Start by marking “The Perfect Pitch” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Pitch

The Perfect Pitch

Derek

The sound of the gavel crashing down,
Has my life flashing before my eyes.

Learning to play ball.
Falling in love,
Marrying an incredible woman and starting a family
Becoming a starting pitcher for the Indianapolis Lightning.

Everything I ever wanted... Until I struck out.

The same success that gave me the life I dreamed of,
Took it all away.
I'd do anything for a
ebook
Published February 20th 2020 by Samantha Lind

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Pitch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Pitch

Start your review of The Perfect Pitch
Paulette
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a sweet story. It was the perfect second chance novel. It will stir all your emotions and give you hope. It was the perfect example of, “You don’t know what you have until you lose it”.
I read this book in one sitting. It’s a fast read for two reasons; first, it’s good, second, you won’t want to put it down.
The story will bring up questions in your mind such as; can first love really be lasting love, is it ever too late to do the right thing, and can people really change?
Derrick and Jillian
Kelly Williams
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This author was new to me. I was not disappointed I really enjoyed Derek and Jillian’s story. I love a good second chance for romance and this one did not disappoint. I love how Derek proved himself even though it took a divorce to put him in his place. I love that we get to read them getting to know each other again and progressing towards their future. This book was super steamy and all-around a great read. I cannot wait for the next one in ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written 2nd chance romance for Jillian and Derek, even though it takes a divorce to shake him up, but boy, did he redeem himself!! I was totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and I highly recommend for all readers.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
A second chance romance that really brought a smile to my face. What a heart-warming story but, it really wasn’t Derek and Jillian that stole my heart. It was Addison and Penelope. Now, don’t get me wrong, it was wonderful watching Derek and Jillian find their way back to each other, watching Derek evolve and become the man he was before and hoping that Jillian finds it in her heart to let go of the past.

Second chance romances are usually a get-back-together years later story. Not so with The
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary ARC - early release copy of this book in Kindle format from the author for review purposes.

I have read every book Samantha Lind has written and if this is your first book of hers, you are missing out. She writes very heartfelt stories that are hot and sexy but the characters have a deep and abiding love for the other characters in the story. This is a brand new series for her and its extremely loosely connected to her last series in that Derrick was a client of
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
NEW to me author & books! I honestly received the Givemebooks emails about the cover reveal of this beauty and read the blurb and had to read it, it really caught my eye! Also the cover might have helped a little too!

So going into this I knew from the blurb that this will be starting off with the hero and heroine getting a divorce due to reasons. It started off good for me, until closer to the 50%, this is a VERY family based book and as much as I love those very much, to me it felt a
Jennifer Copeland
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Perfect Pitch by Samantha Lind is such a fantastic and awesome book! This book starts off her new series Indianapolis Lightning which focuses on the professional baseball league. The first couple that we are going to meet in this book is Derek and Jillian Smyth. Derek is the star pitcher for the Indianapolis Lightning and Jillian is a stay at home mom of their two girls Penelope and Addison.
The Perfect Pitch begins with Derek and Jillian in the courtroom where their divorce is finally final.
Amanda Hash
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This was the perfect second chance romance I read it in one sitting, and adored every minute of it! Lind brings every character to life and makes it impossible to resist falling in love with them. My heart went out to Derek from the very beginning-- he royally screwed up, yes, but his devotion to Jillian and their girls was everything. Likewise, it was incredibly easy for me to relate to Jillian-- she was trying to do what was best for her, and her kids, and she did it all with grace. I loved ...more
World Of Books 65
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Samantha Lind has done it again with another smash hit sports series!

This time we move away from hockey and into the world of baseball; and what a first book to kick off this series. It had everything I have come to love about a story from this great author.

Great Story Line - CHECK
Alpha Male - CHECK
Two beautiful children - CHECK
A book once you start you can't stop until you turn the last page - CHECK

This is the story of 2nd chances - the hardest decision Jillian ever had to make
Christi Fowler
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Title: The Perfect Pitch
Author: Samantha Lind
Format: Ebook
Genre: Romance - Second-chance, sports (baseball)
Standalone: Yes
Part of a Series: Book 1 of the Indianapolis Lightening series
POV: Derek and Jilliam
Steam Level: Slow Burn to toasty
5/5

I haven't read many (if any) romance books that start with the couple getting a divorce. However, the divorce is the catalyst to Derek getting himself together and his determination to win his ex-wife back. I love that Samantha Lind pulled all the emotions
Amy
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Perfect Pitch was a sweet, second-chance love story and features an unique twist. The story starts with the couple’s divorce. This was a fresh take and it worked.

Derek is a baseball player who has put partying with his friends above his wife and two daughters. His wife, Jillian, decides that this isn’t the life she wants to model for her children so she divorces him even though she still loves him. From the moment the judge declares the couple divorced, Derek is determined to win back his
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Shelves: alpha-male
I haven't read a lot of this author's books. But I am a sucker for romance books with kids in it. And this one was sweet and sexy and just so much.

This book is about what happens in a marriage when things don't go as you planned it out. Derek got caught up in the fame of being of a baseball player and in the process he lost his wife and kids. And the day his divorce was final was the day that he got a rude awakening.

I loved that from the moment that Derek told Jillian he is going to change and
Sassy Southern
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!! There aren't enough words to tell you how much I loved this book! From start to finish it was AMAZING! This book has everything I look for in a great story - the writing, the story line, the characters and of course a little drama.

This book starts out so heartbreaking. Derek and Jillian are finalizing their divorce and both starting over. However, finalizing the divorce is the wake up call that Derek needed in order to realize that the life he had with his wife and children
Jessica Alcazar
This story just made me smile *sigh* You know when you read as much as I do, sometimes the stories just tend to blend together but this one stood out last week because it was just a *happy sigh* kinda journey. Sometimes, you just want to pick a book and read about two people who have it right already but are struggling … feel me? It was life in words. It was real and relatable with all the good and bad in between.

I’ve read these types of growth stories before, but they are few and far in
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
The Perfect Pitch is book one in the Indianapolis Lighting baseball series. Derek has the perfect pitch in life/baseball career until a few strikes leave him questioning just how perfect it is. We all know it takes men a drastic event/reason for them to see the light or in his case pitch a perfect game. Signing on the dotted line is his wake call! Now it's time to show Jillian and his girls just want he was missing out on and how it will be if he could get that second base run at home again. You ...more
Louise  O
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Perfect Pitch is a stand-alone Baseball story, while the Baseball side is light it ticked all the boxes on the romantic side of things.

Derek had it all, the amazing wife, 2 kids and the career of his dreams; for the past several years he has been indulging when he shouldn’t and falling down on the husband and father duties. With the wake-up call that he needs Derek is set to win back his family even if that means giving up his career.
Jillian didn’t want to go through with it but she had to,
Stephanie
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everybody makes mistakes, it's a part of being human. As long as you learn from them that is what matters. With Derek it took hearing the sound of a judges gavel to show how far he has fallen. All he ever wanted was to have a loving wife, children and to pitch in the major leagues. He had it all … until he let his career get in the way. Now he is no longer married to the woman he loves. It is up to him to either change or lose Jillian forever.
Jillian just wanted the mad that she loved in
Kari Hansen
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Faced with an impossible situation Julia did the only thing that she could and that was to put herself and her daughters first. When she and Derrick married, she thought he was her Prince Charming and they would have a happy ever after. She understands his demanding career as a pitcher, but what she doesn’t understand is why his family isn’t enough and why he is distracted by his celebrity lifestyle and her attempts to get him to understand have gone unheard.

Derrick had taken for granted that
Sharon Jones
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
What an amazing start to a brand new series. I love sports romance novels - they are my favourite romance novels to read. Part of the reason I love them is because of the on field action. There wasn't all that much of that in this book so that is the only reason why I gave the book 4 stars instead of 5. Otherwise if that doesn't bother you, sit back, relax and get your read on - you will not be disappointed.
Second chance at love is a trope I could read over & over. Derek & Jillian's
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Derek was living his best life with a career in baseball, the perfect wife, and the perfect 2 little girls. However, it all came crashing down from poor decisions, and he lost everything, including his wife & girls. Jillian decides she has to do what's best for her girls, so she files for divorce, though it's not only breaking Derek's heart, but hers as well. This is the wake up call that Derek needs to make changes in his life, because he's determined to get his family back. The Perfect ...more
Chanah Dickson (The Book Whisperer)
Absolutely knocked it out the park!

What a refreshing second chance romance that actually told it like it is! This was true life,sometimes we make mistakes, we don’t realise what we have and we let those we love the most slip from our fingers but most of all we love hard!

Derek and Jillian loves each other since they were young but life, distractions of a new star filled life and empty promises meant they ended up miserable and heartbroken.

Committed to being the best parents they could, through
Jill Kerich
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a second chance story that was an enjoyable read. Derek and Jillian have been together since college and married for 4 years. When Derek's baseball career and need to party with the boys takes priority over his marriage and two young girls, Jillian files for divorce. This is where the book starts, with Derek finally having that AHA moment when the judge declares the divorce is official.
Derek immediately sets out to woo his wife back. Despite Jill's demand that they take it slow, it was
Jillian_J
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Second chance romance reads are one of my absolute favorite! And oh my goodness, Samantha has delivered an outstanding story yet again!

When the gavel drops so does Derek’s heart. It’s like the earth has shifted and he realizes how poorly his actions has affected his family.

Jillian is such a beautiful character, very determined to do what is best for her girls and herself.

Life has changed for both Derek and Jillian as the years have progressed. Although family has become less important for
Kylee
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Perfect Pitch is a second chance romance that will have you watching as two people discover their connection all over again. Derek and Jillian are two people who lost their way and their marriage was unfortunately the sacrifice. Derek is a hotshot baseball player who let his ego and fame take the front seat instead of his family. As you take the journey as these two try to piece their relationship back together by starting from the beginning, you will have your heart stolen as Derek pulls ...more
Jillian Kerr
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Perfect Pitch is a sweet second chance romance that will have you hooked right from the first page. Derrick and Jillian's story starts off sad and heavy, but after hitting rock bottom Derrick has nowhere to go but up and to prove himself to Jillian. I loved Derrick's determination and Jillian's strength. Together they were hot and the perfect match. Their little ones were the sweetest! I really liked the storyline and flow of this book. I really loved the characters, including secondary ...more
Rochelle
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story. This is the first book that I have read from this author and I am so happy that I was finally able to read her work. She has been on my TBR for a while but never got the chance to read her yet. This was the perfect book to start with. Loved Derek and Jillian and their second chance at love. The chemistry and attraction was still there but the trust wasn’t and he had to work to win it back from her. This story was so good. I can’t wait to read what is next in this series and now ...more
Deborah  Kimberley
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This author is new to me. I was given this book as an arc in exchange for an honest review.
What can I say? The opening certainly draws you in and snares you.
I fell in love with the characters from the beginning. They were relatable, had chemistry and camaraderie.
Second chance romance at its best for me. It was sweet, it was sassy and it’s fair share of steamy. What more could you want.
Definitely a case of you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.
The introduction of a few outlying
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
The title of this book is on point. It’s perfect. Samantha Lind has yet again stolen my heart with her writing. The Perfect Pitch is everything I love about reading romance. It’s sweet, it’s hot, it’s swoony, it grabs your attention right from the get go and doesn’t let you go. I’m telling you now, this is one of the best second chance romances out there.
Derek and Jillian May have lost their way a bit when it came to their marriage but it’s perfectly clear the love that these two have is still
mimi_reads
The Perfect Pitch by Samantha Lind

This was my first time reading Samantha Lind and I thoroughly enjoyed this story. This is not your usual sports romance, but rather a beautifully written story of the aftermath of a marriage breakdown.

Derek is the hotshot starting pitcher for a major league baseball team who got caught up in the lifestyle of the rich and famous - drinking, partying and neglecting his wife Jillian and young children back home.

This is not the type of story I typically read but
Nicole Smith
Shelves: sports-romance
4.5 Stars
I love Samantha Lind's hockey romances so when I heard she was doing baseball I got really excited. I love baseball so these books will be right up my alley. This is the first book in the series. I got lost in this book right away. It's a second chance romance. Derek needs to get his priorities in order because he's losing what's most important to him. Derek and Jillian's little girls are adorable. They stole the show when they were in the scenes. The only thing I would have loved
« previous 1 3 next »

• Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • For Three Seconds
  • The Three Kiss Clause
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes, #2)
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Breathless
  • Treyton (Savage Beasts #2)
  • Defenseless Hearts (Playing for Keeps #2)
  • Guarded Hearts (Love in Sienna, #3)
  • Playboy's Heart (Playboy Royal, #2)
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • Power Twist (Power Play #2)
  • I Said Yes
  • Australia
  • Beautifully Broken Control (Sutter Lake, #4)
  • Keeper
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
Sign up for Samantha's newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/SLNL

Samantha Lind is a contemporary romance author. Having spent the first 27 years of her life in Alaska, she now calls Iowa home where she lives with her husband and two sons. She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, reading, watching hockey (Go Knights Go!), and listening to country music. You can connect with Samantha