Start by marking “End of Summer” as Want to Read:
End of Summer

End of Summer

When a viral apocalypse kills 97% percent of the people on the planet, the survivor's humanity is hanging by a thread. Fighting over the leftovers of civilization, what's needed is a hero that's more killer than saint. The people he finds become family and that is very bad news for those who think they are running things.

This is the first book in new series from the
Published August 11th 2019 by MCE Press

To ask other readers questions about End of Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about End of Summer

Start your review of End of Summer
Lisa
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written viral end of the world storyline. The characters are well fleshed out and, more importantly, smart. The scenarios are plausible, character reactions are probable, and events are likely.

I enjoyed the main character, Jason. He was wonderfully written, a husband who loses his pregnant wife early in the story. I cried with him over his loss, applauded his efforts at rescuing others, and cheered him on when he attempted to take on the criminal goons. The others in the book where just as
Ange
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Check this one out

Although I typically withhold 5 star ratings for a select group of titles, I find that End of Summer easily qualifies.
The plot is plausible, the characters are likable, and the storyline is by times thought provoking.
A very enjoyable reading experience, and I'm definitely looking forward to the second book!
Larry Coppock
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, Realistic, and Frightening Tale

Most post apocalypse stories tend to play on the baser natures of humans in their drive to rape, pillage, and show their nastiness toward the weaker survivors. This story approaches the premise from another angle. Instead of crazed loonies running loose, a bunch of military wannabes under the guidance of a sheriff with delusions of grandeur attempts to preserve civilization as he perceives it. Of course there is a “have and have not” structure to his
James Cramer
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fiction and reality Meet in this story

The timing of this story could not have been more of a coincidence for me. I had just purchased an ereader. I had downloaded a number of books on post apocalypse genre's. The first series was EMP. I then started reading this book. Simultaneously the Nuevo corona virus was announced in China. On my ereader I flipped around from book to email to social media as one is want to do. The line between fiction and reality began to blur to the point where the cdc
Suzanne Gereaux
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
TERRIFIC Dooms Day Story with a Refreshing Approach

TERRIFIC "Room's Day" story which, thankfully, didn't revolve around the same old premise...the survival of preppers and the deaths of all the non-preppers usually portrayed to be too stupid or too naive to plan for the collapse! A great story of devotion, trust, determination, and the importance being humane in the face of inhumanity. Even better, there appears to be a sequel in the works which just might offer us something even more rare...the
Stayce L.
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Add this author to your library

I was quite frustrated at first with the arrogant PhD student that thinks the rules don’t apply to him. Who knows, that just may be what brings about the end of the world. What the survivors do, evil is expected, but overcoming that evil and hope for humanity makes the book a good read. I am very much looking forward to the next book in this series and will start the author’s other series, Eden Chronicles.
Steadman White
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Where did the submarine come from?
Different than the usual "end of the world" books with a very plausible story. Especially true in light of the current situation to find a cure/vaccine for a new bug that is taking people down.
On occasion, the author gets wordy, as if getting paid by the word. All in all, a good read.
Chris Homler
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun read and an entertaining kick off to the beginning of the end.

An enjoyable read that I would recommend to others.
This genre of books can get quite repetitive, but I found this book entertaining and look forward to it’s sequel.
Alice LaJuett
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Apocalyptic fiction at its best

After a pandemic kills millions of people, the ones alive have to find ways to survive, both physical means and from gangs. The FEMA structure is not the safe haven as thought. This is apocalyptic fiction at its best.
Deron Rambo
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Excellent story line. It was very descriptive and kept me interested start to finish. At times I almost felt like I was part of the action. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Pam
Feb 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
I did not like this book and quit reading after about 1/3 way through. I usually enjoy this scenario but for some reason could not get into it. It may have just been me.
lucy keenan
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well done

Well-written and well-edited. Characters that I came to care about and a lot that was interesting and at least plausible. Worth reading.
Katie Presley
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Page turner!!

Loved it. A must read for preppers , survivalists, and dystopian future readers. Once you pick it up you’ll only put it down when you’ve read the final page.
Chris
Wow, what a wild ride that was! Non-stop action with characters you'll be rooting for till the end. Can't wait for the sequel!
Henry T
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
End of the world done well

I’ve read many of the authors other books and enjoyed them. I can’t say I enjoy the idea of a mass extermination event through a mutated virus , but I do like thoughtful what do the survivors do. Current conspiracy theories abound about the current Corona virus outbreak, hopefully they will remain theories.
Marcus Dean
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story telling.

A really good look at a possible future. I can only hope that humanity won't be quite as evil as portrayed when the apocalypse does arrive. I am already looking forward to book two.
Ed
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I give this book a solid 8 out of 10.

The basic premise for the book is that a virus is created and released, the results of the virus and the reactions of the people left. The mass of humanity is reduced to a shadow of it's former self and this causes a serious breakdown in the social order as might be expected.

I won't post any spoilers, I will just go on to say that the science seems accurate, the characters are well developed, relatable and their motivations understandable. The construction of
Maya Morikawa
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good start

The story holding together,characters filling out.
Pretty realistic of how quickly the world would disintergrate,there are always people who can lead.
Leslie
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great story.

I am not usually a fan of post apocalypse fiction, but I really enjoyed this novel. A plus is that there is not a single zombie.
Mary Ann
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, dystopia, action, fiction, 2020
Interesting cast of characters, circumstances and outcomes! Want to see if the second in the series is just as good.
Penny
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A better than average Post Apocalypse book

I read a lot of PA series. You have to wonder how many ways the End of the World as We Know It can be portrayed. Frankly it does come down to the characters the author creates. I liked people that inhabit this book. Their response to the dire conditions is plausible and maybe all a bit too real. We can be optimistic or pessimistic when attempting to make sense of our world view when in essence that world is taken from us but in the end a strong survival
Lawrence
Good enjoyed

Good well write. For the most part I got mixed up a bit but other wise enjoyable look to the next book

russ prophett
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story, well written.

Characters are very believable and likable. One of the better post-apocalyptic stories I’ve read. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series. Just great.
kathryn selenich
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When can I continue this series?

I am a sucker for these types of books. I am intrigued, what happens next. How did this begin, will these characters begin to put together a new life and how? What an undertaking. I will admit, understood there will always be the bad guys, but some positive story lines will be nice !
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just how I like my Post-Apocalyptic stories.

Here is a prime example of a well thought out, well-paced post apocalyptic novel. Action, well-developed characters, and a story to get invested in. Great job and I will recommend this to anyone who loved, “The Stand”, by Stephen King. KUDOS!
Robert Browning
Good read

I don’t like apocalyptic virus books generally but with the addition of military participation I was very glad I finished and am looking forward to the next
Meg
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced and hard to put down

This was a great story with lots of unexpected surprises and plenty of action to keep me engaged. It was one that was hard to put down because anything could happen or go wrong at any given moment. The author did a great job of showing that even the good guys have to be bad guys from time to time, whether they like it or not.
Renee Bradley Wojdan
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read.

As a fan of post-apocalyptic fiction, it's really hard to find a new approach to the genre. I was pleasantly surprised as this story unfolded and drew me in. The combination of realism, engaging characters and plausible plot kept me going, page after page. Can't wait to read more!
Jamie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

This was a page turner. I loved every minute.m of it. I Cant wait for the next one.it was awesome.
Dan Harmer
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic

Absolutely fantastic! Likeable, well-developed characters. Satisfying plot. Just the right amount of carnage to go along with the action. Would have liked more details into the outbreak.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Empty Cities (Minus America #2)
  • Minus America (Minus America #1)
  • Escape the Virus (Last Pandemic #1)
  • Rockfall (Tertiary Effects Book 1)
  • It Hit The Fan: Piney River Apocalypse
  • Escape the City (Last Pandemic #2)
  • Flashpoint (Flashpoint #1)
  • Rebel Cause (Minus America #3)
  • Bear the Brunt (Nuclear Survival Saga #7; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #1)
  • Dark Ever After: Ever After EMP Series, Book One
  • Crumbling World (Surviving the End Book 1)
  • Smolder (Flashpoint #2)
  • Shut In
  • Fight the Shock: A Post-Apocalyptic EMP Survival Thriller (World in Collapse Book 1)
  • The Vermilion Strain : Post-Apocalyptic Extinction
  • All That Survives (Lone Survivor #2)
  • All That Remains (Lone Survivor #1)
  • The Ranch: Jack Sterlings Legacy (The Legacy Series Book 1)
Small town kid born in Idaho, raised in Eastern Oregon. I left the Northwest for the CIA. Twenty eight years and a ton of travel mileage later, I am living in Northern Virginia with my wonderful family and still writing. You can follow my progress and blog at www.smanderson-author.com