Start by marking “Perfect Distraction” as Want to Read:
Perfect Distraction

Perfect Distraction

Lauren Taylor isn't thinking about love, especially not with the impossibly attractive man she accidentally spilled coffee all over. He's out of her league and she's focused on finishing her oncology pharmacy residency. She's sworn off men who are too handsome for their own good, anyway.

Andrew Bishop can't stop thinking about the gorgeous redhead who crashed into him and t
Published March 23rd 2020 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Distraction, please sign up.
Allison Ashley
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Perfect Distraction
lazybookconqueror
This book is the Perfect Distraction to everything going on with the world right now. Absolutely heartwarming and wholesome, I had a constant grin on my face while reading it.

Lauren Taylor is doing her oncology pharmacy residency. First of all, I thought this was so original. I never read anything about this profession before and it was not only a great setting but it provided a lot of material to develop a deeper emotional side to this story.

On a day she's running late she bumps into Andrew Bis
Anne OK
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads
“We be-lung together.”

A new-to-me author with a big-hearted story.

Allison Ashley skillfully builds a gripping emotional arc that goes along with a harsh dose of reality, while capturing the excitement, fun and joy of new love. I was mesmerized by the bantering dialogue between Andrew and Lauren as they got to know each other.

Fun-pun word battles between the two lead to sparkling wit and an added dose of delightful sweetness and adorableness. The chemistry between these two is undeniably sizzli
Peggy Jaeger
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm told this is a debut novel by this author - well, if that's true, I can guarantee she's going to have a long and prosperous career as a writer.
This story was so multileveled, emotionally and educationally, that I don't know where to start. Suffice it to say, this author know how to write emotion, educate about intense medical conditions, and elicit a wide range of emotions from the reader.

Oncology Pharmacist Lauren never thinks the big, handsome guy she just spilled hot coffee on in the coff
Anna Kaling
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
A cute contemporary romance with PUNS? All my dreams have come true. Andrew and Lauren are so cute together, and I was so invested in their HEA.

There was a cast of well-developed side characters (and I don't just mean Emma, wink wink) and the hero and heroine's feelings and reactions always felt authentic, not like they were doing things for plot purposes. They feel like real people, and it was like watching two of my friends fall in love and work things out.

Perfect Distraction made me laugh and
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: didi-reviews

Allison Ashley delivers the perfect blend of sweet, heartfelt, and emotion in Perfect Distraction. Two people have a bit of a “meet cute” then later meet under unusual circumstances. There is immediate attraction but a bit of an ethical dilemma.

It was easy to see that this author has knowledge of the medical field and cancer clinics which made this story believable. As a clinical pharmacist Lauren sees Andrew on his first day of chemo treatment and while she only sees him for one day, s
Myria
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this sweet, little nugget of a book yesterday. Y’all, I laughed and cried and laughed some more and then cried some more and felt all the gushy feels.
🩺
It’s got a meet cute. It’s got “we need to stay professional, but I wanna rip your clothes off.” It has puns. So. Many. Puns. It’s really punny, guys. 😂 It has amazing family, wonderful friends, and real love.
💊
I definitely recommend Perfect Distraction ❤️.
E-Reader Addict
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!

Perfect Distraction is the perfect example of how to write a sweet, touching, heartwarming romance story - goes to show you don’t need all kinds of steamy in order for a book to be all kinds of swoony.

Andrew Bishop meets Lauren Taylor at the beginning of his treatment for cancer. He’s immediately smitten, but because she’s initially part of his treatment team as an oncology pharmacist, Lauren is hesitant to get involved with him. But Andrew is determined to have her in his life, ev
Belle
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, kindle, 2020-reads
There are so many things I loved about this book I'll try not to write a paper about it, but no promises.

So I really loved the plot of this book, Lauren is a oncology pharmacist, do you know how refreshing it was for her not to be a doctor or nurse? Those professions are so over done in romance novels, so having something different already made me partial to this book. Andrew, honey there is no not loving Uncle Andy, he's just been diagnosed and is going through chemo. He's in law school and ha
Maria
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent story with a different kind of wounded hero.
A lovely story dealing with a serious issue, “Perfect Distraction”, by Allison Ashley (Entangled: Amara), features a delicious, wounded yet balanced, hero and a confident, giving heroine.
The slow burn romance is sweet, the chemistry and sensuality sizzling, the main characters well fleshed out and relatable, the secondary characters vivid and o
Cláudia
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I recieved an ARC through NetGalley, and as usual all thoughts and opinions are my own.

February is the month of contemporary, and what a perfect time it was to read this one. I didn’t expect to love another cute romance story, but I did really liked our main characters and how the story unfolded, the characters are really well built and really interesting, and real, this is the most important part for me. When characters are able to react to something and it feel authentic and not forced.

There w
Christine
Apr 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
Let me preface this by saying as a clinical pharmacist who works with oncology patients AND a Hodgkin’s Lymphoma survivor, I wanted to love this book.

But it was just too unrealistic to me. The whole relationship between the main characters seemed forced and repetitive. Maybe I was just expecting the book to reflect more really life experiences, but it just missed the mark completely for me.
RateTheRomance
Oh, my heart! ♥️ I am feeling ALL THE FEELINGS.

My 5yo daughter has Leukemia so I was interested in the premise of this romance in which the Hero (Andrew) has cancer and the heroine works in oncology as a pharmacist. I wasn't sure what to expect. Would it manage to be realistic without being a total downer to read? Would the author really capture cancer life accurately? What it be a good romance aside from my tie to cancer?

Yes. Yes. And YES. Gah! This book was so good.

First things first. As to th
Megan
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I actually flip flopped between 3 & 4. Honestly there was a lot in this book that made me roll my eyes! But I must also acknowledge that it brought me out of a reading slump.
It was surprisingly light and sweet considering the subject manner!

I found a lot of stuff was over explained, like actions. I don't think we need a full explanation of how someone maneuvered their hands in order to do something... Unless of course they have very unique methods!

The puns were fun and the romance was beautiful
Elizabeth Neal
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lauren is focused on finishing school. (I love that she's an oncology pharmacy resident.) Maybe too much so as she's just spilled coffee on a stranger. Or it could be that he's so striking she got distracted. But it's okay, she's on a self-imposed embargo, done with attractive men. The best thing to do is make her getaway and force herself to forget about him.

Andrew can't do the same, though. She made quite an impression on him, one he can't let go of. Even if he has things going on that require
Linda
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Couldn’t believe that this is a debut author. The writing is impeccable and a totally wonderful story and characters. The story touches on quite a few social mores including harassment at work (Lauren’s co-worker who works his way thru all the female staff and can’t handle that Lauren isn’t interested), both Lauren’s and Andrew’s strained relationship with their respective fathers, and of course cancer and the impact it has on a relationship and life; both the patient and the caregivers. So ...more
Donna Hines
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc
Cute, Quirky, and Fun!
When a relationship blossoms in the most unlikely of places -A Cancer Center- all blooms are eternal!
However, the plan was to finish the oncology pharmacy residency not fall head over heels in love with a handsome gentleman that just spilled his coffee all over you.
Girl-Come on Now!...
You know the good ones are always -taken-or too much trouble!
Surely, they can both just be friends. Friends and nothing more!
Do you hear me -Just friends...
Right.....
I love when romance is in
Tami
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Perfect Distraction by Allison Ashley comes out next week and is sooo good! It is set mostly in a chemo infusion center and is such a sweet story about choosing love and happiness. It was emotional and such a beautiful story.

Lauren clumsily meets a gorgeous man at a coffee shop, spilling her hot drink all over him. She goes on with her day and gets to her job as a pharamcy resident in a cancer ward and what do ya know... hot guy is a patient there, getting his first round of chemo. They can't h
Rachel
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must read! Would definitely recommend! Loved the characters and the plot!
Sara Oxton
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Distraction by Allison Ashley a five-star read that will leave you perfectly distracted. This is my first read from this author, but I will be looking for more as the puns make it all worth it. I love a good pun, and this was inspiring, its not the only fantabulous aspect to this story though, as the romance is top notch and the meet cute delightful as its not as perfect as it could be, its real. The main subject of this story isn’t an easy one for most and I will be honest right now it ...more
Samantha Verant
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This beautiful book swept me away. Funny, romantic, and hot (but clean!)–– despite the serious subject of cancer. I fell in love with both Lauren and Andrew, both characters developed in such a way I felt like I knew them and could relate to their journeys. When the book ended, I cried-- tears of happiness, and also because I wanted to read more. Alas, I'll just have to wait for this up and coming author's next book...

Olive this story. It was egg-cellent! (puns intended)

Disclaimer: I received an
Celeste
Apr 05, 2020 rated it liked it
It was short. It was sweet.

A little too sweet and cheeseball in the second half. I enjoyed the first half much more.

The characters were a little too cookie-cutter and lacked relatable flaws. But it was a cute little read if a little too forgettable.

2.5 stars.
Kris Reads Romance
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I got an early sneak peek at this sweet gem of a story! Thank you to Allison Ashley for sharing an ARC with me!
We start out with a semi-mortifying meetcute involving a rushed morning and a cup of coffee, and I mean, relatable, right?
Although there’s instant attraction and a smidge of forbidden romance, there’s a slow burn feel to Lauren & Andrew’s story.
Can I just say that I love that she is an oncology pharmacist? The doctor or nurse thing can be overdone in novels, but the fact that our heroin
Living My Best Book Life
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Perfect Distraction is a gripping romance that gave me all the feels. I loved this book from start to finish.

The story follows Lauren Taylor and Andrew Bishop. Lauren is a resident oncology pharmacist who is solely focused on work. That is until she meets a handsome man at a coffee shop. He is absolutely gorgeous but hasn't always had good luck with "the good looking guys." Andrew is taken aback when he meets Lauren. She is beautiful and the total opposite of his ex-girlfriend.

They never though
Justine
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Firstly, I would like to thank author Allison Ashley, Entangled Publishing, and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC of this book.

This book was so, so sweet. It grabbed my heart from the very beginning and held it the whole way through.

You will find yourself following a young couple, Andrew and Lauren, who start a very fragile and delicate relationship. I can tell you right now, I was rooting for them so hard. 😂 This story really touched upon so many aspects that I have experienced in my life
Rachel
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ⭐️

Lauren can’t believe she’s met the most beautiful man she’s ever laid eyes on at the coffee shop on her way to work. She’s a pharmacy resident with a passion for oncology, and the patient she is set to council on chemotherapy happens to be the guy she saw at the coffee shop. Andrew. Attraction? Yes. Distraction? Maybe. But, how about fate? Love?⁣

What a down to earth, realistic, and just all-around heartfelt debut novel! It picked up on the challenges of cancer, all the empathy, risk, wo
Come_read_with_me_
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved this book. This has to be the most sweetest, vunerable and real book I have ever read! Genuinely I laughed and "ugly'' cried throughout. The pace is perfect and a real page turner.

Lauren works in a Cancer Center, the last person she thought would be her next patient would be the handsome stranger she literally bumps into at the coffee shop that morning. During their "pun wars" and banter they become friends. Will a relationship work when their careers get in their way?

I can't e
Shari Nagy
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A full 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 five stars to this amazing debut novel! The story begins with a meet cute at a local coffee shop. Lauren spills coffee on “the hot man”, Andrew. Little do they know, they’ll be meeting again shortly.
Lauren works as an oncologist pharmacist at the local hospital. Andrew was recently diagnosed with lymphoma. He was there for his first meeting with the doctor. You’ll never guess who the pharmacist is that explains all of the drugs to him? It’s Lauren!
Andrew and Lauren have a special re
Jen
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book lives up to the title; it was a perfect distraction when I was forbidden to see and be around my children. You guys know how tough that was. Anyway, I love that this book was entertaining and educational in tackling lymphoma, which was not that known to many. The characters are likable, and the author gave us characters that will inspire us and make us laugh and cry simultaneously. The story is delightful and refreshing, and overall adorable. I highly recommend it.
Rochelle
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good read. Lauren and Andrew were such a great couple together. They first met when she ran into him at a coffee shop and then again when she went to work at the Cancer Center and she found out he was there for treatment. This is a slow burn romance that will have you falling in love as the characters to. Great storyline. Can’t wait to read more from this author.

I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Mirtha
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Distraction by Allison Ashley

I. AM. IN. LOVE. With this book!!!!!
Seriously one of my ULTIMATE favorite stories!
EPIC ROMANCE! LOVEL LOVED LOVED every beautiful detail. MUST READ BOOK of 2020

To say that I loved Perfect Distraction is a understatement.

"Lauren isn't thinking about love, especially not with the impossibly attractive man she accidentally spilled coffee all over and Andrew Bishop certainly is not thinking about the gorgeous redhead that spilled said coffee all over his shirt.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Edgedancer (The Stormlight Archive, #2.5)
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • Not OK, Cupid
  • Beef Cake (Fighting for Love #2)
  • You Are Not Alone
  • Plain Truth
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Etched in Stone (Invested in You Book 1)
  • The Moonglow Sisters
  • Not According to Plan
  • That Secret Crush (Getting Lucky, #3)
  • Last Call
  • Bad Bachelor (Bad Bachelors, #1)
  • Hooked On You
  • The Dating Charade
  • The Forgotten Hours
  • She Loves Me (Harmony Pointe, #3)
Allison Ashley is a music-loving, coffee-drinking mom of two who loves love stories. She's an oncology pharmacist and spends her days focused on helping patients through the hardest thing life can throw at them. Her escape has always been books—specifically reading books about happiness, love, and laughter—and it was inevitable that she'd eventually write her own. She promises to always write stor ...more