Start by marking “Titania Academy Book One: Faerie Misborn” as Want to Read:
Titania Academy Book One: Faerie Misborn

Titania Academy Book One: Faerie Misborn

Freezing cold winters, constant hunger: This was the life of a homeless orphan. This was my life. Then I got the letter.

I’ve been on the streets since I was born. It got very rough after my aunt got sick and died. But I made do.
The streets of New York city can very unforgiving, especially when times get desperate. Like in winter.
At least I never had to worry about the
ebook
Published September 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Titania Academy Book One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Titania Academy Book One

Start your review of Titania Academy Book One: Faerie Misborn
Jypsy
Thank you Rockstar and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Titania Academy Book One:
Faerie Misborn
By: Samaire Provost

*REVIEW*
A note about this review-I knew immediately that the target audience for this story is most likely young tween/teen girls. I read with that in mind, as if evaluating.
This story is cute and simple, albeit, too simplistic. In my opinion, the narrative structure needs some bulk added because it felt
D. Messing
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a different, yet very familiar story all at the same time. I have read a lot of books with this general storyline, but this one had some pretty decent world building. It is a quick read, took me less than two hours, but it comes alive and is pretty decent. This is definitely a YA read, but it is a fun afternoon getaway. Thank you for the opportunity to review!
Krystal gaston
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book the ending was kind of abrupt but the characters and story flow were well written.
Heather Yarber
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Story Line - Easy to Read

The main characters background was very well developed. Interesting way to introduce the fae heritage of the main character. Hoping that the romance introduced will evolve to more than one love interest but that's just my love for reverse harems.
lauren
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
No for me

Not good. Very childish writing skills, matter fact I'm pretty sure a child actually wrote this. this book is a wanna be Harry potter but with fae instead. Nothing in this read made me take it serious. After hearing she was a fae out of wedlock I kinda started skipping pages reading here and there. It was cheesy and dorky and something my 11yr old might totally enjoy. The world building was weird, like it had to much, and when I mean to much, I mean everything going on makes zero sense
Claire
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recap: Holly lives on the streets of NY but when her aunt dies she discovers she's fae-born and enters a whole new world.

Review: It's young adult, coming of age, fantasy with a plucky heroine who discovers she has powers and is important. But that's okay because I quite like those kinds of stories! Yes, there are parallels between Harry Potter - you'd be hard-pressed to write about magical orphans without those parallels being made but the author herself signposts it so you can acknowledge it
Pixel
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, at first I thought I was quite a bit older than the target audience for this book, but I felt the author really explored the MC very well and it felt very genuine to me. I saw another reviewer compare it to Harry Potter, but I felt that while there were some similarities, this book was more than 99% different. I have ordered copies for my nieces as I feel the MC character had quite a few lessons to teach my tweenie nieces. I would recommend this to pretty much anyone in the 12-99 ...more
M Keefe
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

Was leery about the purchase but it was well worth the read. Some parts frustrated like being kept in the dark about ones history. I cried for the young girls harsh upbringing and was sorrowful for her deep loss. I wanted to run out, grab every homeless child and drag them home to feed and shelter them. I cheered her strength, applauded her friends and wait in anticipation for her next battle. Well done.
Pam Collins
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely magical read!

it is a very evocative read. The main character goes from abject poverty to this fantastical school, and tho adversity plagues her, she starts to gather true friends and family. Provost writes of the homeless in a kind and understanding way, no judgements for what these ppl have to do to survive. The magical world Holly is introduced to is filled with wondrous creatures and some villainous ppl. I am eager to read more of Holly's story. Enjoy!
Nuance
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Faerie mayhem

Needs some questions answered and I would have preferred our heroine to be a tad older before adding the element of romance. Still I was entertained by a fresh take on fae society and will look forward to the next book offering a little more than a glimpse.
Though I could not offer five stars it was a fair start to a new series.
Stephen Provost
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun and fast-paced read with an exciting plot and a strong, likable protagonist. The fact that she’s a homeless teen living on the streets when we meet her adds depth to the story that some similar books lack. Faerie Misborn is like Mean Girls meets Harry Potter, but with a unique charm all its own. Looking forward to future installments.
Naomi
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed this book, particularly after looking forward to it for months. Holly seemed pretty believable as a character, growing up on the streets she's hardened and wary. I'm looking forward to following her story in her coming school years.
Carman Townsend Welsch
Holly is awesome

I am very happy I read this book . Holly is different from what I've read before , she didn't jump right into a relationship with any boys . She was true to herself and paid attention to her own feelings . I will be rereading this story .
Kristina Meyer bow
Quite engaging!

This story draws you in, makes you a part of the story and guides you along. Very captivating, magical, and beautifully detailed. Looking forward to more in the series!
Alexandria
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!

I absolutely loved this book. I wasn’t sure at first when I learned how old she was, because I would have like her to be a bit older, but I fell in love. Great book put together very nicely. As you keep reading you just can’t seem to stop.
Larry Bos
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and entertaining

This book is suitable for young teens and I believe the girls will love it. A Cinderella who grew up homeless learns her father is a king.
Margie Murrow
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed

I really liked this book. There were a few big editing mistakes but the story was great. I liked that the end result was happy. No spoilers from me but a good read.
nicole
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Absolutely loved it can't wait for the next book. Loved all the characters. Great story, great action absolutely fantastic read.
Lora Jones
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I picked this because of the very well introduction.. Made you know that this girl was more and trouble was to come with her.
I love the fact she was okay with what ever type of person she encounters. It was like okay have seen that before but lets just run with.
I would very much recommend this book if your interested i seeing a young lady that has no clue about her life fights so hard to make sence of things and understand it.
Ellie Davey
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I absolutely loved this book and can’t wait to see what happens next. Ill be honest, its not the kind of book id normally read, i love wolf shifter books and the cover drew me in but I dont regret reading it. Its definitely going to get me to start reading other paranormal/magic books!
Jenny
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
An easy, fun, Young Adult (YA) read.
Holly is misborn of the Fae, but has been living alone at 14 on the streets since her Aunt died. She receives a letter saying she has been excepted into the Titania Academy, as she has magic in her blood, “When the magic blood of the fae runs through your veins, they will find you, no matter what”. (This does sound slightly familiar, I’m thinking Harry Potter).
Holly arrives at, The Faerie Academy but soon finds that just fitting in with the other girls will
Jessica ( Ra Ya Book Reviews)
Sigh...

Oof this book was a struggle to get through. The writing style unfortunately seemed very juvenile. The plot was mediocre at best and too many details were thrown in without explanations. The storyline itself repeated and the meat of the story didn’t happen until the second to last chapter. I felt reminiscent of a terrible horror movie and I wanted to scream “no don’t go in there” ... too bad, the story could have been good in theory...
Cynthia L. Craig
Children’s book

This book is suitable,IMO, for ages 6 thru 12. This is good, wholesome book for a child, no adult issues, sex, or language, thk goodness. Adults will find it very boring.
Claire  @Wine Ladies  Books and Reviews
The story revolves around a homeless teenager who has lost everything finding out of her faerie parentage. Holly is offered acceptance into a boarding school where she can be fed and have roof over her head when she meets Chance who has come to fetch her.

However, the dream of school and safe life has its troubles as Holly is "misborn" which in faerie causes problems. This is where her parents were not married. Bullying follows her and people know more about her than she does.

I love the idea of
J
Jan 06, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The writing style is beyond childish.

"Ha ha ha!" laughed Renée - and that is just one example of many.
Madison Dillon
It was cute...

I had been hoping for an older main character. Holly is young, 14, and for a child living in the streets she’s shockingly naive. Her adoptive aunt has taught her as much as possible, (basic reading, writing, and mathematic skills), and probably tried to keep her as innocent as possible, but a child living in NYC as a homeless person would’ve been through some really rough situations. The author never really explains Holly’s homelessness. After her birth and her “aunt” takes over
Michelle
Faerie Misborn is the first book in the Titania Academy series by Samaire Provost. The Faerie Misborn series is a middle grade/young adult fantasy romance series. I enjoyed Faerie Misborn, and I am certainly interested in continuing on in the series, but this book didn’t blow me out of the water. I am hoping there will be a good amount of character growth and maturity in the next books in the series. This book did feel a bit basic and simplistic in the dialogue and themes at times. But putting ...more
Lisa
Dec 27, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Such a childish writing style....

I actually can’t believe I finished this book it started out interesting and gripping with the sadness of a homeless girl and how she grew up and everything but now as I have finished it I’m just wondering how it all went so far downhill...the descriptions of things did not stay consistent the writing style sounds like this book was written by a child learning how to read more than anything I was really not impressed with this as a book at all
Pam Fox
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Titania Academy is the new fantasy series by Samaire Provost and Faerie Misborn is the first book in the series.
The story is about Holly, a 14yr old orphan who is living homeless under the streets of New York with her Aune Clare. Clare is not her real aunt but a friend of Holly's mum and has looked after Holly since her mum died shortly after she was born. Life under the streets isn't easy for either of them but when tragedy strikes and Holly finds herself alone she knows it's up to her to make
Wopsywoobookblog
Dec 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m in agreement with some of the reviews so far, in the fact that this was quite YA. I wasn’t expecting it to be so YA so it did lose some of its appeal. Having said that, I did enjoy the world building. If I were a lot younger, this would be the perfect book. As it is, it wasn’t what I was looking for.

Pro’s - World building & plot.

Cons - Too YA. A tad higgledy piggledy. Slightly immature language.

• Dragonsworn
  • Outling
  • Fire & Flood (Mount Olympus Academy, #1)
  • Untamed Magic (Academy of the Elites, #1)
  • Unleashing Trials: Year 1 (Academy of Sorcery #1)
  • Upended Life (Artemis University #1)
  • Drowning Studies (Artemis University #2)
  • Hybrid Academy: Year One
  • Hidden Alpha (Werewolf Academy #1)
  • Atlantis Academy: The First Element
  • Second Growl (The Lycan Academy #2)
  • Found (Thornbriar Academy #1)
  • The New Girl (Shifter Academy: United, #1)
  • Paranormal Academy Book 1: Magic 101
  • Gift of the Gods (Magic Blessed Academy, #1)
  • Dragon Choice (Dragon Shifter Academy, #4)
  • High Fae Academy: Year One
  • The Missing Wolf (Familiar Empire #1)
Samaire Wynne grew up in a lot of different places, and now happily resides on the
East Coast of America, laboring away at writing stories every day. She is an animal lover with far too many pets, yet she still muses how she’d like to add even more. A lover of all things night and gothic, she also loves to read and reread her favorite books. Owned by a cat named Tyrion, she can be found haunting