Start by marking “Her Hidden Past (Rosemary Run #2)” as Want to Read:
Her Hidden Past (Rosemary Run #2)

Her Hidden Past

(Rosemary Run #2)

Bea Hughes had put the past behind her. Until an anonymous caller phoned to say they knew what she'd done. To make matters worse, Bea suspects someone else in the house was listening in on the line.

Fearful she's been found out and desperate to keep her family together, Bea must identify and silence the person who stands in the way of her happiness.

Should she confess after
Published October 7th 2019 by Standards of Starlight

To ask other readers questions about Her Hidden Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Hidden Past

Start your review of Her Hidden Past (Rosemary Run #2)
Cathy
Dec 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Waste of my time

What a truly implausible, underdeveloped story line. The characters were hollow, dialog and story development lacked depth. The end was so abrupt and fake, it was as if the author had decided on how long to write and when the timer went off she ended the book.
Dylan
Jan 05, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, suspense
Omg. WhatdidIjustread.

Seriously.

This book was so poorly written, the characters so shallow, that I kept wondering if I should just abandon it. What stopped me was that it's a very, very quick read. I finished it in one afternoon. I would hate to add a DNF at the beginning of the year.

The plot was completely implausible. None of the character's actions made any sense.

This book was a Kindle freebie, and it goes to show, some of them aren't worth paying for.
Jen
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
I thought this book was just OK. It centers around Bea, the mayor's wife in a small Northern California town, who did something bad 10 years ago and lives in constant fear of it being exposed. She starts getting threats from an unknown source to expose her secret to the world. There is also a side story around Bea's relationship with her husband as well as another man with whom she has had a relationship in the past.

I liked the storyline in general, and there was some mystery, but I didn't get
Nancy
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling Twists

I enjoy Kelly Utt's writing style and easy plot transitions. Even the twists are plausible. Twice, I thought I knew who was releasing the videos and both times I was wrong, then during the final plot twist, my heart sank when I thought I solved the case, and was again wrong. I really enjoyed this book.
Linda M Chapman
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good, easy read.

I thought I knew how the this book was going to end but boy was I wrong! Loved the surprise!
Karon
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprising ending

A very short few days for all the happenings in the story. Made it hard to set down, but had to sleep. Lies, deception and love yes a great story line.
Stephanie Hall
Jan 27, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just dreadful. Would not recommend. Cannot believe I read to the end. Guess I hoped it might redeem itself.
Chris Hellerman
Ehh...nice read....

It was ok. More of a teenage romance story. Relationships don't happen over night so ehhhh but not to bad a of a book
Carrie Martin
Lovely cover and decent elements/ideas, but didn't quite flow. Unbelievable, flip-flopping actions/motives and thought processes, I think.
Lynette Buff O'Donnell
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I never read this author before, but it was terrific!!! I read it all in one setting, couldn't put it down. Highly recommend this book to anyone who likes thrillers/mysteries/love stories. I was slightly disappointed with the ending, it seemed rather flat after reading the rest of the book, but I will be looking for other books by this author.
Jacqueline
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Another amazing story

I'm used to reading M/M romance books but have to say that I have never read one that affected me quite as much as this one has since my first ever M/M romance.

Reading Noah's story was a refreshing change to what I have been reading lately yet again Anne has made very easy characters to identify with, and yet again has handled a tough subject one she had never written before and didn't think she had the ability to do justice to. Well I can tell you now Anne you have done
Penney Birchfield
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cool story!!

I certainly did not see that ending coming, well done!! Looking forward to reading more from this talented young woman.
Carolyn Schafer
Jan 13, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of the worst books I've ever read. It was poorly written, with noticeable mistakes. A flimsy book that you could easily skim. In fact, reading into the details just made it worse as the author was trying too hard. The storyline is not well thought out. It combines several ideas and tries to tie them together without success. The book was boring, and far too simple to be a thriller. It also wrapped up the story in the last couple pages. Read the first and last chapter and you've read the ...more
Ginny
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
June
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was a quick start and got my attention from the beginning, which I like. It held my interest all the way through, but the ending came fast and somewhat unexciting almost like it was a joke. Like, seriously? That's it? All in all, it was for me a solid 4 stars, a better ending would have topped it off.
Dee Cash
Good Short Book

This is a good short book for a rainy afternoon. I enjoy a book with a surprise ending. I had this one figured out a short way in except for one part of it. It's always nice to be surprised.
Jeanette
Jan 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
This is not a thriller. Its a drawn out rambling of sentences scrambled together to form something of a story. If it eventually becomes a thriller, color me shocked. I couldnt trudge through anymore of the weak, plot line. ...more
Elaine A.
I gave this book 3 stars because of the vigilante approach in handling the sex offender when astrong, able-bodied companion was available to assist in restraining that individual. I understand the moral outrage (as a mother myself) but felt a normal person would have called for help not taken matters to the extreme. Characters were outstanding: dysfunctional family relationships/dynamics that were well written. Was the ending a little contrived, well you decide... ...more
Scarolet Ellis
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Her Hidden Past by Kelly Utt is an awesome story to read. This is book number two in this awesome series that I have loved reading from the begining. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about thrillers and suspense.

Dona McEnelly
Bad ending

I read a previous book and enjoyed it. This one kept my attention but the ending was just plain awful. Did it really have to come down to that? Ill not read another book by her for fear of that happening again. Im not a prude, but really??
Sharon
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I forgot I had this book and didnt find it till after I had read book 3, but I dove straight into this book as was not disappointed. I loved this book just as much as I did book 3! This is an author that has easily made it to my must watch list so I can read other books from her in the future. Her writing style is brilliant and easy to follow as she brings the plot, the scenery and the characters to life. Once again keeping me on the edge of my seat at times as I read this book in one sitting.

I
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-2019, thriller
Good Pacing and Characters

I love a good psychological thriller, though I do not read them often enough. Something about this one just appealed to me, and I'm glad I decided to pick it up. Pacing is so vital in any thriller, and this author did it just right. I was pulled in immediately with the prologue, and the author expertly dialed up the tension and then brought it back over and over, just the way I like it for a book like this. This author is new to me, and I am happy to have discovered
L doyle
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read.

Loved the fast paced storyline. I found the finish didn't do the story justice. I found the finish too weak.The storyline was great.I was disappointed with the ending.I felt it would have been better if it was expanded.
Anna Weber
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great writing

A fascinating passion is reflected in this novel, giving the characters a depth which left me wanting more and thinking about the plot and characters long after the last lines were read.
Pat Raymer
Dec 27, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To be fair after 35% I couldn't stand any more and skimmed through the rest. It was just to painful. The characters are unrealistic, shallow and unlikable. The story is ridiculous and unbelievable. It's rare that I don't find anything to like about a book but this is one of those times.
Marian Cox
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good reading

I have enjoyed these first two books in series. They are good quick reads. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
LINETTE DEE
Easy read

I felt as if I was reading a script for the Lifetime movie of the week and definitely not in a bad way. I enjoyed following Bea's journey through a rough time. Nice easy read without a bunch of complicated plot twists.
Heather Wamboldt
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Secrets from the past...

Her Hidden Past is the second book in the Rosemary Run series. This is a suspenseful psychological thriller that engages your attention from the first and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The storyline is well written, fast-paced, intense, and dramatic as Bea tries to find out who knows her secret.

I am looking forward to reading more of this series.
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Lewis Paul
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Follow-Up
This is the second in the Rosemary Run series and I enjoyed it even more than the first. The characters struck a chord with me and resonated throughout the story. Its fast-paced, suspenseful and of course, its full of twists and turns! If you thrive on dramatic tension and edge of your seat thrills, this is for you! Our protagonist, Bea, is quite a colorful character and paints herself into some exciting, unusual, and dramatic situations. Dont miss it!
Pat Eroh
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing story by one of my favorite authors. This story has Bea wondering who knows her secrets and who is listening! This story will keep you reading with lots of action and a compelling story.

• Almost Gone (The Au Pair—Book One)
  • A Frayed Web
  • Wrath of the Sister
  • Fatal Lies (Lies #2)
  • Doppelgänger
  • I Know Your Every Move (Sophie Brown, #1)
  • It Began With a Lie (Secrets of Redemption #1)
  • The Secrets We Keep
  • The Girl Who Ran Away (A McClintock-Carter Crime Thriller #4; The Girl Who Ran Trilogy #1)
  • No Place to Vanish (Murder in the Keys, #2)
  • The Actress (Rita Farmer Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mind's Eye
  • Stolen Son
  • Russia Girl (A Natalia Nicolaeva Thriller #1)
  • The Hunted (Detective Amanda Lacey #3)
  • She's Missing
  • Remnants (Brandon Fisher FBI, #6)
  • The Controller (Detective Amanda Lacey #1)
Kelly Utt writes emotional, pulse-pounding fiction for readers who enjoy both suspense and sentimentality. She was born in Youngstown, Ohio in 1976.

Kelly grew up with a dad who would read a book on a weighty topic, ask her to read it, too, and then insist they discuss it together, igniting her passion for life's big questions. That passion is often reflected in Kelly's novels, giving them a depth

Rosemary Run (6 books)
  • Her Deepest Fear (Rosemary Run, #1)
  • Her Boldest Lie (Rosemary Run #3)
  • Her Darkest Hour (Rosemary Run #4)
  • Her Buried Secret (Rosemary Run #5)
  • Her Worst Mistake (Rosemary Run #6)