Start by marking “The Christmas Kiss (Back to Bluestone River Book 310)” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Kiss (Back to Bluestone River Book 310)

The Christmas Kiss

(Back to Bluestone River #2)

Will working together

…lead to together forever?

Recently divorced, Parker Davis needs to focus on his new job so he can provide a stable home for his daughter in time for the Christmas holidays. The problem is, he’s frequently at odds with his boss. He and Emma O’Connell approach everything differently. Yet he finds her intriguing, and Bluestone River festivities keep
Published December 1st 2019 by Harlequin Heartwarming

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Kiss

Start your review of The Christmas Kiss (Back to Bluestone River Book 310)
Rachel DeVaughn
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read the first "Back to Bluestone River" book in this series, and although this is book 2, they can be read as stand alone stories. I really enjoyed the first book and getting to know Ruby, Mike and the town of Bluestone River; so I was really excited to read this next book as the town starts to flourish more and as they rebuild the bird sanctuary.

It took me a couple of chapters to really like Parker because I felt like every time he interacted with Emma, he was rude for no reason. I liked
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
I was overjoyed to see that Emma, one of my favorite characters in A Family for Jason, is the heroine in The Christmas Kiss! (And don’t you love that cover?) Emma is just delightful in every way – from her wit to her big heart and even her realistic flaws. There’s something about her that instantly has you on her side, rooting for her to finally find her happily-ever-after!

Parker and his college-aged daughter Nic are wonderful additions to the Bluestone River community, particularly the even
Suzie Waltner
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so excited that Emma is the heroine in The Christmas Kiss. While The Christmas Kiss is a stand-alone story, the previous book gave me a proper introduction to this woman and some of her history. In fact, I was a little disappointed we didn’t get some of those details (specifically regarding Emma’s finances and her injuries) in this second book, which focuses on Parker’s backstory.

That said, I adored visiting this community and its residents again. The added Bluestone Holiday celebrations
Pam Jackson-gorsline
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting story with many twists and turns that happen when people are putting their lives back in order. The characters were likeable and complex.
Harlie Williams
I apologize again for the lateness of the blog post today. As most know, I’m now working at an elementary school and by the time I get home from school, I’m toast. Throw in Christmas time and the kids’ excitement while still trying to teach and I’m a zombie. Do I read to relax when I get home? You bet. Do I remember to write the review? Nope. I have no shame and I’m not afraid to admit it.

So why the admission? Because this is my last posted review of 2019 and I’m super excited that it is. Ms.
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Prism Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Christmas Kiss By Virginia McCullough is the second book in Back to Bluestone River, and it is very different from the usual romance novels. Ms. McCullough is a new author for me, and I liked learning about the bird sanctuary.
Will Parker and Emma find anything to agree about?
Parker Davis
Parker Davis is recently divorced and is into saving birds,
Harlequin Books
Categories
Small Town & Rural Fiction, Holiday Romance, Contemporary Romance, Wholesome Romance
Miniseries
Back to Bluestone River
Marie
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s that time of year – Christmas. Not only a time for joy, gift giving, snow, and romance!

This is my first visit to Bluestone River with Parker and Emma. This is the second book in the “Back to Bluestone River” series. This is a perfect standalone title on its own.

Parker is recently divorced and focusing on his job which he hopes will provide stability for his daughter, especially during the holidays.

Emma O’Connell isn’t quite his boss, despite being one of the main donors and paying for
Lori
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even though I didn't know there was a first book I still really enjoyed this book about Parker Davis and Emma O' Connell.
In my opinion I came to see that they were going to be two special people that earned a place in my heart. I certainly enjoyed getting to know them.
I loved the community's unusual name Bluestone River. I found myself looking it up to see if it was real.
I think that when the love bug hits certain people there's no stopping it especially if God has a say in it. Destiny is meant
Kate Vale
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance
A Back to Bluestone River installment, in which Parker Davis takes a job beneath his skills, if only to recover from the divorce he never expected and to provide distance between his teen-aged daughter and her mother.

Emma O'Connell has just provided the funds for the new bird sanctuary, but the peace Parker seeks is constantly interrupted by events that keep throwing him together with Emma, something he begins to see as a plus even as she welcomes his skills in healing the wounded birds brought
Amy
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was another sweet Christmas read that features a couple who are older and more mature as they are in their late 30's and early 40's. It was refreshing to read about that age and the author does a good job of showing their maturity in their lives.

Parker Davis is newly divorced and he and his 18 year old daughter have moved to Bluestone River for his new job of helping to set up a bird sanctuary. I don't normally like to read books about divorced people as the happily ever after is broken.
Connie Saunders
The Christmas Kiss has all of the things that I love: realistic characters; a small town setting; and a chance to celebrate Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas festivities as only a small town can. It also has romance but this isn't your typical romance novel. Parker and Emma are older, they both have been married, and they carry guilt and hurt from those marriages. They are seeking a new normal but neither one of them is looking for love.

'Sometimes his memories were like little swords
Olivia
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: other-reviews
THE CHRISTMAS KISS is a slow-building and more mature romance (the two people involved are a bit older). Parker is still recovering from his divorce when he moves to this small town to work at their non-profit conservancy and bird rescue. He brought along his 18-year-old daughter and is very ready to move on, as he had been disconnected from his ex-wife for a while before she cheated on him and left him.

Emma was married in the past and widowed. She is also recovering from an accident and
Liberty Ireland Historical Graffiti
Get ready for that warm, fuzzy, Christmasy love feeling folks because this book fairly oozes with it! That's right. This second instalment in the Bluestone River series brings Parker and Emma together at this perfect time of the year and it is nothing less than yummy. I adore this Heartwarming line as they are chock full of the feels without all that other 'stuff' to get in the way. This is my third this season and I have loved them all.
In The Christmas Kiss, Parker and Emma work together saving
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

What a sweet Christmas story! This is a bit of a change for me in a while. In The Christmas Kiss, Parker is divorced and Emma is still on the mends after surgery. Both a little more mature and apprehensive about a relationship, and I found Emma and Parker’s story very heartwarming. I already loved Emma from reading the first book in this series, and Parker grew on me the longer I read about him. I feel this author does a really nice job in developing the relationship
C.E. Hart
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a friends-to-more story, especially when it takes place at Christmastime! In The Christmas Kiss, Emma and Parker initially seem like an unlikely pair, but they both have good hearts and care about others.

I wasn’t sure if I’d like Parker at first. He seemed a bit ill-mannered for my taste, but he soon grew on me. I learned how he is a great dad, wanting to provide stabilization and a good home for his daughter, and how his past shaped his behavior.

Emma is good hearted and generous, and I
Hallie Szott
Dec 13, 2019 marked it as reviewed
After meeting Emma O’Connell in A Family for Jason, I was thrilled to find her at the center of her own romance—one set at Christmastime, no less. The Christmas Kiss is sweet and fun and full of holiday cheer, a nice addition to the Back to Bluestone River series.

Still recovering from his divorce, new-to-town single dad Parker Davis wants to focus on his job and his family this holiday season. Yet, as the director of Hidden Lake Bird Sanctuary, he must work with Emma—and despite their
Lynn Brooks
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A delightful holiday romance! THE CHRISTMAS KISS by Virginia McCullough is book two in the Back to Bluestone River series and centers around familiar character Emma and a new face in town.

Parker Davis catches a reader's eye from the start as a newly divorced father of one who is trying to settle into a new job as the holidays are quickly approaching for he and his daughter. He's fairly easy to like, even though he carries a bit of a chip on his shoulder here and there.

Emma O'Connell is familiar
Amy
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Kiss is the second installment from Virginia McCullough’s series, Back to Bluestone River. I loved the first book from the series, A Family for Jason, and this one does not disappoint. I do want to note that even though it is part of a series, I believe it can be read as a stand alone. I enjoyed getting to know Emma and Parker in this one. I thought the two were entertaining. I enjoyed the lessons learned in the story that we could all learn from.
I am giving The Christmas Kiss
Toth Jo-Ann
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
This is a story worth reading. I loved the way these two fell in love. It wasn't fast. It was gradual but not slow. Parker had a messy divorce and a 18 year old to think about. Emma was recovering from surgery. I really enjoyed the way Virgina drew you into tge story and had you wanting to be the private cheering squad for these two. I have a favourite scene what was yours? I can imagine it all in my head as I think about it happening, as they sing Christmas carols. Cool huh! Ivlook forward to ...more
Nicole Smith
Shelves: holiday
I really enjoyed this one. I'm glad to be visiting Bluestone River again. I love the small town feel of the book. I really loved Emma. She instantly had me hooked to her story. Now Parker I had to warm up to him. I was a little iffy about him in the beginning, but he had me won over by the end. I was intrigued about this book because they're creating a bird sanctuary. That part had me gobbling up the pages. This book has plenty of heart and feels.
Christine Hatfield
Nov 27, 2019
Billano Kawaii
Nov 27, 2019

• In Love by Christmas
  • Home for Christmas (Shores of Indian Lake #12)
  • A Child's Gift (Texas Rebels, #8)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Baby (The Sweetheart Ranch, #3)
  • Always the One
  • Keeping Her Close (A Pacific Cove Romance #3)
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • The Dating Charade
  • The Amish Marriage Bargain
  • Lassoed by the Would-Be Rancher: A Clean Romance (The Mountain Monroes Book 4)
  • All in Good Time
  • Deadly Christmas Pretense (Roughwater Ranch Cowboys #2)
  • The Wedding Dress Christmas (The Wedding Collection)
  • Abraham (The Petersheim Brothers #2)
  • The Camera Never Lies
  • My God Loves Me Bible
  • My Bedtime Bible Prayers
  • An Amish Christmas Bakery
A writer all her adult life, Virginia McCullough has had the opportunity to write the stories of her heart in her novels, including Girl in the Spotlight, the first book in her Two Moon Bay series for Harlequin Heartwarming. (Book 2 is scheduled for release in January 2018). Her award-winning romance and women’s fiction titles include The Jacks of Her Heart, Amber Light, Greta’s Grace, The Chapels ...more

Back to Bluestone River (2 books)
  • A Family for Jason (Back to Bluestone River #1)