Start by marking “Made In New York (Made In, #1)” as Want to Read:
Made In New York (Made In, #1)

Made In New York

(Made In #1)

Can a casual encounter turn into more?

Isaac’s trip to New York just before Christmas had a single purpose, learn as much about running an LGBTQ Youth Center as possible and take it back to his native Portugal.

Max’s love of the Christmas season was only surpassed by his job and a nurse and volunteering at his friends’ LGBTQ Youth Center in New York.

A rescue.

A day out in the
Published June 2019 (first published December 16th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Made In New York, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Made In New York

Start your review of Made In New York (Made In, #1)
Aղցela W.
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a short quick read that I liked. Isaac is on a trip to NYC so he can learn how to run an LGBTQ Youth Center so can possible start a center back in his native Portugal. While at the center he has an accident and is rescued by Max. Max is a nurse who volunteers at the center. These two hit it off but Isaac doesn't have much longer in the US. This was a good read but this book had quite a few errors in grammar. This was my first time reading this author. I am looking forward to reading the ...more
Kim
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
New to me author. This is a mm contemporary novella about Isaac, an out of towner and Max an nurse in New York. No HEA for these two but they will be staring in future books from this series. I’ll read this author again.
Coco.V
Jul 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (7/4/2019)! ...more
Agni Devi
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lovely short story that deserves to become a full book.

Made in New York - A Christmas Short Story by Ana Newfolk tells us about Isaac, a young Portuguese LGBT center founder, and Max, an American nurse, who meet and click in the Big Apple at the best time of the year, when miracles happen and anything is possible.
Both men have had their fair share of heartache, but keep a positive attitude toward Life and grab all the good things it can bring, especially the gift of finding each other in
Xanthe
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read but a great romance

Really enjoyed this short story. Filled with a dash of danger, a pinch of love and a sprinkling of Christmas.
Things obviously happen quickly in short stories but this one flowed well. I felt like I got to know the two MC's, Isaac and Max and it didn't feel rushed. I liked that they visited a couple of the main tourist locations in the city and Max got Isaac to enjoy his visit not just think about work with the shelter.
I'd definitely recommend to all who love a quick
Megan
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and steamy, lots of depth. A really great beginning for Max and Isaac.

With so much sweetness and promise, this was a fantastic prequel. We got to know each man quite well in only a few pages and I was surprised at the depth each of them achieved in so short a time. What was also great was the foundation they created with only a day and a half of acquaintance. We were given hesitance, dancing around feelings, fun activities, steamy moments, and heartfelt confessions. While the ending is
Kendra T
This was so sweet, and I have to admit that I got a bit emotional at the end. Isaac is visiting New York from Portugal, and a fire breaks out. Max saves Isaac, and there is an immediate connection. They spend the next 36-48 hours together before Isaac goes back, and their time is magical. It ends pretty sad, because Isaac is heading home, but it is a great prequel to their story in Made in Manhattan. I enjoyed this a lot.

I am voluntarily reviewing an ARC provided by LesCourt Author Services

Anne-Marie Mogensen
A solid debut forbthis author. I do feel the story is a bit rushed and I'd love some more dimensions on the characters but for me that's always a bit of an issue wih short stories.
This one ends in a cliffhanger and I'm well enough intrigued that I'll be reading the second story.
Jax
Plodding.....zzzzzzzz.... DNF @15%
Jenn (not Lily)
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: winter-read
A lovely Christmas story, and a great promise of good things to come from this new author. I'm looking forward to reading more about Max and Isaac when it's ready!
Melissa
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday, m-m
For this author’s debut story, I have to say that she did a solid job with the storyline and character development. I really enjoyed the story and the time Isaac and Max spent together sharing Issac’s first Christmas in New York. I am looking forward to more from Ana and to see what’s in store for Max and Issac down the road. When you consider that this is a free story that was written for a Christmas advent calendar, you should be able to be a bit forgiving about any mistakes you may see and ...more
Becca
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it

This is a sweet little story on how it got starts with Max and Isaac. Originally, Portugal was supposed to be book 1 I think and this was added and it changed, so we are getting a start on some other relationships that are ongoing in this book. Like Dorian and Jean-Paul.
It's a sweet story though. With a little drama thrown in to make it even more interesting. Isaac is at a conference at the lgbtq center where Max is speaking when he steps out to take a phone call. It's a happy day because he now
Pati
I probably would have liked this more if it hadn't been riddled with errors and not been a cliffhanger.
Meg
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of how Max and Isaac meet. I have not read any of the other books in this series, but this appears to be the prelude to Made in Manhattan.

This is a very sweet Insta-love romance that takes place during the Christmas season. Isaac is in town for business, and Max is a speaker at the conference he is attending. When danger strikes, Max is there to rescue Isaac and make sure he is okay once released from the hospital.

The two can't deny their mutual attraction, and spend the test
Kathryn Manzella
A fire at a conference, brings two men, Isaac and Max, into each others' lives. They share a connection that they have only 48 hours to explore together in New York.

Made In New York by Ana Newfolk is a short holiday story from the Made In series. We are introduced to Isaac and Max... the story is part of a series but can be read as a short stand alone tale of a hot and sexy hookup, with a non-HEA... for a chance to see one of those, you will have to read the book in the series entitled Made in
Jeff
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Solid Introduction. Isaac and Max meet by accident and emergency at a conference. Over the next 36 hours or so, they manage to connect and fall in love. But what happens next? Well, we're going to have to find out in the next (full length) book, as this short story was just meant to serve as our introduction to them and to allow them to rapidly fall in love at first sight. Which it did superbly. This book has a little bit of everything in its short length. Action (trapped in a fire!), drama (who ...more
Adèle Kelly
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Only a few pages in my heart strings were being played in all the best ways. A trip to the ice rink and an "I'll keep you safe" later, my heart was fully invested in Isaac and Max getting their happily ever after.
Do yourself a favor. Whip up or pick up some cookie dough and tuck into this sweet story. It has left me all smiles and full of feels.
Monika
I really loved this but it's left me hanging....at least until there is another book that is if there will be another book. This was so sweet and I'm madly in love with these guys! I mistakenly thought this author's second book Made in Portugal was a continuation of Isaac and Max's story but apparently not. I'm really disappointed by that. Isaac and Max deserve more.
Jenni McGinty
Meh

I wanted to like this short story. The story was in the point of view of both characters Max and Isaac. I felt no change in tone of any differences between the characters that if there were no names used it would sound as if it was all the same person. I was not impressed with the story... I just kept reading it because it was a short story and I had nothing better to do.
Faye Kennedy
Nope....pass. nurses are not doctors . I liked the books in the series.
mrs sarah frost
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Made In New York
Quick read where we meet Isaac & Max. A great brief look at a weekend affair with promise for more! Loveable characters. Off to read Made in Manhattan where the story continues.
Mrs.V
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved Max and Isaac.
The only thing I can say about this short is... MORE, please!
* runs off to read Made in Manhattan*
Deb Swietek
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you save a life is it yours for life?

This is an amazing book. So full of life. The characters are well thought out and intriguing, the setting is vibrant. It is fast paced, but doesn't skimp on the details. I was drawn in from the first pages. I loved this book!
This is Max and Isaac's story. Isaac is in New York for an LGBTQ conference. He is there to learn how to make his Center in Portugal better. After a fire has him thinking he'll never see his newborn neice, he passes out. Enter Max.
Ken Cook
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas time in Manhattan

A visiting LGBT activist gets trapped in a smoke filled room, to be rescued by a nurse. Whirlwind romance ensues, as the native shows the visitor his favorite things about New York. Passion (read heat) follows and off to the airport.

As a short story, the author has written a clever and entertaining romance. The characters are real, and she shows off the city in light, glorious strokes. The closing almost feels like a potential retelling of the O.Henry story. It feeds
Louise
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The chance meeting!

Max is a guest speaker at a LGBT centre, a fire broke out in a room and unfortunately the door where Isaac had gone to take a phone call in private locked. Max saved Isaac by smashing the door down. Max really like the look of the man from Portugal, so once released from the hospital he took Isaac on a mini tour of New York. Then Isaac had to go back home. Max was devastated.
tammy rufo
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute! Cute! Cure!

I def recommend this short but sweet Christmas story, I can't wait for the rest of Max and Issac's story.
Tatjana C
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
ught it killed me to wait until book 4 to find out what happens to them but the wait was so so worth it
Debbie
Nice easy read

Cute, short read. Bit of a cliff hanger though. First of this author I've read and would like to read more.
Tanz
Aug 21, 2019
Hey There Delilah!!
Feb 14, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• His Christmas Magic (Vale Valley Season Four #9)
  • Upside Down
  • Omega's Winter Nights (Vale Valley Season Four #7)
  • Yours For The Holiday
  • An Omega's Wish (Vale Valley Season Four #10)
  • Dreaming of an Omega Christmas (Vale Valley Season Four #5)
  • Made Marian Mixtape (Made Marian, #9)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Fake and Dandy (Dandies, Inc., #0.5)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Let Me Show You (True-Blue, #1)
  • I've Got You (True-Blue, #2)
  • Football Sundae
  • My Christmas Spirit
  • Any Given Lifetime
  • Trusting Fate (A Collection of Strays, #4)
  • Candy Hearts (So Over the Holidays, #2)
  • Wake Me Up Inside (Mates, #1)
Ana Newfolk was born in Portugal but has lived in the United Kingdom for so long, even her friends sometimes doubt if she really is Portuguese.

After getting hooked on reading gay romance, Ana decided to follow her lifelong dream of becoming an author.

These days you can find her in front of her laptop bringing her stories to life, or in the kitchen perfecting her recipe for the famous Portuguese

Made In (5 books)
  • Made in Portugal (Made In,  #2)
  • Made in Paris (Made In, #3)
  • Made in Manhattan (Made In, #4)
  • Made in Lisbon (Made In, #5)
“Fuck me sideways and hang me on a Christmas tree;” 0 likes