Start by marking “Taurus (The Zodiac Queen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Taurus (The Zodiac Queen, #2)

Taurus

(The Zodiac Queen #2)

Twelve men. A virgin queen. One arranged marriage.

Twelve diamonds.
That’s the number of precious stones in my crown.
And when I break one of Heath Bordeaux’s stringent rules, I lose one.
Earning it back entails pain and degradation.
No one can save me from his reign.
Not even Liam Castle.

Part 2 of the Zodiac Queen.
Published December 10th 2019

Start your review of Taurus (The Zodiac Queen, #2)
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
Rather disliked this one.

No real hero - the main man in it is a sadistic mostly-gay man who forces the heroine to take part in his encounters with the manservant he truly loves. It's fairly obvious at all times that they get off a lot more from each other than from her. She, for her part, isn't attracted to either of them at all. For such a short book (20k words) it was a surprising slog to read. The guy who comes closest to being a 'hero', the main man from Book 1, is barely existent.

I could
Cécile Smits
Gemma James was very generous to allow me to catch up on this series in anticipation of Gemini.
Having read Aries,i only needed Taurus to be up to speed with what was happening,and i jumped with joy when that beauty landed in my inbox.

Novalee has to spend this month in the House of Taurus,under the thumb of Heath Bordeaux.
He immediately sends her ladies away and takes her to the dungeon to teach her his rules.
The Master there,Pax,is more than happy to make her feel the consequences of any mistake
Amara
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Novalee is in trouble

While I am not a fan of the virgin trope, this is a short serial that has Queen Novalee spending one month each with 12 different men before they can marry her. She's slowly made her way through 2 of them.

Master Bordeaux possibly just wants her to keep his lover safe so she can give him an heir. He and his manservant live a D/s lifestyle I guess. She knows their secret and promises not to tell.

I guess I like reading this since it's really short. Took less than an hour...
Laura AP
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
not sure if the author has ever met a gay person before
angelina
Jan 07, 2021 rated it did not like it
Wish i could rate this less than one star but I ate those sebastiannovalee moments TF up !!!! Also very odd how Liam says he’s been in love with novalee since he first saw her but he was 18 and she was 12 like baby you sound deranged they are writing up the documentation for your admittance to the ward as we speak ??!?!
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

*KU Read

How did I miss this release? I fell in love with the first book Aries- The Zodiac Queen, and then somehow missed this one. Well, I rectified that fast. Taurus gives us Heath Bordeaux from The House of Taurus. Mr. Bordeaux, we have met in the first book, and we all know he is not a nice man at all. He is a sick and twisted man that makes you scared for Novalee.

We learn a little more in Taurus about the characters that play in the Zodiac Queen; we also find out why Mr. Bordeaux is such a
Misha
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Waiting on the romance

Two books in and I’m still disappointed with the alleged romance aspect of this story. I can get pass the dubious consent elements, but you have to make me believe there can be a real romance that develops from that. So far that’s a nonstarter. Also I think we’re supposed to feel sympathetic about Heath and Loren’s circumstances, but honestly while it truly was sad I had a hard time feeling anything but disdain for them. One who treats our MC so shabbily without cause and
Martha Lindblom
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and it almost too short but explosive. Mr. Bordeaux is a person you will hate at the beginning but he does soften up at the end. Now we wait until book 3 to come out and see what happens next month to the Queen. Enjoy this fantastic book.
Ana Oh
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MmmmmHmmmmm

These little books are so much fun. I really enjoy experiencing how the author views men of each sign, the pluses and minuses.

I am definitely looking forward to Gemini.
Darkreads
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second installment in Gemma James' Zodiac Queen series brings Novalee into Health's domain. I have to say that this books is at once everything and nothing I expected it to be. Heath is quite a departure from Liam's gentle and loving brand of domination. He does have his reasons, which left me even more conflicted when it comes to his character. My heart broke for Novalee and I definitely had a hard time connecting with Mr. Bordeaux. I really enjoyed glimpses of Novalee with Liam and Sebasti ...more
Clara Atkinson
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Four dark ♉♉♉♉

Taurus (The Zodiac Queen Book 2)
By Gemma James

Heath Bordeaux of The House of Taurus ♉.

Novelee Van Buren was a carefree little girl until the sudden death of her parents at the age of twelve with that tragedy her whole world turned up side down.
Now the Queen of her nation in name only because her Uncle Rowan has taken away her life. As her guardian he holds all the power. He arranged to have her auctioned off after she spends a year with the Zodiac Brotherhood when she turns eight
Payne’s Bookworm Reviews (Samantha Payne)
Taurus is book two in Gemma James’ latest series The Zodiac Queen which is a twelve part collection.

This series follows Novalee Van Buren a twelve year old Queen who has been contracted out by her Uncle to the Zodiac Brotherhood. When she turns eighteen she is to spend 12 months, a month each with each brother before being auctioned to be married to one. But the one catch is she must remain innocent and untouched until her wedding night.

Novalee doesn’t want to leave her home and move to a forei
Sharon
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I need to start off by saying that I’m not overly patient and this series novella format is really not my thing where each installment is less than 100 pages. That being said, I am completely intrigued with the underlying mystery of the Zodiac Brotherhood.

Novalee is left in the care of her uncle after her parents pass. He has arranged for her to be auctioned off to one of the 12 members of the Zodiac Brotherhood, but first she has to spend one month with each of the men. After Liam Castle, we ge
Jess
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love the idea of the Zodiac and the men that represent each one. Of course I already have my favourite (Liam) but it is interesting to see what the other men are really like. My first impressions of Heath or Mr. Bordeaux was that he was an absolute douchebag. He is cold and cruel and definitely gets off on humiliating and degrading people. Poor Novalee has to bear the brunt of this. But the more I read, the more I realised that there was much more to him. He was also hiding his own secret. The ...more
Rough Draft Book Blog
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Taurus by Gemma James
Novalee & Heath
WELL, WOW!
4 Stars

This is the second book in The Zodiac Queen series and I'm looking forward to more. I have to say I wasn't too enthralled by this one, but the storyline just keeps going.

Novalee is a complex character. She can adapt to suit any situation and believe me, she sure does.
Now Heath on the other hand is set in his ways and far beyond bending to conform to anyone's situation.

Of course it's well written, it's Gemma James for Godsakes... the pacing
Connie Lafortune
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Zodiac consists of twelve signs, and each one has there own weaknesses, strengths, flaws and desires. And, so do the twelve men who represent them. All of them in their own right, competing for Novalee, their one true Queen. But, they're only given one month to decide if she's worth representing their House. Since it's an arranged marriage, at the end of the year, Novalee will be given to the highest bidder. In the end, she has no choice but to comply with each and every demand they place up ...more
Wendy
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everything is not what it seems

Taurus by Gemma James follows Novalee and her fulfillment of a contracted between her uncle and the 12 men that make up the brotherhood. Each brother represents a zodiac symbol and its perspective house.
Taurus is book 2 in the Zodiac Queen series. It picks up right where book 1 leaves off and is imperative that it is read in chronological order.
This short book is full of angst, last and secrets. Wagers are made, promises are tested and the reader discovers the dif
Misty Schott
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The House of Taurus is a whole new world.

This is book two in The Zodiac Queen series and you should read book one, Aries before reading this book.

After a fairly easy month with Liam in the Aries House, Novalee will have to adjust quickly to Heath and his rules in the House of Taurus. Heath is a very private and untrusting man, he will push Novalee to her limits with his rules and discipline. This a a wonderful read and a great second book for this series. I look forward to book three, Gemini.
Mandy
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
**Some Spoilers**

This is the second book in the Zodiac Queen series and it did not disappoint! There are some parts in it that are a little difficult to digest due to the abuse she gets from Taurus, but the story line is still very enticing! There is a major plot twist with this one! I definitely did not see that ending coming. The story is rapid fire and keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what the female main character is going to do next to keep her sanity!

Great steamy series!
Ruby's Java Corner
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
House of Taurus.

This house is straight up cruel with sadism injected to serve his purposes. Heath has a lot to lose, especially his place in the Castle should his secret ever be found and proven by all members of Castle. Novalee keeps her tongue just to keep her tongue.

If not for having Sebastian included in this house, I would probably have given this house a 3 cup rating, but as it is, I give it a 4 cups of steaming java, ☕☕☕☕.
Alisha
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
I took this one chapter at a time again until both Novalee and I understood what to expect, which means I flew through the second half of it.

I enjoyed this one more than the last one, even through the cringey parts, which weren't nearly as bad as I thought they were going to be.

I'd give this one a solid 4 stars.
Nicole Rhiannon
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Heath was a plot twist I didn’t see coming! He was really harsh with Novalee but she befriended Heaths assistant which made it easier for her to stay in his house for the month. I was seriously worried about her well being when she started her stint in his house...but it turns out Heath was never interested int her! The plot thickens! No more spoilers from me. Go and read the book.
Shelley
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short story

In this book Novalee spends her month with Master Bordeaux who is more concerned with keeping his secret. Overall good read but needed to be longer to get more insight on who Master Bordeaux is. Looking forward to the next zodiac Gemini.
Lisa Roberts
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh I am loving this series and Novalee is becoming stronger and Heath is so strict to the point of sadistic with a threatening attitude and secrets of his own. I'm on the edge waiting for the next house , I can't get enough. ...more
Poppy1102
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
The House of Taurus...

...We know that Novalee wasn't looking forward to going here to stay with the cruel Mr. Bordeaux...

A good installment to the Zodiac Series and can't wait to read the rest!!
Nicole Sargent Kunkel
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Novalee’s journey through the houses is set in The House of Taurus. Heath becomes her master for the month in this installment of The Zodiac Queen. She quickly discovers who’s boss and is still entangled with The Chancellor.
Dirtyditty
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Original and engrossing

This series is must be read in order or you will be lost. Each book is just the right length. I binged the first three books in 2 days they are so good! I recommend going blind. Very original storyline that will keep you engrossed!
Tally
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rebecca Morman
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one wrecked my soul!

Novalee is such a strong willed woman in a world where Mr. Bordeaux owns her. There were a few instances where I would have like to punch him in the d*** and laugh, but I loved this book!
Nicole Strycharz
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quitters Never Win Lol

Quitters never win and I’m not a quitter so finishing this series is unavoidable. Taurus (Heath) was... well I’m glad it’s over but that ending!!!!

I feel like a zombie as this concludes night two of my obsession. 1am is becoming my new curfew.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sinners & Gin (Top Shelf, #6)
  • Pretty, Dark and Dirty
  • Love at First Fight (Geeks Gone Wild, #1)
  • Sergio (Benedetti Brothers #3)
  • Steal You Away
  • Daddy Bear (Montana Daddies, #1)
  • Wicked Blaze Correctional (The Wronged, #1)
  • Mistletoe Kisses
  • Dirty Sweet Valentine: And Other Filthy Tales of Love
  • At His Will
  • Wait for Me
  • Delinquent Demons (Paranormal Prison)
  • Masked Nights (Behind His Mask #1)
  • Code of Silence
  • Eleven (Eternals, #1)
  • The Risk (Kings of Linwood Academy #3)
  • Sins: A Dark High School Bully Romance
  • Concerto (North Security, #2)
Gemma James is a USA Today bestselling author of sexy contemporary and dark romance. She loves to explore the darker side of human nature in her fiction, and she’s morbidly curious about anything dark and edgy, from deviant seduction to fascinating villains. Readers have described her stories as being “not for the faint of heart.”

She warns you to heed their words! Her playground isn’t full of rain

The Zodiac Queen (8 books)
  • Aries (The Zodiac Queen, #1)
  • Gemini (The Zodiac Queen, #3)
  • Cancer (The Zodiac Queen, #4)
  • Leo (The Zodiac Queen, #5)
  • Virgo (The Zodiac Queen, #6)
  • Libra (The Zodiac Queen, #7)
  • Scorpio (The Zodiac Queen, #8)

News & Interviews

“Twelve men. A virgin queen. One arranged marriage. Twelve diamonds. That’s the number of precious stones in my crown. And when I break one of Heath Bordeaux’s stringent rules, I lose one. Earning it back entails pain and degradation. No one can save me from his reign. Not even Liam Castle.” 0 likes