Start by marking “I Hope You Stay” as Want to Read:
I Hope You Stay

I Hope You Stay

In the spirit of her bestselling series,Pillow Thoughts, Courtney Peppernellreturns with a new, empowering collection of poetry and prose. From heartbreak to dreaming of and finding a new love to healing the heart to ultimately finding peace, the themes in this book are universal but also uniquely individual to readers.

Just as moving and endearing as Peppernell's previous
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about I Hope You Stay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Hope You Stay

Start your review of I Hope You Stay
Emma
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it

One day, you will find a home, and it won't be a place,
it will be a person. And you will be loved in spite of
all the baggage and boxes you bring with you.

This poetry collection can be described as having a very hopeful message. The author guides us through the path that people have to go through after a painful break up. In the moments when everything seems lost, we must not forget that there's
lu ☾
Jan 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: lgbt, digital, poetry, brc20, 2020
Well, I didn't enjoy this at all. This style of modern poetry has never really been my thing, even though I get the appeal, but this collection in particular felt plainly dull and unsubstantial. It has a hopeful message, focusing on the process of healing after going through a break up, but it sort of felt like reading random inspirational quotes on pinterest (and not very good ones, at that).

If there's something I love about poetry, is how it lets you experiment with words, get as creative as
Sara M. Abudahab
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hello my new favorite read! What a great read to start 2020 with, I simply LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

If I can describe this group of poems in one word it would be a "Friend", those poems were so kind, empowering and above all they were genuine and honest, after all Courtney started the poems with "You Will Ache".

And for all Netgalley users, this is available for download at the moment :)

Alexis

I really liked how the poems were sectioned:
You will ache

You
Sarah Marie
I Hope You Stay by Courtney Peppernell

1 star

Poetry is not often something I completely loathe, but this collection was one of the worst forms of “poetry” I have read. I am saddened to say that. I don’t like giving out 1-star ratings and I usually do anything I can do abstain from doing so, but the only thought going through my head while reading each and every page of I Hope You Stay was how much I hated the poems. The poems are short and consist of random thoughts or what I like to call

Alisa
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I Hope You Stay is a new collection of poetry by one of my favorite authors, Courtney Peppernell. So when I saw it available on Netgalley I jumped at the chance to read it. I may have also squealed a little.
This new collection is centered around breaking up with someone and the long path to healing and moving on. The majority of poems were very beautiful but there were also quite a few mediocre ones,unfortunately. I loved her previous series, Pillow Thoughts, way better, but that could be due
Natalie
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

This is a beautiful book of poems that were relateable and felt like they were being spoken to me in confidance and receiving advice from a dear friend.
This is a lovely book that touches your heart. Thank you for such a beautiful book of poems!
Danielle Russell
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, ebook, 3-stars, poetry
I am typically not a big fan of poetry, but this book was quite enjoyable. It is divided into 5 sections -- you will ache, you will dream, you will love, you will heal, and you will rise. The poems are a mix between free verse and short form, and carry an uplifting theme that reminds readers that no matter how hard life gets, they are not alone.

Thank you to Netgalley for an electronic copy of this title in exchange for an honest review.
Samantha
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
I received a free copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

I Hope You Stay is an enjoyable poetry collection that takes us through the pain of heartbreak to the joy of new love. With it's message of hope, I think this collection would be an enjoyment for anyone, no matter what phase of the love cycle they're currently in.

The style is modern poetry and the layout is beautiful. It is divided into 5 sections,
Taylor Knight
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read Pillow Thoughts when it was first released and I really loved it. It was one of my favorite poetry books I'd read in a long time. I was really excited to pick up another book from Courtney Peppernell and while I really enjoyed this book as well, I didn't love it as much as I expected. There's so many beautiful poems in I Hope You Stay and I especially love the overall story it tells, but I felt like there was quite a few poems that didn't match the quality of others, which was a little ...more
Gemma F
Feb 4, 2020:

Full Review now on my blog: https://wp.me/p6917X-1j4

Jan 29, 2020

A empowering poetry book filled with different parts of life and what we can do to overcome our fears and rise again stronger and renewed! I loved how it ended on a powerful and positive note that we can rise and change how we see ourselves as a whole!

Special thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for this eARC!
Andrea Pole
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I Hope You Stay by Courtney Peppernell is my first experience of this poet's work, and I came away wondering how I have never found my way to it and, indeed her, before. This is a thought-provoking collection that I very quickly devoured. Contained within are the universal themes of heartbreak and loss, yet the overall feelings that resonate throughout are of hope and resilience. I will look forward to reading more of Ms Peppernell's work in the future.

Many thanks to NetGalley and Andrews McMeel
Christine Picard
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: poésie, anglais
To be honest, this is not my favorite book by Courtney Peppernell. BUT, I really liked the first half of it. It was intimate and very nice to read. As a whole, I enjoyed most of it, even though i think i would have prefered something a little less "spilled thoughts" and more "poetry-like" (if that makes sense). I liked that the book was separated in sections, and really liked the otter illustrations. But that's it.
Anoeska Nossol
Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC.

3.5 out of 5 stars

'I hope you stay' is a collection of LGBTQ+ poems about love, but also about life and body positivity. To be honest, the love poems are for anybody. The author talks about a 'she', and she is a female herself. However, I'm sure there are men out there who feel the same. Which makes this poetry book so unique and fun. I always loved her work because of the different interpretations.
What I liked the most about this one, is the fact that you start
Bex
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviews, arc-s, poetry
Otter illustrations: 5 stars.
Poems: 2 stars.

I've read quite a few of Courtney Peppernell's collections of modern poetry now and I either love them or they completely miss the mark for me. I definitely think that the collections are designed to be read at the right time. which potentially is part of the problem for me, because this book is entirely about healing after break-ups and finding some encouragement following that. If I needed that, I think I'd probably be really happy I'd read this
minnie.reads
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
R E V I E W - I Hope You Stay

I Hope You Stay is an anthology of poetry that takes the reader on a journey which begins with heartache and ends in strength. The poems don't always follow any conventional 'rules' of poetry which enable them to feel very raw and honest. Sometimes I felt I was reading Peppernell's thoughts which could be a good thing if you enjoy that type of reading.

I like that the final poem in each chapter makes a reference to the title of that chapter. It signifies the end of
Annette Jordan
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
" Take your time, but do take the first step"
This is the key message of Courtney Peppernell's latest collection which looks at recovering from the breakup of a relationship. As there always is with her books, there is a raw honesty to her words, and so they are easy to relate to. She embraces the dark days and the moments of hope and through her words encourages the reader to strive for more, to take that first step, because what is out there is worth taking that risk for.
"You are in control of
Sara Jovanovic
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
I was hoping that this collection will be better than it actually was, but in the end, I'm slightly dissapointed. I've enjoyed Courtney's Pillow Thoughts series, so I really wanted to like this too, and yet I didn't. Even though I liked the overall message about hope and healing, none of the writing pieces resonated with me and I'm entirely indifferent about everything I've read. I think I will still be checking out Courtney's new releases, but ultimately this was a waste of time.

Thanks to the
Brooke
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
ARC kindly provided to me by NetGalley but all opinions are my own.

I really enjoyed this poetry collection. My favorite sections were the dream and you will rise. I resonated a lot with the poems in those sections. This is a beautiful poetry collection and has a great message of overcoming heart break and hard times. I highly recommend!
Sherri
I Hope You Stay poetry collection is a reminder of the strength and hope that is found after going through heartache and pain. Courtney Peppernell's poems are universal alongside being completely personal. There are five sections, with poems ranging from free verse to short form. This poetry collection covers many topics from heartbreak, to dreaming of and finding a new love, to healing the heart to eventually finding peace.
I was so excited seeing her newest collection for I fell in love with
Audrey
Jan 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: poetry, ebook, arc, 2020
*1.5 stars*
Unfortunately, I didn't love this. I was expecting more of a traditional poetry style, and this did not meet those expectations. It didn't even really seem to fit the trend of more modern poetry. Instead, it was more random and hopeful paragraphs, some rhyming, some just simple. In short, it didn't feel like poetry at all, and the words weren't particularly inspiring to me. I don't doubt that they would be incredibly important to some people, but they just missed the mark. It felt
Tamara
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was ok

(I got an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for a honest review)

It was okay, there were some poems I liked but overall it was very basic.
I think that if you're going through heartbreak this poetry collection will connect more with you.
The book has 5 parts, you will ache, you will dream, you will love, you will heal and you will rise. I think the topics discussed were nicely done and there was good advice in the poems it just wasn't my cup of tea.
Irene
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, 2020
2.3/5 I cried at the beginning, but the rest was meh/kinda repetitive/not powerful nor resilient (even though it was its intention).

the stuff that made me cry:

I hold all this blame
about how badly
things between us ended

I dream so vividly
of our conversations
late at night

But despite all the reason
I shouldn’t think of you
I still do

It was just bad timing
I told myself
But bad timing happened
time and time again
And after all the pain
maybe it wasn’t the timing
maybe we were just two people
bad for each
Neriah Samraksha
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
"Words will not stop her, only drive her. She has a fire in her heart and determination in her step. People may tell her she is bound by gender, sexuality, and skin, but she knows better than to let hate win."

One of the best things about reviewing arcs is your experience with a book tends to be different than the normal readers. It feels like you are bestowed with scared knowledge and you are waiting for the knowledge to be available to all for you to make sense and not sound like you have lost
Abbey McDonald
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
The ARC of this book was provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book encapsulates what it's like to be human, our downfalls and our highlights. It really emphasises that it's okay to not be okay and that there will be light at some point. It shows the importance of self-care and self-love which I think is really important, especially in this day and age. I love how it touches on it's okay to be human, it's okay to not be perfect. I think it's a message everyone should be
Julia
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing

What a beautiful read 'I Hope You Stay' was!
I didn't think I would fall so hard for Courtney Peppernell's writing. But the truth is I did, big time.
Her words are so powerful, it transcends other collections of poems I have been able to read. Each part were meaningful and each spoke to me with great resonance.
I was able to identify with the author's words and I felt like she spoke directly
Ana Lopes
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, february-tbr, arc
I received an ARC in change of an honest review through NetGalley, all the opinions are my own. Thank you to the publisher for the ARC.

This poetry book was about love
"She is my soul, my heart, my life. The moment I heard her laugh, I knew I wanted her to be my wife."

Learning to love yourself/self-care
"If they make you feel like your body, your heart, and your soul are not worthy of love, then they are not worthy to be loved by you."

"I am not going to be or act a certain way for anyone.
I am who
Amy Littleford
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Firstly, I'd like to thank NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

"She is the reason hope will fly"

This is the fourth book of Courtney Peppernell's that I have read and it didn't disappoint. It was equally as good as the Pillow Thoughts series and I'm so grateful to get the chance to review this book that will be released March 3rd!

"She wants a love so powerful it wipes everything else out"

This book is full of hope and love which really made me think positively throughout. As I
Julia Black
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
My arc of this book was provided by Netgalley in exchange for honesty review.

Beautiful and heartfelt poems. This collection really shows what it's like to be human with out downfalls and out highlights. It shows that its okay to not be okay and that you are never alone and at some point light will shine. The way the poetry was set up it was like a journey. Iou could really feel the emotion in these poems. This collection was readily empowering. At some points though the way some poems was wrote
Eve beinguniquebooks
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Courtney is an amazing poet and her collections are always relatable, moving and so imaginative my favourite poem from this collection is about sharing a song with another and them knowing it and tainting it in your eyes forever. I can relate when I shared a band with my ex they are his favourite band now still I believe. I also relate to one about struggles getting better and victories in your life as I personally have recovered from self harm and anorexia which wasn't easy and seemed ...more
Angie S
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read authored by Courtney Peppernell and I felt emotions from the very first poem. My first thought was 'oh no... it's going to be that kind of poetry book and by that I mean the kind that will make me want to cry. Guess What? I did shed a tear. It had me thinking about someone I had dated many moons ago. When someone's writing has an impact on you, as a reader, then that means that you're doing your due diligence as an author. Her words resonated with me and I even highlighted ...more

• Break Your Glass Slippers (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #1)
  • a fire like you
  • War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers
  • Aphrodite Made Me Do It
  • A Strangely Wrapped Gift
  • Astrid Lindgren
  • To Drink Coffee with a Ghost (Things that Haunt, #2)
  • Let the Great World Spin
  • Moon of the Crusted Snow
  • Poems to See by: A Comic Artist Interprets Great Poetry
  • Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1)
Courtney Peppernell is a best-selling LGBTQ author from Sydney, Australia. Courtney has been writing her whole life and focuses on Young Adult novels and Poetry Collections.