Start by marking “Piece of My Heart” as Want to Read:
Piece of My Heart

Piece of My Heart

(Under Suspicion #7)

In the latest thrilling collaboration from #1 New York Times bestselling author and “Queen of Suspense” Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke, television producer Laurie Moran must solve the kidnapping of her fiancée’s nephew—just days before her wedding.

Published November 17th 2020 by Simon Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Piece of My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Piece of My Heart

Start your review of Piece of My Heart
Javier
Nov 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review published in: https://diagnosisbookaholic.blogspot....

I've got a confession to make. Although once upon a time when I was young...er, Mary Higgins Clark was one of my favorite authors, the past few years I just kept reading her books out of some kind of nostalgic obligation (if that even makes sense). It might be the books themselves or the fact that now I'm an adult with lots of books read under my belt, but I don't think her last stories were up to par with her earlier titles. However,
Darla
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mary Higgins Clark, you finished well. Your decision to collaborate with Alafair Burke on the "Under Suspicion Series" has given us one more book as part of your legacy. Since I read 'Where Are the Children' I have been a faithful MHC fan. It is so sad to be reading her last work. With all her hallmark touches in place, it seems like she is not really gone. We have an extensive cast of characters, the short staccato chapters, the classic red herrings, and the satisfying finish. The cover is gorg ...more
MicheleReader
Nov 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laurie Moran is a television producer who is about to be married to Alex Buckley. It’s been a long road to happiness for Laurie whose husband and father of son Timmy was tragically murdered. As the happy couple celebrate Alex’s birthday in the Hamptons with family, only days away from their wedding, Alex’s seven-year-old nephew Johnny goes missing while playing on the beach. Told in a nine day period, the family, including Laurie’s father Leo Farley, a retired NYPD policeman, work frantically to ...more
Jennie
Dec 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is by one of my favorite authors, but was not as good as some of her books. There were so many characters in the story that it was hard to keep up with everyone. At first the reader does not know who the people are and how they relate to the story. The main characters were familiar and there was a happy ending, but it took awhile to muddle through the chapters.
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
Ah, MHC. Sad loss of a wonderful storyteller. I wonder if this delightful series will continue in her memory? Great, solid, twisty turny mystery in classic MHC style. RIP
Donna
Dec 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Laurie Moran, producer of a news-based reality television show that investigates cold cases, is marrying Judge Alex Buckley in 4 days. His sister's family is already there for the wedding, as is Laurie's father and her son Timmy. The unthinkable happens - Alex's nephew Johnny is kidnapped.

I've read every book in the Laurie Moran series. I like the concept of her show. The story moved slowly at first but became more complex and I was completely led down the wrong path.

This is Mary Higgins Clark'
☕Brenda☕
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fairly good suspense book.
Enough twists and turns to kind of keep my attention, but not the page turner, can't put it down type.
4⭐⭐⭐⭐
Kaye
The latest in the "Under Suspicion" series that MHC writes with Alafair Burke. I have read all the previous book in this series and it is my 40th MHC novel overall. It helps to have read the previous books in the series. The romance arc through the previous novels reaches a crescendo with the wedding of the lead character. The mystery can stand alone.

Laurie Moran, tv producer of a show that investigates cold cases is finally getting married to Federal Judge Alex Buxley. While gathering with fami
Shelley Lawrence
4.75-5 stars
I absolutely love the Under Suspicion series by Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke. The premise of a reality crime show where the hosts try to solve cold cases, or crimes where a person has been held under suspicion without resolving the crime, is fascinating and fairly original. A Piece of my Heart is yet another intriguing and also emotional addition to the series.

These are fast-paced, easy-to-read mysteries and I love the added aspect of the family dynamics and relationship dev
Susan Snodgrass
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Mary Higgins Clark for decades! I read her first book while I was a senior in high school. I have read that one more than once. I own all her books, which sit proudly on my shelves. When I heard earlier this year that she had died, I was just devastated. It’s so hard to think that there won’t be a new MHC book every year.

This series is co-written with Alafair Burke and I also own all of these. They work very well together. What I enjoy most about Clark’s work is that she gr
Jamie
Nov 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book more but it was slow for me and a little all over the place. It’s Mary Higgins Clark last book so I feel bad I didn’t like this more but I didn’t feel a connection with any characters or the story.
Jo
I still despise Laurie. But this book had some rational people and that was nice. And it may be the last in the series, which is sad. I will have to find something else to hate-read.

Also- again, why does she still have a job? No TV episode of her show was produced yet again. What even IS this show?
Irene
Nov 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Piece of My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark; Alafair Burke. The story didn't hold my interest as the previous books in this series. The back stories seemed to take over a good portion of the book and became repetitive. The mystery was secondary.

Thank you to the publisher, author, and NetGalley for the opportunity to preview the book.
Donna Hines
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The "Queen of Suspense" has done it again and this time it's with her freshly written -Piece of My Heart which captured the essence of what ever thriller should embody.
First and foremost we have juicy characters that's easy to love and or hate depending on your emotional appeal and very relatable in every sense.
Johnny the young man whose gone missing is really the heart of the show stopper here as everything else including the characters revolve around his MIA status.
Laurie and her fiancee Alex
Debbie
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Television producer Laurie Moran and fiance, Alex Buckley, are days away from their wedding when their seven year old nephew, Johnny, goes missing from a beach. A search party begins with no luck but the group begin to suspect foul play.
As the story goes on, a dark and twisted mystery unfolds as another plot is revealed. This was such a suspenseful mystery and while I did anticipate one part of the story, it still revealed some unexpected twists and turns.

I did not realise this was the 7th book
LC Lee
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read a book from Mary Higgins Clark in so long and I can't remember why I ever stopped. Read this book in two sittings which is not my typical reading habits. COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN.

highly recommended!!!
Jay DeMoir
Dec 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
MHC...you finished well, Queen. I really enjoyed this one. Finished it in 8 days
Leonor
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the second book that I read by MHC and I think her writing style is great. Both books were about missing children and you're trying to find out who took them and why. Fun! Not that missing children is fun, but you know what I mean. ...more
Cyndi
Dec 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I’ve read on this series. I decided to read it because I’ve enjoyed books both authors and was interested in reading the collaboration. I found the plot to be fast-paced and intriguing. Although this is number 7 in the series and there was a lot of backstory, it successfully works as a stand-alone too. I look forward to reading more by these two authors.

Many thanks to Edelweiss, Netgalley, Simon & Schuster, Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke for my complimentary e-copy
Sherry Horton
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laurie and her team race to find a boy who was kidnapped. Great instalment in this series.
Hannah (Hannah’s Library)
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
Such a thrilling story and a very satisfying ending to this series!

My full review can be found here.

Laurel-Rain
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Television producer Laurie Moran and her fiancée, Alex Buckley, the former host of her investigative television show, are just days away from their mid-summer wedding, when things take a dark turn. Alex’s seven-year-old nephew, Johnny, vanishes from the beach. A search party begins and witnesses recall Johnny playing in the water and collecting shells behind the beach shack, but no one remembers seeing him after the morning. As the sun sets, Johnny’s skim board washes up to shore, and everyone r ...more
Jeanette
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mary Higgins Clark passed away while finishing this book with Alafair Burke. I read it knowing there would be no more from her, and her last effort still showed she had the talent to keep her readers in suspense. Laurie Moran, the producer of a popular television show, "Under Suspicion," is about to be married to Alex Buckley. She, her son Timmy, and other family members gather for their wedding in the Hamptons. Seven-year-old Johnny, her fiance's nephew, is kidnapped during a beach outing. When ...more
Vickie
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Reading this book was bittersweet for me since MH Clark passed away. I enjoy the stories of Laurie Moran and her fiancé Alex as they seek the truth for the TV show, “Under Suspicion.” The case this time hits really close to home as Alex’s young nephew is kidnapped just before the wedding. The plot is tight and well-written, with the regular characters plus a few more on Alex’s side of the family. The female protagonist is strong and intuitive, making the book very enjoyable. I loved the book fro ...more
Bec
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Television presenter Laurie and her fiancé Alex are getting married and the whole family is with them ready to celebrate their union in just a few days. Happiness turns to tragedy when Alex’s nephew goes missing.

Johnny vanishes from the back and the alarm bells are go though the roof when the realise he’s been kidnapped. Family secrets come to light and the twists and turns keep you in suspense. Laurie uses her contacts to obtain information but is it enough to find Johnny before it’s too late?

T
Valerie
Dec 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I didn’t want the book to end knowing MHC would not be writing anymore books. I have enjoyed this series with Laurie Moran and the Under Suspicion show.

This was fast paced with short chapters. Focused more on Laurie’s soon to be brother-in-law and his family. More characters to keep straight than usual and more plot lines. It got a little confusing with all of the characters but I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Melissa
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
This suspense book got better and better as it went along. Apparently it is a part of series. I imagine that if I had read previous books I would have had more context related to the characters. I will likely go back and do so.
Judy Comeaux
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I’ve read all of her books and I’m sad to think that this is her last. I’m hoping that perhaps Clark had a couple of more written before her death last year. RIP and thanks for all the good time spent reading your work.
Kristin Danko
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A couple’s Hamptons wedding is called off when the groom-to-be’s young nephew vanishes from the beach. Part of the “Under Suspicion” series...
Sam Grant
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am so sad to turn the last page on Mary Higgins Clark's last book. I owe my love of the mystery genre to her and Agatha Christie.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 2 8 Nov 28, 2020 08:13AM

• Pretty Little Wife
  • The Silent Daughter
  • Leave the World Behind
  • Pretty Things
  • Honeysuckle Season
  • Majesty (American Royals, #2)
  • Deadly Cross (Alex Cross, #28)
  • NYPD Red 6 (NYPD Red, #6)
  • All That Glitters
  • The Girl from Widow Hills
  • Three Women Disappear
  • The Book of Lost Names
  • The Restaurant
  • The Talented Miss Farwell
  • Kisscut (Grant County, #2)
  • The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, #1)
  • Instant Karma
  • Spoiler Alert (Spoiler Alert #1)
The #1 New York Times bestselling author Mary Higgins Clark has written thirty-eight suspense novels, four collections of short stories, a his­torical novel, a memoir, and two children’s books. With bestselling author Alafair Burke she wrote the Under Suspicion series. With her daughter Carol Higgins Clark, she has coauthored five more suspense novels.

Clark’s books have sold more than 100 milli

Under Suspicion (7 books)
  • I've Got You Under My Skin (Under Suspicion, #1)
  • The Cinderella Murder (Under Suspicion, #2)
  • All Dressed in White (Under Suspicion, #3)
  • The Sleeping Beauty Killer (Under Suspicion, #4)
  • Every Breath You Take (Under Suspicion, #5)
  • You Don't Own Me (Under Suspicion, #6)