Start by marking “Little Wonders” as Want to Read:
Little Wonders

Little Wonders

If you like SMALL ADMISSIONS by Amy Poepell or CLASS MOM by Laurie Gelman you will love this novel about super mommies, private schools, and getting your worst moment plastered across the internet.

Her mommy meltdown is seen around the world!

When Quinn Barretts son refuses to wear his hand-crafted costume to the Little Wonders Preschool Happy Halloween Parade and Dance
Published March 17th 2020 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Little Wonders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Wonders

Start your review of Little Wonders
Katie B
This was a miss for me. I had actually started reading this book about a month ago and after about 30 pages or so decided to put it down and come back to it later because I wasn't really feeling it. And even though this time around I was able to keep reading and finish the book, I can't say I really got much out of the experience. I think it boils down to is I just didn't connect with the characters and therefore didn't have an interest in their lives. It probably also didn't help I had recently ...more
Kristy
Quinn Barrett's mantra is about being perfect. But that all crumbles when she's caught on camera at the Little Wonders Preschool Halloween parade screaming at her young son, Hamilton, and destroying his (you guessed it) perfectly-created spaceship costume. As president of the Little Wonders board, a perfect mom, and a designer, Quinn supposedly has it all together. But when fellow Little Wonders mom Daisy McGulch captures her meltdown on her phone and it goes viral, Quinn's perfect life is over. ...more
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-are, edelweiss
In dark moments, when Quinn Barrett looked back and analyzed what caused the destruction of her entire life, she should have known that it would happen at the Little Wonders Preschool Happy Halloween Costume Parade (and Dance Party).

After a long, trying day, Little Wonders Preschool Parent Association President, Quinn Barrett loses her temper when her three year old refuses to wear the Halloween costume shed spent hours making. When her tantrum is caught on camera by another parent and
ReadingGirlReviews (Gina)
We are all looking for "that" book right now and let me tell you, I think I found it!

Have you ever had one of those books that no matter what time it is, or how heavy your eyes are, you just couldn't put it down?  Well, LITTLE WONDERS was one of those for me.  This book was so good it was like I was watching Desperate Housewives pre-school moms version.

This book is like an out of control train.    Quinn, Shanna and Daisy, our three main characters not only have their own personal problems, but
Jane
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Thanks to LibraryThing and William Morrow Paperbacks for this ARC.

Not my type of book but sure appropriate for this day and age with people and videos going viral on social media. Didn't like any of the characters. They were stuck-up moms and their kids at an upper society pre-school.
aarya

When I saw an arc of LITTLE WONDERS available to request, there was no way I wasnt clicking on it: Im obsessed with stories featuring wild school shenanigans of upper class folks meddling in their childrens education. Its a niche genre but publishing always puts out a couple books per year.

Im not a parent and I have zero experience with preschool. I cant speak to the accuracy of those things; I can only assess how much I enjoyed the story.

Where the book shines is the discussion of
Mom_Loves_Reading
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rorick satirically captured the "mom world" perfectly, in my opinion, when it comes to some of the moms in the area I live in. Mom's who think they are above & beyond, & really just need to get over themselves. I enjoyed this book & took it for what it's meant to be: entertaining. It gave me "Bad Moms" (the movie, which I LOVE) vibes in dealing with flawed parenting from both ends of the spectrum. It's funny, but also heartfelt, insightful, & thought-provoking.
Look for "Little
Kathleen Gray
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rorick has put a fresh spin on mommy shaming - and she's done it with humor and heart. Quinn wants everything to be perfect; she's an interior designer with a surgeon husband and Hamilton, a three year old son. Problem is, it can't be. Ham isn't potty trained, her husband is going to a lot of spin classes, and she has too much on her plate. Unfortunately, her meltdown comes when Ham refuses to wear his Halloween costume and it's filmed by Daisy, a fish out of water at this upscale preschool. ...more
Rebecca
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2020
Thanks to the publisher, via Netgalley, for an advance e-galley.

The recent roster of school centered books featuring parents behaving badly has been massively intriguing and entertaining to me, and I enjoyed Little Wonders thoroughly. Little Wonders' resident overachiever mom has a complete breakdown at the school Halloween function, which, when a video of her overreaction goes viral, causes her life to spiral. It's a great story and entertaining story about maintaining identity in parenthood
Shelley
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: novels, giveaways
It's a cute story. It would make a cute movie. It's well-written, even though it's stereotype-heavy (-1 star). But I've got issues (-1 star).

I've 1) had a kid in swanky day care and gotten those newsletters, 2) been a manic pixie game master (heck, I actually wrote a gaming book), 3) moved from the west coast to a small, upscale community in Massachusetts (and back), and 4) given up a professional career to raise a small person.

Normally I would be thrilled to find a novel representing my life.
Stephanie
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quinn Barrett strives for perfection.  It's her personal mantra, to appear perfect, to be perfect for her husband, her son, her work life and as the president of the Little Wonders Preschool Parent Association.  The next perfect event she needs to pull off is the Little Wonders Happy Halloween Parade and Dance Party.  However, when her three year old son Hamilton would rather not wear the perfectly hand crafted spaceship costume Quinn made, she has the mother of all tantrums. New Preschool mom, ...more
Heidi
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quinn is the perfect designer, the perfect wife, the perfect mother, the perfect Parents Association President. And then she has the perfect meltdown at the preschool's Halloween parade when her toddler doesn't want to wear his costume. Caught on video, Quinn goes viral and becomes "Halloween Mom". Which wasn't what Daisy, with the electric blue hair and tattoo sleeves, wanted to happen. She just sent it to a few of her cool west-coast friends, she didn't think they'd share it around. Daisy is ...more
Becky
Mar 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Quinn Barrett's perfectly organized life begins to crumble when a moment of rage goes viral on the internet. And new mom in town, Daisy, is the unfortunate cause of it all.

Quinn had no idea anyone had witnessed her meltdown at the Halloween parade, much less filmed it. But then video of her destroying her carefully crafted costume for her son is leaked and gains national attention.

Daisy is new to Needleton and still trying to fit in. She hadn't meant to film Quinn's incident. She also never
Andrea Guy
I'm not at all sure how I felt about this book. I read and enjoyed The Baby Plan, but this was different.

From the start, I hated Quinn Barrett. I didn't like Ham, and a really hated her husband. Daisy and Rob were ok, but only in that they were opposites of the Barretts. Almost normal folk, would be the best way to describe them.

I felt the most fun thing about the book were the newsletters that appeared randomly, with the little bits of snarky humor scratched out.

Little Wonders preschool...I
Patty
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Imagine if one of your worst moments in time was caught on camera, posted to the internet and then it went viral. Thats what happens to Quinn Barrett, a woman who strives to live a perfect life with her surgeon husband and toddler son. She has a meltdown during the annual Halloween parade at her sons preschool and the new mom in town happens to have her phone pointed in the right direction. That mom, Daisy is trying hard to fit in with the East coast, upper crust, Boston crown but she has ...more
Sherri Lewis
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***I received an ARC from Library Thing in exchange for my honest review

Quinn Barrett is trying to be the ultimate wonder mom, but her son Hamilton is not making it easy for her. Three-year-old Ham is still not quite potty trained despite her best efforts, and although he has insisted for weeks he wanted to be a spaceship for Halloween, now that it is time for the Halloween Parade at the Little Wonders Preschool he wants to be a fireman. He refuses to get into the spaceship that Quinn spent
Michelle
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Five WONDERful stars to this adorably funny
mommy romp. Little Wonders is one of those books I just didnt want to end and by the time it did, the characters felt like good friends.

It starts when the perfect Quinn Barrettpresident of the Little Wonders Parent Associationhas the meltdown of all meltdowns at a preschool Halloween partya meltdown that is caught on camera. And subsequently shared with the world. Quinn never wanted to be Internet-famous, at least not for screaming at her
Amy
Mar 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book Ive read this year about a mom getting filmed in a unbecoming way, and the video going viral on the internet.

Quinn is your perfect mom - parents association president, beautifully decorated home, successful surgeon husband, thriving career in interior design, and a three year old son. Unfortunately, one very bad incident of Quinn yelling at her son while crushing the Halloween costume he refused to wear is caught on camera... and suddenly the video is leaked to the
The Novelephant
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Just finished reading Little Wonders by Kate Rorick!Such a lighthearted and fun read for the spring, especially during this time when we are all stuck at home. The strength of this book lies in its characters, preschool moms of the East coast clash with the newcomer mom of the West Coast. We meet the perfectionist, type A, overachiever Quinn with her days perfectly planned, and we meet her opposite, the D&D loving, blue-haired, geek Daisy. Both moms tackle the struggles and parental drama ...more
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun and heartfelt read that I devoured in less than 2 days. It was easy to relate to Daisy's struggle to fit in, Quinn's constant quest for perfection, and the pressure of social media. Kids, marriages, and friendships (on top of having your worst parenting moment blasted all over social media in a horrible viral video) are a delicate balance and watching these characters juggle everything on top of growing and becoming more dynamic people propelled me to finish it quickly. This book ...more
Rosa Davis
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I won this in Goodreads giveaway. This review is formed from my own opinions.

Quinn Barrett was the definition of perfection until a video of her throwing a tantrum at her son goes viral. Daisy Mcgulch the new outsider who in no way shape or form fits into the traditional posh conservative small New England town. New and unlikely friendships and bonds form.

I absolutely love this book. This is my most favorite book I've won so far. I enjoyed all the characters' growth as book
Mikala
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I actually liked this better than I thought I was. I have nothing in common with the main character. Im not a mom with no desire to be one. But once you get through that, this book is about kickass women trying to live their best lives and juggling everything as best they can. They try to show a perfect front in their perfect lives until they realize its not perfect. I would really recommend this book. I loved Quinn and Daisys relationship. ...more
Reading Fool
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways, 2020
I received an Advance Reader's Copy of this book.

What a fun read. It reminded me a bit of Big Little Lies, but funny and without a death in the plot. The story circles around a group of young mothers and their toddler children who all attend the Little Wonders Preschool. The writing is laugh-out-loud funny and the scenarios are real and current. This is a clever commentary on the pressures felt by young mothers/career women to be perfect and successful. I thoroughly enjoyed this book!
Beth SHULAM
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kate Rorick's newest Little Wonders is indeed a wonderfully funny commentary on the state of motherhood in the digital age. It is a charming story of two very different mothers one trying to be everything to everyone and losing the battle and the other a free spirit learning the ropes in a new town. Their lives converge because of a media frenzy.

The characters in this story bring me back to a time when I was in the midst of raising my toddler who is now 17 years old.

Funny and sweet story.
Fabiola Alicea
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely fell in love with this book the witty yet sophisticated ironies and the clever foreshadowing. I love how Ms. Rodrick took the level of character development to the next level. Thank you for giving the world this book, I will recommend it to my friends and an excited for more great reads to come.
Sara Strand
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall? A pretty solid book. I thought it was funny and light, and a pretty absurd look into the elite suburbia preschools.... at least what I imagine to be like. I wish some of the story lines weren't included to begin with (they weren't funny and didn't bring much to the point of the book) and I wish we had Shanna's POV, but for the most part? I enjoyed this one.
Debby
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't enjoy reading about adults (rich or otherwise) behaving badly. This was, largely, a slow, painful slog. I shouldn't have to wait until almost 95% of the book to be interested in the outcome. None of the characters is especially likeable. Near the bitter end, a couple might be somewhat redeemed. Overall: no thanks.
Marilyn
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Are the parents of preschoolers really so out of control today? Maybe so. This book is both funny, and a little scary if what the author says is really happening. Good, easy read. I would lhighly recommend it for mothers of small children. Will make them laugh and hopefully not see themselves in it.
Bri
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this read! It only took me a couple of days to get through, and I found myself completely enamored with Daisy and Quinn. Each character has an air of believability to them, and I've seen personalities just like theirs in the wild. All in all, thoroughly enjoyable read.
Melinda Ann
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the storyline. It was very on point with what we are going through as a society, phones at the ready and the need to film everything. Also, what happens when our lives fall apart due to the very public nature of living for the perfection of the camera.

• Minor Dramas & Other Catastrophes
  • St. Francis Society for Wayward Pets
  • Big Summer
  • The Family Upstairs
  • The Operator
  • The Red Lotus
  • Dead to Her
  • The Forgotten Letters of Esther Durrant
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement
  • The Sea of Lost Girls
  • The Playground
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • This Won't End Well
  • Mercy House
  • Nothing to See Here
  • The Authenticity Project
  • The Lager Queen of Minnesota
aka
Kate Noble

Emmy Award-winning writer Kate Rorick is the author of novels about modern motherhood. Her latest is Little Wonders (William Morrow, coming 3/17/20). She is also a television writer and producer, most recently for The Librarians and Marvels Cloak and Dagger. Kate was one of the writers behind the runaway YouTube sensation The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, and authored its two tie-in novels.