Start by marking “HEIST: A Melanie Perkiss Witch Hunter Novel” as Want to Read:
HEIST: A Melanie Perkiss Witch Hunter Novel

HEIST: A Melanie Perkiss Witch Hunter Novel

A jilted ex. A scheming dark witch. A magical crime of the century.

Melanie Perkiss, Buffalo NY's most capable witch hunter, accepts the onerous task of chasing down a sorceress who, while acting on behalf of a vengeful ex, has magically deprived a man of his genitals and vanished.

The case is as perplexing as it is urgent. The victim, Casey, is just about head to the al
Published October 31st 2019 by Square Six

To ask other readers questions about HEIST, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about HEIST

Start your review of HEIST: A Melanie Perkiss Witch Hunter Novel
Anastasia シ
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc, blog-tour-books
Full Review on my blog!

Loved this!

The cover is what initially grabbed my attention, and synopsis made me laugh a little so I was sold!

Heist by Kezzy Sparks is a fun unique read about, the magical theft of a body part which is is something I hadn't experienced before, and I thought it intriguing and interesting.

We meet Melanie Perkiss, a witch hunter and paranormal investigator. She is after a witch who put a spell on Casey  just days before his wedding. I don't want to spoil too much, but there
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Casey McLong wakes up one morning to discover that his manhood has been taken from him. Yep every thing south of the border has been wiped cleaned. Casey has no idea what he is going to do or what happened as he has no memory of the night before. In just a few short days he is supposed to walk down the aisle to wedded bliss. Casey is desperate to reclaim his manhood so he enlists the help of a witch hunter, Melanie Perkiss.

Melanie or Mel has never had a case quite like this one but believes she
Lilly Charysma
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ha, ha, ha! Really! This book has so much action and so many funny moments, situations that will leave you breathless and moments that will make you question the sanity of those characters (in a good way). “Heist” is the type of story that really manages to pull you out of your day-to-day life. So how can I dislike it?

Mel has a hard time finding a sorceress that is…creating major issues to a couple about to get married. She took the man’s most precious possession and I am not referring here to h
Shelleen Toland
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: xpresso
This book was written in the area where I live so to hear the names of towns and roads was fun.Melanie is a witch hunter in Buffalo, NY. She is after a witch who put a spell on Casey days before he is to be married. Casey's ex hired the witch and had something taken from him that would hurt his marriage. Then she steals it from the witch and it keeps getting stolen from others. Casey hires Melanie to get the item back and Melanie wants to bring the witch to justice. Sometimes I would shake my he ...more
Penny_The Page Addict
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A humorous epic with lots of twists and turns. The ending is what blew me away the most; honestly, I could never have dreamed of it, not even in a million years.
Only the prose needs a little tightening, and this could easily have been a five-star read for me.
Gill LovesBooks
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Urban Fantasy isn't really my thing, but this one didn't disappoint. ...more
Sharinda Jones
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal plot line. Relentless action. I couldn't stop reading this one. ...more
Jane Rowe
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
What drew me to this book was the cover dark, trendy and edgy. I think it sums up this page turning read. With lots of twists and turns Heist graps attention from the beginning. I personally enjoy supernatural novels so this was right up my street. I loved the main character and enjoyed the snappy dialogue. I recommend this book from anyone who enjoys the fantasy genre.
MyGreenSecretBlog
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars
It was good.

A magic tale of missing body parts, and the hunt to find them before the wedding. Ever had a spell cast on you? This is one I hope you never receive. ;-)

Casey wakes up one morning before his wedding to find "something" missing, but, he doesn't call the police. Instead he calls a rare hunter to find what was taken from him.

----
I do love a good witch/magic story, but I found this book lacking for me. The flow of the story was choppy. I did find it intriguing and wanted to read
Siniki Nerdy Bookworm
I didn't buy this book but received an advance copy to read and review. I liked the story. The basis of the plot--magical theft of a body part--is something I hadn't experienced before, and I thought it intriguing and interesting.
Characters were believable and well-developed even if I felt some aspects of the story were hard to understand because the action is a little unusual.

Altogether, a refreshing provocative read, though.
Brian
Mar 31, 2020 rated it did not like it
Don't waste your time. Although an interesting concept, English is obviously not the author's first language and I'm uncertain the editor is out of high school. This could have been a really good story. Unfortunately the writing will drive you crazy before you can get to the end. ...more
Casia Courtier
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
I received a copy for an honest review. What follows is my opinion and mine alone. I was not compensated for this review.

Heist is the debut urban fantasy by Kezzy Sparks. What got me wanting to read the book was definitely the blurb. There is something about a man losing his bits that gets a girl interested. Especially under such a time constraint.

For me, starting the book was rather difficult. The third person narrative felt very noir-ish, which wasn't so much of a problem, but then continuing
Mary
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I was kindly given a copy of this book by the author. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Let me first thank the author for sending me a copy of the book. When I was sent the synopsis it grabbed me and if I’m honest it made me laugh a little so I was sold.
This is not my typical type of book that I would pick up but I wanted to give it a go anyway. The story was entertaining, and honestly how many of us wishes something similar could happen to one of our exes. Unfortunately for me, I did not lik
Kezzy Sparks
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
DAVID SIBLEY
Oct 31, 2019
Lyla Kerr
Nov 23, 2019
Sebastian
rated it did not like it
Mar 20, 2020
Sara
Danielle McDonald
SD
Oct 28, 2019

• An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
  • The How and the Why
  • Finding Mr. Better-Than-You
  • The King's Questioner
  • The Changeling King
  • Estranged (Estranged, #1)
  • Witness Protection Widow (Winchester, Tennessee, #5)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • Ten Days Gone (A.L. McKittridge #1)
  • Echoes Between Us
  • A Fistful of Evil (A Madison Fox, #1)
  • The Veiled Threat (The Veiled Duchess, #1)
  • Unravel You (Cole Brothers #1)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • The Bone Houses
  • Day Zero (Day Zero Duology, #1)