Start by marking “Spartan Heart (Mythos Academy: Colorado #1)” as Want to Read:
Spartan Heart (Mythos Academy: Colorado #1)

Spartan Heart

(Mythos Academy: Colorado #1)

10 hours, 27 minutes

New school year, same old problems . . .

At Mythos Academy, everyone knows exactly who I am: Rory Forseti, Spartan girl and the daughter of Reapers.

Even though I fought alongside my cousin Gwen Frost to save the mythological world from Loki and his evil Reapers of Chaos, I'm still the most hated girl at the academy because of all the horrible things my
Audiobook
Published September 18th 2019 by Tantor Audio (first published October 2nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Spartan Heart, please sign up.
Heather (Curious Fox Reads) This was straight off Jennifer Estep's website, she just posted it yesterday.

"The print book price will probably be around $14.99, and the print book…more
This was straight off Jennifer Estep's website, she just posted it yesterday.

"The print book price will probably be around $14.99, and the print book will be available online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. The print book will NOT be stocked in your local bookstore, so you will have to order it online."

So hopefully it will be. (less)

Start your review of Spartan Heart (Mythos Academy: Colorado #1)
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

If you only knew how much I wanted to adore this novel! I wanted to like it so much that I gave it a shot in two different formats and two years apart from each other because I initially DNFed this as an eARC in 2017. Maybe I've just outgrown these books because I loved the original Mythos Academy books. That's how I'll justify this so I can still sleep at night.

Rory was, in theory, a great character but after so many times of comparing herself to Gwen and so many other
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Im a big fan of Jennifer Esteps Urban Fantasy series however I havent tried her Young Adult novels yet. This series is technically a spin-off of her original Mythos Academy series but even though I havent read all those books yet, I didnt have any trouble at all falling into this world.

Estep is really good at her worldbuilding. I love all the worlds that she has created, but this one might actually be one of my favorites. Its filled with various types of warriors from Spartans like our main
Ivy
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 🌟

Glad to be able to see Gwen's cousin, Rory. Seems like they don't have much luck with popularity. Sad that Lance turned out to be a bad guy. Happy that Rory was able to join Midgard and gain new friends. Hope they will be able to stop Covington and the Reapers. Wonder if Rory will date Ian.

Can't wait to read Spartan Strong!!!
Shelley
*Source* Author
*Genre* Young Adult, Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

Spartan Heart is the first installment in Jennifer Estep's Mythos Academy: Colorado series. With the author's permission, I am going to say that I recommend readers have at least some knowledge of Killer Frost before jumping into Rory's new series. The original Mythos Academy books featured Gwen Frost, a Gypsy girl who has the gift of psychometry, or the ability to know an objects history just by touching it. Gwen and her
Under the Covers Book Blog

Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I've read a few books in the related Mythos Academy series which came first. It is referenced, maybe a little too much, in Spartan Heart.  I have to be a little careful with YA because I sometimes want to roll my eyes.  I do better with YA fantasy. There are usually a few things happening like a mystery or political battle and
Tori
Originally posted at SmexyBooks-http://smexybooks.com/2017/12/review-...

Favorite Quote: The first day of school is always the worst.

School just started and Rory Forseti already knows it going to be a bad one. A spartan at the Mythos Academy in Colorado, she becomes persona non grata when its revealed her parents were famous Reaper assassins. Even her heroics in helping to defeat Loki and his minions last years doesnt gain her any respect from the student body. But she doesnt have time to dwell
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
It was an average book. Nothing unique really for this avid reader. The plot, twist, characters were all remakes of the formulaic YA paranormal/urban fantasy read.

I was not surprised by anything that happened and say it all a mile away.

As per usual with this author food played a staring role. There was even a reference to the pork pit for those familiar with this authors adult series.

If I hadnt already purchased the second audiobook, I probably wouldnt have moved on. But alas, I will. It
Melliane
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I was very happy to hear that a German publisher had asked for more novels from the author, but even more that she agreed to offer us this story in English too!

It was great to immerse in the Mythos universe again. And what to say when in addition we find some characters that we had previously met. Moreover, it is the turn of Rory, Gwens cousin, to be on the front of the stage. Poor Rory who hopes to make a fresh start with her aunt but it seems that as
Katherine Paschal
Rory has had a really hard year, be it dealing with the death of her parents, the fact they were part of an evil society, or the hate she receives from all her classmates. But Rory refuses to give in to the hurtful things people say and do, instead she is willing to fight for justice. When she inadvertently finds herself in the library after hours and witnesses an artifact theft, Rory ends up fighting for her life. Is the evil gone like everyone thought? Or is this a new type of evil that Rory ...more
Erica Chilson
I used my personal copy to read and review for Wicked Reads' BYOB (Bring Your Own Book) Month

4 Stars

Young Adult Age-range: 13+, parental discretion as there is nonstop fantasy violence.

Spartan Heart is the first in the Mythos Academy: Colorado series. However, it is a spinoff of the Mythos Academy series. While it's possible to read as new, I do believe that it would cause massive confusion, as events that happened in the previous series were mentioned almost on every page.

I would not call
Kym Roberts
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rory Forseti is a strong girl, as every Spartan should be. But after the loss and betrayal of her parents, Rory has to make one of the toughest decisions of her life: be forced into the life of a reaper assassin, or sacrifice her life to save her friends? Will her friends from the protection force, The Midgard, be able to sway her away from choosing to join the leader of the reapers, or will the dream of revenge get the best of her, and make her choose the path her parents did years ago?

Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I purchased my own copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads' BYOB January.

The mythological warriors in the Mythos Academy stories offer a welcome reprieve from the myriad of Urban Fantasy vampire and werewolf stories. A spinoff from the original Mythos Academy books, Gwens cousin Rory begins this first Colorado book as a grieving social outcast before finding her place and growing into her potential.

I have to admit that Rory grew on me. Shes a little bit wet and a little bit
Anna
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Estep never fails to deliver a quick paced and fun story. But, comparing this spin off title to the original series, it's quite inferior... I just couldn't move past certain parts of the plot (like why the Protectorate would rely so much on teenagers) or the fact that the story arc was very similar to that of the original series.
Still, I enjoyed it, and I will continue with the next book.
mith
Ahh, it's been so long since I read a Mythos Academy book! I'm so glad there's a spin-off for Rory!
It's a bit cliché, but whatever. Estep just has a fun way of writing that, even though it comes off as repetitive sometimes, manages to be engaging the entire time. I adore it. Can't wait for books two and three!
Alayna Payton
It was great getting back to Mythos Academy. Rory was another interesting MC and I enjoyed her story. Its the same story type as Gwen but with a different backstory and a new Hot guy! Im excited to see where this goes
➸ Gwen de Sade
Jan 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This was just completely boring and pointless. It feels like Jennifer Estep is stuck in her own fictional world full of repetition and dull characters. I think she really loves it though since shes mentioning how great everything and everyone she created is on approximately every second page. ...more
TJ
Nothing wrong with this book. For those who loved the Mythos Academy world, this one will be a great addition. The story just seems like a do-over with different names to me. It's totally a personal thing, I'm sure.
Cheyenne
Raven
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a guilty-pleasure read at its finest. You kind of know what going to happen, but you're not sure about it so you just have to keep reading. Can't wait for the sequel.
Barb Lie
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spartan Heart by Jennifer Estep is the 1st book in her new Mythos Academy: Colorado series, which is a spinoff of her original Mythos Academy series. I really did enjoy the Mythos Academy series and Gwen Frost. I looked forward to reading Spartan Heart, and I am happy to say I enjoyed the start of this series.

Rory Forseti, whom we met in the original Mythos Academy series, is Gwens cousin and our heroine in this series. Rory, who helped Gwen and her gang defeat Loki, and now is attending school
Darcy
While this is a new series from this author it is spun off of another one, so you really should read that first, the first book is Touch of Frost.

Rory was not in a good place when this book started. She was trying to deal with her parents betrayal, living in the shadow of her cousin Gwen who pulled off tremendous things and going back to school where no one liked her and talked trash about her.

At first I was on the fence with the group that Rory stumbled into. It didn't seem like they wanted
Nancy Brady
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, e-book
Jeepers, Creepers, there are more Reapers

A spinoff series of the Mythos Academy features Rory Forseti, a cousin of Gwen Frost of the original series. She is an outcast, trying to prove she isn't a Reaper like her parents were.
It is a new school year, and suddenly she is fighting monsters and Reapers. What is going on? She thought the threat was over after Loki was defeated, but there is a new threat at the Colorado school and she becomes involved along with new warrior-students.
As exciting as
Angela ReadingCave
Denise H
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spartan Heart is the first installment in Jennifer Esteps Mythos Academy spin-off series and takes place in Colorado with 17-year old Rory Forseti and her new friends banding together to fight the new threat that has encroached upon their school at the start of the school year. This story has plenty of action to hold your attention and an engaging storyline full of adventure and suspense.
Aside from her aunt Rachel, whom she lives with, there are several new key characters in this story that
Jordan
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read the first book of the Mythos Academy series at least two times, so it was not hard for me to see just how similar these books were - and how different.

The books may start and end in a similar way, but the part in between is something different. While "Touch of Frost" focuses on a murder-mystery, this book is more about a greater plan and not just the murder, which is solved after a few chapters. Starting off on a similar note may also prove to be a great way to show how differently
Melissa
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the spin-off series of the Mythos Academy books with Gwen Frost as the heroine. In this book, Rory Forseti, Gwen's cousin who we briefly met, is the heroine in this series set in Colorado. Since I'm a fan of Jennifer Estep's writing and also a fan of anything set in CO I knew this was a total win for me. I was correct. I enjoyed my time at the CO Mythos Academy. For those that have not read the main series, I do suggest it, but I think you could read this book first. I ...more
BookLoversLife
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
Rory Forseti is hoping that this year will be different, after all, she helped defeat Loki, but unfortunately for her, people don't forget easy and since Rorys parents were Reapers, she is still being talked about, still without friends! But when artifacts start to go missing and there is talk of a new group of Reapers, Rory finds herself helping people again, even though they hate her. She isn't her parents and just wants people to realise this!

I'll start this by saying that I haven't read all
Stacy
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I enjoyed the Mythos Academy series so I was both excited and a little bit apprehensive to jump into SPARTAN HEART. Excited to revisit the world, but a little nervous that I wouldn't love the new feel with different main characters.

Rory's parents were evil Reapers and none of her classmates will let her forget it. I liked her grit and enjoyed her development. I kinda 'saw' that she was going to get a talking sword and become a champion before it happened. I think I would have liked if her
Abi
I've reread the main Mythos Academy series six or seven times, and I love it to death. So when I heard a spinoff series was coming out, I got really excited! I love Gwen, of course, and Rory is awesome, too.
I loved reading about a Spartan - they've intrigued me since we met Logan, and Rory is so strong and cool.

I really enjoyed Spartan Heart, although I didn't properly start reading it (I was maybe 10 or 20 pages in before this) until a couple of weeks ago.

Rory is a great main character -
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Updating Version Shown & Combining Editions 3 20 Jan 24, 2018 12:13AM

• Mystische Mächte: Bitter & Sweet (Bitter & Sweet, #1)
  • Von Sternen gekrönt (One True Queen, #1)
  • Für immer verboten (Sturmtochter, #1)
  • Dämonentage (Dämonentage, #1)
  • Flying High (Hailee & Chase, #2)
  • Wir fliegen, wenn wir fallen
  • Palace of Silk - Die Verräterin (Palace-Saga #2)
  • Everything I didn't say
  • Flüstern des Lichts (Soul Mates, #1)
  • By Invitation Only (Gilt #1)
  • 17 - Das erste Buch der Erinnerung (Die Bücher der Erinnerung, #1)
  • Teenie Voodoo Queen
  • Burning Bridges (Fletcher University #1)
  • Ruf der Dunkelheit (Soul Mates #2)
  • Plötzlich Banshee
  • Mondlichtkrieger (Mondprinzessin, #2)
  • Die Krone der Dunkelheit (Die Krone der Dunkelheit, #1)
  • Palace of Glass: Die Wächterin (Palace-Saga, #1)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea. She is the author of the following series:

THE ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN SERIES
The books focus on Gin Blanco, an assassin codenamed the Spider who can control the elements of Ice and Stone. When shes not busy battling bad guys and righting

Mythos Academy: Colorado (3 books)
  • Spartan Promise (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #2)
  • Coldest Frost (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #3)