Start by marking “Pixieland Diaries” as Want to Read:
Pixieland Diaries

Pixieland Diaries

(Pixieland Diaries #1)

"Never had this much fun while reading a book" - Diary of a Wannabe Writer
"Loved meeting this sassy, sweet-and-sour pixie and her nemesis/crush/dream" - Book Junkie Reads
"Sassy, cute and smart" - Michelle Meng’s Reviews

***WARNING***

If you don't like pixies, don't read this diary.

If you don't like loud-mouthed pixies who are really cool but sometimes get told they're immat
Published March 31st 2020 by Monster House Books

To ask other readers questions about Pixieland Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pixieland Diaries

Start your review of Pixieland Diaries
 CCAM&GZM
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Act mysterious – always
Be frivolous – never

Funny thing is that I wanted to start the review with a warning of my own but checking the blurb I had to give up... but... to follow Calla's example... I'll add a second warning anyway: If you don't want to like pixies, don't read this diary!

Now, both warnings were given and I can tell you that the "diary format" was used before here and there, but in this case, C.Bauer nailed it!
I, Calla, do hereby seriously promise to fully describe each eent
ReadingInPyjamas
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pixieland Diaries is the first book I've read by Christina Bauer and it was a very enjoyable and easy to follow story. The blurb intrigued me a lot because I love fae tales and I'm happy I got the chance to read it.

The writing style is unique and as the title suggests this book is exactly that, a diary. The story is told from Calla's point of view. She narrates her adventures and let me tell you.. she's one badass pixie, she always gets into trouble and now she finds herself exiled because of he
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
i loved Calla

I said it once, now I am willing to say it again. Meeting Calla was just what I needed and on a bigger scale than the first time I meet her in her sampler. Call was even more laugh out loud fun. She was still the sassy, sweet -and-sour pixie that I meet in back in January. I found that with this one I got a much larger dose. I loved her. She was fun. She was mouthy. She was sassy. Meeting Dare was just as pleasant and I had imagined it to be. I could fully get Calla's side of thing
Wendy
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Christina is an author of many stories. From multiple dimensions in the Drift Series, to shifters and wizards in the Fairytales from the Magicorum. And now pixies, yay! Where the Drift Series are somewhat hard to follow (maybe my mind isn't prepared for the dystopian stories), Pixieland Diaries is very easy to follow. It is the diary of bad ass pixie Calla, who is up to no good. (She would probably be best friends with Harry Potter). She is a powerful pixie who likes to pull pranks.
However, her
Andrea Thompson
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Calla is everything. Everything I love about the idea of a pixie and then some. Reading her diary was a laugh riot and a totally amazing adventure. If you need a pick-me-up story right now, this is it!
Kate Church
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this book in exchange for a honest review. This is the first book about pixies that i have read. It is well written and the characters well described. I highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone. I absolutely enjoyed the main character Calla. This book gripped my attention from the first page. It is a really good book. I can not wait to read more by this author. This story will get your attention quickly.
chelle reads
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sassy, cute and smart. The fantasy lovers will enjoy this one as they follow adventures and the action. Highly recommended!
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the YA Bound Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Pixieland Diaries by Christina Bauer is a whimsical tale of what life for a faeling is. I had some high exceptions for this book, and it met all of them.
Will Calla be able to save Pixieland?
Calla
Calla is our main character that is born to human parents who live near ley lines, so she happens to be a fairy. She is a whimsical character that I love
Seanean
May 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Calla is a faeling. This means that she has human parents who abandoned her because she was born with magic. She was born with magic because her parents lived just a little too close to the realm of Pixieland.

So, being "just" a faeling means that Calla has been fostered by the fae, raised by the fae, taught by the fae, but she doesn't have the evil intentions her parents hold dear and all she really wants to do is play pranks on others.

Well... that and stare at Darius "Dare" the Winter Court's h
Renee
Aug 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Pixieland Diaries begins a charming, sassy series told in a “diary-style” of writing. While I’m not a huge reader of Fantasy or YA, there was something about the combination of that cover and the description that kept drawing me back time and time again. Perhaps a bit of pixie magic at work, who knows, but I had fun with Calla’s story and that really is the point of any story I read.

Calla is a faeling, a pixie born to human parents who ends up in the pixie realm with
Aishwarya Arun Kumar
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pixieland Diaries by #christinabauer is a hilarious read that you'll all love the minute you start reading it. From delightful characters to a unique writing style, this book was written in the form of a series of diary entries by Calla, the pixie.
Calla is a prankster who hardly takes anything in her life seriously. She's always running pranks at the royals of the court like shaving their heads off. Pixies are supposed to be mean and evil but Calla always plays a prank to make the elves realize
Have Coffee Need Books
Pixieland Diaries is so adorably cute. In my reading notes, I wrote: imagine if in the old movie Clueless Cher were a Pixie.

That is Calla. She is kind-hearted, if not a bit selfish. But she is just a fifteen--almost sixteen-year-old, five-foot-tall, pink hair, violet-eyed prankster, who isn't good at being as evil as she is supposed to be. Her heart is a little too troubled by unfairness and iniquity of the old council buggers, determining so much of her life for her when she is so young and wi
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Pixieland Diaries tells the story of a pixie, Calla as she writes the day to day things that are happening in her life as told in her own words in her dairy. Calla is a smart, funny, witty, sweet and sassy pixie.

She likes to pull pranks all the time. Her mouth is always getting her in trouble. She can be mean at times. But she is can also be so sweet. Calla doesn’t like hurting pixies or humans but she will if the situation calls for it.

Calla likes to play jokes on people so much that she is o
Inga Lady Of Bookland
First of all I must admit that I was disappointed because synopsis of this book was very misleading. I wanted to read this book because it promised hate-to-love trope between pixie and a elf prince, who got her exiled of Pixieland and banished to Erth to attend high school. But that was NOT what happened at all. Because this was a friends-to-lovers kind of story, where the pixie Calla got herself kicked out of Pixieland, and she was kind of not only crushing but even obsessed with her friend - e ...more
Sharon
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In these crazy times, I was glad I chose to read this cute and zany read about a pixie prankster named Calla.

Calla is trouble with a capital T, but she has a soft heart and needs to fake some evil so the Elven High Council doesn't give her another big lecture on another one of her silly pranks such as transforming the council's shampoo into hair remover. Not listening to good advice, she ends up destroying the castle owned by her arch-nemesis, Lazare and she is exiled from Pixieland and thrown i
Mrs. Kenyon
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-audiobooks
Calla is a faeling. She was born to human parents who spent a great deal of time near ley lines and the result was a fairy child. She has been raised by Poppa and Muti and they hope she will one day become a regular fae. There aren’t many faelings. The only other faeling lived for 1,000’s of years and recently died. Faelings are known for their soft hearts, so Calla has to fake her evil and she does this with constant pranks. After a prank gone wrong gets her banished into the ley lines, Calla q ...more
Carrie
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
In these times of seriousness and chaos in the outside world, this book was exactly what I needed. It was a super quick and easy read, filled with silliness and triumph over evil!

Calla is a pixie who just can't help herself when there is the opportunity to play a prank, no matter what the cost. One such prank puts her over her limit and ends with her being trapped in pixie weirdo blue prison. That doesn't keep a good pixie down, especially one with ley line powers. There are quests, love triangl
Elayne
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Such a cute (not) Pixie growing up with 2 extremely elderly parents inside an acorn - but she has change her size dramatically to fit in. Yes, this Pixie can be multiple sizes. And she is caught up in the usual wars between Fairy Courts, PixieLand and and others of the Fae persuasion.
She is now coming into her majority - which is quite young, but she has been training for more time than others realise and has some very interesting abilities - including being able to manipulate Ley lines. And she
Miju Rahman
Mar 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I sincerely thank Netgalley and the publisher for letting me review this book even though I didn't end up loving it. You wanted an honest review, so here it is:

I have been liking this book from the start. I was interested in a story about a pixie and an elf-prince being in love. But that is not what we get. We get her trying to be a mean pixie and causing a lot of trouble. I don't really see the reason behind the trouble she causes. She keeps saying in her diary that she has human parents but I
Jesse Ruth (Oracleofmadness)
Calla is a sassy Pixie whose pranks have gotten her in trouble. The cover art really expresses Calla’s personality perfectly and is one of the reasons I requested this book from Netgalley.
This was such a fun read! I had a blast following Calla on her amazing adventures. The world is currently going through a difficult time and this was a breath of fresh air for me. I needed some Calla in my life!
I cannot recommend this book more! Coming out very soon and I suggest everyone makes room for Pixie
Monster House Books
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Calla is an independent gal with her own ideas about how to fix the world with pranks and magic. She's got snark, sass, and the ability to conjure creatures like my little Bunny-saurus. Oh, there's also an elf prince in there because ROMANCE. LOL fun and a well-rounded heroine to boot... don't miss the PIXIELAND DIARIES! ...more
Anna Fox
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Since this is fantasy instead of Sci Fi it took me longer to get into it than it usually takes me to get into Ms. Bauer's books. However, I ended up enjoying it significantly and look forward to others in the series. I liked the characters and the story line.

Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley for my eARC in exchange for an honest review.
Jo
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is a lot of fun, with plenty of laugh-out-loud moments. Am I the target audience for Pixieland? Doubtful. But I liked it anyway. Was it as good as Angelbound? Not in my opinion. YMMV.

Last thing. Now I really really want a bunny-saurus...

*ARC via netgalley in exchange for my agreement to post an honest, unbiased review*
Twyla
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This books was a complete surprise. I absolutely loved it. I was unsure about the concept of diary instead of chapters but it made a world of difference in a good way. It was a fun quick read. it kept you guessing and took unexpected turns. I will 100% read the next one or any others in this series. Highly recommend.
Vanessa
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is one of the most creative books I've read in a while!

It was fun and just made you feel happy while reading it!

#PIXIELANDDIARIES #NetGalley
Brandi Wolfertz
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is one of the most creative books I've read in a while! It was fun and just made you feel happy while reading it! I absolutely loved Calla and all of her fun pranks and just her outlook throughout the whole book. It was refreshing to read and had me laughing every page! ...more
Amy
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

Cute story. I will admit the diary format got a little old after a bit, but the story itself was cute and the ending was unexpected. I had a little confusion with the Dare/Darius thing, but then the author explained it.
John Piper
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! Great writing, dialog, action and storyline! Christina is a talented author with a gift for creating awesome worlds in her books! I definitely recommend checking this book out!
Ronni Adams
Jul 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I found Calla to be a wonderful character, full of mischievous energy & gumption. The fact that this boom was in diary form, I found, drew you further into the story & the obstacles she has to get through.
Looking forward to seeing what the next book will bring.
Goodreads Librari...: Cover Update 3 13 Jan 15, 2020 04:48AM
Goodreads Librari...: connect book in a series 3 14 Jan 12, 2020 06:36PM

• Yes No Maybe So
  • Scars and Sins (Brooklyn Brothers #2)
  • Panic (Mass Hysteria, #1)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Willa's Grove
  • Ten Seconds to Dead (Ten Seconds, #1)
  • The Rithmatist (The Rithmatist, #1)
  • Cowboy for Hire (Wishing River, #2)
  • Julius
  • Arctic Bite (Forgotten Brotherhood, #2)
  • The Twin
  • Black Coffee, Biscotti & Murder (Dying for a Coffee Cozy Mystery Book 4)
  • In Between (Katie Parker Productions, #1)
  • World's Greatest Cities: A Journey Through the Most Dynamic and Fascinating Cities in the World
  • Kies voor haar (Full Moon #3)
  • Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2)
  • Back To You
  • Tasty Love (Bookstore Love, #2)
Christina Bauer thinks that fantasy books are like bacon: they just make life better. All of which is why she writes romance novels that feature demons, dragons, wizards, witches, elves, elementals, and a bunch of random stuff that she brainstorms while riding the Boston T. Oh, and she includes lots of humor and kick-ass chicks, too. Christina lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi-in ...more

Pixieland Diaries (3 books)
  • Calla