Start by marking “Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized #2)” as Want to Read:
Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized #2)

Slaying Monsters for the Feeble

(The Guild Codex: Demonized #2)

I'm bound to a demon.

For my entire life, I avoided magic at all costs. Now, I'm responsible for a demon who wields magic more powerful than the toughest mage or sorcerer.

Demons are evil.

That's what my textbooks say. That's what I see. He's ruthless, he's temperamental, he's cold. But he protects me without fail. I wonder if he's hiding a heart behind his hostility.
Published November 1st 2019 by Dark Owl Fantasy Inc. (first published October 31st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Slaying Monsters for the Feeble, please sign up.
Annette Marie There will be 4 books in this series! (Plus eight in the sister series The Guild Codex: Spellbound.)

Start your review of Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized #2)
Holly

It's official, I definitely prefer this series featuring Robin over the 'original' series featuring Tori. I hear that the two series start to overlap even more in future books so I will need to keep reading both in order to not miss anything about Robin. Not that I dislike Tori's series, it's just that I find her as a heroine to be kind of annoying. Ezra is definitely my jam though, so I'll keep reading it for him.

Back to this series and this installment - I enjoyed the developments in
Ashley
Star Rating: —> 5 [gleaming] STARS!!!

(Nov. 4th, 2019- ADDED MORE REVIEW BELOW! Take a look, if ya feel like lookin’ ☺️ thank youssss)

I’M FRICKIN FREAKING OUT RN!

[Here’s a blurb from my “review” of the next book in the series, Hunting Fiends for
the Ill-Equipped
to kind of express what I’m feeling:
My God. After Demonized #2... my heart beats about 150 bpm thinking about this. Actually, I’m dead. Or maybe like undead, or you know, whatever. I will be reborn probably for Spellbound #6: Druid Vices &
✶Rachelle✶
5 demony stars

This book...

Seriously though. I think I'm liking this series even more than The Guild Codex. I LOVE Robin, and her personality is so #relatable. But what I enjoy the most is the relationship between her and Zylas. They are both locked into the contract they made, and they are doing their best to make the most of it. Kind of like marriage.

Okay so this book starts off a few weeks after the end of the first book because Robin had the flu (if she had gotten her flu shot maybe she woul
mith
I've avoided writing a review for this book because it makes me sad. I liked it a lot and it makes me so SAD.

Slaying Monsters is lowkey compared to its sister series, but it's also so much more intense... at least it feels like that to me? Two books in and I'm so invested in Robin and Zylas' relationship--and not just in a romantic way, because I do ship them, but in every way.

Robin and Zylas are so complex. Both as a unit and as separate beings. Being in Robin's head means we see her in both da
Mara YA Mood Reader
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I slammed through this second installment so fast and then moved straight on to the third that I can’t even write a coherent review!

All I can say is this series is sooooooo good and totally needs more press! It’s a hidden gem!
Montzalee Wittmann
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Slaying Monsters for the Feeble
Guild Codex: Demonized, Book 2
By: Annette Marie
Narrated by: Cris Dukehart
Awesome follow-up! Not disappointed! Lots of magic, paranormal creatures, and demons! Characters are terrific, wonderful world building, witty, great plot, and I can't wait for the next book!
We learn more about our gal's demon besides he's hot! The relationship between the two is growing.
Wonderful narration performance!
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

This series is magical and I never want it to end! Please give me all the books pertaining to this series, I beg you! The world is so fascinating and well built. The characters are complex and some walk in a grey area that makes the story that much more interesting.

Robin has been withstanding everything that's been thrown at her up to this point and it's amazing she's still alive. I've never seen myself so much in a character like I do with Robin. She's a bookworm who no
~maheen~
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hate it. (view spoiler)

*sneers*

Kick ass for me Zylas will you?
Ian
This series is definitely closer to the McDonalds Drive-Thru end of the spectrum than a degustation experience that costs $500.
I love it. It's an entertaining romp that only occasionally missteps.
julia ☆ [owls reads]
#1 Taming Demons for Beginners: ★★★★☆

2 stars.

Apparently there’s this thing that happens with me and Annette Marie novels where I love the first installment of a new series and then think the sequel just doesn’t live up to it. That’s what happened with Slaying Monsters for the Feeble. The pace was fast and the narrative was okay, but the plot seemed a bit disconnected from the previous novel in a way that made it seem like Marie was adding stuff to it so as to drag the series out.

The characte
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
09/26/2020: Reread. (Audiobook.)
08/11/2020: Reread! (Read to my son, Maddox.)
07/19/2020: Reread!
(view spoiler)
Jewel
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jewel by: Di
Shelves: fantasy-h-to-m
Actual rating: 4.25 stars

My first thought after reading this was: "Wow, this was so much better than 'Taming Demons for Beginners'!"

One of the big reasons why I enjoyed "Slaying Monsters for the Feeble" more than the first book was because Robin was no longer frequently called stupid in an insulting way. Every time she was called stupid, she fought back. (Imagine me waving my pom-poms in a corner.) She had become tougher and more assertive. Of course I was happy to see the people around her fina
☕️Kimberly
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2020
Intense, fascinating and kickass, I once again lost sleep listening as Robin and her demon hunted for her missing book. But others want the book too and they’ve got a hoard of supercharged vampires helping them. The tale that unfolds is intense as these two try to figure each other out set things to right.

While it isn’t necessary to have listened to the Spellbound books, I have a feeling going forward the storylines may intertwine a little more. Consider yourself warned. But hey, I’ve been telli
Penny
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! This series has surpassed my adoration for Tori’s series, and I really love that one. Robin is growing in strength so much, and I love her interactions with Zylas. Is it wrong I think he’s hot, and she should become involved with him? Anyway, in this one, we find out more about Robin’s family, Zylas’ home/family, and we discover something new…which I can’t wait for the next book to see more about this new discovery! Oh, and I’m really wanting Robin and Tori to be friends; the end made me th ...more
Brandy
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars.

I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to rate this one. I found Robin to be entirely too annoying throughout most of the book. Then again I've always been prone to side with the monsters.

The ending was phenomenal, except for the Zora bit--that was eye rolling at best. I have a strong feeling I'll want to punch her in the next book. Repeatedly. In the throat.

So, basically what I enjoyed I really enjoyed and what I didn't like was incredibly annoying. So I settled on 3.5, rounding up becaus
Rhea_Sways
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This author can definitely build her characters and story while also providing the readers to potentially question their own morals. The plot moves smoothly with MCs that are believable and written to have good chemistry. Will continue to read from her.
AJ Cosgrove
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!

I don't even know what all to say. Robin and Zylas have the most complex, wonderful, intriguing relationship and I could read hundreds of books of their adventures and never get bored.
We continue with Robin, Amalia, and Zylas working to find her uncle and her lost grimoire, with plenty of added complications and plot twists throughout. If you have read Tori's spellbound series in the same world, this book is super fun because it builds on some other Crow & Hammer guildmembe
Hilda
“Hh’ainun instincts are stupid,” he added. “It is why you are all so easy to kill.” Ah, there was the insult. Somehow, I felt better. Zylas being patient and considerate was just weird.

We get more of Robin becoming the badass I knew she could be and of Zylas who is, well, Zylas. He’s a demon stuck with two girls and cat. I don’t think he knows how to handle them which is quite funny. I loved how Robin grew in this book and how Zylas tried to help his “smart prey” not die.

I was very frustrated a
Tracy D.
What is it with these Guild Codex books? They make my heart go crazy! This world is addictive! Is it weird that I am shipping a demon and his petite contractor? I'm hanging on Robin and Zylas' every interaction, and I'm loving it! Just want to pop some popcorn and enjoy the ride again! The huge story arc that will span across three epic series is starting to come together, and the mystery surrounding Ezra Rowe is getting deeper. I cannot wait for the next book!
SheLove2Read
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, best-of-2019
Phenomenal! I friggin' love this series! My heart was in my throat on almost every page. THIS is how you write urban fantasy.

Aargh! I cannot believe I have to wait until April to read more!!!

5 stars and a keeper shelf addition.
Magdalena Kaminska
I am in love with this series!! I need more...!❤️❤️❤️
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
I'm very surprised to be saying this, but I found this book way more boring than I usually find Annette Marie's book. In fact, I - gasp - skim read some of it.

I'm not actually sure what didn't work for me this time. By now, I'm accustomed to the fact that Robin is a bit of a doormat heroine; I'm also coming to grips with the fact that this will be the slowest burn romance in the HISTORY of slow-burn romances. But I don't know, I just found the action scenes not as gripping as they usually ar
Theresa
4.5 Stars... Robin and Zylas are learning to trust one another, though it is through one mistake after another... As these two fumble through their new found relationship, a new breed of vampire steps into this twisted game of hidden truths and deep secrets... Robin and Zylas must find a way to battle a new enemy, locate Robin's uncle and her family's grimoire, maintain their secret, and gain an understanding of one another's nature and trust each other's protection... A story filled with action ...more
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teamtowers2019
Sigh, so good. I love both Robin and Zylas. I do wish the guild knew the truth already and was okay with it, that makes me nervous, and sadly no Darius - but we got a deepening of the mystery, a kitten, some fond, bonding, some irritations, some magic, and I love Zora in general although her ultimatum at the end was annoying - hopefully that doesnt' cramp enjoyment of the next book. Very sad to report the next book isn't coming out until April 2020 according to the back of this book.
Snarktastic Sonja
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have the same problem with this one that I do with the main series - not enough movement in the over arching series plot. I continue to love Robin. I actually enjoy the relationship with Zylas and (while it is fairly obvious where it is going . . .) I can't wait to see how it progresses.

But, I need some answers. :)

(view spoiler)
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Guild Codex Demonized   series is a different aspect of the Guild Codex Spellbound world. I have read the Spellbound series. I would say you can read Demonized without Spellbound first but I wouldn't. I really prefer to read in order, yes,  but there is also background on the world, the guilds and some of
ȷαεlα
Sep 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Well, I loved book 1, but this didn’t impress me much. Actually, I don’t know what’s wrong, because the writing and the characters are the same entertaining ones, but there is something missing. I loved the story, I want to know the rest, but in terms of personal development, there’s no progress. When I say personal, I mean the spiritual and emotional development. Regarding magic and skills, there’s significant progress.
Although I know Zylas is a demon and everything human (especially emotions)
Darce

WITH THIS AUTHOR.
WITH THESE CHARACTERS.
WITH THIS SHIP.
WITH. ZYLAS.

ANNETTE MARIE PROVIDES 90% OF MY BOOK BOYFRIENDS AND I DON'T KNOW HOW.
Kira
Nov 04, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To summarize: "Be smarter, drādah."
----

It must be me, but it's just so contradictory to be so self righteous and expect the same of others when you yourself recognize you have almost nothing to contribute but "kindness" and "moral self righteousness." I have been constantly trying to stop myself from rolling my eyes halfway through this, but my brows are starting to twitch from the stress.

I appreciate that her character is so weak as a characteristic (I guess..), and I appreciate that her demon

• Magic Redeemed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #2)
  • Magic Forged (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #1)
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Fierce Heart (Elven Alliance #1)
  • The Uncommon Rider (The Exceptional S. Beaufont, #1)
  • Pack of Lies (The Potentate of Atlanta, #2)
  • Gilded Rose (Celestials, #1)
  • Rebels (Assassin's Academy, #1)
  • First Magic (Faerene Apocalypse #4)
  • Blood Trial (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #1)
  • Hidden Crown (The Gatekeeper's Trials #1)
  • Oath Sworn (Jacky Leon #1)
  • Family and Honor (Jacky Leon #2)
  • Mortal Trinity (Pirates of Felicity #7)
  • Demons (Darkblood Academy, #3)
  • Innocent Until Proven Fae (The Paranormal PI Files #5)
Annette Marie is the author of YA urban fantasy series Steel & Stone, its prequel trilogy Spell Weaver, romantic fantasy Red Winter, and sassy UF series The Guild Codex.

Her first love is fantasy, while fast-paced adventures and tantalizing forbidden romances are her guilty pleasures. She proudly admits she has a thing for dragons, and her editor has inquired as to whether she intends to include th

The Guild Codex: Demonized (4 books)
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #3)
  • Delivering Evil for Experts (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #4)

News & Interviews

“He loved the shower. I was pretty sure he’d save the shower before he’d save me, contract or no contract.” 5 likes
“I’d bet they hadn’t read a single book between them this year. No thanks.” 3 likes