Start by marking “Finding Elenore” as Want to Read:
Finding Elenore

Finding Elenore

You never forget your first love. After 25 years Elenore and Alex still remember the magic.

Voted the No 1 Summer Must Read, lose yourself in the romantic setting of the Tuscan landscape as their paths cross once again in this bestselling love story.

With a little help from beyond the grave, will their chance meeting bring a happy ever after, or will fate once again cruelly
Published July 9th 2019 by Lockgate

Start your review of Finding Elenore
Andrea
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-author
Firstly I would like to thank the author for a copy of there book,normally romance isn't what I read,but this story was funny start with Alex married to Vivienne one child of there own and other kids.there marriage isn't good the way she talked to him wasn't nice but did make me laugh all he thinks about is Elenore the love of his life from 25 years ago.would of liked how they first met in this book.he goes to Italy to try to make a living as an author his wife is money orientated and it's never ...more
Stacey
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it
I chose this book to read because of the location in Italy where the book takes place. I have visited there a few times, and just love it. I was not necessarily looking for a story, as I wanted to see if I was the only who felt this way about this special town in Tuscany.
As it turns out, the story about a relationship 25 years ago was good, and I enjoyed it.
Through the author's writing and descriptions of this area, I could have been a fly on the wall. She captured it beautifully, to the nine's,
Nebula Castelino
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am the type of person who is hesitant when I come across books with the theme of giving love a second chance. But there was something intriguing with P.W Hazeldine's "Finding Elenore" and that would be the message and planning from beyond the grave to a beautiful couple giving love a chance after 25 years. I am so happy that this book has characters such as Harry and Alex Harper who are strong, beautiful men who are attuned with their emotions and are not afraid to share them. Having character ...more
Matt Gianni
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FINDING ELENORE by P.W. Hazeldine is a tale of Alexander Harper's 25-year love for his estranged soul-mate Elenore Maguire while dealing with his current vile and disgruntled wife, Vivian. Alex secretly plans his escape, to his deceased father's vacation home in Italy's Tuscan countryside town of Montepulciano, to write his first novel. Upon announcing his plan, his sons and daughter are very supportive, but Vivian wants him to remain, his nose to the grindstone providing her every wish. After d ...more
Kylie
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you love Nicholas Sparks, particularly his novel The Best of Me, then you will love this.
It is a perfect romantic read set in Italy's Tuscan countryside and centres on Elenore and Alex two soulmates who have loved each other for 25 years without ever speaking to each other in all that time.
I felt so sorry for Elenore in the beginning but loved the ending, my heart was bursting
Patricia Solla
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: digital-reads, arc
Finding Elenore by P W Hazeldine is wonderful romantic story set in the Tuscany region of Italy. The author's descriptions of places and events in the area make one want to go to visit Italy. The basic story is two loving people separated by circumstances find each other 25 years later and find themselves still very much in love. There are a lot of undercurrents in regaining their love as both are unhappily married to other partners, there's the presence of the ghost (?) of Alex's father and thi ...more
Anitajt
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is why I love to read romance stories. If you fail to be moved by it shame on you.
The characters exude a feeling of excitement associated with how love makes you feel and Alex and Eleanor should know after experiencing these feelings for 25 years.
Guaranteed to pull at your heartstrings this is a tale of true love with the added extras of how important family and friends are and being man enough to show and share your true feelings and emotions. Loved it .
Andi
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the setting of the book and the story behind the wine.
The story was a sweet love story.
I struggled with some of the narrative and found some of the bedroom scenes quite silly.
Rachel Arden
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG! What an absolutely, utterly romantic read. Best love story I've read in ages.
Love the location . . . Montepulciano in Tuscany, Italy
Love the characters . . . Elenore and Alex are meant for each other
Love the story . . . the lengths a father will go to help his son find happiness is amazing
Love the writing . . . the other's description of the places and story telling are superb.
Deserved more than five stars.
I can see this story being turned into a movie
Trudi
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable love story. A must for all romance fans
Danielle Jobes
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Without question this is one of the best romance novels I have read in a very long time. It is an endearing love story and the author's writing and descriptions of the Tuscan landscape and places are to die for. The book reminded me a little of the Guernsey Potato Peel Pie Society. I don't want to give to much of the plot away as it would be unfair, but the main characters Elenore and Alex are wonderfully told and there are some very unexpected and gripping twists before they achieve their HEA.
T
Clairissa SinClair
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very charming tale of rediscovering your lost love and having a second chance at a happily ever after. Loved it!
Chrissie Warrilow
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This wonderful romance begins "Alex Harper is in love with love". Those six simple opening words had me gripped to the very end. The problem is I did not want it to end. The story oozed with love so much that it dripped from every page and I am missing the two ravishing characters. It's one of those books that every chapter ends on a cliffhanger so you just have to read on and on and on to the glorious finale. Oh and what a finale I just never saw that coming. I can honestly say that this is wit ...more
Sheila Moran
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once in a while you come across a little gem of a book that simple takes your breath away and is such an awesome unexpected read. This is the case with this tearful, funny and beautifully romance. I don't want to give the game for those that have not read it yet but I was not expecting the ending. Well done to the author for giving me two nights of pure pleasure. ...more
Reggie Virus
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Diane
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for free and the opinions and views are my own. An excellent read, as the first part goes you always remember your first love, now add in a matchmaking ghost, a wish and a lot of planning and it can happen. A beautiful love story, both parties are stuck in nasty marriages and find each other again, or was there something more helping them find their one true love. I loved the letters! I recommend this Book to all who love a true romance and second changes.
Nicole Bibliolau19
Sep 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
I only made it to 35 percent of this book before I had to abandon it. While I was excited for the second-chance romance plot line, set against the beautiful backdrop of Italy, the dialogue was forced and often cringey, and when the two main characters began referring to each others’ genitalia with nicknames, I was done. Some readers may like that intimacy and steaminess, but it just wasn’t for me.
Andrianna Booth
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is a phrase in Hitch, one of my favourite movies, "there are moments in life that take your breath away".
This romance by P.W. Hazeldine was for me one of those moments. The love from the book gave me a warm embrace as I melted into the story of Elenore and Alex as they embark on a journey of second chance love.
It made me cry, it made me laugh, particularly the slightly steamy love scene, but most of all restored my faith in true love.
I cannot wait for the author's next novel.
Lauren Best
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Utterly amazing
Julie Swarbrick
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Best read this year
Diane
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful love story that I recommend to everyone who loves a great romance
Polly McAndrew
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful romance with an even more wonderful twist. Laughter and tears from start to finish
Steph
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have never left a full blown review for a book before but felt compelled to write one for P.W. Hazeldine's Finding Elenore. I heard of this novel at my local book club and it sounded so intriguing that I had to get a copy. My partner got me the ebook version from Amazon to read on my iPad. It was so good I read it in just two days and finished at 3.40am. I was so tired at work the next day but hey ho, it was worth being tired for.
It really is a sweet romance and I cannot get Elenore and Alex o
Charlotte James
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just love this book. It is witty, a little racy in a couple of places but certainly melts the heart. Never read anything by this author before but romance drips from every page. The relationship between the two main characters, Elenore and Alex is so deep, meaningful and loving that I wish I had that in my life.
Added to that is the magical relationship between father and son. Two men who are not frightened to show their emotions. Men should take a leaf from their book.
I'd recommend this to all
Hayley Bishop
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full of tears, laughter and great storytelling. A dream of a love story. Recommend to all romance fans.
Brenda Anderson
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This book was given to me to read from a goodreads friend,its completely different in my usual books I like to read.did like the way the wife spoke to her husband but wasnt keen on him talking to his dad.love story was good.and an ending didn't expect. ...more
Anita Ward
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an easy light read, about a love lost and then rekindled
Elsa
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My friend was raving about this novel and urged me to read it. I am so glad a I have. The best thing is I got it while it was an offer on Amazon. I adore the characters, particularly the relationship between between Harry the MC and his late father Harry. They had me choking up. Elenore is adorable and feel so sorry for her and then so happy at the end. Every romance lover should read this.
Sophia Bianchi
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This author from England sure as hell knows how to write amazing love stories.
What is more the author knows how to take you on a journey having the skill to drop you right into the heart of the setting.
Me and my Italian family know this area of Tuscany well and the author's wonderful, dreamy, descriptive words took me back there and even opened my eyes to things I never knew about the area.
The story, based on true-life events, left my heart pounding as it unfolded with unexpected twists after tw
Vivian Ashtree
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This romance is utterly charming and would recommend this wonderful story to all those who adore love stories. It made me cry, it made we laugh, but most of all it made me feel good and in an odd way helps to restore your faith in human nature. Can't wait to read the author's other novels. ...more
New Author Review...: Looking for reviews for true Romance 4 20 May 31, 2020 04:12PM
Book Giveaways: TRUE ROMANCE BARGAIN 1 12 Jan 09, 2020 04:31AM
Romance Readers R...: TRUE ROMANCE BARGAIN 1 4 Jan 09, 2020 04:05AM
GOOD REVIEWS: Looking for reviews for true Romance 1 9 Jan 09, 2020 03:45AM
The Next Best Boo...: Hello everybody 9 47 Dec 19, 2019 03:34AM
Book Reviews & Ma...: Looking for reviews for true Romance 1 4 Nov 05, 2019 04:56AM
Oprah's Book Club...: Looking for reviews for true Romance 1 34 Nov 05, 2019 01:13AM

• Someday in Paris
  • The Dancer (Isabel's Story, #2)
  • The Little Vineyard in Provence
  • The Tuscan Contessa: A heartbreaking new novel set in wartime Tuscany
  • The Day She Came Back
  • A New Happy Place: a heart-warming romantic comedy
  • The Scarlet Nightingale
  • Winter at Pretty Beach : A heartwarming, deliciously romantic feel-good Christmas story of life by the sea. (Pretty Beach 3)
  • The Boat House Pretty Beach: A cosy, feel-good, uplifting romantic read to escape with this summer - life, love, friendships and a new start in an old house by the sea.
  • The House at Mermaid's Cove
  • Autumn Skies Over Ruby Falls (Jewel Island, #2)
  • The O'Mara's in LaLa Land (The Guesthouse on the Green #8)
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • The Daughter's Promise
  • Aunt Daisy's Letter
  • The Healer's Secret (The Innocenti Saga, #1)
  • The Autumn Posy
  • From Venice with Love
P.W. Hazeldine is an author of romantic novels that have a touch of suspense, drama and sometimes the paranormal.
The author, a former award-winning high-profile journalist, aims to give readers the chance to escape with love stories that will warm their heart.
You can find the author here:
www.pwhazeldine.com