Start by marking “The Duke's Wicked Wife (Wicked Secrets, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Duke's Wicked Wife (Wicked Secrets, #4)

The Duke's Wicked Wife

(Wicked Secrets #4)

Sebastian Sinclair, the Duke of Wessex, is not in love with Eliza Bentonnor anyone else, for that matter. But he must marry and produce an heir, and love is not required for either. His future duchess must be of high birth and good nature, a lady unlikely to snipe at him over breakfast. In short, the complete opposite of Eliza. So who better to help him find a bride?

Eliza
Published March 16th 2020 by Entangled: Scandalous

To ask other readers questions about The Duke's Wicked Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Duke's Wicked Wife

Start your review of The Duke's Wicked Wife (Wicked Secrets, #4)
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Duke's Wicked Wife is one of my most anticipated reads of 2020. I have been waiting for Wessex and Eliza's book ever since their playful dynamic ensnared me in Twice as Wicked. The wait was well worth it! The Duke's Wicked Wife concludes the Wicked Secrets series. It can be read as a standalone, but just bear in mind that characters from the previous books in the series make several appearances.

Sebastian, the Duke of Wessex,
Publisher Entangled Scandalous

Blurb :

Cheryl
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sebastian, Duke of Wessex is a complex character, he does love to cause mischief but he also plans for an outcome that will benefit others. Sebastian and Eliza have known each other for some time and are friends. Sebastian is looking for a perfect lady to become his duchess. Unfortunately, Eliza will not fit the bill and she has a secret. Eliza has her own plans for her future and that doesnt include marriage. Due to her familys experience, she feared childbirth. Sebastian also had issues due to ...more
Cheryl
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow
Sofie Sehested
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have never read a book from Elizabeth Bright before and even though this book is the fourth in her Wiked series I just fell in love with the book and the characters. I hurried and bought the three other books because I was so intrigued with the characters and the plots that was laid out in this book.

This story is definitely a redemption story for Sebastian, The duke of Wessex.
Sebastian gets a fright after almost choking on a strawberry and since he is the only family member that remains alive
Andreajanel
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was like discovering that the marble pillar one believed to be merely decorative was in fact holding up the bloody roof.

This regency romance provided the perfect escape. The dialogue is witty and provocative, a modern saucy Austen story with elements of Emma. I laughed aloud at the clever turns of phrase, the heros deliberate obtuseness, and the heroines frustration. The essential ingredient to their happiness is within their grasp, but they are too blind to see it.

He calls her Sigrid
Caiti (The Romance Mom)
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am not okay.

Elizabeth Bright just killed me with the exact romance my heart has been craving for good long while.

Im going to gush so get ready for it. If you havent been reading Elizabeth Bright already then you need to rectify that situation immediately. Ive said this before but Ill say it again, Elizabeth Brights writing reminds me so much of Eloisa Jamess earlier books. Think the Essex Sisters or Desperate Duchesses. Its DELIGHTFUL. Shes tongue-in-cheek and deliciously droll and then,
Melissa
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
"And still, I choose you."

The Duke's Wicked Wife had an almost Emma like feel to me. Friends that don't realize they are in love. Yet, their perfectness together is quite plain to everyone else around them to see. I really enjoyed the little hints of Austen throughout the book. I don't want to give any spoilers away, but I will say I was happy with the twist and the historical accuracy of it.

I enjoyed the storyline. Although it didn't feel entirely new, it had elements that breathed some
Zena
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every now and then someone reads a story and recommends it and this is how I got to hear about this particular one ... and I am so grateful.
It is full of light hearted, spontaneous banter, witty and well written too with two of the loveliest friends to lovers main characters that I have ever read about.
Wow! This is really an outstanding story and I am so happy to have read it.
Thank you Elizabeth Bright. You really made my day!
Cathleen
This was a delight!
The growth of the friendship between the main characters was well written. A house party leads to a marriage that leads to building a new life together. The details matter so much and made this story.
The supporting character has her own point of view and her side story made me smile.
I will enjoy reading this again.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC from Netgalley.
There are open bedroom scenes after marriage. There is biblical profanity.
Fizza
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet and romantic historical fiction. It's not angsty and flows beautifully from the start until the end. I loved all the characters and enjoyed reading it a lot.
Eliza has a plan, she knows what she wants and all her dreams seem within her reach. Soon, she will come into her inheritance and live her life freely. Because what can be better? That's until Sebastian asks him to find a wife for him. He goads her into agreeing to his demands. The two have always done things to annoy each
Ro M
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read. I would recommend it for a relaxing weekend.
gwendalyn _books_
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was received from the Author, and Publisher, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.
All included quotes have been taken from an ARC and may not match the finished publication.

Elizabeth Bright, The Duke's Wicked Wife, is witty and enticingly provocative

Sebastian Sinclair, Duke of Wessex, Earl of Badington, and Knight of the Garter,
has a life changing epiphany, after almost choking on a strawberry.
He makes the incredible
Rose Blue
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As reviewed at Roses Are Blue: https://wp.me/p3QRh4-1b8

Sebastian Sinclair, Duke of Wessex, sees his life pass before his eyes as he almost chokes while eating a strawberry. If he should die without an heir, his title and properties would pass to a distant American relative, something he doesnt want to happen. That means its time to choose a wife and work on producing the future duke. Who better to help him pick a wife, than his knowledgeable friend, Miss Benton?

Eliza Benton has no plans to
Sharon
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Still, he held his breath, waiting. Her angelic head tilted. What are your preferences in a lady? He looked at her before turning again to his tea. Such as? Such as hair, for example. She should certainly have hair. The corners of her mouth trembled, but she did not yield to a smile. Fair? Dark? Red? I like them all, he said after a moment of consideration. She pursed her lips. What of height? Truly, I care not. Whatever a womans hair and height and shape, it is no matter to me. Short or tall. ...more
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

The Dukes Wicked Wife brings the Wicked Secrets series to its conclusion and what an adventure Sebastian and Eliza have in store for us. We met them in the very first story of this series, and their bantering, one-upmanship relationship has become a mainstay of this series. Now we get their own journey, a slow burn, almost enemies to friends to lovers story that wraps up so much and answers questions quite perfectly.

Unlike the earlier books you wont find some huge
MrsMascara
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Connie Fischer
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sebastian Sinclair, Duke of Wessex, Earl of Badington, and Knight of the Garter would have choked on a strawberry had his friends Lord Abington and Lord Eastwood not rapped him smartly on the back.

Thankful to be alive, Sebastian sends a note to his friend, Miss Eliza Benton, age 21, to help him plan a house party at his home, Pervale Hall in Derbyshire with a result of him finding a wife. Sebastian wants Eliza to make a list of 3-4 marriageable young women, with flawless reputations, for him to
Eva
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
sebastian, duke of wessex, chokes on a strawberry and is struck by an epiphany. he must get married. the only one of his immediate family left, he realizes it cannot all end with him. so at the outset of the duke's wicked wife, he enlists miss eliza benton's assistance in coming up with a list of ladies who might be suitable brides.

sebastian plays the thoughtless popinjay, but behind the frivolity and studied devil-may-care attitude lies a person who feels things deeply and is acutely
Alicia
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this slow-burn romance. 4.5 stars
The blurb:

Eliza Benton is not in love with the Duke of Wessex. Hes infuriating,
SH
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
With a title such as The Duke's Wicked Wife, only Eliza Benton could possibly fill such a role. Eliza is a woman who knows her mind and is not afraid to share it with Sebastian Sinclair, the Duke of Wessex. Whilst supposed friends, Sebastian calls on Eliza to find him a wife, as he must beget an heir. What starts of as quite a good idea, becomes one fraught with issues, the more time that they both spend together.
Janet
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eliza Benton is not in love with the Duke of Wessex. Hes infuriating, arrogant, and an ass of the first order. A husband would ruin
Debra Martin
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sebastian Sinclair, the Duke of Wessex uses wit and jest to avoid feeling, any feeling especially pesky love. Loving just leads to pain and grief and he refuses to go through that again. His greatest adversary is the witty and beautiful Eliza Benton. The two of them banter back and forth. They're friends, that's all, just friends. Eliza finds Wessex infuriating at best, but when she attends a house party to choose his bride, she finds something totally surprising. She more than enjoys his ...more
Norah Gibbons
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book to read through NetGalley in exchange for a fair review. The Dukes Wicked Wife by Elizabeth Bright is the fourth book in her Wicked Secrets Series. Each book is designed to be read as a stand-alone, but the other books in this series were quite enjoyable as well. Sebastian Sinclair, the Duke of Wessex, does not do emotions; he prefers to keep things shallow and uses humour as a shield to keep things light. He does, however, need to marry and produce an heir, so he ...more
Angela
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have been waiting so long for Wessex and Elizas story. I loved them in the previous books. Wessex is charming and witty and not very serious, or so we think. Eliza is his perfect foe. Can enemies become lovers? Of course they can. Both characters have pasts that they think prevents them from admitting that they can love and be loved. Eliza has a passion to be her own person until she is caught in a compromising position and has to become Sebastians wife. I liked that Eliza kept her passion ...more
Tessa Noble
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love books where everyone is sassy. I also love books that have dukes and duchesses because we all love a good historical romance that feels modern at the same time. That is because although this is set in a time where woman are mens property at marriage the women that are seen in this book are not women that let men walk all over them. They are smart, compassionate and sometimes arrogant. I loved the main characters of this book as they all have fears and doubts and heartbreaks in their past ...more
Ermione Pickwick
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Such a nice, funny and entertaining reading! I mean, the opening of the story is hilarious. And I don't get easily chermed at the first pages I have to say.

The hero is the funniest, in a very sarcastic way, and sweetest.
I loved the fact that he sees in the heroine a true friend, that they have this constant banter-based relationship but that at the same time there's trust and love between them.
There were clearly undrelying romantic feelings from the beginning but I found their bond very
S. Edstrom
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Normally I would not read a period novel but with this book the cover drew me in. The book had romance but also a good dose of humor. I kept reading because I enjoyed the banter between the two main characters. It loved how Lord Wessex tried to act as if he didn't care about anything when it was obvious he did & how he would conspire schemes or games to get the outcome he wanted. I found the romance to be a bit predictable but I still enjoyed the book. I will admit I found myself looking up ...more
Amy Alvis
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sebastian has decided that it is time to take a bride. Being friends with Eliza and trusting her judgement, he asks her to give him a list of names to choose from. He will have a house party and invite his potential brides.

Eliza is happy to help Sebastian with his choice of brides as she is certainly not going to be the one to marry him. She never wants to marry knowing the her mother and step mother both died in childbirth.

But as the house party progresses, Eliza and Sebastian seem to spend
Aisha
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I recieved a free copy from netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I liked the other books in this series and while the characters from previous books do make an appearance this can be read as a standalone. I love a broody alpha hero, but Sebastian was perfect. As Eliza said, there needs to be people who bring happiness in the world. Sebastian hasn't has an easy life but he is determined to make the world smile and enjoy it. He cares deeply but doesn't show the world. Eliza has also seen ...more

• Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • In Bed with the Earl (Lost Lords of London, #1)
  • A Duke is Never Enough (The Spitfire Society #2)
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • An Inconvenient Duke (Lords of the Armory, #1)
  • The Earl Not Taken (The Wallflowers of West Lane, #1)
  • Every Bit a Rogue (The Ellinghams, #4)
  • The Arrangement
  • Gone With the Rogue (First Comes Love, #2)
  • To Catch an Earl (Bow Street Bachelors, #2)
  • When You Wish Upon a Rogue (Debutante Diaries, #3)
  • About an Earl
  • The Sinful Scot (Saints & Scoundrels, #3)
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • The Virgin and the Rogue (The Rogue Files, #6)
  • A Reckless Runaway (The Shelley Sisters, #2)
  • Highland Sword (Royal Highlander #3)

Wicked Secrets (4 books)
  • Twice as Wicked (Wicked Secrets, #1)
  • Lady Gone Wicked (Wicked Secrets, #2)
  • Wicked with the Scoundrel (Wicked Secrets, #3)