Start by marking “The Holiday Hideaway (Holiday House Book 7)” as Want to Read:
The Holiday Hideaway (Holiday House Book 7)

The Holiday Hideaway

(Holiday House #7)

Love means never having to sing a carol.

Unemployed artist Chloe Burke has just finished a temp job when a letter arrives from a lawyer. Her estranged great-aunt Eleanor has died and left Chloe a secluded mountain cabin and a modest inheritance. While this is a perfect opportunity to realize her dream of building a business around her painting, she wonders what prompted
Published October 13th 2019 by Bookbinder Press

To ask other readers questions about The Holiday Hideaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Holiday Hideaway

Start your review of The Holiday Hideaway (Holiday House Book 7)
Madeline
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoy reading JL Jarvis Holiday House novels.

This one was fun, but not as enjoyable as some of the others.
romancejunkie
Chloe Burke inherited a secluded mountain cabin from her great-aunt and decided to move there definitely and upon arriving there she meet her new neighbour , Luke Abbot and while he helped her with something they began to fall in love with each other, but first they have to solve some problems with his line of work so they can be happy together. A sweet story that makes you warm inside, I loved to read how they got their way to a happy ending.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout
Texas
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Holiday Hideaway - A delightful, sweet romance set in plenty of snow and Christmas-style magic with two lovable characters and their interesting storylines.

I had a problem with complete strangers being expected to bare their souls on the first meet or date, else they are considered liars and untrustworthy. Relationships take time to build trust and respect and to share secrets. I guess this type of relationship is considered old-fashioned and time consuming.

Other than my pet peeve, I
Tori
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Well this was exactly what I thought it would be. A girl moves away to a remote cabin and falls in love with the neighbor who has some secrets of his own. It wasn’t a terrible read, but yeah it was mushy and didn’t have a lot of character growth or anything. But it did have its cute moments. So if you are looking for a cutesy, easy Christmasy read, this book is for you!
Tayra Sanders
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I very much enjoyed reading this book. This is a story I am recommending to my friends. I was entertained and thrilled to keep reading this story.
Emily Pennington
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Chloe Burke, an unemployed artist, has just finished a temp job when a letter arrives from a lawyer saying that her estranged great-aunt Eleanor died and left Chloe a secluded mountain cabin and a modest inheritance! She has no idea why she would do that, nor did her mother. But this is an opportunity for her to perfect her art and become a real professional artist in the quiet of the beautiful mountains! Her aunt’s studio was top-of-the-line!

When her neighbor, Luke Abbot, stepped out of his
Rosemary
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book from this author. I loved the cover and it looked like a nice story. I was thinking it will probably be a sappy love story, boy was I wrong! Chloe is the main character. She is a strong girl with a good head on her shoulders. All will be tested when she inherits her estranged aunts home/art studio. It is a cabin that has only a few neighbors...and one is Luke. A quiet recluse that lives right across the street. Just after she moves in to her new home, she cant wait to ...more
Lisa
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh Boy! Chloe really, really loves Christmas and when she unexpectedly inherits a secluded mountain cabin she wastes no time in decorating it for the holidays. New neighbour Luke would rather avoid this outpouring of holiday spirit but finds himself drawn in regardless. Luke has secrets and Chloe wants to find out more about him. Although the incredibly fast speed at which these two characters swap confidences is highly unrealistic this is a good book if you can look past that. It is a nice, ...more
Jennifer Olivas
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Holiday Hideaway was such a charming little romance. There is something about a small town Christmas that just hits you right in the feels. I could just imagine myself in a cozy little cabin adorned with twinkling lights, amidst the softly falling snow. My idea of heaven! Luke and Chloe get off to a rough start, but they soon realize just how much they are attracted to each other. There are definitely some obstacles for them to overcome in their relationship, but never fear, you will be left ...more
Sandy
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love and Christmas magic.
In this one, Chloe has inherited her Aunt’s house up in the mountains. If she moves there then her dream of being a professional artist may come true. She meets her neighbor, Luke Abbot the attraction is there but there is some mystery around Luke also. Can Christmas magic work for these two? I enjoyed this quick read and I loved the characters plus you will not know until the very end what will happen. Great job by the author this one is worth picking up. I did receive
Avid Reader
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A romantic Christmas story full of Christmas magic. Chloe inherits her aunts house up in the mountains. Both Chloe and her aunt were artists so this gives Chloe the perfect opportunity to become a professional artist. Opposite he aunt's house is another cabin occupied by the mysterious Luke. Luke's desire to keep his life private makes Chloe's imagination go into over drive and not in a good way. A fun story about love, trust and Christmas spirit.

I received a free copy of this book via
Molly
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
It might be love, yet it is really covert

When she inherited her cabin and a modest estate for upkeep, she had not spoken with her aunt in several years. A somewhat puzzling gift from one artist to another.

She found a neighbor in that cozy hideaway who would steal her heart away.

Can this hidden hero and his secrets hold onto her and their affection, or will his past take her heart as victim?

Intense and involved romance

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving
Minty Fresh Reads
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a super cute and fun holiday read. Right from the start, you get a feel for the holiday and how much Chloe, the main character loves it. The plot is really nice and the book itself is well-written and kept me engaged the whole time. I didn't want to put it down! I definitely recommend giving this a go if you're looking for a holiday romance to wrap up you nice and warm.

Kristi
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chloe has inherited her aunt's house in the mountains and realizes her dream of becoming a professional artist may come true. After meeting her new neighbor she realizes the attraction is there but also mystery surrounding him. A quick fun read with holiday magic, sweet romance, characters you'll fall in love with and of course all it set during the holidays.

Victoria
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this to be an interesting story and liked that I ended up making assumptions as the story went just like Chloe! I thought the characters were developed and likeable and the story unfolded well (even when it took a turn I'd not expected). Personally I would have liked either a bit more between the last chapter and the epilogue or a longer epilogue as I had questions!

Sheila Moss
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. It has a background of Christmas along with romance and a little mystery. I loved Luke and Chloe. They had a connection from the start but secrets got in their way. A quick read but definitely worth it.

SEng
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the sweet romance of Chloe and Luke. They are charming and so good together. I found their story entertaining as they are stuck together up in mountains, deal with obstacles and their relationship turns to love. Great feel good story. I received an arc of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Heather Wamboldt
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Holiday Hideaway: A Holiday House Novel is a heartwarming holiday romance. I am a sucker for Christmas stories and this one has me hooked. Chloe and Luke are likable characters and the story is well written, with secrets, emotions, Christmas lights, and a sweet romance.
I read and reviewed a copy of this book with no obligation.
Jeanne Richardson
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by J.L. Jarvis; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Tina Layner
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was such an easy read. When Chloe Burke inherited home, she did not know that her life would change so much. She met her neighbor, Luke Abbot, and her world changed forever. She knew he was keeping things from her, but she did not know how much and why.

Angela
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chloe inherits her Aunts home relishing the idea of decorating her own home for Christmas. Her new neighbor is a sexy mysterious man that is not an all out for the holidays guy. The story is interesting but the ending left me with a lot of questions. It has a HFN feel.

Cheryl
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well written holiday romance. Great characters and an interesting story really put me in the mood for Christmas!

Marianne
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really sweet Christmas romance. I liked it a lot... It is filled with romance and emotion, charming setting and fun characters.

Lori
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a nice and well written story. I found it moved by quickly and I had it read in one sitting. This was my first read by this author and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend this book.

Barbara
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Part of the A Holiday House Novel series a short quick story to read. I enjoyed reading unemployed artist Chloe Burke, and secretive Luke Abbot's story. I want to read more in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a nice read for the upcoming holiday season. Luke and Chloe are super sweet. Written as a 3rd person, multi pov with a HEA.

Elvira
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book from beginning to the end it helped that it had well developed and engaging characters with a storyline that flowed smoothly.

Rebecca
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think this may be the first book I have read by this particular author, however, it will not be the last. I truly loved this book. It was excellent. It was an impressive blend of romance and intrigue. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book in exchange for a free copy.
jeanne hudson
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice little read!

Sweet love story..only sad it was so short as I was wanTed to read more! This my second by this author and I would continue to follow.
Mary Cameron

• An Heirloom Christmas: A Small-Town Christmas Romance Novel
  • Royally Abandoned
  • The Christmas Countdown
  • The White Christmas Inn
  • The Christmas Cookie House: A Sweet Holiday Romance (Christmas House Romances Book 1)
  • This Christmas
  • Shaking the Sleigh (Singletree #3)
  • 'Twas the Kiss Before Christmas (Christmas Mountain #4)
  • One Simple Wish: Return to Lighthouse Point (Charming Inn Book 1)
  • Forever Yours in Christmas Falls
  • Christmas at the Waratah Inn
  • Alone for the Holidays

Holiday House (7 books)
  • The Christmas Cabin (Holiday House, #1)
  • The Winter Lodge (Holiday House, #2)
  • The Lighthouse: A Holiday House Novel
  • The Christmas Castle: A Holiday House Novel
  • The Beach House: A Holiday House Novel
  • The Christmas Tree Inn (Holiday House Book 6)