Start by marking “Perfect Distraction” as Want to Read:
Perfect Distraction

Perfect Distraction

Lauren Taylor isn't thinking about love, especially not with the impossibly attractive man she accidentally spilled coffee all over. He's out of her league and she's focused on finishing her oncology pharmacy residency. She's sworn off men who are too handsome for their own good, anyway.

Published March 23rd 2020 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Distraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Distraction

Start your review of Perfect Distraction
lazybookconqueror
This book is the Perfect Distraction to everything going on with the world right now. Absolutely heartwarming and wholesome, I had a constant grin on my face while reading it.

Lauren Taylor is doing her oncology pharmacy residency. First of all, I thought this was so original. I never read anything about this profession before and it was not only a great setting but it provided a lot of material to develop a deeper emotional side to this story.

On a day she's running late she bumps into Andrew
Peggy Jaeger
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm told this is a debut novel by this author - well, if that's true, I can guarantee she's going to have a long and prosperous career as a writer.
This story was so multileveled, emotionally and educationally, that I don't know where to start. Suffice it to say, this author know how to write emotion, educate about intense medical conditions, and elicit a wide range of emotions from the reader.

Oncology Pharmacist Lauren never thinks the big, handsome guy she just spilled hot coffee on in the
Anna Kaling
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
A cute contemporary romance with PUNS? All my dreams have come true. Andrew and Lauren are so cute together, and I was so invested in their HEA.

There was a cast of well-developed side characters (and I don't just mean Emma, wink wink) and the hero and heroine's feelings and reactions always felt authentic, not like they were doing things for plot purposes. They feel like real people, and it was like watching two of my friends fall in love and work things out.

Perfect Distraction made me laugh and
Belle
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
There are so many things I loved about this book I'll try not to write a paper about it, but no promises.

So I really loved the plot of this book, Lauren is a oncology pharmacist, do you know how refreshing it was for her not to be a doctor or nurse? Those professions are so over done in romance novels, so having something different already made me partial to this book. Andrew, honey there is no not loving Uncle Andy, he's just been diagnosed and is going through chemo. He's in law school and
Cláudia
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I recieved an ARC through NetGalley, and as usual all thoughts and opinions are my own.

February is the month of contemporary, and what a perfect time it was to read this one. I didnt expect to love another cute romance story, but I did really liked our main characters and how the story unfolded, the characters are really well built and really interesting, and real, this is the most important part for me. When characters are able to react to something and it feel authentic and not forced.

There
Myria
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this sweet, little nugget of a book yesterday. Yall, I laughed and cried and laughed some more and then cried some more and felt all the gushy feels.

Its got a meet cute. Its got we need to stay professional, but I wanna rip your clothes off. It has puns. So. Many. Puns. Its really punny, guys. 😂 It has amazing family, wonderful friends, and real love.
💊
I definitely recommend Perfect Distraction ❤.
Linda
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Couldnt believe that this is a debut author. The writing is impeccable and a totally wonderful story and characters. The story touches on quite a few social mores including harassment at work (Laurens co-worker who works his way thru all the female staff and cant handle that Lauren isnt interested), both Laurens and Andrews strained relationship with their respective fathers, and of course cancer and the impact it has on a relationship and life; both the patient and the caregivers. So much ...more
Kris Reads Romance
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I got an early sneak peek at this sweet gem of a story! Thank you to Allison Ashley for sharing an ARC with me!
We start out with a semi-mortifying meetcute involving a rushed morning and a cup of coffee, and I mean, relatable, right?
Although theres instant attraction and a smidge of forbidden romance, theres a slow burn feel to Lauren & Andrews story.
Can I just say that I love that she is an oncology pharmacist? The doctor or nurse thing can be overdone in novels, but the fact that our
Maria
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent story with a different kind of wounded hero.
A lovely story dealing with a serious issue, Perfect Distraction, by Allison Ashley (Entangled: Amara), features a delicious, wounded yet balanced, hero and a confident, giving heroine.
The slow burn romance is sweet, the chemistry and sensuality sizzling, the main characters well fleshed out and relatable, the secondary characters vivid and
Donna Hines
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Cute, Quirky, and Fun!
When a relationship blossoms in the most unlikely of places -A Cancer Center- all blooms are eternal!
However, the plan was to finish the oncology pharmacy residency not fall head over heels in love with a handsome gentleman that just spilled his coffee all over you.
Girl-Come on Now!...
You know the good ones are always -taken-or too much trouble!
Surely, they can both just be friends. Friends and nothing more!
Do you hear me -Just friends...
Right.....
I love when romance is in
Tami
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Perfect Distraction by Allison Ashley comes out next week and is sooo good! It is set mostly in a chemo infusion center and is such a sweet story about choosing love and happiness. It was emotional and such a beautiful story.

Lauren clumsily meets a gorgeous man at a coffee shop, spilling her hot drink all over him. She goes on with her day and gets to her job as a pharamcy resident in a cancer ward and what do ya know... hot guy is a patient there, getting his first round of chemo. They can't
Torrie Tovar
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰

I. Cannot.

This book you guys! I read it in a day and it is 400 pages. It usually takes me 3 days to read a book that is 300 and something pages. And romance isn't even my favorite genre.

This book though, had me from the beginning, the characters were so likable and funny! They were all relatable. I for real could not stop reading! I cried and I laughed SO hard. This is an amazing book. It is out March 23rd Y'all should just go ahead and pre-order it, you will not regret it!
Kat Turner
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, arc
Perfect Distraction is a beautiful book about two people fighting for their relationship through heart-wrenching and difficult circumstances. There are laughs, there are tears, there is fierce love and support in the face of tough obstacles and the seeds of doubt they plant. This story testifies to the transformative magic of romance.

Lauren and Andrew are fighters, both separately and as a couple, and it is this fighting spirit and indefatigable drive that makes them so dang wonderful to root
Samantha Verant
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This beautiful book swept me away. Funny, romantic, and hot (but clean!) despite the serious subject of cancer. I fell in love with both Lauren and Andrew, both characters developed in such a way I felt like I knew them and could relate to their journeys. When the book ended, I cried-- tears of happiness, and also because I wanted to read more. Alas, I'll just have to wait for this up and coming author's next book...

Olive this story. It was egg-cellent! (puns intended)

Disclaimer: I received an
Sara Oxton
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Distraction by Allison Ashley a five-star read that will leave you perfectly distracted. This is my first read from this author, but I will be looking for more as the puns make it all worth it. I love a good pun, and this was inspiring, its not the only fantabulous aspect to this story though, as the romance is top notch and the meet cute delightful as its not as perfect as it could be, its real. The main subject of this story isnt an easy one for most and I will be honest right now it ...more
Come_read_with_me_
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved this book. This has to be the most sweetest, vunerable and real book I have ever read! Genuinely I laughed and "ugly'' cried throughout. The pace is perfect and a real page turner.

Lauren works in a Cancer Center, the last person she thought would be her next patient would be the handsome stranger she literally bumps into at the coffee shop that morning. During their "pun wars" and banter they become friends. Will a relationship work when their careers get in their way?

I can't
Lauren
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lauren Taylor is focused on getting her career started while finishing the last few months of her pharmacy residency. After being crushed by her college boyfriend, she's not interested in devastatingly handsome men. Which is unfortunate since she just literally bumped into the hottest guy she's seen in a while and accidentally spilled her coffee down the front of him. Andrew Bishop was already prepared for a rough day going into the oncology center and starting his battle on Hodgkin Lymphoma. ...more
Mirtha
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Distraction by Allison Ashley

I. AM. IN. LOVE. With this book!!!!!
Seriously one of my ULTIMATE favorite stories!
EPIC ROMANCE! LOVEL LOVED LOVED every beautiful detail. MUST READ BOOK of 2020

To say that I loved Perfect Distraction is a understatement.

"Lauren isn't thinking about love, especially not with the impossibly attractive man she accidentally spilled coffee all over and Andrew Bishop certainly is not thinking about the gorgeous redhead that spilled said coffee all over his
Alicia
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet, emotional read!
Here's the blurb:

Andrew Bishop can't stop thinking about the gorgeous redhead who crashed into him and then disappeared, even though he should have way more on his mind - like dealing with
Diane McConnell
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Romance with a tissue!

Lauren Taylor was in her final year of her oncology pharmacy residency when she ran into the cutest guy in Kansas City at the local coffee shop spilling her cup of coffee on him on her way to work at the hospital. She was surprised he was one of her patients that she was giving information about his treatment for cancer.

Andrew Bishop was in his third and final year of law school when he was diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma and the treatment would be difficult but meeting
Susanne
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2020
Thank you to Entangled Publishing and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This was a quick and sweet read - romance in an unusual setting, and with some real adversity to deal with. Romance is not my usual cup of tea, but the medical angle interested me and I thought it was well done. When you don't know if one of your main characters is going to live much beyond the treatment they need to have, to survive... and yet this was done without pathos, and with characters that both
Naomi
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive this ARC through the BookShark program and Im SO happy I got it. This came at the perfect time for me to take a break (or, a good distraction - get it?) from my usual thrillers as I was really looking for something lighthearted and fluffy to lift my mood.

Lauren has had bad luck with men in the past and she definitely wants to avoid the gorgeous specimen of a man who she ran into (literally) at the coffee shop. All 10/10 men are out of her league or major assholes -
Rukhsar (rukhimonster)
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was certainly an unexpected surprise.

Puns, romance, and illness while in school. There was no way I wasn't going to read this!

What a wonderful debut by Allison Ashley. A great tale with the perfect mix of emotions and as promised, a happy ending.

Looking forward to what Ashley writes next!

Thank you Netgalley and Entangled Publishing for the ARC to this wonderful read!
Denise
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read several early drafts of this book in addition to the final version and it's been a heartfelt, laugh-out-loud story every single time. Lauren is vulnerable and endearing and Andrew is sweet and real. Their chemistry jumps off the page. Allison Ashley is an incredible weaver of moments, combining threads of character, story, and setting to form a deeply relatable tapestry. I found myself ugly crying at certain points where the dialogue and emotion hit me square in the chest. At other ...more
Abigail Stanford
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely punderful! 😁
Alyson Goodman
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great debut book by Allison Ashley! Perfect Distraction is a sweet romance and you cant help but root for Lauren and Andrew, not just to be together, but for Andrew through his battle with cancer and for Lauren to land her dream job. I love that Ashley didnt sugarcoat the struggles the characters face, which made this story so much more authentic. Im looking forward to reading more from Ashley in the future!

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for a digital arc.
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was a sweet romantic story of Lauren and Andrew who meet for a moment and connect. They then meet again at Andrew's cancer treatment where Lauren is interning as a pharmacist. Though their relationship starts in a strange way, their connection is strong and the story is a delight to read. I enjoyed both characters and the levels of stress and strain the author painted in their relationship felt very real. Overall, this is a sweet story and I will look for more by this author! Thank you ...more
Elizabeth Newman
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sooo I cried a lot. I may have been a little hormonal, but I think it is more to the credit of the author. I found myself invested in Lauren and Andy's story from the very first line; and the healthcare aspect of the story intensified that bond for me further.

There was a lot of love in this book. Not just romance love but relationship love between friends, patients and staff (Mandi was my fav), and family. I enjoyed the quirky puns, the coffee, and the scenery.

It was an emotional but enjoyable
Jeanne
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Distraction was a perfect distraction. I loved the heart-wrenching story of Lauren and Andrew. Ashley's background as a oncology pharmacist was evident in the realism of both Andrew's cancer and Lauren's career.

Lauren is in an iffy place dating Andrew who was briefly a client but is no longer her patient. And it doesn't get more iffy than dating a cancer patient. She's so great with Andrew and their love story is so genuine that it's a risk she keeps choosing to continue against her
Nicole Pinto
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to netgalley for this wonderful ARC. Lauren is an oncologist pharmacist who meets Andrew. I wont say anything about the plot but this a deep love story that is a very sweet romance. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Honey-Don't List
  • I Hate You, Fuller James
  • Yours in Scandal (Man of the Year, #1)
  • The Two-Date Rule (Smokejumper, #1)
  • Wrong Bed, Right Man
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • The Moonglow Sisters
  • That's Not a Thing
  • Kind of Famous
  • Edgedancer (The Stormlight Archive, #2.5)
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Etched in Stone (Invested in You Book 1)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • The New Guy
  • The Dating Charade
  • Not OK, Cupid
  • Formula for a Perfect Life
Allison Ashley is a music-loving, coffee-drinking mom of two who loves love stories. She's an oncology pharmacist and spends her days focused on helping patients through the hardest thing life can throw at them. Her escape has always been booksspecifically reading books about happiness, love, and laughterand it was inevitable that she'd eventually write her own. She promises to always write ...more

News & Interviews

“You had me at William Shatner.” 0 likes
“If all you are is a distraction, I hope you'll be that for the rest of my life.” 0 likes