Start by marking “Just Breathe Again” as Want to Read:
Just Breathe Again

Just Breathe Again

I had it all. Truly, I had the perfect life. One filled with happiness and love where the bright smiles of my gorgeous wife and my beautiful daughter greeted me every day. I was a lucky man…

Until I lost it all.

Sometimes, when I close my eyes, I can still see them. My two angels still shining with their never-ending beauty. But those visions always lead me to darkness…
Published August 13th 2019 by Limitless Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Just Breathe Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Breathe Again

Start your review of Just Breathe Again
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 stars
I must be a stone cold bitch because even though I emphasised with our hero’s tragic loss it didn’t bring me to my knees as I was expecting. I was hoping to shred a tear or two, to have my heart broken.
But sadly it missed the mark with me.
Then onto the connection between our hero and heroine, I just didn’t feel it 🤷‍♀️
it felt rushed, I found it repetitive which came across stilted and odd.

I had high hopes for this one.

This is just my own personal opinion. Many others before me hav
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

I wanted to be able to breathe without feeling guilty that I still could.

Mary Jane Kleiber was on her third husband and fifth kid. She always did say she was going to find a man to take care of her. I guess the income of child support and divorce settlements was the route she chose.

Somehow, telling my mother that the sweet man she was referring to had devoured me with deep penetrating kisses only forty-eight hours ago then dismissed me like yesterday’s garbage didn’t sound like s
Nova B
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nope nope 👎🏻 I’m sorry but when the book is all about the ex and the loss of a little girl you loose me. I’m not going to believe your love for the girl your with now cause you are still too hung up on your ex. This doesn’t work for me at all. No crying here. Pissed.
Who wants to be second best.
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Andrea Fleury
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aaron and faith

Aaron was a happy man till one very sad day he lost it all. Sadness was his life. He left Texas and went away to be by himself. There he was back with the only family he ever had. Then after working for a cabinet maker She walks down the stairs. Faith.But he wants nothing to do with her.
Jac K
I want to start with a heads up, this is a slight spoiler because it takes several chapters to find out, but I think it’s important and the book blurb, along with the couple's first meeting is VERY misleading, IMO. It has little to do with the actual story, but could really be important for certain readers, and the assumptions they could make, so if you want to be COMPLETELY BLIND… please stop here, but know that not everything is as it seems.

Aaron isn’t a widow, nor is he hung up on his ex-Lynn
Nancy Metsch
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me start this by saying CA Harms always writes amazing books. This book was just as amazing but took me longer to read then usual. ** Spoiler free review**
It had a huge effect on me. It broke me, then I was put put back together only yo be broken again.
For me the best supporting Character was Granny Rae and trust me when I say you will understand why once you read this book. No blood between them yet the love that Rae felt for Aaron was that of Mom and son.
Faith was amazing strong and st
Coco.V
Feb 27, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/27/2020)! 🎁
Marnie
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
💔💔💔A beautiful well rounded book 💔💔💔

It is every parents nightmare to lose a child, and CA Harms had me in tears as I was reading Aaron’s heartbreak and each episode he had in reliving his loss. I never want to even imagine how hard it would be to carry on with life after going through that trauma.

While the expected ugly cry level of Don’t Be Afraid, didn’t eventuate, I was still caught up in the emotion of Aaron and Faith’s story. He not only broke Faith’s heart but mine as well, and I got to th
Lydia H
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An emotional and touching story about loss, mourning, healing, and second chances.

Aaron and Faith’s story wasn’t an easy journey. Aaron was in many ways a shell of a broken man who spent his days simply existing. The guilt he carried around was too heavy on his soul, but he refused to live any other way. Until Faith.

She slowly showed him that there was, in fact, more to life. She showed him that he was worthy of happiness and that choosing to live did not mean forgetting what he’d experienced.
Sharon Jones
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!! I know I am not going to find the right words to explain how truly magnificent this book is. Aaron & Faith's story had me crying uncontrollably at times. Aaron's backstory in particular just about broke me. What he went through would be any parents worst nightmare, and the way his emotions and actions were written were truly outstanding.
There is so much to love about this book, and honestly I can see this story being made in to a movie in the future.
It is definitely a story that I know wil
Kelly Fountain
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I wanted to be able to breathe without feeling guilty that I still could.”

Harms never fails to emotionally connect us to her stories. Her words are crafted carefully, woven intricately and pack a punch. Just Breathe Again is no different. It wrings is out emotionally then builds us up again-just where we want to be.

This was an emotional roller coaster. Aaron was happy, blissful and content in life. It took only seconds for that to be ripped away. His pain was immeasurable. He had fallen so far
Kimberly
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just Breathe Again was an emotional journey about acceptance and finding yourself again. It's a tragic story about loss and forgiveness that will pull at your heartstrings.

I'd loved the characters in this book, individually. I liked the story, in principle. I wish I could say I loved them both together. I just never really felt the connection between Faith and Aaron. For me the chemistry wasn't there and I found a lot of the book to be repetitive. I just never really felt like I got to know the
Erica
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aaron and Faith's story is highly emotional, heartbreaking and beautiful.
Aaron's life was great an then instantly is wasn't. He carries the guilt of that one moment that destroyed his world and left him a shell of a man simply surviving each day.
Faith is coming home to help out while her father heals from an injury, she loved her job in the city but at the same time looks forward to the slower small town life again.
She meets Aaron and things don't go quite as expected for a first meeting with t
Kylee
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just Breathe Again, so that is exactly what I did the moment their story ended. It wasn’t until the last page that I realized I had been holding my breath throughout this emotional ride with Aaron and Faith. Faith is exactly what Aaron needed to believe that life was worth going on and to accept that he was worth loving and when he thought there was none, she walked down the stairs and Faith looked him in the eyes. This story was more than emotional and it was one that was full of dips, twists a ...more
Renee Entress
4 star

I was pulled right into this truly emotional story. The story has laughs, secrets, guilt, grief, healing, and heartbreak.

This is Aaron’s story. Aaron had everything until he lost it all. Now he spends him time working and drinking. But he is drowning in the guilt and what ifs. He knows he does not deserve any better after all he had it all and now it’s gone. Then someone comes into his world and completely rocks it. He knows she wants to hep him but since he does not deserve the help he c
Michelle
Too much angst for me.

I would have enjoyed this book more had there been more happy moments between Aaron and Faith. I understood the depth of Aaron's pain and guilt. I have children, and losing one of them would be unbearable. My heart hurt for him. That being said, nearly 70% of the book was depressing to read, and there was so much back and forth between Aaron and Faith my heart couldn't take it. And then when Aaron's ex-wife came to town, had I been in Faith's shoes, I would have shut him
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Prepare yourself for this book! C A Harms has yet again mastered emotion behind love, loss, regret, guilt, and how you pull yourself back together again. This book will take you on this emotional roller coaster. The push, pull, and frustration of trying to help someone after a traumatic, life changing event.
As per any book of C A Harms that I read, I read this in one sitting as I got emotionally involved and had to know how it ended. Don't miss this one......it is an amazing read.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
What a tragic beautiful story. I couldn't imagine dealing with the pain Aaron is dealing with, and probably would have become a recluse just as he did. The story starts with a bang and I honestly had to put my kindle down to gather myself after reading 2% of the book. I didn't at first like how the two were using each other but then Faith stepped up and became a strong women that I love reading about.

Reviewed by: Paige R.
Messy Bun Book Blog
Wow!! I am speechless! What an amazingly heartbreaking story from CA Harms! Aaron and Faith were beautiful, but so broken! I hate spoilers in my reviews, so I can’t give too much away, but this book was a huge 5 Stars for me!
Kimhe Rockchicks
A heartbreakingly beautiful tearjerker, that will leave with an emotional hangover.

Reading with 2 book lovers
This is a first read for me by this author and I devoured this story.
Liz
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-stars. Full review to come.
Nina DuBois
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, death
Wow. This book was heartbreaking to say the least. Aaron is drowning is pain and guilt after the death of his daughter. He is suffocating and believes he deserves to be miserable, lungs close to bursting. But when he sees Faith for the first time he's able to break the surface for just a moment to take breathe. This scares Aaron, but he can't deny how much he wants her. I'm gonna lie, I both loved and hated Aaron at the beginning of this book. He is tortured and when he gives into his attraction ...more
Lu Bielefeld
DNF!

“You know what they say. There’s no place like home. And let’s not forget that no matter how old a girl gets, she always still needs her daddy.”

It was like seeing a ghost. The same chestnut hair, long and wavy. Those eyes, big doe eyes, that whenever you found them looking back at you there was honestly no fucking hope of not being affected.

I knew it wasn’t Lynn, I wasn’t that delusional, but for a moment, just one split second I let myself believe that my past wasn’t real.

The resemblance be
Kim
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
DNF

Made it to 70%. There was nothing there between the mains. The h is one of those who thinks she is in Insta-love with the guy she just met. She wants him to immediately make her the center of his world.
The H needed extensive psychiatric help. It is unimaginable to think of losing a child, but he is reacting like it just happened. He is stuck in a four year old past.
Again, there was no chemistry, no connection between the mains. I couldn't see it getting any better. After a skim to the end,
Regina
Mar 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
Maybe heartfelt but boring

I was frankly bored . Ill.give you that it was a hard subject to write about but for me it didn't connect . I really didn't care about the characters . Something was just missing for me . And I was dreadfully bored. Every time I thought that it was gonna spark it would just even out . Like I expected angry sparks. Resentment for forcing him to feel. Anguish...... Nope
AND 1515
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
C.A Harms is an exceptional writer and Aaron and Faith's story is probably one of the hardest books I've read in awhile and is absolutely phenomenal and well worth the emotional journey from the first page I found myself cheering endlessly for Aaron to find the something that would help him heal and Faith and many others play a big role in helping Aaron move on in his life.

Megan
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it ❤

Amazing read loved the story from page to page Aaron had been through so much guilt and grief puts you through so many emotions even years after something you never truly get over but faith came at the right time for him although she at to fight through his grief and guilt,
Kali McQuillen
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-read
4.5* OMG my heart!!! I could feel the devastation, the hopelessness just bleeding off of the pages. Then I could feel the hope building, the wanting to try, the push and pull of feelings, emotions that just pulled at my heart!!!

Would the hopelessness win or will the love triumph? Read it and find out!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Unexpected Fall (Unexpected Arrivals, #3)
  • Unexpected Fight (Unexpected Arrivals, #2)
  • It's Not Over (Fair Lakes, #1)
  • Unexpected Bond (Unexpected Arrivals #4)
  • Unexpected Odds (Unexpected Arrivals #5)
  • I'm Yours
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes, #2)
  • Can't Fight It (Fair Lakes #3)
  • Agony (Entangled Hearts Duet #1)
  • Bliss (Entangled Hearts Duet, #2)
  • Yesterday Is Ours (Yesterday #3)
  • Why It’s Real
  • Reining Her In
  • Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers Book 1)
  • After We Met
  • Rumors
  • Where Love Lives (Maplewood Falls, #2)
  • The Way We Fell