Start by marking “Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)” as Want to Read:
Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)

Fries Before Guys

(SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)

Sometimes people come into a person’s life and make their heart skip a beat.

Those people are called cops.

Well, one cop in particular.

A SWAT officer for the Kilgore Police Department, to be specific.

The first time Avery Flynn saw Derek Roberts, she was photographing him for the first annual Kilgore Police Department SWAT calendar. He was leaned back in his squad car, shirtl
Published February 11th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Fries Before Guys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fries Before Guys

Start your review of Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I was expecting light and easy and got such an emotional, heart wrenching, turbulent love story that easily earned all of the stars!

Avery Flynn had all the luck... too bad it was all bad 😭😭😭 First her mom was killed in a car accident, then her dad was killed in the line of duty. She was orphaned and trying to make her way. After taking a year off from her studies, she was back in high school, being bullied about her dead parents. Oh, and someone was desperate to kill her. So freaking luc
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was definitely curious about Avery and Derek after reading the previous book in the series. Avery was one of my favorite LLV heroines. She had terrible things happen to her, yet she persevered and showed strength consistently. She was kind, sweet, and genuine. Derek was a little bit more of an acquired taste. Once he realized his feelings, I enjoyed his interactions with Avery but before then he was quite frustrating. He’s not really an OTT alpha like many of LLV’s heroes but I actually liked ...more
Lu Bielefeld
2 ⭐⭐ - Meh!
=================

SPOILERS AND RANT...

I'm sorry, guys. But ...
I'm going to be the weirdo here. But this story really pissed me off.
Wow, what a heroine that attracts disasters and bad things. Poor thing!
Here in Brazil we would say that she has a "vulture on her shoulder", from so many bad things that happen to her.
Deaths of loved ones, lack of money and debt, loss of her home, bullying at school, without friends or family ... Too depressing.
And she just accepted everything witho
Vashti
Carmen Rae
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I put down Just Kidding and jumped straight into Fries Before Guys, at 2am, obviously I have zero self control. I just get so addicted to this author's work I need more.

We were introduced to both characters in the previous book and I immediately liked Avery. She just couldn't catch a break but she just kept coming back swinging and I loved her strength. I just can't even imagine going through all that and not giving up.

Derek I expected more from. Which feels a bit harsh because he was a great he
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
ehhhhh.....I can't give this more than 2 stars. It wasn't necessarily bad - so don't let my rating stop you from reading it - but the little things just annoyed me and took away from my enjoyment.

(view spoiler)
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
I run, never walk back to Kilgore! I couldn’t wait for Avery and Derek’s story and it was as swoony as I’d hoped it would be. Avery’s circumstances meant KPD circled the wagons, helping her when and where they could. Derek knew the years between them were huge and he tried hard to resist the pull she had but (thankfully) both of them couldn’t keep that up for long…

This author is my go to when I want to read sizzle and heart in equal measure. I laugh, I sometimes cry, but am always, always lost i
Ally.Always.Reads
Not really sure how to rate this because I liked it but I feel like there wasn’t enough. I felt like there was some things missing and I needed it.
But it was good. I wasn’t expecting so many emotions.
Romantic Critic
Jun 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
Thank fuck Fries Before Guys was relatively short. I hate starting a book and not finishing it, but I seriously debated making it my first DNF of the year. It was one of the most painful 246 pages of my entire romance reading history. I felt cheated by the synopsis – it failed to mention that the only reason why Derek initially rejected Avery was because of her age. She was a teenager who still attended high school while his age was kept ambiguous throughout. Unlike other novels where the protag ...more
Harry
Sweet...simple...emotional ....adorable
And as i always say about LLV's books ....they are like my comfort food😍
Emily
Derek Roberts was well aware of Avery Flynn before she took his photo for the SWAT calendar. He knew she was the daughter of two deceased cops, he knew he felt a pull towards her, but he also knew she was too young for him and still in high school. What he didn't know was that Avery was going to ask him out and it ended up blowing up in his face when he decides she maybe young but she is it for him.

Avery has lost a lot in the past couple of years but she has a plan in place to finish highschool
Izzie d
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

Fries Before Guys gives us another SWAT 2.0 guy. Honestly though, this book belongs to Avery. Her SWAT hottie is just a support character.

Avery will bring tears to even the deadest of hearts. Her life is filled with more challenges than anyone her age should have to deal with. Her parents died, she had to take a year off from high school, and now she is a 19 year old senior who has to scrape by just to keep her a roof over her head. Then, she finds out some seriously messed up stuff about
Kodie Mackay
EMOTIONAL, CLIMACTIC, TUMULTUOUS AND RAW

Fries before guys just isn't what I expected. Not even close.

I love that all her books intertwine in some way or another and you can always catch old faces amongst the new. This world and these characters that's she's created are some of my most favourite ever and the fact she continues to explained and evolve this ever growing world never ceases to amaze me.

Avery has lived a hard life point blank but even more so considering how young she is. No one shou
Nance
3.5 star rating

Another steamy and emotional romance from Lani Lynn Vale. Very entertaining and romantic with a wonderful family dynamic. Secrets are divulged as the truth comes out. This author’s ideas are fresh and raw, which makes for a very intriguing love story...
Laiza
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well this stay at home situation gives me time to read and catch up on my TBR list.. This book is amazing I just want to hug Avery bigtime and tell her to hold on as everything will be alright soon.
I love the story and I can't wait for Ford and Ashe story..
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
I had a little hard time connecting with this one, check out my full review and all on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Avery has it rough, but she never lets it get her down. She knows the hot SWAT officer she's taking pics of for their calendar isn't interested in her, he couldn't make his disinterest more clear. But she's got a lot more important things to worry about than some guy with an oversize ego. She is trying to make it through high school after having taken a year off when her parents passed. She's now completely on her own and making a living the best she can. So when Derek suddenly seems intent
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: didi-reviews
Simply put FRIES BEFORE GUYS is an sweet, emotional and sexy story!!!! It will require some Kleenex.

Avery, poor sweet, can’t get a break Avery. In the span of just a couple of years her world was torn apart and torn upside down and the hits keep coming. She is working on trying to graduate high school, she’s 19 and had to skip a year because of the traumatic, life changing experiences she has gone through. She’s literally all on her own and has become a photographer to support herself. No matte
Red Cheeks Reads
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

I’m absolutely loved Lani Lynn Vale’s original KPD-SWAT series, so it’s been a lot of fun to revisit those characters, and meet their children and other new characters in this next generation series. It’s really incredible what Vale has created in her fictional Kilgore, Texas world. She has been building it, story by story, series by series, for years with her many intersecting, intertwining books and series. As a result of this unparalleled character development, Vale has given her r
Renee Entress
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, pain, sorrow, suspense, secrets, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)

This is Avery and Derek's story. Avery knows what it is like to lose everything. Derek feels the pull but thinks she is too young. But when she gets hurt everything changes. He will do anything to help her, but will it be enough? She is being threatened but he will stop at
Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm going to keep this review sweet, short, and simple.

I liked Avery. I thought she was sweet, kind, and thoughtful. I felt for the girl, the past couple of years haven't been the best for her. The daughter of two police officers, she has lost both of her parents. She took a year off of school, at nineteen she's finally trying to finish school.

I mean Derek was alright. If you read Rowen and Dax's story, than you should remember that Derek is Rowen's brother.

This story was ok, it was enjoyable
Isha Coleman
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
First impressions can be brutal, but it's the surprising twists that make the journey worthwhile. Neither Derek or Avery are looking for permanent. However, sometimes life has other plans. From awkward first impressions to dangerous situations and steamy attraction, Fries Before Guys is as unpredictable as it is entertaining. Vale packs heat and heart to deliver unforgettable.
phoebess
Jun 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
Fries Before Guys was quite good read. I loved the characters and their chemistry.
Only fault I found it with was with the bullying being tossed in and out of the story when it felt like great turning point and basically nothing was resolved about it.
Astraycat
I've waited to read Avery's story since knew about her background from 1st story. Felt deeply for her, not only for her loss of her parents in such a young age but also for the bully she had to endure in high school.

Although H rejected her when she asked him a date, he was always there for her. Quite a slow romance but I enjoyed their build-up. Avery deserved this HEA.

Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Wildfire Marketing Solutions and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

This newest addition to the SWAT Generation 2.0 series was an emotional, heartbreaking read and yet it was one that I couldn’t stop myself from completing once I picked it up!

Avery Flynn has all the bad luck in the world –
I swear, I do not even know how th
Gi's Spot Reviews

5 ‘I. Want. You.’ Stars

OMG, Lani Lynn Vale‘s FRIES BEFORE GUYS has put me through the best of ringers! Derek and Avery’s story made you go through one end to the other of the EMOTIONAL spectrum! How is it possible that in just one book, one unforgettable love story, I go from crying my little black heart out to belly hurting, ‘rolling in the floor’ laughing?! Pure LLV brilliance, that’s how!

I knew, going into this book would wreck me, Avery’s heartbreakin
Bec
I’m closing in on 40 books read from this author. So I know she can write. There’s something comforting about opening a book you know you will enjoy and definitely root for the hero and the heroine and their HEA. Avery and Derek are both very likable characters that you want to see find happiness.

Throughout the book though I found myself pondering the scenarios and their general reality in the real world. I also found myself pondering timeframes and timelines and not in the space time continuum
Darcy
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, 2020, romance
This one should come with a warning to not read it in public. I about lost it when reading about Avery and how she dealt with her mother's death and donating the organs. Kept having to wipe my eyes and people were staring at me. My heart broke for her, to loose her mother and to be so concsious about the good that she was still doing by donating the organs.

Of course that the was the 1st bad thing that happened to Avery. It didn't take long before I realized if it wasn't for bad luck Avery would
Erin Lewis
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review Fries Before Guy by Lani Lynn Vale

Initially I wasn’t too keen on hot cop SWAT officer Derek Robert aka Mr. February, particularly since he was such a jerk to photographer Avery Flynn.
Weeks later Derek is tasked with saving Avery despite her protests.

This was a roller coaster of a read with my heart almost breaking for Avery at times and tears were shed. Avery has been through do much that I wanted to scream, I could feel her pain. It also covers the issue of bullying
and the dev

• Confessions of a Naughty Nanny (The Baileys #6)
  • You're The One
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Doughn't Let Me Go (Slice, #3)
  • Silver Player (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Making You Mine (The Bradens & Montgomerys: Pleasant Hill - Oak Falls, #5)
  • The Lying Season
  • Rules of Engagement
  • The Three Kiss Clause
  • Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy (The Baileys #5)
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • A Fairbanks Affair (Odds-Are-Good, #3)
  • Legend
  • Sinners & Gin (Top Shelf, #6)
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #2)
  • Always Mine (Liam & Madelyn, #1; Roommate Duet, #5)
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

SWAT Generation 2.0 (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)
  • Ask Me If I Care (SWAT Generation 2.0 #4)
  • May Contain Wine (SWAT Generation 2.0 #5)
  • Joke's on You (SWAT Generation 2.0, #6)
  • Join the Club (SWAT Generation 2.0, #7)
  • Any Day Now (SWAT Generation 2.0, #8)
  • Say It Ain't So (SWAT Generation 2.0, #9)
  • Officially Over It (SWAT Generation 2.0, #10)
  • Nobody Knows (SWAT Generation 2.0, #11)