Start by marking “It's Not PMS, It's You” as Want to Read:
It's Not PMS, It's You

It's Not PMS, It's You

Ruth “Ruthless” Harper is on the verge of becoming managing partner at her all-male consulting firm and she won’t let anything stand in her way. That includes men, relationships, and that dreaded F word, FEELINGS—distractions she eliminated long ago.

After the worst day ever (a near-death experience and a public wedgie, for starters), Ruth realizes she doesn’t want to liv
Published October 31st 2019

To ask other readers questions about It's Not PMS, It's You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Not PMS, It's You

Start your review of It's Not PMS, It's You
DJ Sakata
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-comedy
Favorite Quotes:

…like me, she wouldn’t take crap from male colleagues who thought they could do or say whatever they wanted just because they were packing two olives and a cocktail weenie in their shorts.

Stewart was right next to him, a cocky grin on his face like he had just found out his penis was two inches long instead of one.

Run, you fool! There’s a chance you are going to be killed! Never call a woman wedgie girl!

There are certain things that women ask men that are problematic and have to
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tour, humour, romance
I really enjoyed this romantic comedy. I was laughing from the first chapter and when I read the author's comments that the situation in that chapter was based on a real event in his wife's life, I laughed even more. Don't get me wrong, this is not just a comedy, there are some very serious issues dealt with in this book as well.

Ruth Harper is a woman who is quite happy with her life. She is a workaholic, single and driven to move up in her company. She has one friend, Dee, who also happens to
Darce
Eh. I really don’t know how I feel about this one!

On one hand we had the brilliantly written and wonderful snark and sass of the MC who didn’t let anyone get in her way, owning her life and showing guys that women are just as capable as men, especially in the first half of the book.
But on the other hand I didn’t really like our love interest that much, he kinda annoyed me and was surprisingly judgy. I also got slightly annoyed when our MC changed for him, like I get that she ‘changed for the
Nursebookie
Oh my goodness!!! What a fantastic 5 star read!!

How does Rich Amooi do it - writing a woman's voice who is strong, confident and powerful. I absolutely loved this Rom/Com and kept me smiling the entire time I was reading this.

You will absolutely find yourself rooting for Ruthless Ruth the entire time - she is passionate and is absolutely kicking it at her consulting firm ran by men and on her way up to making partner.

Just like her success in her profession, she sees that making a business pla
Zsa Zsa
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
My Only comment is a guy wrote this book, just an interesting fact.
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
Do we think I can get through at least one review of Amooi’s books without gushing?? Erm…that would be a big fat NO! How can I not?! If you have read my other reviews of his books you will I am constantly applauding the way he can get into a woman’s head. He just well gets its! In his latest book, it is no different! And I am so excited to be one of the bloggers to kick off the tour!!

I always get a book hangover from his books, they make me feel so happy and they are always about finding a happy
Rachel Gilbey
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Before even the end of the first chapter I was laughing my head off.

There is just something about Ruth and some of the embarrassing situations she gets herself into that are just so so amusing. Then again, really early on, there was a moment of high drama that shows that the author isn't just great with comedy, he can really amp up the adrenaline too.

That being said don't read the opening chapters on a plane if you are a nervous flyer!

I love Nick and Ruth, they are fabulous, complete and utte
Lisa Mandina
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've really become a fan of this author after the last two that I read and loved. And let's just say I'm not getting any younger instead of talking about how I'm getting older, three years away from 50 as of this past October. So the title and of course synopsis of this one called to me. It still makes me feel old to have a character that is 45 years old with an adult daughter like Nick has, but I guess it's only true! Now, while I may not be quite the workaholic that Ruth is, I definitely get w ...more
Snow
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was funny, romantic and sweet...and pretty PG...LOL

I was honestly surprised how much I enjoyed it without the explicit sex...LOL

(damn, I must not be feeling right...)

anyway, it's smth you'll enjoy no matter the preference *wink*
Caitlyn Lynch
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OK, I’m gonna call it; I’ve finally found the unicorn. The male author who can write a romance novel and make the heroine believable and funny. Not only that but in Ruth Harper, Rich Amooi has created a genuinely relatable heroine; Ruth is brilliant, successful, driven and beautiful - and a hot mess in her personal life. A professional perfectionist workaholic, she’s 45 and just starting to realize she’s letting life pass her by in her race to the top. Meeting Nick, a landscape gardener who’s de ...more
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn't expect to love this story as much as I would! ...more
Debbie
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 rounded up to 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed this. This is a new author for me, and it was a delight to find that the content lives up to the clever, attention-grabbing title.

A go-getter with a major Type A personality, Ruth Harper is tough and ruthless enough to survive and thrive in her competitive, testosterone-heavy work environment. Her company expects all its employees to sacrifice their social lives to chase bigger and more lucrative company acquisitions, which they quickly dismantle and
Dash fan
4☆ A Laugh Out loud, Endearing Romance!

I have to say that this books opening chapter has to be one of my favourites. It had me laughing out loud and grimacing all at the same time!
Just to give you a lil insight.... it involves... a spin class, a wedgie and a hunky stranger!

Ruth is a headstrong workaholic who knows what she wants, isn't afraid to go get it and don't let any man intimidate her.
But one thing is missing and that's a boyfriend.

So she decides to go jump right in on the dating scene,
Verginia
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can't stop laughing

I don't usually leave reviews. Normally I read Recency Romance, Highlander Romance, etc.etc. I came across this book by accident and thought what had I got to lose ?...I can always stop reading.... Right? I was caught after the first page. A wonderfully written romantic comedy. I love the characters. In my mind I became Ruth !!!! What a great different genre for me. Do yourself a favor and take a step back from worries and read this. Rich Amooi, is now one of my favorite autho
❤ Bibi ❤
Here it is..... a romcom with people who aren't in their 20s, who just happen to stumble upon the dream job and dream guy. This one is about what life is more often like. About what happens if you invest 10 years of your life in one thing, only to one day realise it's no longer everything you want.

The plot is a nice pace, and the characters are quirky and relatable. The audio narration is great.

Definitely recommend for a quick and easy read / listen.
Mary
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2020
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I absolutely adored this story and urge those looking for a little romance with a smattering of comedy to treat themselves to this delicious read. 😊
Shabana Mukhtar
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
I watched the author interview on one of the many YouTube channels I follow, sans subscription, though. It is indeed a surprise that a man can write romantic comedies and thrive. Of the many titles Rich has written, this one stood out for obvious reasons.

The beginning grips you as the two main characters run into each other at a gym in a rather uncomfortable and funny situation.

And, thus begins an emotional and funny story. I loved how Rich expresses emotions. Each chapter is detailed and pace
ItaPixie
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

This was such an enjoyable,entertaining and also thoughts provoking read.

Ruth and Nick have opposite personalities, they are like the yin and the yang.She is a ruthless,stressed workaholic. He is a relaxed, exterior designer who always takes time for himself. Ruth hires Nick to fix up her her backyard and the chemistry between them is clear since their first encounter even if the situation is also pretty funny. They are opposites but both of them miss Love in their lives and maybe this will be

Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
Kim Cabanting
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every time I start a book by Amooi, I know a few things will happen....I'll laugh, I'll fall in love with the characters, I'll be sad when the book is done, and I'll have a major book hangover. The characters are a little corny but oh so lovable. This story was no different. It might be my favorite of his thus far (I say that every time I read his books because its always true). ...more
Michelle K
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was SUCH a cute and hilarious romance story! I loved it so much and cannot wait to check out more stories by this author. It was so good!!

Nadwa
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This was such a delightful and refreshing book. I’ve been so frustrated with misleading so-called “romantic comedies” lately it was a pleasure to come across this title. Ruth the “Ruthless” was badass, original, and hilarious. I’d read all day from her POV and I’m pretty sure i’ll enjoy every second. Obviously this says a lot about the author’s writing style; they had a great sense of humor and it was such a pleasant surprise! I appreciate good sarcasm since it’s not that often you come across i
Barbara Tobey
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This story put a smile on my face from beginning to end. A delightful way to spend several hours. The author provided a copy because he wanted to do something nice for nurses during this pandemic. I am privileged to be friends with one, so he gave us both a book. Thanks so much for introducing me to your entertaining, enjoyable and engaging writing. I look forward to reading more of your work.
Shruti
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021, 2020

Just the perfect breather that I needed.

Very different from the usual romcoms mainly because of the age of the lead characters - mid forties. Which brought about a kind of maturity and sensibility to the story given how they were already successful in their professional lives and had some idea of their own selves . Unlike the romance stories about the people in their 20s or 30s where they are in college or just starting a new job and figuring out their place in the world.

So with the age lendin
Brenda Brandon
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was so much fun to read! Enjoyed it from start to finish... and that it was a male who wrote it was amazing.. he nailed the female character perfectly!
Samantha
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was amazing! I laughed my whole way through the book!
Jena Henry
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to be honest, I did not like the title of this book. Although after reading and loving the whole story, perhaps it is a bit tongue-in-cheek. But still. Moving on from the title, everything about this book is fun, entertaining, positive, encouraging and a pleasure and a joy to read. Mr. Amooi’s bio on Amazon tells us that he writes Quirky Romantic Comedies from a Guy's Perspective.

So, let’s dive into this charmer, with a quick recap. The character pictured on the cover of the book is Ruth
Penelope
I found It’s Not PMS, It’s You! a delightfully positive and sweet novel. I rarely give 5*.

I have now read 3 Rich Amooi novels. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect with It’s Not PMS, It’s You, even though I enjoyed his previous stories. :) In “It’s Not PMS, It’s You!” the main female character, Ruth, is a smart, very focused, successful woman working in a tense and highly pressured business setting approaching that final rung at the top of her employers’ corporate “ladder.” While returning from a
Sandra Wilson
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laughter and Love ❤️ a great combination! I really enjoyed reading this book!
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read one of Rich Amooi books, There’s Something About A Cowboy, earlier this year and I just enjoyed it so much that when I saw the title for this one, I was just like ‘yes I must read that!’ After reading it’s not PMS it’s you, he is definitely one of my must read rom-com authors now.

Ruth is a workaholic who doesn’t care much about anything else but getting to the top and staying there. After a near death experience she decides she wants someone in her life. Her friend/assistant Dee helps her

• Sooo Not Looking For a Man
  • The Move (The Creek Water Series, #2)
  • The Event (The Creek Water Series, #1)
  • #No Filter
  • The Italian
  • Bundle of Love (Long Valley, #4)
  • Faker
  • The Plan (The Creek Water Series, #3)
  • Five Day Fiancé (Brewer Brothers #3)
  • Down Too Deep (Dirty Deeds, #4)
  • Insatiable Bachelor (Bachelor Tower #1)
  • Dreams of 18
  • The Ex Girlfriend
  • Hating the Boss
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Accidentally Married (Married, #1)
  • A Gingerbread Romance
  • The Dream (The Creek Water Series, #4)
Rich Amooi is a Taleflick Discovery Winner, Readers' Favorite Gold Medal Recipient, Holt Medallion Finalist, and the Amazon Bestselling author of 17 romantic comedies, including It's Not PMS, It's You, Dying to Meet You, There's Something About a Cowboy, and Madam Love, Actually.

A former radio personality and wedding DJ, Rich now writes romantic comedies full-time in San Diego, California, and is

News & Interviews

Nature, in Her infinite awesomeness, can provide solace even when you’re stuck in the house. As a matter of fact, the numbers suggest that...