Start by marking “Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)” as Want to Read:
Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)

Maybe Swearing Will Help

(SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)

Ford Spurlock has known Ashe Trammel since they were babies.

He’s also done his level best to stay away from her because every time he gets to within five feet of her, they’re fighting like cats and dogs.

Ashe is the apple of her father’s eye. The motorcycle club princess that was never to be harmed in any way—or touched for that matter. And he’s always resented the fact tha
Published March 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Maybe Swearing Will Help, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maybe Swearing Will Help

Start your review of Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
It's LIVE! https://amzn.to/2xtnVSY

Ashe and Ford were frenemies. They grew up together, did a lot of messed up things together, broke bones together, had each other's backs, and were at each other's necks all their lives. They were antagonistic towards each other, but if one of them needed the other, they were there... no matter what. So what happens when all of that built up tension that they'd denied for so long finally explodes? Well, you get the awesomeness that Lani Lynn Vale created!

When As
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ford and Ashe were childhood frenemies who bickered often yet protected one another. As adults, that tension takes a turn in a different direction and I enjoyed how it unfolded. They had good chemistry and the intimacy was sensual.

The plot felt a little all over the place and OTT in some ways but it was entertaining nonetheless. I didn’t note any disturbances in pace and the overall tone fits the typical LLV signature style.

I am looking forward to the next in the series.

Complementary copy rec
Carmen Rae
Ok that's the Lani Lynn Vale book I have been wanting. Honestly I read the first two books in this series and didn't even care what this one was about I already knew I was reading it. Then I read the blurb and was a little apprehensive.

Ashe sounded like a bit of a bitch and I thought I wouldn't like her. But honestly whoever wrote that blurb was a dirty rotten liar because I loved Ashe. She and Ford might have fought like cat and dog but underneath it they were thick as thieves and I really en
Kathy West
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book.

Ashe and Ford had a love/hate relationship. They had had one for years. Everyone could see it but them.

Ashe had always done what ever she could do to help ford. Even if that meant cheating for him on tests in high school so he would pass.

As they grew, their love/hate grew too.

When a bet happened, Ashe knew she could not turn it down. She could not let Ford win.

But that bet turned into more.

More arguing. More time together. More hate. But also more love.

But can that love overc
RJ
Mar 09, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF @ chapter 14

just lost interest. the H wasn't the alpha, totally-about-the-heroine type i was hoping for

safety:
- they've known each other since they were kids and H has been with OW in that period. they weren't really pinning after each other back then but still had a bond of a sorts
- heroine was still a virgin b/c of a "latex and birth control" allergy. lol okay. conveniently there were latex-free condoms when it came to the H.. interesting.
- H/h have sex and they're still in the denying the
Lu Bielefeld
3 ⭐⭐⭐ - OK decent reads.
=======================
“Mother,” I said. “Last week, I saw Ford with some beauty queen. She had a head full of long, red hair that fell softly down her back in waves. She had beautiful lips and perky tits. And she was about eleven feet tall in five-inch heels. Trust me when I say, I’m not his type.”

I was allergic to latex. I was allergic to birth control.

“I want to do that next time,” I informed him. He shrugged. “There won’t be a next time, remember?” I nodded. “Oh. Yeah
Lydia
Apr 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: virgin-heroine
I’m absolutely over the virgin heroine thing. Seriously?!!!

Manwhore hero. He kept a latex free condom for a chance that he had sex with heroine, but still slept with other women. Nothing says loving a woman like sleeping with women that aren’t her.

Like an airhead, she somehow finds this romantic?
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Shelves: just-ok, boring, safe
I've come to the consensus that instead of dealing with the issues at hand most of LLV's characters just ignore it and never address it. We're told about the issues but theres never a confrontation or discussion. Also...if the heroine is a virgin (and she most typically is...) its never acknowledged as being something of importance by the hero.

However, I guess by ignoring all of it then theres no angst and perhaps that's what the author is going for.

In this story the MC's have always had a love/
Clau
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Whoever wrote the blurb of this book did a horrible job. And the tittle does not fit the story.
Ashe asks Ford to be a model in this calendar and donate money for her charity (a cat shelter), but he refuses. Then, they make a bet: he'll donate money if she gets into SWAT. And if she doesn't, she has to go in a date with him and eat ramen. That's how she enters the police department, where Ashe works.
These two have known each other since they were babies. They "hate" each other, or at least that's
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description
Laugh out loud read with all the feels...

I probably say that about all of this author’s stories but they have never failed to make me laugh. To make me misty umpteen times. And always, always leave me craving more. Unique characters with relationships that spark emotion across the spectrum, Ford and Ashe are the latest example of why I am such a devoted fan…

“I’ve loved you for forever... You were just too busy arguing with me to see it.”

Oh my heart... These two were just plain hilarious. Fro
Harry
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Smoooooooth...
She has a way of writing that you start a book and can easily end it in one go....
Still i wanted more of Ford😒
Laiza
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I swear this book is good 👍!
Classic Frenemies, best friends to lovers story! ❤️❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
Kodie Mackay
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Swear Mary mother of all I was just not fucking ready for it. For them. Like!!!! HTF did we get here already?.

Ford and Ashe are double trouble. The best of friends who love to hate eachother and occasionally throw a punch in here or there.

There is no doubting their chemistry because these pair are damn near made for eachother. All it took was a bet. Oh and the threat of moving to shove a rocket up his stubborn ass.

Ashe is fierce.I immediately fell in love with her take no shit grab a bull by
phoebess
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Ashe and Ford’s story grabbed me from the beginning. I enjoyed their banter and the fact that she was a badass fighter in a “I’m so cool you won’t know what is happening until it’s late” way. And Ford was so supportive of her. *happy sigh* I just wanted to read about them forever.
I can’t wait to see if there will be any conclusion to the serial killer story. That part of the book really intrigued me.
Darcy
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book, 2020, romance
Ashe and Ford's arguing about everything got old so very fast. Yet it wasn't hard to see that it was easy for them to go from arguing to lovers, the old saying of a fine line between love and hate being true. There was a lot in this one that I wanted to know more of, things that were sort of dropped. Sure there was a note from the author at the end that she was setting things up for later books, but it left this one very light. ...more
Ally.Always.Reads
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love a good frenemies to lovers.
I love it even more that these two had such a long background together. It makes me want to go back and reread some books though! 😂
Ruth Kamau
Mar 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Nothing much to write about.
Gi's Spot Reviews
3.75 ‘Love To Hate’ Stars

Oh boy, talk about fighting like cats and dogs!!! Ford and Ashe are the definition of mortal enemies since childhood, and now all that banter and friction exploded into the most intense of romances! OMG, the banter was just so SPOT ON!!!

These SWAT 2.0’s are as delicious as they covers point too, and Mr. March’s story was no exception, I enjoyed the heck out of it, who knew that this deep seated childhood nemesis could turn into a love this bright, when they barely manag
Three Chicks
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

I keep reading that this is an enemy to lovers romance, but I wouldn't say that Ashe Trammel and Ford Spurlock are exactly enemies. They were raised together, but they were rivals. Each trying to outdo each other with pranks. As they got older, Ashe is disgusted with the parade of girls that seem to come and go in Ford's life.

Ashe is a huge cat lover and will do anything to save the innocent little lives. So when an opportunity comes along for Ford to pose in a calendar aimed
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
Another HIT by Lani in the SWAT GEN 2.0 Series! LOVED Ford & Ashe. Check out ym FULL REVIEW & TEASER on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
 photo 20190911_093631_zpsyslz1m7j.png
Erin Lewis
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review Maybe Swearing Will Help (Swat Next Generation 2.0 #3)  by Lani Lynn Vale

This is Ford Spurlock and MC princess Ashe Trammel’s enemies to friends to lovers story.

They have been adversaries since birth, so their history is long and complicated, but underneath it all is a relationship built on friendship. They fight like cats and dogs and yet there is a fine line between love and hate. Particularly as the sexual tension between them is building.

I liked Ford, he is certainly an al
Isha Coleman
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
From heartstopping to heartwarming, Lani Lynn Vale definitely makes her presence known. At first glimpse, she entices with humor and then tempts the senses with so much more. Maybe Swearing will Help is endearingly, alluring. Ford and Ashe sneak up on your emotional blindside to wreak havoc on your heart. A story like this one is easy to love. The hard part is saying goodbye when the end has come and gone.

Izzie d
It's okay.
Hero and heroine grow up together, hating each other so as with this troupe they see each other date though the only times it's mentioned is about him.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
HEA.

Storyline 4.25
Overall Rating 4.25
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Robin

Ford and Ashe’s book was a cute enemies to lovers book. The type where Ford was allowed to pick on Ashe but no one else better touch her. Most of the story was sweet, subtle attraction...just thinking they won’t work. But boy, they so do. Steamy with just a tiny bit of a cat mystery going on. Entertaining and fun to read.
Dawn Gee
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun read

Ford and Ashe really know how to push each other's buttons. There are so many funny scenes but don't be fooled they get steamy too. This is an entertaining read. The best part to me is getting to read about their parents too.
Rebecca
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s always been said that the boys who treat girls the worst out on the playground and ultimately whenever they’re around each other actually like them in a way they don’t like anyone else, and even though it’s a backward way of looking at things, for Ford Spurlock and Ashe Trammel, that seems to be the epitome of their love/hate relationship - one that started when they were babies and has carried through to adulthood. But now the stakes are so much higher than tattling on him for throwing dir ...more
Neringa Neringiukas
Mar 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Not sure why, but this story wasn't... On the same level as others. I mean, it had Lani vibe, but... Maybe because I'm not a big fan, when H and h are frenemies and it takes years for them to finally pull their heads of theirs asses to see, what's obvious.
I like ex drama, but I'm not disappointed when there's none. But here I needed some drama from Fords ex. Don't know why, but I feel kinda robbed. Lol.
In all it's OK story, just something was missing for me.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

Maybe Swearing Will Help continues SWAT generation 2.0 series and I gobbled this one up as quickly as the other ones! In this edition, we get Ford Spurlock (parents Trance and Viddy from Kevlar to my Vest) and Ashe Trammel (parents Torren and Tru from Charge to my Line). Ford and Ashe have known each other since they were babies. They have bickered since they learned to talk.

I think Maybe Swearing is kind of a frienemies to lovers book. Ashe and Ford certainly banter a ton and have pranked
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love that we a get a couple releases by LLV every month, I always look forward to reading her books and I put EVERYTHING down when one hits my kindle. Next in the KPD Swat Generation 2.0[image error] series is Ashe and Ford's story in Maybe Swearing Will Help [image error] . A good ole frenemies to lovers romance that I enjoyed every minute of.

One thing that I love about Lani's books are the heroines, they're tough cookies and can absolutely hold their own. Also, I realize that they all k
Jamie - The Bookish Attitude
I'm really starting to fall head over heals for LLV's characters.
The men all seem to be the right mix of sweet, funny and completely alpha. The females are strength, determination and also hilarious.

This book was no exception. A lifetime of history growing up in the Dixie Warden's Ford and Ashe despise each other. A life time of the constant push and pull without realising the thin line that is their love-hate relationship.

despite their hatred Ford and Ashe have always been best-friends, the

• Ready to Run
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Breathless
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Great and Precious Things
  • The Sinner (Haven Grace Prep, #1)
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Brix (A Rebels Havoc, #1)
  • Biker Beauties Volume 2
  • You're The One (Very Irresistible Bachelors, #1)
  • It Was Always You (Calamity Falls, #5)
  • A Lovely Confession (Debt of Passion Duet #2)
  • Confessions of a Naughty Nanny (The Baileys #6)
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • Unforgiven (Loveless, Texas #2)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

SWAT Generation 2.0 (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0, #1)
  • Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)
  • Ask Me If I Care (SWAT Generation 2.0 #4)
  • May Contain Wine (SWAT Generation 2.0 #5)
  • Joke's on You (SWAT Generation 2.0, #6)
  • Join the Club (SWAT Generation 2.0, #7)
  • Any Day Now (SWAT Generation 2.0, #8)
  • Say It Ain't So (SWAT Generation 2.0, #9)
  • Officially Over It (SWAT Generation 2.0, #10)
  • Nobody Knows (SWAT Generation 2.0, #11)

News & Interviews

“Saying ‘have a nice day’ sounds friendly. Saying ‘enjoy your next twenty-four hours’ sounds threatening.” 0 likes