Start by marking “The Romeo Effect (Cupids #3)” as Want to Read:
The Romeo Effect (Cupids #3)

The Romeo Effect

(Cupids #3)

The King of Meet-Cutes is about to meet his match! Discover the hot and hilarious new stand-alone romantic comedy from USA Today bestselling author, Lila Monroe!

Seth Harding is a real-life cupid. If you get trapped in an elevator with a handsome stranger, or stranded on a moonlit cruise with the man of your dreams, chances are, it’s not fate bringing the two of you
Kindle Edition
Published January 28th 2020 by Lila Monroe Books

To ask other readers questions about The Romeo Effect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Romeo Effect

Start your review of The Romeo Effect (Cupids #3)
Ambriehl Khalil
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
[3.5/5 Stars]

Heck. I wanted to like this so much more than I did, I'm sad. The cover is so cute and the whole idea and description was so appealing, I just had to read it asap. The book was fine, decent and quite cute, but it just was also kinda 'meh' and there wasn't too much that was memorable about it. The characters were good but I didn't feel a huge connection between them. In general this was fine but it wasn't my favourite, ya know? I think others will really love this, though. It just
Meredith
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
The Romeo Effect is another charming, light-hearted and sexy rom-com in the Cupid's series by Lila Monroe. I've read a few of her romantic comedies now, and I always enjoy them immensely. She perfectly blends the humor in her stories with a fun plot filled with plenty of heart and heat. Her rom-coms never fail to entertain me, sweep me off my feet and make me smile from ear to ear.

Seth is a modern-day Cyrano who orchestrates meet-cutes for romantically challenged men and women. When a young
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
‘I always thought that when I met the right guy, everything would just fall into place. Simple. Easy.’

April is a talented owner/operator florist and would love to make it onto a coveted wedding supplier list. It would be the turning point for her to gain some much needed traction in the competitive market of floristry.

Whilst pondering what she can do over a coffee she literally bumps into a man, ending with her having coffee all herself and him lending her his shirt. He also offers her his
Anusha
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute..
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When a gorgeous guy comes into her flower shop and flirts with her, April is more than ready to end her dry spell with him. Unfortunately, Seth doesn't seem to really be into her because he leaves without asking for a date. But when April keeps seeing him pop up nearby, she's suspicious. Turns out he's a meet-cute arranger, a love manipulator, and his client IS into her. Too bad April is only into Seth...

The Romeo Effect is so charming and cute and the banter between Seth and April is witty
ItaPixie
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

The Romeo Effect was a nice,funny and enjoyable read.

Seth and April met for the first time in her flower shop and in the following days she kept seeing him around her neighborhood.She is an hopeless romantic and she thought it was fate they kept encounter each other like that but maybe there is a certain someone who is pulling the strings here.
I liked the main characters and I was really curious to know if and how they would have get their happily ever after.

The worst thing about Lila monroe's

Rmsooon
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
I thought i would like it but i ddnt it wasnt good at all .. i gave it 1.5 out of 5
BookAddict
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is another charming, engaging, hilarious romcom from a writer I’ve come to trust with my romantic heart to provide a swoony hero, a strong, feisty heroine, and a storyline that sweeps me off my feet. I loved the previous books in this series, but I think Seth and April are my favorite. The King of Meet-Cute meets the Queen of Flowers, and their story is spectacular.

Seth Harding is a speechless Cyrano, orchestrating first meetings for Romeos and Rome-ettes, giving fate and destiny a nudge to
Kari Hansen
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
April is intrigued and attracted to the sexy stranger who came into her floral shop, but she is beginning to wonder who he is and that there is more to the situation than coincidence.

Seth has created quite the business where he helps arrange a casual meeting between his clients and the people they are attracted to. He helps ensure they have the best possible chance for success by finding out information about the person they are interested in and the rest is up to them.

Things are about to get
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
I love Lila Monroe's writing. The Romeo Effect is perfect to set the mood for this Valentine season. Seth is all for love. But for himself, I was not sure he really deep down knew what it was about excepts for the hearts and flowers. Until April....

I loved that April was all for trying with her date with a certain doctor. But I was happy and excited to see the sparks fly between her and Seth. There was a little of push and shove in the sense of understanding what is happening between these two.
Thuy Taylor
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
April works really hard at building her business up to where she wants it to be. She is on this weird dating streak. She encounters Seth, she is enamoured by him, but there meet up is definitely not by accident. "Meet Cutes" are his specialty and he was hired by a client to help him with his meet cute with April. But, April is messing up all his meet cutes, she's not exactly allowing the meet cutes, cute......

He's never really failed at a "mission" but he is currently and slowly falling for his
Libby Harrison
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
The first 30% was good and then it got boring and dragged.
Dayang
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it

This a classic story of falling in love unexpectedly.

Lila Monroe is one of my faves. Her books are always mood-boosters, and this one is no different.

I'm sure you've already read the blurb so I won't repeat that here...

It's a light and easy read. Sexy, funny and swoony all rolled into one. It's something you'd want to read and escape to after a long day.
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
Another great rom-com from this talented author.

I'm always amazed at how Lila Monroe manages to produce something new and fresh each time. April and Seth are both eminently likeable characters, a little 'caricatured' but that's part of what I love about the books. So many rom-coms rely on improbable events and unrealistic plot devices for humour. That can't be said of The Romeo Effect. It won't have you busting a rib laughing, instead it has a warm, gentle humour that is mixed with great
Michele McMullen
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
The Romeo Effect is another RomCom hit for Lila ! This is the third book in the series and I just love these characters!
Seth is a Meet Cute Master and April is a flower shop owner that has become his next target for a client . What happens when the meet cute guru is found out and now his plan is foiled !!??
April soon discovers that the handsome man she met in her flower shop this morning was on a recon mission but she is too sly for this game. She does not want his client she is much more
Erin Lewis
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Star Review of The Romeo Effect (Cupids #3) by Lila Monroe

Seth Harding is the man behind the scenes, the puppet master if you will.

What happens though when the man he is helping turns out to be Mr. Wrong and Seth himself may well be Mr. Right?

There is so much initially not to like about Seth, he is cynical and at times not very likeable whilst also being attractive and magnetic.

Can the sparks and chemistry between Seth and April lead to something meaningful?

I loved April and Seth grew on
Susan McClintock
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful read! This is the third book in the Cupid series. Seth is a professional “Cupid,” he sets up “meet-cutes” to help his clients meet their crushes. Seth is batting 1000, until his client, Pediatric Dr. James, wants to meet florist April. Problem is, April doesn’t have sparks with the Doctor, but has major sparks with Seth. This is a funny, sweet story with really likable characters. I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review.
Badass Bloggettes
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Seth Harding is a matchmaker. People hire him to clear the way for them by creating a situation to connect with a person with whom they want a relationship but cannot seem to close the deal. Seth does his research then sets up the “cut-meet.” James, the client, met April at a wedding. He felt an attraction, but that is as far as he got. Seth is scoping out April, a florist, for his doctor client she touches something in him. Well that never happens.

Seth stops by April’s shop, makes small talk,
Rebecca
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
A love manipulator - A meet-cute king - A matchmaker of epic proportions…these are all monikers for the real-life cupid himself, Seth Harding.

Seth Harding is quite the paradoxical man, and with his contrariness comes a whole litany of issues, not only for himself, but his business, and his current client - a Mr. Right looking for his Mrs. Right. But that love connection doesn’t appear a match made because the woman his client wants, doesn’t want him, and what makes things even more complicated
Beneath The Covers Blog
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kelly, arcs, 2020-reads
The Romeo Effect is book 3 in the Cupids Series but can be read as a complete standalone. But I highly suggest reading the others in this hilarious and witty series…definite must-reads!

Every time I pick up a book by this author, I just know I’m going to be thoroughly entertained. The writing, plot, dialogue, and chemistry between the characters blend perfectly to create this swoon-worthy and sexy enemies-to-lovers romance.

Seth and April have a very unique relationship and sparks fly right from
Nightbird Novels
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Seth Harding is known as the King of Meet Cutes, aka that random adorable moment when you met the love of your life... might not be so random after all. Orchestrating a moment to get a relationship started may be his career, but Seth doesn't necessarily believe in letting fate make it's own love matches...

April is a florist who is working hard to get her business off the ground when she meets the most intriguing man. There's something about Seth that April just can't get enough of...
Jules
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Was it happenstance that you met the man of your dreams in some unlikely situation, or was it a set up by a professional Romeo? If Seth Harding is on the job, you’ll probably never know! In Lila Monroe’s latest installment of her Cupids series, a “professional Romeo” meets his true love.

Ms. Monroe has created another lighthearted, fun read in The Romeo Effect. Her characters are off-the-chart. Seth as a romance cynic in a job that has him creating opportunities to meet the person you’ve been
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 stars

Hooray for the third completely adorable book in Lila Monroe's Cupid's series! The Romeo Effect is a delightful standalone but you don't want to miss out on the fun of the first two books!

Red Cheeks Reads
4.5 SMOOCHES!

The third book in Lila Monroe’s Cupids series, The Romeo Effect was an utterly charming, sigh- and swoon-worthy enemies-to-lovers romance.

Seth, a professional meet-cute mastermind, and April meet in her floral shop when he’s there doing some recon for a client. April walks into Seth’s pre-planned meet—with another man!—and instead of falling victim to the other man’s charms, she blows him off to chase after Seth. April begins piecing together Seth’s sudden appearance in her life.
Dimple
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it

April loves love. As an up and coming florist, she plans the perfect bouquet to mark the day for others while longing for her own HEA. She's also busting her butt for a place on a wedding supplier list that would put her business on the map! After meeting a charming, witty and deliciously handsome man, who
Books Laid Bare
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
There is always an air of giddy anticipation when I pick up a story by Lila Monroe, because I know that she is going to deliver everything that I hope and with this the latest in her Cupids Series I was eager to get stuck in.
April and Seth were great characters, I know from the previous books in the series April was a clever cookie, forging a career of her own and doing a darned good job of it. She has high hopes for her business, the only shame was that for a passionate woman that made other
Atlanta Whitlock
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I always love picking up one of Lila Monroe’s books because I know that I’m going to find myself loving the story and pretty much laughing at parts of the plot. This time was no different and I loved reading April’s story, you got to know more of her than you saw of her in the two previous books and you also got to see how her friends (Poppy & Natalie) are doing now that their relationships have progressed more than either of them expected them to. I found myself loving both Seth and April ...more
Cee Cee Houston
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If there’s one thing you can be guaranteed with reading a rom-com by Lila Monroe, it’s that you will spend a lot of the book laughing, shaking your head and plain out enjoying yourself and at the end of it, you’ll have a huge smile on your face.
The Romeo Effect delivered on all fronts.
April and Seth were a fabulous couple.
We got to know April a little in the previous two books, but here, she gets to shine her own light.
She’s a florist and has aspirations to get on ‘the list’ of bridal shops. She
Misty - The Erotic Book Blog
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If it’s a Lila Monroe romance, I know I’m going to swoon over our hero of the story! And for Seth, boy did I swoon! I liked this guy from our first encounter with him. He’s smooth, charming, and a little bit mysterious. He’s also quirky and fun, and really good at his job. Scary good. And despite some of the moral aspects of what he does, he’s a really good guy. He’s chivalrous, such a gentleman, and also a little bit dirty in the most sexy way. It’s a fantastic combination.

April is one of my
imapickypicker
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
You just can't go wrong with a rom-com by Lila Monroe. This one is one of my favorites by her. She really knows how to keep your interest and make you smile.

April is adorable. She's sweet, caring, and a bit of a romantic. She just wants to make her floral shop a success and find true love. Is that too much to ask?

Then there's Seth. He can make anything happen especially if you are trying to land that special someone. He's funny, smart, and maybe a bit of a cynic but he's learned that you can
« previous 1 3 next »

• Feisty (Do-Over, #3)
  • Frenemies
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #2)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #1)
  • You're The One
  • Bang on Loosely (The Bangover #3)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Confessions of a Naughty Nanny (The Baileys #6)
  • Then You Happened
  • The Blind Date Diaries
  • Hometown Heartless
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Weekend Wife
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Inappropriate
  • Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2)
Combining her love of writing, sex and well-fitted suits, Lila Monroe wrote The Billionaire Bargain. Lila enjoys writing, as it gives her a flexible schedule to spend time with her kids and a wonderful excuse to avoid them. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, who strips out of his well-fitted suits nightly.

Cupids (3 books)
  • Cupids Anonymous (Cupids #1)
  • What's Your Sign? (Cupids #2)