Start by marking “Dear Ava” as Want to Read:
Dear Ava

Dear Ava

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  27,910 ratings  ·  3,137 reviews
WSJ bestselling author Ilsa Madden-Mills delivers a gripping enemies-to-lovers, secret admirer, high school romance.

The rich and popular Sharks rule at prestigious, ivy-covered Camden Prep. Once upon a time, I wanted to be part of their world--until they destroyed me.

The last thing I expected was an anonymous love letter from one of them.

Please. I hate every one of those r
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 376 pages
Published February 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Dear Ava, please sign up.
Ilsa Madden-Mills Dear Ava begins with high school characters and eventually spans into college and adulthood. Not recommended for young adults under 18 because of dark…moreDear Ava begins with high school characters and eventually spans into college and adulthood. Not recommended for young adults under 18 because of dark content. Thank you. :) (less)

·  27,910 ratings  ·  3,137 reviews

Start your review of Dear Ava
daph pink ♡
People have different opinions and taste, so stop coming at me because I ranted your fav book , I respect people who loved it but messaging me and saying I better die because I ranted the hell out your fav book. Bish PLZZ.

(view spoiler)
lazybookconqueror
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2020books, angsty
4.5 - Stars.

Dear Ava is a difficult book. Without skirting around the first chapter opens with the heroine waking up after being drugged and abused at a keg party. And even though there's no description of the abuse on the page, it is tense enough to read about it. And it's a very complicated place for a book to start.

Then we cut to 9 months later, due to many circumstances Ava is going back to the same school where the possible abuser is from. He was never caught, and a lot of victim-blaming ha
mel ☽
"No matter the road you take, it doesn’t matter if it’s beautiful or ugly, hard or smooth, paved or pitted with ruts—it’s your road to take. What matters is how it ends."

well this surprised the shit outta me.

there were so many emotions i felt while reading this book and honestly, the last time i ever felt this way was when i read Landon & Shay: Part One and First and Forever (Heartache Duet #2).

Ava Harris (h) was (TW) drugged and sexually assaulted by one of the jocks from her school in ju
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
dear-eva

4.5 STARS

10 months ago Eva Harris experienced something terrible at the school bonfire. Now, after disappearing, she is back to finish her final year of high school and show everyone who did not believe her, that she is strong. 💘
Eva never felt like she belonged... studying in a prestigious private school thanks to a scholarship and not because she has a rich family like the other children - and now everyone thinks she lied about that night and they teased and harass her.
Until one day she re
Giorgia ~ Reads
4.5 ⭐️

This was a surprise for me. I don't usually, if ever pick up books that are set in high school, but I read a review saying to disregard that aspect because the book is worth it, so here I am now, saying the same.

What did I love about this? A lot of things.. everything?!

From the very beginning I was sucked in. When Ava describes waking from a particularly horrible experience right at the start of the book.. it was a beautifully executed scene regardless of the subject matter. It really p
Christy
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
“No matter the road you take, it doesn’t matter if it’s beautiful or ugly, hard or smooth, paved or pitted with ruts—it’s your road to take. What matters is how it ends.”

This is my second Isla Madden Mills book and I loved it so much! If you’re looking for a NA romance that has a great enemies to lovers aspect with a strong heroine and a grumpy but soft hero, this is the book for you!

Not only was this enemies to lovers, but it had the rich guy/poor girl troupe. Ava is poo
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
5 The Heart Knows When It Sees Its Forever stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

-Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.-Anais Nin

photo 134AB2DF-6D72-4A3D-A644-A68EE795836F_zpseaen4bae.jpg

Ava Harris has had a tough life and has always had to look out for herself. She gets into the prestigious Camden Prep School in Sugarwood, Tennessee on scholarship, and wants to fit in. The Sharks at Camden Prep are rich, popular, and untouchable. They rule the school, and she wants to be part of their world until one of them destroys her.

It'
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
dear-ava

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

DEAR AVA Is a full length stand-alone from enemies to lovers romance novel by Ilsa Madden-Mills

I really enjoyed this one! The beginning took me down a road I wasn’t prepared for, this was such an emotional journey, and it set up this story perfectly, the untouchable 'Shark' players, from Camden Prep who ruled the school and fathers that ruled the town.

Dating one of the Shark players offers Ava a tas
Jessica
First off, I was hesitant picking up this book. Mainly because of the cover. This didn't look like a high school new adult to me, so I was surprised when I picked it up and found out that it was. Ava is our main character and this book starts out with her waking up in the woods after being sexually assaulted at a party. A lot of this book has to do with Ava dealing with stigma from her peers over this event and uncovering who was the one who possibly drugged her and then assaulted her. Please kn ...more
Tears Of Venus
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
5 stars to one of the most beautiful boys I have ever had the pleasure of reading about.

You guys, I hate hugs. Not just hugs, I'm averse to all forms of physical affection but I would hug the hell out of Knox Grayson. You'd have to pry my hands off of him. With a really sharp object. Because I will fight you.

Yeasmin Alo
So......... Things happened
I saw the cover model
1.I Googled him real quick
2.Found him on IG
3.Now I am his stalker follower

💌🌷 The Review🌷💌

"Sometimes the loneliest place on earth is in the midst of a crowd."

I do not have much to say to express the excellence of this book

Except
✨From now on this will be my go-to book when I will need courage and strength to face the music. ✨

“Hades was lonely in hell. It’s a dark, isolated place. She symbolizes light and good. Opposites attract. Why ca
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥

Awesome first read from this author! 😍 I'll definitely be checking out more of her work in the future!
Wendys Wycked Words
Wow... I really enjoyed this one. Review to come soonish...

4-4,5 stars
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Ten months ago something happened to Ava at a school bonfire.

Now she's finally back at the elite private school near Nashville.

She doesn't really belong there - she's a scholarship girl. She's not one of the millionaire kids. She's an 18 year old semi-orphan living in a home run by nuns.

The kids at school all think she's a snitch for telling the police about what happened at that party. Everybody hates her.

And then she finds a letter ... from one of the football guys. But who? Her ex? One of the
Meags
5 Stars

I’m completely smitten. What a fabulous first-time experience with new-to-me author, Ilsa Madden-Mills.

I’ll admit, I wasn’t sure what to expect going in. Not only is this YA/NA in theme, but the story also opens with a possibly triggering and uncomfortable prologue, depicting seventeen-year-old heroine Ava, as she wakes up alone in the woods after attending a school kegger, scared, confused, and clearly having been sexually assaulted by an unknown classmate. Although her assault was neve
alana ♡
May 03, 2020 marked it as dnf
Shelves: romance
Say it with me y'all....TRASH.

The handling of rape in this book is fucking atrocious and I'll be damned if I give this book one more ounce of my energy.

Blog | Twitter
❤️ Nanda ❤️
IMG-20210128-165901-578

Second time reading after a year, but now I've listened to the audiobook.
❤️❤️❤️
So many emotions with this book... I loved how they evolved together and apart.
Again my heart broke and healed with them!
It's still one of my favorites!

🖤 Cold and Evil ❤️ Tulip forever! 💜

Pics-Art-09-06-04-52-19

Without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best books of this year, probably of my life, and we are only at the beginning.

When I'd read this book, I had never read anything by this author, but I was curious about this one. Man
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Dear Ava honestly surprised me with how intense it was. After reading the blurb I was excited to get a bully romance with a secret admirer and was so ready for all that angst. The story was so much more than that though, and it still delivered the angst but also a lot of emotions.

Ava was once the scholarship kid trying to fit in with the rich kids at her school. But that all changed when her desire to be one of them left her drugged and raped and feeling destroyed.
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I absolutely love when you can get lost in a book, with loads of romance on top of it.  And the emotions, hard not to love this one.  oh yes I fell in love ❤️

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Elle Kennedy
WSJ bestselling author Ilsa Madden-Mills delivers an emotional, enemies-to-lovers, secret admirer romance.

BUY TODAY or READ FOR FREE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED: http://bit.ly/DearAvaBook

The rich and popular Sharks rule at prestigious, ivy-covered Camden Prep. Once upon a time, I wanted to be part of their world—until they destroyed me.

alluring B ❄︎
DNF at 77%
really liked Knox here but i put it down for too long that
i just dont care to finish it anymore, soz :/

the author’s writing just aint for me, im sure of it now. plus, i think the high school setting played a part to why i didn’t love this—i really don’t want to give up on HS romances but i haven’t got any luck with it😩

anywayss, if i were to finish this it'd prolly be a 3 star read for me since again, it's Ilsa Madden-Mill—no such thing as hit or miss for her books bcs so far they’re
*My Little Book Nook*
Dear Ava is such a beautiful story about pain, healing, and the power and perseverance of love. It’s heartbreakingly emotional, but also uplifting, romantic, and truly inspiring. It is so much more than an enemies-to-lovers or secret admirer plot.

Dear Ava is a 6 Star read for me, and Knox and Ava are officially on my “favorite couples of all time” list.
I loved this book with my whole heart.

CW: sexual assault, addiction, suicide, abuse

Ava Harrison is back at Camden Prep after 10 months away, a
❤️ Nanda ❤️
❤️ Follow me on Instagram 💋

Without any doubt, one of my favorite books of this year, probably of my life, and we are only at the beginning of the year.

I've never read anything by this author before, but I was curious about this book. Many wonderful reviews, and not just from bloggers.

Ava is a wonderful character!
She's strong, determined, independent, imperfect, passionate, loyal and so complex that she will definitely be with me for a long time.

Knox is no different... he's unbelievably lonely, l
Rebeka
Feb 12, 2020 rated it liked it
They are both celibate during separation.
I think he is celibate since the “party night” but I am not sure

Although she is not a virgin I wish she had more experience because she saw him with three girls, he feels ashamed when she told him that but she is the one who purposely went to see him with others after the first time, she wasn’t jealous BUT why is that necessary? It’s disgusting that a teenager is having sex with girls without looking at them at school grounds!!!! This shit is not realisti
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
I enjoy Ilsa Madden Mills' love stories as they are always romantic, full of swoony moments and the most engaging banter. Dear Ava, however, was on another level for me!! This amazing story was edgier, more emotional and told a story of a young woman who persevered and the man who was determined to see justice for her.

Gah!! This story was very beautifully written as it was full of heart, painful moments that took my breath away and engaging spitfire banter. I loved Knox and Ava's connection and
Ilsa Madden-Mills
Feb 02, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
WSJ bestselling author Ilsa Madden-Mills delivers an emotional enemies-to-lovers, secret admirer romance.

BUY TODAY or READ FOR FREE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED: http://bit.ly/DearAvaBook

The last thing I expected was an anonymous love letter from one of them.

Please. I hate those rich jerks for what they did to me. The question is, which Shark is my secret
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5+ 'Tulip's Secret Admirer' Stars!
ARC provided via Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.

Let me start this by congratulating the amazing Ilsa Madden-Mills for writing such an outstanding love story. It takes a whole lot now for me to rate a book with my special 5+ stars rating but Dear Ava deserves it 100%. I’ve been impatiently waiting for this story ever since reading a sneak peek of it in the Team Player 2 anthology and the wait has been so worth it. Ava and Knox’s story is an
Susan (susayq ~)
Second read - Jan/Feb 2020

Ilsa took this novella and turned it into a full length novel. While I loved reading it the first time, the expansion just tweaked it up that much more! This was angsty yet sweet and heartbreaking and I loved it. I cried and I laughed. And I ended it with a huge smile.

First read - Sept 2019
Ilsa Madden-Mills has done it again. She writes these characters that you want to know and you want to live in their world.

While this was a quick read, it was a little on the angsty
Robyn
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Tulip Stars

“Dear Ava,” is a novella within the “Team Player 2: A Sport Anthology.” However, this story will be added to, and will be re-published as a full length standalone novel, in early 2020! I’m all over “double the words,” of a lengthier promised story, because this teaser pulled me in from the start!

I don’t want to give too much always, but the prologue starts out pretty dark, and it’s insight, as well as the Author’s Note, keeps you guessing, and intrigued throughout.

Isla Madden M
Radd Reader
I loved Cold & Evil 🥰 and Tulip 💜. What a heart tugging story!! ❤️

“I need you with me, Tulip. I let you walk away. I could have chased after you and begged you to come back, but I stuffed everything down and carried on for my family, to get our shit straight, and we did. But there’s no more going slow with me. No more distance. No more time to breathe. It’s our time. Us.”

“Dear Ava, today is the beginning of anything you want,” he says in my ear.
I clutch his shoulders. “You. Always you.”

Syno

• Wild In The Windy City: The Anthology Volume 3
  • Releasing Keanu (The Kennedy Boys #8)
  • Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
  • The Trouble with Gravity
  • Dirty Sweet Valentine: And Other Filthy Tales of Love
  • Stealing Her (Covet, #1)
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)
  • Christmas in the City
  • Rock Star, Unbroken  (Tragic Duet, #2)
  • Always Mine (Liam & Madelyn, #1; Roommate Duet, #5)
  • Koyn (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa, OK, #1)
  • Rush: The Beginning (Black Hearts Still Beat, #1)
  • Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)
  • Atone (The Disciples Book 2)
  • Where the Little Birds Are (Little Bird Duet #2)
  • Between Now and Always (Forever Trilogy, #3)
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy #3)
#1 Amazon Charts, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today best-selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills pens angsty new adult and contemporary romances.

A former high school English teacher and librarian, she adores all things Pride and Prejudice, and of course, Mr. Darcy is her ultimate hero.

She's addicted to frothy coffee beverages, cheesy magnets, and any book featuring unicorns and sword-wi