Start by marking “The Seeking” as Want to Read:
The Seeking

The Seeking

Beware the Gray People

Each Seeking, the magic that protects the town of Carra must be renewed, which means the children of the Exalted Family must go into hiding. Whether through disguise or bribe, through trusted friends or perfect hiding places, every child of the Priest family must avoid capture for the full day of The Seeking.

When things go wrong with the renewal, it’
ebook
Expected publication: October 27th 2020 by The Parliament House

To ask other readers questions about The Seeking, please sign up.
Marlena Frank No, this is also available as a paperback, and eventually as a hardback copy. You can find paperbacks of The Seeking to pre-order at my publisher’s we…moreNo, this is also available as a paperback, and eventually as a hardback copy. You can find paperbacks of The Seeking to pre-order at my publisher’s website at: http://parliamenthousepress.com/(less)

Start your review of The Seeking
Candace Robinson
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What Frank knows how to do is pull you into anything she writes. The writing and atmosphere in this one were absolutely perfect. I could feel everything Dahlia was encountering on her journey in this book! And I loved her! Also, there was great diversity in this one, along with everything else.

I'm a huge fan of horror but with books, I like to really delve into a character and get more than a chill factor, and that's what I got here. Not only is it a horror story, but a beautiful one at that. W
Celia McMahon
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have any of you ever read a truly amazing book and when you go to close it, release that satisfied woosh of air-a sigh of contenement- and immediately begin to think about what you read? Well, that doesn't happen to me very often because I'm a book goblin. I love all books, but then there are those I want to squish against my chest and beg for them to become part of me. SINK INTO MY SKIN. BE ONE WITH THE CELIA.

With her take on an alien invasion scenario, Frank propels readers into a world where
Sheila Goicea
Mar 27, 2020 marked it as 2020-tbr
Shelves: 2020-releases
This book has me very curious!

description

My Blog ¦ Bookstagram ¦ Twitter ¦ Pinterest ¦ Facebook
K.A. Wiggins
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Terrifying dark fantasy/horror just in time for Halloween! Come for the face-melting spiders, stay for the haunting grey people with their eyeless black pits and talon-like nails.

At first, I thought this was a zombie apocalypse set-up but was pleased to find it twisted more into haunted forest meets Hunger Games territory. Some thoughtful character work and political/social insights to go along with some truly terrifying scenes.

Upsetting content and no magical powers for the humans tips this in
Olivia
Jul 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I haven’t read a lot of thrillers but I’m soooo glad I picked this one up! Frank’s writing conveyed the “spooky factor” that I know so many thriller readers love! The main character’s relationship with her family and close friends was such a great part of the story. What drew me to the story was the concept of “grey people” who protect this small town from monsters outside. When Dahlia has to participate in The Seeking, I was flying through the paragraphs to see what happened next. I haven’t rea ...more
Donna
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am never let down by Marlena Frank’s books!!! This was such an amazing horror/dystopian/SciFi book!!! I loved Marlena’s fantasy series, but her horror/dystopian is just as amazing!! Her descriptions are written so vividly that you can picture them as if you were there. To the point that I had a dream about it last night when I was 3/4 of the way through!! She also writes awesome characters, whether they’re good/bad/both, fae, human, alien, etc...you can’t help but feel invested in the characte ...more
Ronel Janse van Vuuren
Dahlia’s anger keeps her alive through each horrible Seeking – and when this one goes horribly wrong, it is what keeps those dear to her alive, too. Her girlfriend and the two little boys do their part to keep her human.

The Gray People are fascinating and terrifying. Mother is going to haunt my nightmares…

Some stuff in the timeline doesn’t completely make sense (e.g. “last night” referring to before the Seeking happened, yet she’d spent that night hiding yet again) which could be interpretation
Nicole Sams
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Seeking was a refreshing change in story. I have never read anything like it, the town, the seeking day, the gray people, all new concepts. The story flowed wonderfully and had me flipping the pages for hours.
Teri Drake-Floyd
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Right from the first few lines of The Seeking I felt a sense of foreboding. I could almost smell the sickly, sweet fragrance of apple pie permeating the air as I followed the heroine, Dahlia, to her dirty, terrifyingly claustrophobic hiding place (it probably didn't hurt that it's currently "spooky" season and I'm not that fond of apple pie myself).

Author Marlena Frank draws a vivid, dreary picture of life in Carra, leaving no detail undescribed. It's easy to picture the stark, drab landscape w
Mayah
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, arcs
3.5/5 Stars

This review is of an arc that I got from the author when she was looking for reviewers in a facebook group I’m a part of! I’m so glad I got to read it, because it had the perfect spooky vibes for this October!! If you’re looking for a creepy, original horror/dystopian novel with a brave lesbian MC, then I’d recommend you check this out. It releases just in time for Halloween on October 27th!

As far as what I thought of it in more depth, I loved the unique plot. It constantly surprised
Cat Spearey
Sep 21, 2019
Alyazia
Sep 25, 2019
Marlena Frank
Sep 26, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Sarah Lampkin
Ishika
Dec 25, 2019

• The Curse of the King
  • Crave (Crave #1)
  • Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • Teen Killers Club
  • Horrid
  • Lon Chaney Speaks
  • Little Witches: Magic in Concord
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Finding the Daydreamer
  • Meg and Jo
  • Broken Wish (The Mirror, #1)
  • Beautiful Wild
  • Dearest Dorin: A Romantic Ghostly Tale (Letters, #2)
  • Kiss the Fae (Vicious Faeries, #1)
  • Hush (Hush, #1)
  • Little & Lion
Marlena Frank has always been fascinated with monsters, and now gets to write about them. She has been writing horror and fantasy short stories since 2010 and has had her work published in a number of anthologies, from Heroic Fantasy Quarterly to The Sirens Call.

Her YA Dark Fantasy novella, The She-Wolf of Kanta, was released in April 2018 from Aurelia Leo. Her debut novel, Stolen, came out Januar