Start by marking “Dear Ava” as Want to Read:
Dear Ava

Dear Ava

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  7,996 ratings  ·  1,330 reviews
WSJ bestselling author Ilsa Madden-Mills delivers a gripping enemies-to-lovers, secret admirer, high school romance.

The rich and popular Sharks rule at prestigious, ivy-covered Camden Prep. Once upon a time, I wanted to be part of their world--until they destroyed me.

The last thing I expected was an anonymous love letter from one of them.

Please. I hate every one of those
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 376 pages
Published February 1st 2020

·  7,996 ratings  ·  1,330 reviews

Start your review of Dear Ava
lazybookconqueror
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angsty, 2020books, arc
4.5 - Stars.

Dear Ava is a difficult book. Without skirting around the first chapter opens with the heroine waking up after being drugged and abused at a keg party. And even though there's no description of the abuse on the page, it is tense enough to read about it. And it's a very complicated place for a book to start.

Then we cut to 9 months later, due to many circumstances Ava is going back to the same school where the possible abuser is from. He was never caught, and a lot of victim-blaming
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Shelves: arcs
5 The Heart Knows When It Sees Its Forever stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

-Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.-Anais Nin

photo 134AB2DF-6D72-4A3D-A644-A68EE795836F_zpseaen4bae.jpg

Ava Harris has had a tough life and has always had to look out for herself. She gets into the prestigious Camden Prep School in Sugarwood, Tennessee on scholarship, and wants to fit in. The Sharks at Camden Prep are rich, popular, and untouchable. They rule the school, and she wants to be part of their world until one of them destroys her.

It's
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
dear-ava

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

DEAR AVA Is a full length stand-alone from enemies to lovers romance novel by Ilsa Madden-Mills

I really enjoyed this one! The beginning took me down a road I wasn’t prepared for, this was such an emotional journey, and it set up this story perfectly, the untouchable 'Shark' players, from Camden Prep who ruled the school and fathers that ruled the town.

Dating one of the Shark players offers Ava a taste of
mel
"No matter the road you take, it doesn’t matter if it’s beautiful or ugly, hard or smooth, paved or pitted with ruts—it’s your road to take. What matters is how it ends."

well this surprised the shit outta me.

there were so many emotions i felt while reading this book and honestly, the last time i ever felt this way was when i read Landon & Shay: Part One and First and Forever (Heartache Duet #2).

Ava Harris (h) was (TW) drugged and sexually assaulted by one of the jocks from her school in
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Ten months ago something happened to Ava at a school bonfire.

Now she's finally back at the elite private school near Nashville.

She doesn't really belong there - she's a scholarship girl. She's not one of the millionaire kids. She's an 18 year old semi-orphan living in a home run by nuns.

The kids at school all think she's a snitch for telling the police about what happened at that party. Everybody hates her.

And then she finds a letter ... from one of the football guys. But who? Her ex? One of the
Wendy
Wow... I really enjoyed this one. Review to come soonish...

4-4,5 stars
Miftahul
PERFECTION........

IG- Miftahul_mslovesreading
ARC WAS KINDLY PROVIDED IN EXCHANGE OF HONEST REVIEW

Let me go in a corner and cry for a while, My sweet little broken bean Knox.. I loved him so much. My heart hurt for Ava and Knox they both dealt with so many things but stood strong. This book is perfection! its a mixture of dark, sweet romance, like I legit devoured it. I usually dont like many books and end up hating it after 60% and when I started reading this I thought I ll hate it too but
Elle Kennedy
WSJ bestselling author Ilsa Madden-Mills delivers an emotional, enemies-to-lovers, secret admirer romance.

BUY TODAY or READ FOR FREE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED: http://bit.ly/DearAvaBook

The rich and popular Sharks rule at prestigious, ivy-covered Camden Prep. Once upon a time, I wanted to be part of their world—until they destroyed me.

Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Dear Ava honestly surprised me with how intense it was. After reading the blurb I was excited to get a bully romance with a secret admirer and was so ready for all that angst. The story was so much more than that though, and it still delivered the angst but also a lot of emotions.

Ava was once the scholarship kid trying to fit in with the rich kids at her school. But that all changed when her desire to be one of them left her drugged and raped and feeling destroyed.
Brit *My Little Book Nook*
Dear Ava is such a beautiful story about pain, healing, and the power and perseverance of love. It’s heartbreakingly emotional, but also uplifting, romantic, and truly inspiring. It is so much more than an enemies-to-lovers or secret admirer plot.

Dear Ava is a 6 Star read for me, and Knox and Ava are officially on my “favorite couples of all time” list.
I loved this book with my whole heart.

CW: sexual assault, addiction, suicide, abuse

Ava Harrison is back at Camden Prep after 10 months away,
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
I enjoy Ilsa Madden Mills' love stories as they are always romantic, full of swoony moments and the most engaging banter. Dear Ava, however, was on another level for me!! This amazing story was edgier, more emotional and told a story of a young woman who persevered and the man who was determined to see justice for her.

Gah!! This story was very beautifully written as it was full of heart, painful moments that took my breath away and engaging spitfire banter. I loved Knox and Ava's connection and
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I absolutely love when you can get lost in a book, with loads of romance on top of it. And the emotions, hard not to love this one. oh yes I fell in love

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Meags
5 Stars

I’m completely smitten. What a fabulous first-time experience with new-to-me author, Ilsa Madden-Mills.

I’ll admit, I wasn’t sure what to expect going in. Not only is this YA/NA in theme, but the story also opens with a possibly triggering and uncomfortable prologue, depicting seventeen-year-old heroine Ava, as she wakes up alone in the woods after attending a school kegger, scared, confused, and clearly having been sexually assaulted by an unknown classmate. Although her assault was
Ilsa Madden-Mills
Feb 02, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
WSJ bestselling author Ilsa Madden-Mills delivers an emotional enemies-to-lovers, secret admirer romance.

The last thing I expected was an anonymous love letter from one of them.

Please. I hate those rich jerks for what they did to me. The question is, which Shark is my secret
Robyn
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Tulip Stars

“Dear Ava,” is a novella within the “Team Player 2: A Sport Anthology.” However, this story will be added to, and will be re-published as a full length standalone novel, in early 2020! I’m all over “double the words,” of a lengthier promised story, because this teaser pulled me in from the start!

I don’t want to give too much always, but the prologue starts out pretty dark, and it’s insight, as well as the Author’s Note, keeps you guessing, and intrigued throughout.

Isla Madden
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
It's LIVE! Buy Today: http://bit.ly/DearAvaBook

Rate: 4.5 / 5 stars

Dear Ava is a sweet sports & high school romance that deals with important issues. You'll fall in love with these two, individually and as a couple.

Ava is a strong girl who has been through so much throughout her life and is now ready to face her fears and do anything for her future and her little brother's. And Knox is a football player that surprised us all... he has a depth that I wanted to know more about and once I did
Susan (susayq ~)
Second read - Jan/Feb 2020

Ilsa took this novella and turned it into a full length novel. While I loved reading it the first time, the expansion just tweaked it up that much more! This was angsty yet sweet and heartbreaking and I loved it. I cried and I laughed. And I ended it with a huge smile.

First read - Sept 2019
Ilsa Madden-Mills has done it again. She writes these characters that you want to know and you want to live in their world.

While this was a quick read, it was a little on the
Michelle Claypot_Reads
All the stars in the world for this story. I think this one has jumped into my top spot from Ilsa. A big claim because she’s one of my unicorn authors, but this story, well it’s kind of special.

I adored these characters. Absolutely adored them. I laughed, I cried, I felt my heart break. This story touches on very real subject matter. It’s not a breezy read but that’s why I loved it. As a sexual assault survivor this one hit very close to home for me but the subject is handled respectfully and
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5+ 'Tulip's Secret Admirer' Stars!
ARC provided via Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.

Let me start this by congratulating the amazing Ilsa Madden-Mills for writing such an outstanding love story. It takes a whole lot now for me to rate a book with my special 5+ stars rating but Dear Ava deserves it 100%. I’ve been impatiently waiting for this story ever since reading a sneak peek of it in the Team Player 2 anthology and the wait has been so worth it. Ava and Knox’s story is an
NiCoLeTa E.
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
***4 "Cold & Evil!!!" stars***

NOW AVAILABLE!

Life shrinks or expands in propotion to one's courage... {Anaïs Nin}

"No matter the road you take, it doesn't matter if it's beautiful or ugly, hard or smooth, paved or pitted with ruts -it's your road to take. What matters is how it ends."

Dear Ava,

your story was a story full of tragedy and loss... Loss of your innocence... Loss of yourself...
But your strength and courage was huge and your determination to succeed no matter what they did to you
LianaReads blog
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my Dearest Ava, my heart was broken for you and everything that happened but I love how you are a survivor and fight back with everything in you for your life and dreams.
My sweet Knox, you are a true hero for your endless love and faith in people that really matters.
I cried, I swore, I cheered, I had my heart broken in million pieces and sewed back together by this epic love story.
Some people wear their scars on their body for everyone to see but others can’t show them because
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„It takes a phoenix to rise from the ashes. I guess he thinks you are one.”

I am completely stunned and delighted. Dear Ava is absolutely the best story from Ilsa Madden-Mills and that means a lot, because I love all of her novels. But it’s the first time when Ilsa has put such an emotional depth and so many feelings into her book. This heartbreakingly beautiful story left me breathless right from the start. I was completely consumed and forgot how to adult until I was finished!

I adore Ava. She
Shannon
Having read, and loved, Dear Ava as a novella in the Team Player 2 anthology, I was anxious and eager for 2020 to arrive so that we could get the rest of Ava’s story. Ms. Madden-Mills had me completely enthralled by Ava, by her secret admirer, by the goings on at Camden Prep, and I needed to know how things were going to play out. I so wanted Ava to be happy and to get the answer she so desperately needed. I had so many questions and I wasn’t sure if I should let down my guard - was it safe to ...more
K. Bromberg

Chris
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED it! Ilsa Madden-Mills never fails to write stories with characters that you just can't get enough of. I was completely taken with Ava and Knox. Their story will captivate you, the highs and lows of their young lives will keep you on the edge of your seat, begging to know more and desperate for a satisfactory outcome. Her characters appeal to me because they are strong-willed, smart, flawed in some way, realistic and easy to love. Her stories always flow flawlessly from beginning to end. ...more
Penny Reid
Feb 03, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

Kahea
***5 Stars***

After reading the, what we will now call, “The Teaser” version of Dear Ava in the Team Player 2 anthology (Not available anymore) I NEEDED more. I need more of Ava, her friends, her enemies, her frenemies...everyone!

ALL. OF. IT.

So to say I was squealing like a teenager who has just seen one of their idols for the first time in the flesh is an understatement (Though, please note it was all done in my head...but still) and Ms. Madden Mills abso-fucking-lutely delivered! I laughed, I
ABookLover73
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2020
FIVE BREATHLESS STARS for Ava and Knox !!!

I really enjoyed reading this book.

Ilsa absolutely won me with this beautifully written book and I want more books like this one.

"Dear Ava" is a standalone dark high school romance with enemies to lovers and secret admirer tropes.

It's a book with a lot of emotional moments that will make you cry and feel the character's pain as it's your own.

Ava is a female character who doesn't surrender no matter how bad everything looks like. She is a strong and
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Betrayal, pain, loyalty, love and most prevalent of all the desire for REVENGE!

Being the girl no one believes makes Ava’s return so much sweeter because she will stop at nothing to take down the one who hurt her! All she wants is the truth to be exposed! She never saw that finding that truth would lead her down the road of love but is she ready to give her all when she’s not even sure who she is anymore?

Knox has made it his mission to do what he can to help Ava; the beautiful blonde he used to
Hanne
Shelves: new-adult
Dear Ava was a novella in the anthology ‘Team Player 2’. I adored that novella. I was so happy when I found out that there would be more Ava and Knox, because I felt like their story wasn’t over. I couldn’t wait to start this novel. I loved Dear Ava! It is packed with emotions, love and a little mystery. The mystery is dark and it’s not about an easy subject.

Ava is strong, feisty, smart and loving. Something terrible happened to her, but she’s a fighter. She may be struggling on the inside

• Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Wild In The Windy City: The Anthology Volume 3
  • The Guy in the Middle (The Underdogs, #3)
  • Releasing Keanu (The Kennedy Boys #8)
  • Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
  • The Trouble with Gravity
  • Dirty Sweet Valentine: And Other Filthy Tales of Love
  • Stealing Her (Covet, #1)
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)
  • Christmas in the City
  • Rock Star, Unbroken  (Tragic Duet, #2)
  • Always Mine (Liam & Madelyn, #1; Roommate Duet, #5)
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Koyn (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa #1)
  • Rush: The Beginning (Black Hearts Still Beat, #1)
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)

Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today best-selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills is best known for her angsty new adult romances and romantic comedies.

Eight of her eleven novels have placed in the Amazon Top 10 Best-seller List: Dirty English #1; Fake Fiancée and I Dare You #2; I Bet You, Filthy English, and Very Bad Things #6; Boyfriend Bargain #8; The Last Guy, her collaboration with Tia
“No matter the road you take, it doesn’t matter if it’s beautiful or ugly, hard or smooth, paved or pitted with ruts—it’s your road to take. What matters is how it ends.” 5 likes
“I love how he laughs. It’s the color of the sun, soft and warm and golden.” 3 likes