Start by marking “May Contain Wine (SWAT Generation 2.0 #5)” as Want to Read:
May Contain Wine (SWAT Generation 2.0 #5)

May Contain Wine

(SWAT Generation 2.0 #5)

This is for charity. This is for fun. You are a professional. You can do it.

Those are the words that Calloway Alvarez chants to herself as she watches all the large men gather into the small room where she’ll be doing the interviews for her employer—Hero Magazine.

Honestly, she’s convinced herself that she can’t accomplish the task at hand.

That is until she hears his voice,
Published May 12th 2020

To ask other readers questions about May Contain Wine, please sign up.
Renee On the author's website, under Coming Soon a book called Conjugal Visits (Soul Chapel Revenants Book 2) has Beckham Spurlock as the heroine. The blurb…moreOn the author's website, under Coming Soon a book called Conjugal Visits (Soul Chapel Revenants Book 2) has Beckham Spurlock as the heroine. The blurb is there if you want to read it in full.(less)

Start your review of May Contain Wine (SWAT Generation 2.0 #5)
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Oh cute.. so so cute..
Hero makes the mistake of breaking things with the heroine. After he did it he knew he made a huge mistake. Things weren’t greener on the other side. (His words, not mine)
She stayed a virgin while he didn’t. 😂😂 let’s give a prize to the asshole who broke her heart because he wanted to see what was on the other side and he knew she wasn’t going to leave the town so he left her.
“Shamefully, I hadn’t had a good reason when I broke up with her.
I’d been selfish, thinking of myse
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I fell so easily in love with this second chance romance! Calloway and Louis had been friends forever. Their parents were really close and so they basically grew up together. As their crush game grew stronger, they became a couple, but when Louis was about to graduate from high school (Cal still had a year left), he broke up with her as he had enlisted. He didn't want her waiting for him and wanted her to explore without worry. I think his intentions were good, but it ended up real bad. So bad i ...more
The Book Bee
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 3.5 POSITIVE STARS
"He sure knew how to say things to make me feel things that I shouldn't be feeling."

Ooooh, Calloway is feisty!!! That was my first thought upon starting this book, and what an introduction to my first LLV book this was. I have been recommended this author many times over the years, but I was always too scared to jump in because it seemed as if every series was a spinoff of another, and each series had copious amounts of books. This was clearly a daunting pool to jum
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
As soon as I get a LLV book, I devour it instantly. She has a way of making her characters unique and very likable. I was intrigued by the dynamics between Louis and Calloway. There was definite animosity from Cal’s perspective, and not without reason, but there was love too. Louis was a kid the first time they started a relationship and, thinking he knew what was best, made decisions for the both of them.

The plot added some OTT elements that were entertaining. I had a few LOL moments. Cal is m
Vashti
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
So far,this is one of my fav books in this series of the original "SWAT"kids.
I do know for a fact that I will not be reading the next 2 books in this series as it has the tropes I do not like ...the keeping it in the family trope.Those would be Booth and Bourne's book with the twin sisters.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

May Contain Wine by Lani Lynn Vale was another in a long line of books I adored! Louis and Calloway have a great second chance romance story that gave me all the feels.

Louis grovels good! He knew he made a mistake breaking up with Calloway, but they were young. However, she is NOT quick to forgive. He broke her teenage heart and she simply can't trust him. While she might not trust him, she never stopped loving him. That's the problem for Calloway-if she gives in and he walks away again? T
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
This was... just okay.

I've heard Lani Lynn Vale's name being thrown around a lot lately, so I decided to finally take the plunge with what sounded like a sweet second-chance romance. It was definitely that - but it was pretty bland, and the 'thriller' part of the plot was skip-worthy.

Louis Spurlock broke up with Calloway Alvarez right before enlisting. He quickly realised what a big mistake he'd made, and tried to win her back a few (unspecified) years later - once he returned. She meanwhile
Carmen Rae
Louis and Calloway were perfect together. I really wasn't sure what to expect from their story as we had gotten a few bits and pieces of them previously. So I knew that they had history but I wasn't sure what had happened to break them up.

And I really loved that it was pretty much just life and Louis trying to do the right thing. And even though it was misguided and he was an idiot he realised it immediately and there didn't seem to be any drama while they were separated.

Calloway was a great h
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.5 ' You're His One and He's Yours' Stars

Awww... There just something so incredibly satisfying about Lani Lynn Vale's second chance romance! Funny, emotional, sexy and just the right amount of suspense, May Contain Wine checked all my romance loving heart's boxes!

Yep, that's right, Ms. Vale did it yet again, making me fall in love with characters that I could see myself holding a grudge against, after the previous books. Calloway I knew from the get go I'd love, because as Ares - from Ask Me If
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: didi-reviews
May Contain Wine is a second chance romance that hits all the right spots.  Louis and Calloway have been connected since they were children, everyone knows one day they will be married.  Then Louis shatters Calloway’s heart when he leaves her her senior year of high school. As a result, Calloway decides to keep him out of her life even when he returns home.  Louis realizes he made the biggest mistake of his life but cannot seem to get through to Calloway.  He is determined to win Calloway back a ...more
Chaos Book Reviews.
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Louis Spurlock has loved Calloway Alvarez his entire life. But breaking up with her was one of the stupidest things his ever done.

“I don’t like that you somehow hid this from me,” I muttered, my eyes on hers. Why was this kept a secret? She shrugged. “I didn’t really like that you had to donate your blood so I wouldn’t die, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles.”

Calloway has never forgiven Louis for leaving her. But both being kids from the original SWAT team and his blood donations for her
Astraycat
Great read. Although H broke up with h several years ago, he did try hard to get her forgive him. I liked their chemistry, and how H tried to get h's attention. Fortunately, we didn't wait long for they to get together in this book.

The only thing I didn't like was the villian's motive and identity. Made no sense. Not sure if I'll read the next book or not, seemed to be an "unsafe" book.
Kathy West
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am all about a second chance romance and that is what I got with Calloway and Louis.

Louis and Calloway went through a bad brake-up. He left her for the military. He wanted her to live her own life and not worry about him.

Calloway was devastated. But she was determined to live her life as best she could. Calloway never saw herself as someone beautiful. She was just there.

Calloway also has a blood disorder and has to have transfusions. But she trys to not let that hold her back.

"I wasn’t fat,
Karin
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Louis and Calloway were high school sweethearts until he made the dumb decision to break up with her which he knew was a major mistake the moment it happened but in the time since he is constantly trying to win her back with no such luck. I loved how Calloway didn’t let him get off easy and I loved how devoted he was to prove her wrong
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Apple | Nook | Kobo

Since the moment Louis made the most idiotic move of his life and broke up with his love, Calloway, he's regretted it. And though he's tried like hell to at first explain and get her back, then later to give her space, now he's done with space, he's gonna get that second chance if it's the last thing he does. If only he could get Miss Stubborn to give him the time of day...

Calloway has never gotten over Louis. Which is why she co
Kodie Mackay
I'm a sucker for a second chance romance. Add in that they're childhood friends that grew up with eachother. Then add in that it's Lani writting it and I'm all for it. This author just gets it right every damn time. Second chance romance eat your heart out.

Calloway is known for being a little homebody. But life had very different ideas for her and she out grew the girl that didn't want to travel. In fact she build herself a pretty lucrative business on her blog and even better gave herself a vo
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

These second gen books are amazing; each one pulls us in at the start just for the simple fact that we had the privilege of watching their parents get their HEA and how the kids came to be, and now we get to watch the kids do it... to me this is absolute perfection! Louis (named after his grandfather, god what a story that was) and Calloway (Bennett and Lennox's daughter) were a hot item in high school. Their parents worked together, they were together all the time so
All Booked Out
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5

May Contain Wine is the second novel in the KPD Swat Generation 2.0 series and Louis and Calloway may be my favourite couple yet. A second chance, enemies to lovers, friends to lover’s romance all wrapped together in a big and beautiful bow.

Louis has loved Calloway since a child, even after he makes the worst mistake of breaking up with her. I seriously want a Louis! Sorry husband. But ahh I loved him! He was sweet, caring and protective, possessive and growly. Yum! He has literally b
Bec
Sadly this one is just a three star for me. LLV spins some weirdly fun tales and the drama plot to this one was a confusing dogs breakfast with a very sad end. It seemed so abrupt and out of sync with what was depicted as that characters qualities. Here he was trying to help his brother by reaching out to a strange and unsettling mother who didn’t seem to care about either one of her kids. It was just an odd plot with some of those threads LLV starts wi5out giving the reader the whys and wherefo ...more
Erin Lewis
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review May Contain Wine (Swat Next Generation 2.0 #5) by Lani Lynn Vale

I fell hard and fast for Calloway Alvarez and Louis Spurlock’s second chance at love story. From the first to the last chapter I was riveted to the story that Lani Lynn Vale wove and had a hard time putting it down.

This was a roller coaster of a read as yo could feel the pain that Calloway still carries from Louis’s breaking up with her when they were younger. I understood his reasoning and my heart went out to him w
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
May Contain Wine by Lani Lynn Vale
“Second chances, 5 stars”

Every time a Vale book drops on my kindle, I drop whatever I’m doing and jump in. May Contain Wine being no exception. Louis and Calloway used to be a thing when they were younger. But like most young romances, they didn’t last. Louis has been biding his time, letting Calloway’s anger fade before making his move. He wants Calloway, she’s it for him and he will do whatever necessary to get her back.
Calloway is mad about why Louis broke up
K.
May 12, 2020 rated it liked it
It was good but the H and h getting back together felt quick. I think it’s bc you only get an overview of the years between. Normally, I like the h being a virgin. But here Cal is not having sex Bc it wasn’t Lou and I bet he was getting laid while serving. That I don’t like. Either he loved her all those years and kept it in his pants or he was once again being selfish.
Heather andrews
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well at least Louis won't be thrown off track, "his erection, I noted, was still there. Apparently almost being killed by lightning wasn’t something that turned him off." Calloway is very serious when it comes to her bacon, "I kissed him hard, then let go of him so I could turn back to my bacon. “I’m in the either burn it or crisp it stage,” I explained as he chuckled at my abruptness. “I don’t want to burn it.” I liked this book, I loved Louis.
Patti Correa
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! Full of laughs, hot sexy times, and a bit of weird mystery! And those chapter headings, OMG! I love all of LLV's books, they are fun cannot put down books that make you happy. Love this next generation of the SWAT guys! Every one of them just brings all the feels!!
Lisa Mandina
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve come to be a big fan of Lani Lynn Vale. I haven’t read all of her books, haven’t even read any of the original SWAT series I don’t think. But at some point, if I ever have any extra time, I’ll want to go back and try them. For now I’m going to continue enjoying this second generation of the characters that are the kids of that original series.

Something I’ve noticed is a bit of a formula for these stories, and I like that I have a pretty good idea. Basically about the first half is spent wit
Rebecca
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
The second generation of SWAT is shaping up to be just as crazy and as wonderful as the original series, and it’s because of the intriguing characters Lani Lynn Vale crafts, the crazy antics that abound in the story lines, and the family feel of these essential workers.

Louis is an interesting hero; he knows he messed up all those years ago when he broke up with Calloway, but he did what he had to do for himself and for her. And, even though he regrets it, he gives her the space she thinks she n
Vfc
Calloway is introduced as needing blood transfusions to supplement the loss from her monthly menstrual cycle to help her Anaemia. Her monthly flow would be heavy enough to require monthly transfusions to remain healthy.

Louis “I hadn’t had a good reason when I broke up with her. I’d been selfish, thinking of myself, and not wanting to have a reason at home to stop me from fulfilling my own dreams—i.e., travel the world and do the things that I knew without a shadow of a doubt Calloway would never
Kayread
May 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Kathryn Linke
4.5 Stars

May Contain Wine is the fifth book in the Swat Generation 2.0 series. Every time I pick up one of the books in this series, I have a desire to not only re-read the books in the Code 11: KPD Swat series, to relive the stories of their parents, but to start at the very beginning with The Freebirds series. So many of Lani’s books are entwined with familiar faces throughout I feel like I need to familiarise myself with the books I read several years ago.

May Contain Wine is Calloway Alvarez
Brandi
My favorite book of the series, so far! It had everything I want in my second chance romances; a redeemable Hero who never gave up in his pursuit of the heroine, a genuine connection between the main characters & a swoon factor that was through the roof.

It was so easy to fall in love with Louis & Calloway. They were such a fun couple & had some major chemistry together.

Calloway… She was sweet, funny & someone I’d love to be friends with. I adored her strength & how she made Louis work for it. S
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Charmer
  • My Bestie's Ex (The Rooftop Crew, #1)
  • Catch Twenty-Two (Westover Prep, #2)
  • A Slice of Love (Slice, #4)
  • The Ninth Inning (The Boys of Baseball, #1)
  • Here With Me
  • Heartless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #5)
  • 'Til the Last Lyric (Life of Debauchery, #2)
  • P.S. It's Always Been You
  • Steal You Away
  • The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)
  • Looking to Score
  • Sinful Intent (ALFA Investigations, #1)
  • Unlawful Desire (ALFA Investigations, #2)
  • The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
  • The Darkest Captive (Lords of the Underworld, #14.5)
  • Wicked Impulse (ALFA Investigations, #3)
  • Butterfly Bayou (Butterfly Bayou, #1)
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

SWAT Generation 2.0 (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)
  • Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)
  • Ask Me If I Care (SWAT Generation 2.0 #4)
  • Joke's on You (SWAT Generation 2.0, #6)
  • Join the Club (SWAT Generation 2.0, #7)
  • Any Day Now (SWAT Generation 2.0, #8)
  • Say It Ain't So (SWAT Generation 2.0, #9)
  • Officially Over It (SWAT Generation 2.0, #10)
  • Nobody Knows (SWAT Generation 2.0, #11)

News & Interviews