Start by marking “Dead Daughters” as Want to Read:
Dead Daughters

Dead Daughters

Drew Lowery is living the American Dream. He has the perfect family, a stable job, and a beautiful home in the suburbs of central New Jersey. Things can't get much better. But what seems like the ideal life is suddenly upended when he receives a blank envelope in the mail.

Inside lies a picture of his daughter, a photograph of her violent murder. Only it can't be her. He ju
Mass Market Paperback, 316 pages
Published April 16th 2020 by Poltergeist Press

To ask other readers questions about Dead Daughters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Daughters

Start your review of Dead Daughters
Sadie Hartmann
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love a good psychological thriller/mystery ESPECIALLY when a horror author takes a stab at it. I feel like authors who turn out quality horror (Like Meyer) easily step over into thriller territory; giving their audience that yummy high of a fast-paced murder mystery laced with horror nuances. When a horror writer is behind the wheel, the stakes are higher, the violence is cinematic, and the subject matter is pitch-black.
DEAD DAUGHTERS is a dark, twisty-turny little ride meant to kee
Richard Martin
Jan 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thriller and Mystery books aren’t typically my cup of tea. I usually enjoy them well enough, but the horror fanatic in me can’t help but think “Not bad, needed more flesh-eating monsters”. When Tim Meyer, writer of dark supernatural books like ‘Switch House’ and 80s style gorefest ‘Kill Hill Carnage’ releases a Thriller, then I sit up and take note.

Drew is a recovering drug addict who has turned his life around. Now living happily with his wife Eve and seven-year-old daughter, Dina, his life is
Andrew Fowlow
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to come...
Jeremy Hepler
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this new one from Tim Meyer. It's suspenseful, twisted, and, and will keep you on the edge of your seat until the end. ...more
Kimberly
DEAD DAUGHTERS, by Tim Meyer, is a spellbinding novel that you won't want to put down until the final page. This blends psychological horror, thriller, and police procedural elements to form one tale that I found completely mesmerizing.

". . . We all want to live, don't we?"

Drew Lowery has the perfect life now. Once he was an addict, but through the love and friendship of his--now wife--Eve, his entire outlook and lifestyle couldn't be any better. The best result, their seven-year-old daughte
Steve Stred
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** Edited as review is now live on Kendall Reviews! **

Big thanks always to Poltergeist Press for sending me their awesome ebooks. Anna and Matt are delivering some fantastic reads for us fans and the quality of authors and stories is truly stunning.

When I saw that they’d signed on to release Tim Meyer’s ‘Dead Daughters’ you can bet I was excited.

Meyer’s is an amazing author and one who sometimes seems to fall under the radar for some readers. I’m hoping this one will continue his ascension as on
Hunter Shea
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dead Daughters had me on the edge of my seat and then gutted me. By far, Tim Meyer's best book. An absolute must read. ...more
Dawn
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great! Hard to put down. I loved the characters and the story kept me guessing throughout. Creepy enough to unnerve me as well! I’m looking forward to more books by Tim Meyer ;)
Irene
This is only my second venture into the creative mind of Tim Meyer but he is now officially on my very short list of must read authors. This book came to me on a day when I was in the middle of reading something else. I meant only to take a quick peek at it out of curiosity but was drawn like a high powered magnet into the depth of character building and the blood chilling plot. The author conjures such a sense of dread and anxiety in the reader over what may happen to Drew Lowrey's daughter tha ...more
Richelle SheReadsHorror
Dead Daughters by Tim Meyer (Release date: April 16th) .

I would say this is something of a true crime fiction / psychological thriller. This is the type of true crime fiction I look for. I have found that I don’t like the POV of police or detectives. The story gets too caught up in police procedure and takes away from the excitement and entertainment for me. It’s just not something I like to read and I get kinda bored. I love reading through the mind’s eye of the victim or the killer. It seems s
FanFiAddict
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 8.5/10

Thanks to the publisher and author for an advance reading copy of Dead Daughters in exchange for an honest review. Receiving this eARC did not influence my thoughts or opinions on the novel.

Dead Daughters is a tension-fraught, white-knuckle thriller that’ll keep you guessing all the way to the end. It has been a while since I binge-read a book in less than 24 hours, but Meyer’s newest sunk its teeth into me early and often, only allowing me a few hours sleep and continued second gl
Lee-ann
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like a treacherous mountain road, Dead Daughters is full of twists and turns that will have you holding your breath, blind to what’s lurking around the next corner.

As events begin to unfold, the main characters fear and uncertainty cause his sanity to start to crumble, colliding into an avalanche of terror he’s not sure he can make it out of

..........

Drew Lowerys life couldn’t be more perfect until one day he goes to the mailbox and finds a Polaroid of his dead daughter. Except....she’s not rea
Brennan LaFaro
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One night, Drew and Eve Lowery receive a polaroid of their daughter, tied up and murdered. The only problem is, their daughter is upstairs in bed. The back cover synopsis (you can click down below for it) gives a little more detail, but honestly this is all you need. From the beginning I got the vibe I got from Stephen King’s The Outsider in its’ first half, my favorite part. The vibe where the reader is thrown into a situation that can’t possibly exist and has to try and make heads or tails of ...more
Alex | | findingmontauk1
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
WOW! Dead Daughters is the latest Tim Meyer book I read and it was another homerun for me! In this book we get a blend of psychological horror and thriller and I thought I had a few things figured out here and there, but I was wrong every time. I read this one in two sittings because I just could not put it down... and the ending left me happy and simultaneously ready for more with that final sentence. "Aha!" I exclaimed when I read those last words.

Truly unputdownable, Dead Daughters explores a
Matt (TeamRedmon)
Review to come
Laurel
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Masterful plotting, breakneck pacing and well drawn characters we can empathize with. Meyer demonstrates how thrillers should be written. One of the most satisfying I've read in the genre, and I've been recommending it ever since. ...more
Wayne Fenlon
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I've got to say, Tim Meyer, always comes up with really good original concepts.
Like THE SWITCH HOUSE and 69, he takes you places you never expect, never see coming. It's the same again here. DEAD DAUGHTERS is definitely a page turner worthy of your time.
I imagine it probably caused a fair few headaches to write as well. There's a hell of a lot going on.
When I think about what he was trying to achieve here, there's no doubt he's done a pretty good job working it all out.
Fair enoug
John Lynch
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometime ago on social media, one of my favorite publishers made an announcement with an author who I’ve enjoyed reading, but I’m ashamed to say, still have much of his work on my back catalog. That author is Tim Meyer, and Dead Daughters is masterwork that this publisher and author duo have released upon us.

Drew Lowery is living the proverbial American Dream, that is, until one day his life is turned upside down and he’s living every parents nightmare. To make matters worse, the cops can’t fig
Paul Preston
Mar 12, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Drew is a former drug addict that has turned his life around. Now he has a wife of 10 years and a young daughter(Dinah), the perfect life. Until he gets a Polaroid picture sent to his house of his daughter dead and bloodied and chained to a basement wall. But his daughter is fine, home and alive. Then they find out about her nightmares and the Shadow Man that visits at night and has threatened to kill her.
Tim Meyer engages you very quickly, especially if you are a parent. Tense, nerve wracking,
D.S. Ullery
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My personal favorite of Tim Meyer's work to date, this is a chilling novel about a loving, everyday family drawn further and further into a web of horror when strange, hideous photographs begin to show up.
I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just add the characters are well fleshed out and believable. I cared about this family, which makes it all the more tense as circumstances grow increasingly grim.
I've read a lot of books so far in 2020, some of which have been a master class in storytell
DarkBetweenPages
Tim Meyer’s work has been on my radar for some time now!

So happy I was finally able to dive into his work. Let me say the hype is REAL!

Tim’s writing is gripping. He knows just how to tell a story and not a ….here, take a seat, let me tell you a story kind of story.
More the, here I am going to tell you a story, you will be transported into the pages and feel as if these characters are real and you are living among them type story…
If that makes any sense?

I completely devoured this read, the
David
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020, horror
What a fantastic book this is! It has great characters and a hell of a mystery. My full review can be read here ---> https://wp.me/p5t5Tf-1TN ...more
Aiden Merchant
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(https://aidenmerchant.com/2021/01/26/...)

After 69 made my Top 10 of 2019, I was ecstatic for an ARC of Meyer’s latest work, Dead Daughters. And although I didn’t love it as much as I did 69, I still find this one to be a worthy recommendation.

Our lead, Drew, is an ex-addict-turned-fitness-instructor, thanks to his supportive and amazing wife. Together, they have an adorable, little girl who has just had herself a birthday. All is great, it seems. But alas, there is so much unwinding around them
Scott  Neumann
I haven't read a book this fast in a long time, it was refreshing to read something this engaging. Tim Meyer has crafted a tight page turning thriller that will keep you guessing until the end. To say much more will give away it's secrets.

Drew Lowery and his wife Eve are living the perfect middle class dream, it's Drews birthday and everything was perfect...until after the party is over and Drews gets his mail and finds a picture of his daughter dead and lying in a pool of blood even though she'
Noelle Kelly
Best Read
In everything that’s going on now, getting wrapped up in a pacy psychological thriller is an escape for the brain.

My Thoughts on the Book
Dead Daughters opens with a gripping scene, when Drew receives a photo of his daughter brutally murdered. But Drew’s daughter is alive and well, tucked up in bed just minutes before the photo’s arrival. We are instantly drawn into the story, desperate to find out what is going on.

Seeing the story through Drew’s eyes, the dread for his daughter’s safety
Debra
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down! Awesome storytelling with great chapter endings that made you have to keep going. Amazingly compellingly where I screamed “WHAT??” several times. Tim Meyer is my new obsession!
Baker St Shelves
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite genre, horror has been disappointing me lately. So much so that I needed a break from the genre and went to fantasy for the last few weeks and just waited for my horror batteries to recharge.
Then I heard the description of this book about a father who received a picture in the mail of his daughter dead on the ground. The problem is that she’s alive and well. Already you have a both a mystery and a chilling horror story that immediately catches the readers attention. Add that with ch
D.K. Hundt
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DEAD DAUGHTERS is a unique thriller by Tim Meyer that I most definitely recommend, with twists I honestly didn’t see coming.

Meyer is an author who never disappoints, I had the pleasure of reading LIMBS: A LOVE STORY last year and loved it!

Thank you, Tim Meyer and Poltergeist Press, for providing me with an advance eBook of DEAD DAUGHTERS in exchange for an honest review.

Jamie
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been on a roll with reading some solid 5-star thrillers lately, and DEAD DAUGHTERS is no exception. This is only my second read from Tim Meyer, and while I never had doubts I’d be seeking out more, reading this novel just confirmed that fact and bumped his other books higher on my TBR pile.

It’s always great to discover authors who can write across genres, and I’ve definitely noticed that is one of Meyer’s strengths. His novel THE SWITCH HOUSE was a heart-pounding story with my favorite tri
Horror Aficionados : June 2020 Group Read with Guest Author, Tim Meyer 20 123 Jun 28, 2020 06:53PM

• Crossroads
  • Red Station
  • Halloween Season
  • The Patience of a Dead Man
  • Tome
Tim Meyer dwells in a dark cave near the Jersey Shore. He's an author, husband, father, podcast host, blogger, coffee connoisseur, beer enthusiast, and explorer of worlds. He writes horror, mysteries, science fiction, and thrillers, although he prefers to blur genres and let the story fall where it may.

You can follow Tim at https://timmeyerwrites.com

OR like his Facebook page here: www.facebook.com