Start by marking “All This Time” as Want to Read:
All This Time

All This Time

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  5,510 ratings  ·  1,185 reviews
Kyle and Kimberly have been the perfect couple all through high school, but when Kimberly breaks up with him on the night of their graduation party, Kyle’s entire world upends—literally. Their car crashes and when he awakes, he has a brain injury. Kimberly is dead. And no one in his life could possibly understand.

Until Marley. Marley is suffering from her own loss, a loss
Published September 29th 2020 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about All This Time, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Ari H. I think it's her mom. She was working at the hospital and had to know what happened. Who knows, but I think it was combined. It was confusing I had to…moreI think it's her mom. She was working at the hospital and had to know what happened. Who knows, but I think it was combined. It was confusing I had to read it over again. (less)
Emily L. This is a YA books so like 14+? Google ratings, Barnes and Noble etc... all say 12 +.

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·
 ·  5,510 ratings  ·  1,185 reviews

Start your review of All This Time
Annie (Sad Water Bottle)
Mar 26, 2020 marked it as to-read
whoever designs these covers needs a raise immediately.
demi. ♡
Apr 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
The cover is just... WOW.
Ashley
Apr 08, 2020 marked it as to-read
How am I supposed to wait another six months for this!! So excited for this to come out and to hold another wonderful novel by Rachael Lippincott with such a beautiful cover 😭🥰
Lexi
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
Thank you sooooo much Goodreads and Simon Teen for providing an ARC for this book!
File this under books I have complicated feelings for.

TL:DR tropes:

- Mental illness
- Lost love and dealing with trauma
- YA Contemporary
- Friends to lovers
- Fluff

Kyle, a recently graduated high school student loses a lot in a short time. His football career due to an injury. He is broken up with by his lifelong girlfriend Kim. They get into a car accident and she doesn't make it. He is left with a traumatic brain i
Olivia (Stories For Coffee)
Dec 26, 2020 rated it did not like it
Like that one fish from that obscure Disney Channel show, Fish Hooks, once said, “Guuuuurrrllllllllllllllll...........”
hayden
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoyed Five Feet Apart
Because my old review for this was trash, we're just going to rewrite the whole review.
Kyle and Kimberly are the perfect high school couple. Quarterback and cheerleader. If that doesn't scream cliche I don't know what does. Then Kimberly decides she doesn't want to be with Kyle and breaks up with him on the night of their graduation party. To make matters worse, they get in a car accident right after she breaks the news. Kyle wakes up in a hospital only to find out that Kimberly is dead. He mee
Bookphenomena (Micky)
I’m sorry to say this story didn’t work for me on any level, so I’m going to keep my review short. I really enjoyed this author duo’s FIVE FEET APART, so I was eager to see another story from them. The cover is pretty and it felt like a style that fitted with their previous book.

This story takes the reader through death, loss, grief, healing, recovery and yet, does it really? From the first few pages, this story forced a seemingly emotional story on the reader. It felt too much, too soon. The pr
Soha Ashraf
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Before I start rambling about how amazing the story is, I would like to take a moment to appreciate the title and book cover of my new favorite book. The book cover instantly grabbed my attention the moment I laid my eyes on it. As it gave me all the Disney vibes which I am all up for.

As far as the book is concerned, I don’t have enough words to describe how breathtakingly beautiful it was. After reading the first line of the book I knew it won’t let me down.

The story starts with Kyle and Kimbe
Claude's Bookzone
Well I guess I might be in the minority for this one.

I won't say too much other than I just don't seem to be drawn into stories from these writers. I can't quite put my finger on it but I suspect it is a bunch of little things that collectively prevent me from getting invested in the characters or the story itself. I liked the first section and then my mind just slowly drifted away from this story and towards funny You Tube clips of cats. I was also watching my own kittens chase leaves outside
♡ gillian
Jun 27, 2020 marked it as to-read
THAT. COVER. THO.

Jillian
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The capability these two authors have to create such beautiful stories is out of this world.

I absolutely loved Five Feet Apart so I was incredibly excited to win this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

I loved every ounce of this story, the characters and the complete roller coaster of emotions that just happened for me. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5
beautyliterate
1/5 stars

I was looking forward to this having heard wonderful things about,Five Feet Apart. Unfortunately I found this wasn't for me. I did not find the characters enjoyable in anyway shape or form. I tried pushing through to see if I was going to get to a point where I loved it but it dragged for me. The twist itself honestly annoyed me and made it even harder for me to get invested into the story. It took me days to push through it and honestly I think this isn't worth the read.

Was sent an eAR
Kelly Gillan
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
the way i felt every emotion possible
Shivani Patel
Apr 07, 2020 marked it as to-read
THE COVER. THE TITLE. THE SYNOPSIS. I AM READY. I NEED THIS BOOK NOOWWW. SOMEONE PLEASEEE SEND ME AN ARC.
Emily
Celia McMahon
Aug 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Hi, ok so, I loved Five Feet Apart. I loved it so much I read it in one day. This book is not Five Feet Apart, and I don't think my head could wrap around that fact haha

Thank you, Edelweiss and Simon Teen for the e-arc.

This story centers around Kyle, who's involved in a tragic car accident and wakes up to his world unraveled. In the wake of tragedy, he meets a girl named Marley. Marley is going through her own grief and she and Kyle form a bond soon after. But wait. This story has a twist that m
Sophie_The_Jedi_Knight

THERE'S A NEW BOOK FROM THE CREATORS OF FIVE FEET APART THE COVER IS GORGEOUS

I'M READY TO CRY OVER FICTIONAL CHARACTERS AGAIN, LET'S GO
Mridu  aka Storypals
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
What the fish happened in the last 100 pages?

I mean before that it was a solid 4 star read!
Kristen
Maybe I'm the only person on Earth who hasn't read or seen "Five Feet Apart", so I wasn't on the Mikki Daughtry train before reading this book. But now I can understand the hype a little more.

YA Contemporary as a genre for me is usually hit or miss, mostly because it relies on too many tropes, which many young readers eat up. They don't know any better; most won't have read that many books to know how overdone some of them can be! But unfortunately for this age-ed reader, most of this book was u
All This Time is my first book by these authors. It is an emotional Young Adult contemporary romance.

The narrator is 18 year old Kyle (1st person POV).

Kyle, Sam (guy) and Kim are best friends. They are graduating high school and the night of their celebration something happens. The first chapter had so much happening. I'm honestly not sure if I have ever read a beginning of a book where more happened.

It is pretty unusual for me to read a YA book that only features the male POV. But it was an int
Vee
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wordpress Blog | Twitter | Pinterest

📗 All This Time just sent me on the biggest emotional rollercoaster ride this year, my emotions going from bored, to shocked, to flipping madly through the pages, attempting not to sob hysterically before suddenly sinking back to boredom again. In short, this first half of this book seems like your typical contemporary romance before dropping the biggest plot twist, but the ending just seemed a little over the top.

📕 I loved the way this book showed that some c
WeasleyNewtValdezDiAngelo
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who've read and enjoyed Five Feet Apart and people who enjoy roms.
Recommended to WeasleyNewtValdezDiAngelo by: Anna
4 not-so-bright stars

This cover. Just WOW.
This story. NOT WOW.

"'Okay', she says finally. 'Once upon a time-'
'Why do all stories start like that?' I ask. I don't want to break the spell, but the question is out before I can stop it.
She smiles. 'Not
all of them. Only the best ones.'"
which is why this book did not start with "Once upon a time."
The story is good. Confusing, but good. But after this heart breaking master piece, All this Time was disappointing.

THE CHARACTERS

KYLE- This guy
Natasha | readwithnatasha
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“i will always believe in fairy tales. i will always believe in true love. just try and stop me.”

i loved the first part of the book. i very quickly connected to kyle - i guess the fastest way to my heart is through pizza rolls.

then a twist came and like woah. so surprising, but also, it turned like major fairytale for me. everything was just too perfect. like, not in a bad way though?

i finished the fairytale and decided to read the author’s note and it 100% made the book for me. mikki talks abo
Laura - LaurasLibraryy
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2020-read
What a GORGEOUS book! Not only was I blown away yet again by the authors’ writing styles, but this story took me places. I cried and laughed multiple times while reading it, and once within about 2 minutes of each other. Would highly recommend this!! Would also be a good book to get out of a reading slump!!!!
Bailey the BookNerd
Jan 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
I loved this!! Great story and romance!

Kyle
Kyle was really sweet and very flawed, which made him relatable. His character did swear quite a bit though and that was definitely not needed. That was the only reason I knocked off a star:(

Kimberly
Kim was okay. Even if she did like Sam, she could have told Kyle, instead of making him realize it after she "died." She did renew herself by getting Marley the puppy, though.

Sam
Sam was a really great friend and I feel bad that he had to sit and watch his b
❀ Alex ❀ (The Scribe Owl)
This cover is adorable! I need to read the first one ASAP
Eileen
Sometimes you just have to read a YA story with all the usual tropes. I think this is one of those books that you should read without knowing what's going to happen, and also be willing to stick it out. Without revealing any spoilers, I started out being really annoyed by Kyle. As one of his friends said at least once, "It's not always about you." So yeah, I was really annoyed by him. Fortunately, he does slowly learn his lesson, but it takes many tries with a few false starts. But I loved the s ...more
Teresa
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 - 4.25 ish

I fairly enjoyed this book. I thought this book was a cute and sad story. My favorite parts of the book was the middle were Marley and Kyle was in love, and all that. And my other favorite part was the ending.

I am not to sure which book I like the best. Five feet apart or this book. I fairly enjoyed both books, I probably enjoyed the other book slightly more, but I like both books about / close to the same since I also gave five feet apart a 4 star.
Connie
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received an ebook copy of this book in exchange for my honest review via Netgalley, with thanks to them and the publisher. This fact has not impacted upon my review of the book.

This book took me on a whirlwind journey. It was a heartbreaking, picture-perfect, jaw-dropping brilliant journey about self-discovery and how powerful our brains can be. Kyle has just lost it all, his full ride to UCLA, his plan for the future but it's okay because he hasn't lost Kim. Kimberly, his girlfriend, his r
Lauren
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

I mean... wow. I wanted to read this because I enjoyed their previous novel, but I didn't know exactly what to expect or what I was getting myself into, but this was a powerful read.

Let me tell you, the writing in this book was amazing, it kept me on my toes nearly the entire time and I wasn't disappointed. From start to finish I was sucked into the story, and that's not

• The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure
  • Wilder Girls
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City #1)
  • Outwitting the Devil: The Secret to Freedom and Success
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
  • Field Notes on Love
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • It Only Happens in the Movies
  • The Lawrence Browne Affair (The Turners #2)
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
  • The Lord of Opium (Matteo Alacran, #2)
  • The Prettiest
  • That Night
  • Jane Austen: A Life
  • Abraham Lincoln
  • Saving Winslow
  • The Maid's Version
  • Blood Orange
Mikki Daughtry is from Atlanta, Georgia. She graduated from Brenau University, where she studied theatre arts. She is now a screenwriter living in Los Angeles.

Articles featuring this book

“Of course I cook," I say looking offended. "I'm a pizza rolls aficionado." (page 108)” 2 likes
“Other people. . . aren't really my thing." (page 164)” 1 likes