained with smart and interesting characters, both of which are doctors.

Connor and Natalie’s brother are best friends. She’s had a heavy duty crush on Dr. Connor Easton forever and apparently, unbeknownst to her, he’s been crushing on her, as well. And big bro has no idea of either’s feelings for the other. It gets a bit rocky before things smooth out, but that’s
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
I love the fact that RS Grey’s book are also a light and fun read. This was a brother’s best friend, doctor romance. Natalie has offically graduated from residency. She is practically married to her job and she wouldn’t have it any other way. She is caring, hard working, friendly and since she’s known him, she has found her brother’s best friend Connor to be very handsome. Connor is irresistible, he is an attending and he has his eyes set on Natalie. This RS story is a workplace romance, has ...more
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
RS Grey's Doctor Dearest is a sweet and sexy smart romance that's got a little bit of everything. It's a forced proximity brother's best friend love story sprinkled with the humor and drama and medical jargon of Grey's Anatomy. It's a rom com but it's layered with push and pull and sexual tension and just the right amount of low level angst. It's the PERFECT package, an absolutely unputdownable romance and quite possibly the SWEETEST RS Grey novel yet.

With every new book, I fall a little bit
Tahsin
This woman cannot write a bad story, even if her life depended on it.

Hello release day, I can finally post my review (that I wrote sometime in the middle of the night, moments after I finished reading it).

RS Grey can basically do no wrong when it comes to storytelling. I am so grateful she exists, writes these stories and shares her words with the world. Every story she writes is better than the last, genuinely. This one however has shot straight to the top 5 and I already know this will be a
Shelby
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Natalie and Connor are doctors at the same hospital and now that Natalie’s finished her fifth year of residency, they’ll be working side by side in the BICU. Connor also happens to be Natalie’s brother, Noah’s best friend. Natalie and Noah have been roommates their whole medical careers and the arrangement works for them. So when Noah takes a temporary traveling position, Connor moves into their guest room while his condo is being renovated.

Should be fine, right? Wrong. Natalie’s had a crush on
Ashley
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

R.S. Grey has a formula nailed down for her books and I AM HERE FOR IT. With each book, I'm nervous it will be the one that might not work for me and that, thankfully, just doesn't happen. There's something about her writing that immediately captures me from the first page and keeps me coming back for more. I'm continually amazed by her ability to tell these seemingly simple romances that feel like the well-worn ROM-COM DVDs we can't help but adore.

I
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Natalie and Connor have had a crush on each other for years. They never did anything about it because Connor's best friend is Natalie's brother, also, she was a resident studying under him in the BICU. Both Natalie and Connor are burn surgeons. I loved all of the time they spent at the hospital with their patients. Many times we see doctors in books, but there were actually detailed descriptions of surgeries that took place and I appreciated this. It made this seem completely real and it made me ...more
Jan
3 to 3.5 stars. It was kinda sweet and light but not very memorable. I did get annoyed at the start when both MCs were just too, too, perfect. Both at the absolute top of their fields, super high achievers, both hot, fit, good-looking and nice as well. Whew. It was all a bit too much. I would have preferred them to be a little more human. Hey, you can be a hot, capable surgeon, You don't have to be the super mostest bestest evah.

The book did move away from emphasising that, though, and the
Han
Vanessa (nessreads)
4.5 Stars

Every time I finish reading an R.S. Grey book I’m left with a smile on my face and feeling happy.

I love Natalie. She’s hardworking, determined and selfless. Connor just like Natalie, is the same way. These two have secretly had feelings for each other for years, but never acted on them. One of the reasons for that is that Connor is best friends with Noah, Natalie’s brother. But as much as they try to stay away they can’t help their attraction for one another.

Natalie and Connor were just
Samantha
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hands down my new favorite book by RS Grey ...more
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Oftenly when I finish one of R.S. Greys books I have a feeling its my new favorite from her and that is definitely the case with Doctor Dearest. I absolutely LOVED this story. It has everything I like in a good rom-com and I can always count on Rachel to take me out of a reading slump.

The characters were not only likable, but very relatable and down-to-Earth. They seemed real and that made the story seem real. I love that Rachel always does her
Türkan
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, adult
Damn... It always sucks when a book doesn't live up to your expectations.

I unfortunately didn't love this book as I usually do with R. S. Grey books. I'm even considering bumping it down a star. It's more like 2,5 for me, and that's because I felt no real chemistry between the two characters. I wasn't excited to see what would happen, blot twists I didn't really feel. So yeah that sucks. That said, it still had some of Rachel's fun in it, her usual trademarks just didn't shine through.

_______
☾☆ Nikki. ✿
Can’t go wrong with a book by r.s grey. Love her writing.

Not a favourite of mine though but still good.

tara
DNF @33% - may one day read the rest.

There are a couple of reasons why. I was thoroughly enjoying it before but read on if you care to know.
1. These are both descriptions of the female leads eyes
Her hazel eyes are a galaxy, swirled with color.. & Her blue eyes are wide and vulnerable.
2. I actually went to the source (author) and asked if it was slow-burn got this in reply and then they get it on at 35%.
michelle
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
an r.s. grey book coming out a day before my birthday is the closest thing i’m gonna get to a birthday present
Three Chicks
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!
Review by Lisa Kane

Dr Natalie Martin is a workaholic. She sleeps, eats and breathes for work. She's 28 and is ready to start her fellowship. She is a premier burn surgeon, but except for Lindsey, her bestie OB/GYN doctor friend, she has few other friends. She always wanted to be a burn surgeon and work with children.

To do that, I had to be extremely dedicated, and I had to make sacrifices. It's why I'm twenty-eight and single, why my phone gets more action on the nights I take call
Kayla Brunson
Like always, I’m always excited when I see a new release by R.S. Grey. I started out loving Doctor Dearest, I have to admit that. This gave me Grey’s Anatomy vibes and I was living for it. However, once I got more into it I ended up just finding it pretty average and I'm pretty sad about it.

We were given two characters who knew that they had feelings for each other and weren't fighting those feelings. I loved that because we didn’t have to deal with majority the book with them not acknowledging
Snow
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was just okay for me...

basically, I found it predictable and a bit boring and that really doesn't fit into a right combination for a solid romance...

it lacked freshness and palpable connection between the characters...the only part working was the sexual intercourse, that was very well written but other than that, it was just that - sex, and you know, for a believable romance, i really need more *wink*
konstantina
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
god I just love the surprised pregnancy trope so much
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
"Noah's gone and you're not my resident anymore," he says, laying out the facts in a tone so utterly serious it's making me sweat.
"Meaning?" I ask, my voice near a whisper.
"Meaning I'm done pretending I don't have feelings for you."

I. Love. RS GREY.

She's one of my top favorite authors and I'm always looking forward to her next release. When I found out that she was writing another Dr book, I might have shamelessly squealed a little bit. Anything You Can Do and Hotshot Doctor are two of my
Amy
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!!

“Womankind has taken a vote and you are it, Connor, the one we all want.”

“The conviction in his voice, the absolute confidence–it feels like he plunged a dagger coated with poison straight into my gut. His words have seeped into my bloodstream and now he’s infected me, a permanent torture.”

“You’ve done this to me. You’ve turned me inside out.”

Doctor Dearest is the latest romantic comedy from author R.S. Grey. With her signature wit and charm, R.S. Grey has delivered a swoon worthy and
Kim
Doctor Dearest

Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

Doctor Dearest is more proof that R.S. Grey can do no wrong in my eyes. (Not that I needed it, you understand.) Rachel is one of my rom-com go-to's. She never lets me down.

Reading Doctor Dearest was basically like watching Grey's Anatomy. But, you know, without all the heartbreak and drama for the sake of drama. (I say this as a former die-hard Grey's fan.) Natalie and Connor's brother's best friend romance ticked all my boxes. They were so fun
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Dear Ava
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Inappropriate
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Focused
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Frenemies
  • That Secret Crush (Getting Lucky, #3)
  • The Lying Season
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Finding Perfect
  • Neat: A Small Town Romance (Becker Brothers Book 2)
  • The Ex Effect (Washington Wolves, #2)
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2)
R.S. Grey is the USA Today bestselling author of fourteen novels, including THE FORTUNATE ONES. She loves books, chocolate, reality TV, and cold weather. She lives in Texas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs. Visit her at rsgrey.com.

Instagram: @AuthorRSGrey