Start by marking “You're The One” as Want to Read:
You're The One

You're The One

(Very Irresistible Bachelors #1)

It all starts as pretend
My best friend, and one of the most powerful men in New York, needs my help.
Our first kiss is unexpectedbut it still makes my skin sizzle, my knees go weak.
The next one is in front of his tight-knit family. We have to be convincing. But its so wicked hot, it almost fools me too.
On our first night together, he tells me that I have to keep us
Published February 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about You're The One, please sign up.
Layla Hagen They will appear throughout the rest of the series so you'll get updates on them!

Start your review of You're The One
Dilek VT
2,25 stars

That was a sweet story but it was too sweet with no angst or with nothing interesting to keep my attention.

I don't normally like friends-to-lovers trope but I wanted to read this book because I read some quotes from it and liked. Of course, as usual, my main problem with this trope was always there in my mind: Why did they have to stay friends if they had a secret crush for so long?

It is stupid! I am never buying the pathetic excuse of "Oh we were afraid to ruin our friendship"
AJ
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

A beautifully sweet, swoony and romantic friends-to-lovers/marriage of convenience love story, this book swept me up in its swoon, and I fell in love with these characters and their gorgeous romance.

No one would believe us, you know. That wed marry.
That were suddenly in love? Why not? Would it be so unbelievable that Ive fallen for you after so many years of friendship? That youre the one?

Hunter and Josie have been best friends since high school, and for 15 years they have been there
Layla Hagen
Feb 04, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
You're The One is LIVE!
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2GLKHqx
Audible: https://adbl.co/2OBxGnZ

About the book:
It all starts as pretend

My best friend, and one of the most powerful men in New York, needs my help.

The next one is in front of his tight-knit family. We have to be convincing. But it's so wicked hot,
Aly is so frigging bored
DNF 40%
I don't care about the characters and I'm not curious to know what happens to them...
Jenn Amy
4.5 STARS

**Audiobook Review

Ahh! Josie and Hunter! what a sweet love story by the fabulous Layla Hagen! I adored every single word from the moment I started this. The friends to lovers trope is one of my favourites and then add in fake relationship and I had the perfect combination of two of my favourites. As they navigated their new relationship I was on the edge waiting to see how everything would work out. I also loved their chemistry. It was magnetic. Hunter was incredibly steamy and swoony
Lisa
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Was pleasantly surprised. I was in the mood for a light read and this was that but so much more. It was sweet, had the right amount of pace but mostly I just enjoyed the romance and love between these best friends. 3.5 rounded up!
Kayla
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"My skin sizzled everywhere he touched me... and everywhere he didn't, as if my entire body was anticipating his touch- craving it."

Layla Hagen is one of my favorite authors to read and she delivered on yet another feel good read. If there is one thing this author does well it's sagas. This story is the start of a brand new series into the lives of the Winchester family. And if You're The One is any indication I can already tell I'm going to love these characters just as much as her others! I
Pam
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Josie and Hunter have been best friends in New York for 15 years they know each other inside and out. When Hunter finds out that his Green Card is not being renewed he realizes the quickest fix is to find a wife. He turns to Josie for help and she would do anything to keep her best friend close to her, so they agree to get married.

They figure it will be easy to keep up the facade for a few years and then divorce and things go back to the way they were before. They both have always had a secret
Sassy Southern
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
You're The One was such a sweet friends to lovers story.  I am a sucker for a good marriage of convenience book and this one nailed it.  Josie and Hunter  were such sweet characters and they really did have great chemistry.  The two had been friends for so long that neither one wanted to jeopardize that friendship and so they always stayed away from anything romantic.  However, when Hunter needs Josie's help she knows she will do whatever he needs, even if it means getting married!
The two have
Dayang
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
4⭐

I was so excited to receive this book... it's a combination of marriage of convenience and friends to lovers story.

Josie and Hunter have been friends for practically half of their lives... a problem arose which pushed Hunter to ask Josie to help because he doesn't trust anyone else... I won't elaborate anymore because I don't want to give anything away.

The storyline isn't something I haven't read before... and it's actually one of my faves. But this one still made me feel swoony and hearteyes
Isha Coleman
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Hagen claimed my heart two series ago and has yet to let go. I fell head over heels the first time. The second time was a reminder as to why. Josie and Hunter are a sweet contradiction. Destiny laid the ground work, it only took a push from fate for these clueless hearts to catch up. You're the One continues my addiction with my one click button and is explanation enough as to why Layla Hagen reigns supreme on my MUST HAVE list.
Sharon
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well written a good friends to lovers story that covers all the bases. The couple are believable so is the story! I am a great fan of Layla Hagen who appears to have good insight into this genre no matter how much or how little angst and drama her books always leave me wanting to read the next one post haste. I received an ARC in return for an honest review and I encourage you to read this as soon as possible For me 5 Stars is my rating.
Avidez Literaria
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'll turn this into something beautiful after you're going to break my heart."
"Maybe you'll break mine."

They are destined to be happy forever. And fate will give them a little boost, so they can find out.

Josie and Hunter have known each other since school and are best friends. She has become a successful lawyer who fights for a partner position in the law firm where she works. And he is a very successful contractor.

Despite living in the United States since the age of four, Hunter is British. And
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)****

Hagen delivers an incredibly swoon worthy story that will leave your heart melting and wanting for more.

Hunter Caldwell and Jossie Gallagher have known each other for fifteen years. They have similar backgrounds and met while attending a private school as scholarship students. When Jossie was bullied for not having the money to buy better clothes, Hunter was there to rescue her and ever since then theve been really close friends. They
Book Fanatic
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My heart's all warm and mushy after devouring this book! I couldn't have fallen more in love with you Layla Hagen, if I tried.

You're the One is a best friends to lovers trope with a mixture of fake relationship and marriage of connvinence. All of the tropes of which I love.

Additionally with this story being paired with low angst and Hagen's usual sweet, flirty, charming conversations with well developed characters meant this was an easy and delectable read.

Hunter and Josie's friendship has been
Kari Hansen
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Josie and Hunter have been best friends, confidants and each others support systems since they were teenagers. When the life that Hunter has built is being threatened Josie will do anything to not only help him out but to ensure that he remains in her life and that includes a marriage of convenience.

They are quickly finding out that becoming roommates is not as easy as they thought. Their friendship is being challenged by the attraction that up until now both have refused to acknowledge. It is
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 4 Can This Be Real Stars ~

When it comes to family sagas, Layla Hagen knows how to deliver!!

Layla is one of my favorite authors and I will read anything she writes. I always look forward to her books. Youre the One was no different.another family to fall in love with.

Youre the One is the first book in Laylas newest series. This series will follow the Winchester family and their cousin Hunter. I thought this was an enjoyable read. This was fun,
Karen Shortridge
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful love story about best friends falling in love, great start to a new series
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
A sweet story between best friends who took the plunge into the deep end of the relationship pool that turned into a beautiful HEA!

Firmly in the best friend zone, Hunter and Josie hadn't crossed the line in fifteen years. They shared everything with each other and never wanted to risk their friendship over the powerful feelings that falling into a relationship can involve, but when Hunter's visa is about to be revoked it requires careful consideration on how much their friendship means and how
Elizabeth
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: eram, arc

Youre the One is a solid friends to lovers story featuring Josie and Hunter.

I liked both characters and found the evolution of their relationship to be believable and sweet. I appreciated that at various points both Josie and Hunter struggled with the changing emotional landscape their situation created.

Youre the One really had two related conflicts. The first, the fact that a marriage happened for a green card. The second, that real romantic feelings existed under the surface of a
Ariadna Basulto
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Layla Hagen always does romantic and steamy oh so well. Youre the One was no different and yet another reason why shes a one-click author for me.

I loooove swoony romance, fake marriage, and friends to lovers tropes. Its like Layla Hagen pokes around into my bookworm mind and created a perfectly delicous romance I devoured cover to cover. I fell hard for this romance and with Layla Hagens writing all over again.

This is the first book in a new series and I was ga-ga for Rosie and Hunters story.
Marybeth
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored Hunter & Josies story! I love the best friends to lovers trope and in this case the fake marriage trope is added in too which always makes things interesting and fun. Of course these best friends didnt stand a chance against the chemistry and attraction theyve ignored for so many years. This book has all the good stuff I look for in a romance, its fun, flirty, sweet, super sexy/steamy and so romantic. I can always count on Layla Hagen to give me all the things!! I loved ...more
 Lopke
Feb 14, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf-wtf
So unfortunately I'm DNF'ing at 50%. This has the friends-to-lovers and marriage of convenience trope, which usually holds my interest.
It all started off great, i loved Josie and Hunter's friendship.

But then i kind of got annoyed. Both knew they liked each other, but it was a game of "we can't do this, i don't want to mess up our friendship yada yada". Hunter's wealth was also thrown around a lot which was really irritating...
And basically i just got bored. They haave sex and they're still not
Wendy Livingstone
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hunter and Josie are best friends, and when he needs help, she is the only one he trusts. No spoilers, this is a definite must read you will not be disappointed! This is a well written story which is sweet and entertaining with witty and flirty banter. I was hooked throughout and highly recommend for all.
lowkeyreader
This was my first read from the author and this book definitely makes her a must read author fro me now. It is an incredible sizzling romantic story that I could not put down. I can't help but compare this with Marriage for One as it has the same trope. And truth be told I could say this is on par with it!

Hunter and Josie's fake marriage story is steeped in angst, steam, and friendship. The book is very well-written and the characters are well-defined.
Lynn
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5* Not Fake Marriage Stars

Layla is one of my favourite authors and I was so excited to begin a new series in the lives of the Winchesters family, their cousin Hunter and his best friend Josie.

Hunter and Josie have been best friends since school and both of them have been hiding their feelings for each other in a civil way. Everything changes when Hunter, who is a British Citizen, finds out that his visa will not be renewed and his only hope of staying in America, where he is a highly successful
Ari
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
As the rating says, it was ok-ish.
What can I say... Too soon, too much.. then the resolution was way too easy .
I like the friends-to-lovers trope, more so when I am sick in bed, but they were just so obvious from the very beginning that I have no idea why the story didn't take like 10 full pages, as everything else was only running around in circles and closing the eyes to the inevitable. Meh...
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
I have a different little view of this book, you can my full review & all on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
READ ME ROMANCE
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read and loved Layla Hagens other series about the Bennetts and the Connors, and one-clicked Youre The One the day it released. Hunter, a wealthy British businessman living in the US, and his best-friend Josie, are fun and fabulous together. I love how in sync they are with one another, how they have the same circle of friends and family, and how they genuinely enjoy each others company. Theres no fighting and even though he's broody, hes certainly not a jerk in anyway, and I really enjoyed ...more
The Book Lover
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book! Layla Hagen was a new author to me, but from now on I will be in the lookout for her books, this story was simply breathtaking! I love best friends to lovers tropes! this one didn't disappoint.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • Dream With Me (With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Enticing Liam (Big Sky Royals, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Playing to Win (Ice Kings, #1)
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • Then You Happened
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes, #2)
  • Making You Mine (The Bradens & Montgomerys: Pleasant Hill - Oak Falls, #5)
  • One Night Stand-In (Boyfriend Material #3)
  • Better than Sexy (Sexy #3)
  • Rock Bottom (Dawson Family, #6)
  • Twice as Sexy (Sexy #2)
  • My Bestie's Ex (The Rooftop Crew #1)
  • Teacher I Want to Date
  • All I Ask
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
Welcome! My name is Layla Hagen and I am a Contemporary Romance author.

I fell in love with books when I was nine years old, and my love affair with stories continues even now, many years later.

I write romantic stories and cant wait to share them with the world.

And I drink coffee. Lots of it, in case the photo didnt make it obvious enough ;)

Very Irresistible Bachelors (2 books)
  • Just One Kiss (Very Irresistible Bachelors, #2)