Start by marking “Perfect Distraction” as Want to Read:
Perfect Distraction

Perfect Distraction

Lauren Taylor isn't thinking about love, especially not with the impossibly attractive man she accidentally spilled coffee all over. He's out of her league and she's focused on finishing her oncology pharmacy residency. She's sworn off men who are too handsome for their own good, anyway.

Andrew Bishop can't stop thinking about the gorgeous redhead who crashed into him and
Published March 23rd 2020 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Distraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Distraction

Start your review of Perfect Distraction
lazybookconqueror
This book is the Perfect Distraction to everything going on with the world right now. Absolutely heartwarming and wholesome, I had a constant grin on my face while reading it.

Lauren Taylor is doing her oncology pharmacy residency. First of all, I thought this was so original. I never read anything about this profession before and it was not only a great setting but it provided a lot of material to develop a deeper emotional side to this story.

On a day she's running late she bumps into Andrew
Peggy Jaeger
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm told this is a debut novel by this author - well, if that's true, I can guarantee she's going to have a long and prosperous career as a writer.
This story was so multileveled, emotionally and educationally, that I don't know where to start. Suffice it to say, this author know how to write emotion, educate about intense medical conditions, and elicit a wide range of emotions from the reader.

Oncology Pharmacist Lauren never thinks the big, handsome guy she just spilled hot coffee on in the
Anna Kaling
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
A cute contemporary romance with PUNS? All my dreams have come true. Andrew and Lauren are so cute together, and I was so invested in their HEA.

There was a cast of well-developed side characters (and I don't just mean Emma, wink wink) and the hero and heroine's feelings and reactions always felt authentic, not like they were doing things for plot purposes. They feel like real people, and it was like watching two of my friends fall in love and work things out.

Perfect Distraction made me laugh and
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: didi-reviews

Allison Ashley delivers the perfect blend of sweet, heartfelt, and emotion in Perfect Distraction. Two people have a bit of a meet cute then later meet under unusual circumstances. There is immediate attraction but a bit of an ethical dilemma.

It was easy to see that this author has knowledge of the medical field and cancer clinics which made this story believable. As a clinical pharmacist Lauren sees Andrew on his first day of chemo treatment and while she only sees him for one day, she
Belle
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
There are so many things I loved about this book I'll try not to write a paper about it, but no promises.

So I really loved the plot of this book, Lauren is a oncology pharmacist, do you know how refreshing it was for her not to be a doctor or nurse? Those professions are so over done in romance novels, so having something different already made me partial to this book. Andrew, honey there is no not loving Uncle Andy, he's just been diagnosed and is going through chemo. He's in law school and
Myria
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this sweet, little nugget of a book yesterday. Yall, I laughed and cried and laughed some more and then cried some more and felt all the gushy feels.

Its got a meet cute. Its got we need to stay professional, but I wanna rip your clothes off. It has puns. So. Many. Puns. Its really punny, guys. 😂 It has amazing family, wonderful friends, and real love.
💊
I definitely recommend Perfect Distraction ❤.
Maria
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent story with a different kind of wounded hero.
A lovely story dealing with a serious issue, Perfect Distraction, by Allison Ashley (Entangled: Amara), features a delicious, wounded yet balanced, hero and a confident, giving heroine.
The slow burn romance is sweet, the chemistry and sensuality sizzling, the main characters well fleshed out and relatable, the secondary characters vivid and
Cláudia
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I recieved an ARC through NetGalley, and as usual all thoughts and opinions are my own.

February is the month of contemporary, and what a perfect time it was to read this one. I didnt expect to love another cute romance story, but I did really liked our main characters and how the story unfolded, the characters are really well built and really interesting, and real, this is the most important part for me. When characters are able to react to something and it feel authentic and not forced.

There
Linda
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Couldnt believe that this is a debut author. The writing is impeccable and a totally wonderful story and characters. The story touches on quite a few social mores including harassment at work (Laurens co-worker who works his way thru all the female staff and cant handle that Lauren isnt interested), both Laurens and Andrews strained relationship with their respective fathers, and of course cancer and the impact it has on a relationship and life; both the patient and the caregivers. So much ...more
Donna Hines
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Cute, Quirky, and Fun!
When a relationship blossoms in the most unlikely of places -A Cancer Center- all blooms are eternal!
However, the plan was to finish the oncology pharmacy residency not fall head over heels in love with a handsome gentleman that just spilled his coffee all over you.
Girl-Come on Now!...
You know the good ones are always -taken-or too much trouble!
Surely, they can both just be friends. Friends and nothing more!
Do you hear me -Just friends...
Right.....
I love when romance is in
Tami
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Perfect Distraction by Allison Ashley comes out next week and is sooo good! It is set mostly in a chemo infusion center and is such a sweet story about choosing love and happiness. It was emotional and such a beautiful story.

Lauren clumsily meets a gorgeous man at a coffee shop, spilling her hot drink all over him. She goes on with her day and gets to her job as a pharamcy resident in a cancer ward and what do ya know... hot guy is a patient there, getting his first round of chemo. They can't
Elizabeth Neal
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lauren is focused on finishing school. (I love that she's an oncology pharmacy resident.) Maybe too much so as she's just spilled coffee on a stranger. Or it could be that he's so striking she got distracted. But it's okay, she's on a self-imposed embargo, done with attractive men. The best thing to do is make her getaway and force herself to forget about him.

Andrew can't do the same, though. She made quite an impression on him, one he can't let go of. Even if he has things going on that require
Living My Best Book Life
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Perfect Distraction is a gripping romance that gave me all the feels. I loved this book from start to finish.

The story follows Lauren Taylor and Andrew Bishop. Lauren is a resident oncology pharmacist who is solely focused on work. That is until she meets a handsome man at a coffee shop. He is absolutely gorgeous but hasn't always had good luck with "the good looking guys." Andrew is taken aback when he meets Lauren. She is beautiful and the total opposite of his ex-girlfriend.

They never
Kris Reads Romance
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I got an early sneak peek at this sweet gem of a story! Thank you to Allison Ashley for sharing an ARC with me!
We start out with a semi-mortifying meetcute involving a rushed morning and a cup of coffee, and I mean, relatable, right?
Although theres instant attraction and a smidge of forbidden romance, theres a slow burn feel to Lauren & Andrews story.
Can I just say that I love that she is an oncology pharmacist? The doctor or nurse thing can be overdone in novels, but the fact that our
Justine
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Firstly, I would like to thank author Allison Ashley, Entangled Publishing, and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC of this book.

This book was so, so sweet. It grabbed my heart from the very beginning and held it the whole way through.

You will find yourself following a young couple, Andrew and Lauren, who start a very fragile and delicate relationship. I can tell you right now, I was rooting for them so hard. 😂 This story really touched upon so many aspects that I have experienced in my
Rachel
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ⭐

Lauren cant believe shes met the most beautiful man shes ever laid eyes on at the coffee shop on her way to work. Shes a pharmacy resident with a passion for oncology, and the patient she is set to council on chemotherapy happens to be the guy she saw at the coffee shop. Andrew. Attraction? Yes. Distraction? Maybe. But, how about fate? Love?

What a down to earth, realistic, and just all-around heartfelt debut novel! It picked up on the challenges of cancer, all the empathy, risk, worries,
Shari Nagy
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A full 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 five stars to this amazing debut novel! The story begins with a meet cute at a local coffee shop. Lauren spills coffee on the hot man, Andrew. Little do they know, theyll be meeting again shortly.
Lauren works as an oncologist pharmacist at the local hospital. Andrew was recently diagnosed with lymphoma. He was there for his first meeting with the doctor. Youll never guess who the pharmacist is that explains all of the drugs to him? Its Lauren!
Andrew and Lauren have a special
Come_read_with_me_
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved this book. This has to be the most sweetest, vunerable and real book I have ever read! Genuinely I laughed and "ugly'' cried throughout. The pace is perfect and a real page turner.

Lauren works in a Cancer Center, the last person she thought would be her next patient would be the handsome stranger she literally bumps into at the coffee shop that morning. During their "pun wars" and banter they become friends. Will a relationship work when their careers get in their way?

I can't
Rochelle
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good read. Lauren and Andrew were such a great couple together. They first met when she ran into him at a coffee shop and then again when she went to work at the Cancer Center and she found out he was there for treatment. This is a slow burn romance that will have you falling in love as the characters to. Great storyline. Cant wait to read more from this author.

I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Torrie Tovar
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰

I. Cannot.

This book you guys! I read it in a day and it is 400 pages. It usually takes me 3 days to read a book that is 300 and something pages. And romance isn't even my favorite genre.

This book though, had me from the beginning, the characters were so likable and funny! They were all relatable. I for real could not stop reading! I cried and I laughed SO hard. This is an amazing book. It is out March 23rd Y'all should just go ahead and pre-order it, you will not regret it!
Mirtha
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Distraction by Allison Ashley

I. AM. IN. LOVE. With this book!!!!!
Seriously one of my ULTIMATE favorite stories!
EPIC ROMANCE! LOVEL LOVED LOVED every beautiful detail. MUST READ BOOK of 2020

To say that I loved Perfect Distraction is a understatement.

"Lauren isn't thinking about love, especially not with the impossibly attractive man she accidentally spilled coffee all over and Andrew Bishop certainly is not thinking about the gorgeous redhead that spilled said coffee all over his
Lauren
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lauren Taylor is focused on getting her career started while finishing the last few months of her pharmacy residency. After being crushed by her college boyfriend, she's not interested in devastatingly handsome men. Which is unfortunate since she just literally bumped into the hottest guy she's seen in a while and accidentally spilled her coffee down the front of him. Andrew Bishop was already prepared for a rough day going into the oncology center and starting his battle on Hodgkin Lymphoma. ...more
Sara Oxton
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Distraction by Allison Ashley a five-star read that will leave you perfectly distracted. This is my first read from this author, but I will be looking for more as the puns make it all worth it. I love a good pun, and this was inspiring, its not the only fantabulous aspect to this story though, as the romance is top notch and the meet cute delightful as its not as perfect as it could be, its real. The main subject of this story isnt an easy one for most and I will be honest right now it ...more
Susanne
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2020
Thank you to Entangled Publishing and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This was a quick and sweet read - romance in an unusual setting, and with some real adversity to deal with. Romance is not my usual cup of tea, but the medical angle interested me and I thought it was well done. When you don't know if one of your main characters is going to live much beyond the treatment they need to have, to survive... and yet this was done without pathos, and with characters that both
Rukhsar (rukhimonster)
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was certainly an unexpected surprise.

Puns, romance, and illness while in school. There was no way I wasn't going to read this!

What a wonderful debut by Allison Ashley. A great tale with the perfect mix of emotions and as promised, a happy ending.

Looking forward to what Ashley writes next!

Thank you Netgalley and Entangled Publishing for the ARC to this wonderful read!
Abigail Stanford
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely punderful! 😁
Kat Turner
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, arc
Perfect Distraction is a beautiful book about two people fighting for their relationship through heart-wrenching and difficult circumstances. There are laughs, there are tears, there is fierce love and support in the face of tough obstacles and the seeds of doubt they plant. This story testifies to the transformative magic of romance.

Lauren and Andrew are fighters, both separately and as a couple, and it is this fighting spirit and indefatigable drive that makes them so dang wonderful to root
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was a sweet romantic story of Lauren and Andrew who meet for a moment and connect. They then meet again at Andrew's cancer treatment where Lauren is interning as a pharmacist. Though their relationship starts in a strange way, their connection is strong and the story is a delight to read. I enjoyed both characters and the levels of stress and strain the author painted in their relationship felt very real. Overall, this is a sweet story and I will look for more by this author! Thank you ...more
Elizabeth Newman
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sooo I cried a lot. I may have been a little hormonal, but I think it is more to the credit of the author. I found myself invested in Lauren and Andy's story from the very first line; and the healthcare aspect of the story intensified that bond for me further.

There was a lot of love in this book. Not just romance love but relationship love between friends, patients and staff (Mandi was my fav), and family. I enjoyed the quirky puns, the coffee, and the scenery.

It was an emotional but enjoyable
Nicole Pinto
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to netgalley for this wonderful ARC. Lauren is an oncologist pharmacist who meets Andrew. I wont say anything about the plot but this a deep love story that is a very sweet romance. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Not According to Plan
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • The New Guy
  • Matzah Ball Surprise
  • The Anti-Honeymoon
  • Reborn Yesterday (Phenomenal Fate, #1)
  • Ruling the Princess
  • The Two-Date Rule (Smokejumper, #1)
  • Cowboy for Hire (Wishing River, #2)
  • Can't Hurry Love (Sunshine Valley #1)
  • What You Wish For
  • I Hate You, Fuller James
  • Coffee Girl
  • Dear Emmie Blue
  • Wrong Bed, Right Man
  • Wild at Heart (Wild, #2)
  • Never Saw You Coming
  • Edgedancer (The Stormlight Archive, #2.5)
Allison Ashley is a music-loving, coffee-drinking mom of two who loves love stories. She's an oncology pharmacist and spends her days focused on helping patients through the hardest thing life can throw at them. Her escape has always been booksspecifically reading books about happiness, love, and laughterand it was inevitable that she'd eventually write her own. She promises to always write ...more