Start by marking “Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)” as Want to Read:
Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)

Just Kidding

(SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)

Let’s do a calendar, they said. It’ll be fun, they said.

Well, they—I.e. Kilgore Police Department’s public relations specialists—were wrong.

Now, every time Dax Tremaine walks around a corner, the women of Kilgore, Texas can’t help calling him Mr. January.

Mr. January, can you fix my flat tire? Mr. January, can you cuff me? Mr. January, can you sign my boob?

It goes from bad
Published January 7th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Just Kidding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Kidding

Start your review of Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Rowen wanted Theo. Theo wanted her sister, Katy. Katy wanted nothing to do with Theo. Theo then continued to repel Rowen's subtle advances and started dating the only woman to have tortured her for a year. Rowen then lost her job. With nothing holding her back, she moved back home, reconnected with Dax, found him to be more man than any man she'd ever met, and quickly realized that everything she wanted was right there for the taking.

Their story was so cute and hot and it was everything. Rowen
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Dax and Rowen were perfectly matched. Rowen was someone who knew what she wanted, and more importantly, what she was and wasn’t willing to tolerate. She had great patience and a huge heart. Dax was a surly dude who was anything but to Rowen. I liked that he protected her but also let her do her own battles.

The plot was interesting and humorous. The characters were fleshed our well and the relationship felt natural. LLV has this style that is uniquely hers and she is
Lu Bielefeld
3 ⭐⭐⭐ - OK decent reads.
=======================
Well, since I didn't like the author's last books and noticed a decrease in her writing quality, I started reading with low expectation and it was ok reading. It was better than expected, but it wasn't a great read. I liked the hero and our heroine was not the worst. The villains very over the top and ridiculous. I liked the parents and was curious about the story of the heroine's brother.
Tina
Jan 06, 2020 marked it as dnf
Jesus why do I ever try to read books from this author??
Is's straight up tstl. Already we have a caricature of a bad guy in this case - woman, who switched heroine's shampoo and make her go bald and lose her job.

I just can't.
Gi's Spot Reviews

5 ‘ You’re Everything’ Stars

Sweet Baby Jesus… Talk about starting the year with a BANG! Just Kidding is EVERYTHING, and Dax and Rowen are absolute PERFECTION together!

Well, I thought the OG KPD SWAT couldn’t be beat, but it seems this new generation are going to give them a run for their money, and I’m soooooo here for it!

Ms. Vale once again rocked my world with these two. The gripping way Just Kidding started, the slow build up that left me glued to my e-
Vfc
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Izzie d
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really liked this one.
I haven't read many of the previous books and characters do appear from previous books but I didn't find it mattered.
Strong, protective Hero, though his mum still does his laundry.
Strong heroine.
Small other man drama.
Bitchy coworker drama.
Ex drama from Hero.
Slow burn, friends to lovers premise, but they are together by 50%.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and.
No pushing away.
Quite funny in parts.
HEA.
Epilogue.
Breadcrumbs dropped for future books in series. Teaser chapt
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
Another LLV book I read in one sitting. Rowan is a delightful heroine-she is sweet and funny and smart. Dax is a great hero-badass but warm and gooey when it comes to Rowan. I loved these two and their families. Vale just keeps churning out great stories that seem to break me out of my reading funks!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
Amazing start to a new series!

A new spin-off series by one of my favourite authors. It’s like Christmas came early as I tried to read slowly to make it last. Of course, that didn’t happen as Rowen and Dax proved to be too good to walk away before their story was done…

Rowen and Dax were gold in this hilarious, heart-warming and steamy romance… Work-place bullying, unrequited love and pure malice haunted Rowen until it all blew up in her face. Or on her head, to be precise. She was crushed but not
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
It wasn’t as good as I was hoping for. I didn’t dig the female narrator. And, I hate when things are left open. Did they get convicted, what happened to the kid, what happened to Theo? There are so many unanswered questions in this story.

And I was so looking forward to this new series. But it didn’t live up to my expectations.
Carmen Rae
So being fairly new to Lani Lynn Vale's work but having binged the hell out of the series I have read I wanted to read more but don't have the time to binge any of her longer series. Then I found this one. And I am still a fan. I love her writing style and her strong female characters and protective alpha men.

After reading the blurb I was expecting something a little bit different from what I got but I think that was more my preconceptions of how I thought it was going to play out. It wasn't a
phoebess
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
I don’t know if it was because of my recent bad luck in choosing books, or there was something magical about Rowen and Dax.
From the chapter one, I couldn’t get enough of their story and was loving every little thing they said or make.
I am sure it was the latter option—it put much-needed smile on my face.
Kristi
I never tire of Lani Lynn Vale books and I very rarely give them less than a 5 star. As much as I loved this book there were some issues that took away from the story for me. She always writes in dual POV and rarely ever does it get confusing but on more than one occasion in this book she would be writing in his POV and it would switch to hers and it wasn’t a new chapter. I don’t know about anybody else but that confuses the shit outta me! I can see how it has to be hard to keep that straight bu ...more
Chaos Book Reviews.
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a way to start 2020!

When I first read the teaser for this book in the KPD Box Set I knew it was gonna sink it's hooks into me straight off the bat.

Rowan the adorable four year old from Center Mass, is all grown up. She's kicking ass and taking names. After passing the Bar exam all she wants to do is save the world one court case at a time. But after some mishaps during her internship she's had to pack up and come home.

After having some shitty things go down in his teenage years, Dax found
Ana Laura
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I think sometimes the authors forget that reading a novel is like having a one-sided dialogue, that is, the information we have is the information in the book. We have no opportunity to ask the characters what they are feeling or what the consequences of certain attitudes were if they are not written there. That's why a good closing is so important. And that's exactly what I missed in this book. Do you hear Theo's regret? (Yes, I wish I could have seen him crawl) In addition to the evils OW's ja ...more
Julie
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A terrific story, and I can see from this first book from Lani Lynn Vale’s new series SWAT Generation 2.0, we’re in for an awesome journey.

This time around we have Rowan and Dax. Rowan has finally conquered law school, she’s passed the bar and now is in search of a job. She’s was looking forward to the position the internship would open up for her.....but Rowan didn’t count on Shondra’s interactions.
New to the Swat team, Dax is not too happy being told he has to pose for pictures for a calendar
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Dax was like a shot of warm whiskey straight to the heart."

I was so intrigued by the synopsis, knowing that the Mr. January situation would be very amusing. Knowing that there would be plenty of #HotCops, some that I'd met before and others I could look forward to spending time with in the future. And all of that is true...

What I wasn't expecting was to get beside myself upset over what happens to Rowen. I got attached to her and wanted to throw a shovel in the trunk and solve at least one
BleuBelle
The summary didn't match the story. I find this happens often with books by Lani Lynn Vale.

Aside from that this was just an ok read. The characters had no connection, no chemistry. It was insta-everything. One moment the Hero doesn't notice the Heroine at all, then he's "I love you". And of course "baby surprise".

The "villains" were just too much. Too stupid, too OTT, too unreal.

The epilogue was rushed and not satisfying at all.

I used to love LLV books, but lately they're lacking something.
Kodie Mackay
I didn't think I could be shocked to the mouth open fish gulping face by Lani after all the crazy I've read from her and I've read every book she's released. Oh boy did she have to go prove me wrong with that belter she pulled in this one!. Shookith would be an understatement and let me tell you I'd cut a bitch for that shit.

If the blurb didn't get you interested be assured that Rowen and Dax's book will not fail.

Rowen really thought she was in love with Theo her sister Katy's ex. Let's just s
Wickedly  Romance
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Dax and Rowen are both characters we met as children in their parent's books. I was waiting for Rowen's story after the tease we got in her sister's book. She was in love with her sister's ex which was plain for anyone to see. So I was curious as to how all of that would play out. Especially since Dax ain't the ex.

A lot happens in the first chapter of this book
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Oh my word, I knew this series was going to be good and man oh man this one started off racing...

Rowen is freaking awesome. She just finished law school and even though the guy she has been crushing on doesn't see her she's a lawyer... Until the unthinkable happens. But she rolls with the punches. She decides to move home and find a job. Then Dax Tremaine shows up in her life and changes everything again.
Dax shows up in Rowen's life at the perfect time. He is kind, protective, sweet, sexy and su
The Book Lover
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this story from beginning to end! I read it in one sitting.
Three Chicks
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Dax and Rowen's story is sassy with a little bit of drama and a lot of humor thrown in! Rowen handles some lousy shite that happens to her with more class than I would. She's a beautiful girl who needs a bit more confidence. Let's just say there's a real nasty hater who tries her best to undermine what little confidence she has. Only Rowen isn't about to let anyone keep her down.

Dax appears at just the right moment for Rowen. Being a man of authority he's a typical alpha who
Britt The Hatters
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-faves, faves
Well, it’s clear that Swat 2.0 is going to be dangerous for my heart. When it wasn’t racing it was melting and I’m pretty sure that effect is going to just occur more and more with this series. I absolutely LOVE getting to see the next generation of characters I’ve loved for years get their happily ever afters. And I love it even more when their stories are as outstanding as Rowen and Dax’s.
This book had me not only hooked but entirely on the edge of my seat literally from the start. Lani comes
Emily
Rowen Roberts is supposed to be starting her career with the man of her dreams. That is if she would get offered a position, which she didn't and the man of her dreams is a figment. The guy she has been crushing on for years she realizes is really not interested in her and she has wasted her time. One night of letting a bit loose though has a consequence by trusting someone she should never have trusted and heading home .

When his boss asks Dax Tremaine a favor, he doesn't hesitate. What he does
Fran
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am wondering if Lani Lynn Vale and Aurora Rose Reynolds are the same person. They even have the alliteration going on in two of their three names.
This is exactly as you’d expect. Short sweet simple with a little bit of action thrown in. Great heroine. Very ARR like. A good palate cleanser of a book.
Jody
With each successive book released I’ve become an even bigger fan of Ms. Vale and her delightful storytelling that’s the perfect balance of romance with a bit of suspense. This series starter has all the usual witty banter I’ve come to count on from Ms. Vale along with a delicious hero and sassy heroine whose interactions are teeming with sexual tension. Seeing these characters grow up from their younger years (seen in a previous book) pulled me into this story from the very first page and had m ...more
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to say that LLV's books are an automatic must-buy for me. It doesn't matter which book I read from hers, I've loved just about every single one of them. And when I'm in a funk, I can always rely on her reads to get me out of it.
Well, LLV has delivered another series to just fall in love with, more of Kilgore and characters you want to devour. ;-)

There's so many great moments throughout  Just Kidding , LLV always delivers with some pretty comical moments. And you'll definitely be ente
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Brand new series and a whole lot of what you get with LLV! Lani Lynn Vale is the queen of what she does, she's got a formula I admire, and it's apparent by her HUGE following that she's doing all the things righ. She's got me as a big fan and dare I say this new book is already a top favorite of mine for this year.

We've got Just Kidding, the first book in the SWAT Generation 2.0 series up now and it was everything in the best ways! Sexy. Twisty. Fun. Sweet. Unputdownable. Action packed.
Ana
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
It was ok. Cute and a little funny.
Not quite what the blurb says though.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy (The Baileys #5)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Avoiding Temptation (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • House of Scarlett (Legend Trilogy, #2)
  • Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #1)
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • So, That Got Weird (So Far, So Good, #1)
  • Falling for my Brother's Best Friend (The Baileys #4)
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy #3)
  • Savage Hunger (Savage Trilogy, #1)
  • Tequila
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Madness
  • Dreams of 18
  • Operation Bailey Wedding (The Baileys #3.5)
  • The Virgin Gift (The Gift #2)
  • Truly, Madly, Whiskey (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #2)
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

SWAT Generation 2.0 (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)
  • Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)
  • Ask Me If I Care (SWAT Generation 2.0 #4)
  • May Contain Wine (SWAT Generation 2.0 #5)
  • Joke's on You (SWAT Generation 2.0, #6)
  • Join the Club (SWAT Generation 2.0, #7)
  • Any Day Now (SWAT Generation 2.0, #8)
  • Say It Ain't So (SWAT Generation 2.0, #9)
  • Officially Over It (SWAT Generation 2.0, #10)
  • Nobody Knows (SWAT Generation 2.0, #11)