Start by marking “Captain Dreamboat (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #7)” as Want to Read:
Captain Dreamboat (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #7)

Captain Dreamboat

(Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies #7)

Jonathan Bracelyn pours his soul into saving the world, and hes still nowhere near cancelling out the sins of dear ol dad. But when a medical crisis prompts Jon to toss his sister the ultimate lifeline, hes forced to hang up his captains hat and hit pause on the one thing that makes himwell, him.

At least he has Blanka Pavlos heart-flooding smile to buoy his spirits. A
Published November 8th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services (first published October 24th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Captain Dreamboat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Dreamboat

Start your review of Captain Dreamboat (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #7)
DJ Sakata
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

When he got his tonsils out at ten, he came to and immediately looked between his legs The neighbors dog got neutered the week before Jon was confused about what sort of surgery hed had. The more we tried to explain it, the more agitated he got, until we finally let him go ahead and inspect things.

She points to the screen. Thats the next one. The next time youre nude, take a moment to stand naked before the mirror and repeat the following Im a beautiful sunflower, fragile and
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
The Ponderosa Ranch series by Tawna Fenske has been filled with cute and funny love stories, and while Captain Dreamboat is a bit more on the serious side it is tempered with classic Fenske comedic moments making it a truly enjoyable romance.

Jonathan Bracelyn has spent his life doing good for others, something he learned from his mother and step-father at an early age and because he is determined not to be an overpriviledged a$$hole like his late father. At home to attend a family wedding he
Kait Nolan
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious as always and delivering a much needed laugh on a lousy day. Fenske always delivers on humor with heart and plenty of heat. Two thumbs up!
Regina
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
NSFPT - Not Safe For Public Transportation :D

Caution, this book might cause tears (of joy, of laughter, or of heartbreak - it's all there), snort-laughing (you'll know what I mean when you read it, trust me!) and some serious swooning.

Though, let's be honest: Stiff Suit is a darn tough act to follow, but somehow Captain Dreamboat pulls it off. Jonathan and Blanka are their own brand of funny, sexy, swoony, heartbreaking and -melting, and I would give Chapter 4 alone a gazillion stars if I
T. Rosado
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it

3.5 Stars

I think I might be in the minority here when it comes to ardent fans of Tawna Fenske, myself being one of them. I fell in love with this author's writing after reading one of her women's fiction/romance novels and then worked my way through those along with many of her straight-forward romantic comedies. I'll admit that I have a stronger affinity for this author's WF/R (Now That It's You & At the Heart of It being being two of my favorites,) but Ive also enjoyed many of her
Cherie
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The latest in the Ponderosa Resort series is great, funny, heartwarming and heartwrenching all within a few pages. This is just a feel good read!!!! I enjoyed reading a main character with a passion for charity work. The compassion both Jonathan and Blanka have for their family and complete strangers is awesome. It's not often a romance novel touches on kidney transplants, dementia and volunteering all in one sitting. Tawna Fenske was able to do so here amazingly well! This author is becoming an ...more
Linda Grimes
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A major theme of CAPTAIN DREAMBOAT is the necessity of self care, especially if you're a naturally giving person. Fenske gets the message across with her signature heat and hilarity. Do yourself a favor-- pour yourself a mug of your favorite hot beverage (or a glass of something slightly more intoxicating), plop into a comfy chair, and get lost in the latest Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedy. Just what the doctor ordered!
Limecello
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, 2020
Considering ManCandy Crush got 3 stars I guess I should give this one 4 because I DID really like it and liked it much more.

Oof to Jonathan and Blanka. THEY'RE SO FREAKING CUTE TOGETHER.

there was this tweetstream ... https://twitter.com/Limecello/status/...

They're the perfect fit and perfect foils. I can't remember who/if/when it's summed up but ... - it was said that Jonathan's biggest fear is becoming his [biological] father, and Blanka's biggest fear is marrying hers.
OOF the problems in the
Claire
I liked all of Blanka's science facts and random trivia, and thought that for the most part she and Jonathan complemented each other well. The big misunderstanding and the kiss and make up came a bit too late in the book and a bit too close together for me to fully believe in them, but I still think that Blanka and Jon will have their HEA, though they need to work on communicating with one another. Having both sets of parents there to act as mirrors to their relationship was nice as well, and I ...more
Sandy S
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date November 8, 2019

At least he has Blanka Pavlos heart-flooding smile to buoy his spirits. A brilliant scientist, she knows things cant last with the do-gooder
Carole
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another charming, sexy read in this fun series. Lovely to reconnect with characters from previous stories and challenging relationship, family and health issues were addressed with compassion.
Ashley
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I really wanted to see her Dad have some kind of revelation.
Terri
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 6 in the Ponderosa Resort Series and I have loved everyone of them but this one touched my heart in a different way.

Jonathan Bracelyn is the most giving man. He is totally devoted to making the world a better place. When he finds himself home for his sisters wedding he goes above and beyond on the giving scale. He also finds himself attracted and totally enamoured with Blanka. She is a beautiful, independent woman and one he can't seem to get out of his head.

Blanka is determined to
Stella Thompson
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fun book!

This is the story about Jonathan Bracelyn and Blanka Pavlo. At Brees wedding, Blanka recognizes that the newest Bracelyn sibling Isabelle, is struggling and trying not to be a bother to anyone. When Jon comes by to see whats happening, it becomes clear Izzy needs to go to a hospital. There, its found that she needs a kidney transplant, pronto! Jon is used to being the man who spends his life in the service of saving others and he is ready to step up and help his new sister.
Riet De Bruin-Strijker
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She did it again! Ms Fenske showed us again that romance can be fun and serious all together. I loved this book! I giggled at the hilarious banter and at the hot moments in between. Ms Fenske is very apt at writing romantic comedy, with some serious life lessons thrown in, but these life-lessons do not interfere with the comedy, but they are able to let you think about them, while enjoying the lightness of her words.
Did I mention that I loved this book, eeh the whole series?
This is what this
Dana
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclosure: I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I always feel a little silly writing that disclosure, as my honest reviews of Tawna's books in general, and the Ponderosa Pines series specifically, are always, they are AMAZING. And Captain Dreamboat is no exception.

I was really curious as to how Tawna would make Jonathan Bracelyn into a character that I could care about. In his previous appearances, he felt a bit too goodie two shoes for me and I didn't think that
Tina Hobbs Payne
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jonathan Bracelyn is an extremely selfless person. Intent on being nothing like his biological father, Cort Bracelyn, Jonathan is constantly trying to lend a helping hand and works at making the world a better place. So staying in one place has never been an option. Until he has the opportunity to make a selfless act that will keep him at Ponderosa Resort for a bit of time.

Blanka has definitely noticed Jonathan before they spent together at his brother's wedding. She knows he's handsome and a
Shawn
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love going back to the Ponderosa Luxury Resort and visiting the past characters and as always the hijinks with the Bracelyn siblings. This book is Jonathan Bracelyn and Blanko Pavlos story.
It begins at Brees wedding where the new Bracelyn sibling Izzy is attending. Both Jonathan & Blanka notice something is going on with Izzy - which leads to a hospital visit. So begins Jonathans next humanitarian action.
Jonathan is home for his sisters wedding and taking a small break from sailing to
Stacy J.
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series!! This book meant so much to me. My mom had a kidney transplant and it saved her life!! Mrs. Fenske did such an amazing job talking about the seriousness of this but also keeping it light and fun. Jon was a lot of help with this.

Blanka and Jon are two individuals who both seem different but yet let their daddy issues control who they are and what they want out of life.

I really liked Blanka as a person. She was caring, warm and generous. These were not traits she saw
Tanisha
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I first heard about Tawna Fenske in August of 2015 when her book "About That Fling" was featured as a "Kindle First." I have fallen in love with the way that she tells a story. Her characters are fun, and even ones you may not like at first tend to grow on you. Since then, I have read anything that I have found by Tawna.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about the Bracelyn family. Reading ManCandy Crush made me super excited for the next book in the series. This book is about Jonathan, a sibling
Cheryl
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jonathan and Blanca are both delightfully funny and sweet at the same time. He is beyond selfless, as we see just a few pages into the story. But Blanka is trying to teach him to become just a smidge selfish, as he recovers from surgery.
Both Jonathan and Blanka have fathers who have shaped their lives in meaningful, but not necessarily similar, ways. Jon is still trying to live down his fathers looks and name, while live up to his stepfathers life of service. Blanka, while proud of her father,
Diane
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed this latest installment in the Ponderosa Resort series from Tawna Fenske. The meet cute for this couple was a little different than some of her previous novels, but it was an interesting introduction into the characters, their attraction to each other, and the way that they interact with one another. It gave you the feeling about how sometimes that intimacy of those types of interaction can be so critical to the comfort level that people establish with one another. One of the ...more
Susan Swiderski
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Know what? Tawna Fenske's books are extremely rude. There! I said it. It's true. See, no matter how many other books are already patiently waiting in line for me to read, as soon as one of her books is released, it immediately knocks the other books out of the way and elbows its way to the front of the line.

Okay, so I admit it... I may have a teensy bit to do with that line-jumping, too. But who can blame me? Her fun quick-reading books deliver as much guilty pleasure as a giant banana split.
The Rogue Book Reviews
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jonathan and Blanka meet in the middle of a family health crisis. Usually not the most auspicious of circumstances. It has been said that these types of situations make or break a couple and this is precisely what happened to this too. Jon feels like he needs to take care of everyone around him. But who takes care of him? Blanka has seen all her life how living under someone's shadow can kill your spirit and she vowed to never be the "wifey"...With these odds, can these two make it?

I started
Caro
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another hit from Ms. Fenske.

We have Blanka and Jonathan this time, both having met in a previous book for a moment and now truly developing their feelings.

I loved these two! Blanka was just lovely and I hated how her a** of a father treated her. :-( She was smart and funny and sweet, but was left feeling inferior in her fathers eye. Grrr. I was glad she knew what she wanted in life and what she didnt want, even when her plans changed when she met Jon. ;-)

As for Jon he was a really good guy, torn
Anna
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Happiness requires a little selfishness...

The selfless Bracelyn, Jonathan is home for his sister's wedding. He finds himself entranced by Blanka. Her charming tendency to flub English phrases. Her nervous recitations of random factoids about words, phrases, animals...

And when Jon makes a selfless sacrifice for his family, she is by his side.

Full of the feels, the funny, and the heat! We get to visit our favorite dysfunctional clan and watch another sibling get hit with Cupid's arrow.

Hemingway
Adrienne Bird
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always feel I can never do Tawnas books justice but since I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review, he goes nothing!
This book will give you all the feels! I laughed multiple times throughout this story and was brought to tears once again. The one thing I love about not only Tawnas books but the series, is that, yes, there is a rich person involved just like many other romance novels, but Tawna develops her characters to be just like you and me. She creates these images in your
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Bracelyn yetand thats saying something because Ive loved them all.

Even before we met, I knew someone like her was out there somewhere. I felt it, even if I had no evidence. I believed in her the way a child believes in the tooth fairy, and isnt that what love is?

What an absolutely delightful, quirky, fun read this was. I smiled from bow to stern, swooning for a dreamy hero with a heart of gold and a hard time being selfish, and a brilliant heroine with a sexy brain and an endless
Diane
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quirky, sweet, sexy fun

As usual, coming back to the Ponderosa had me laughing and smiling a lot. The Bracelyn family has always faced their challenges head on. Brought together for a family wedding, Jonathan and Blanka met and bonded in extraordinary circumstances yet their true spirit shined through.

Blanka was nerdy smart, nervously letting her geek shine through. Jonathan soaked it up, loving her brain and everything else about her. Their chemistry was everything, full of heat, snappy dialogue
Heather Nobbs
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous addition to the Ponderosa Ranch series. I loved the relationship between Jonathan and Blanka. They never tried to fight or deny their attraction to each other yet they held off because of what they both thought they wanted out of their lives. Blanka helping Jonathan recover from surgery was great, the self-care bath was down right hilarious and yet so perfect for these two. I really liked Blanka and how she always knew what she wanted even if she didnt know how to put it into ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Getting Off Easy (Boys of the Big Easy, #4)
  • Instacrush (Rookie Rebels #2)
  • Must Love Alligators (Boys of the Bayou, #5)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Holiday Ever After
  • Yours Since Yesterday (Lost Harbor, Alaska Book 2)
  • Christmas Cliche
  • Overnight Service (Always Satisfied, #4)
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • Bang Theory (The Bangover #2)
  • Nome-o Seeks Juliet (Odds-Are-Good, #2)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Chicago Rebels #4.5)
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • Bring It On Home (Misfit Inn, #4)
  • Bang on Loosely (The Bangover #3)
  • All the Befores (Magnolia Sound #3.5)
  • Crazy Rich Cajuns (Boys of the Bayou, #4)
  • Mine Until Moonrise (Lost Harbor, Alaska Book 1)
When Tawna Fenske finished her English lit degree at 22, she celebrated by filling a giant trash bag full of romance novels and dragging it everywhere until shed read them all. Now shes a RITA Award finalist, USA Today bestselling author who writes humorous fiction, risqué romance, and heartwarming love stories with a quirky twist. Publishers Weekly has praised Tawnas offbeat romances with ...more

Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies (8 books)
  • Studmuffin Santa (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #1)
  • Chef Sugarlips (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #2)
  • Sergeant Sexypants (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #3)
  • Hottie Lumberjack (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #4)
  • Stiff Suit (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #5)
  • Mancandy Crush (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #6)
  • Snowbound Squeeze (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #8)