Start by marking “Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)” as Want to Read:
Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)

Maybe Swearing Will Help

(SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)

Ford Spurlock has known Ashe Trammel since they were babies.

Hes also done his level best to stay away from her because every time he gets to within five feet of her, theyre fighting like cats and dogs.

Ashe is the apple of her fathers eye. The motorcycle club princess that was never to be harmed in any wayor touched for that matter. And hes always resented the fact that she
Published March 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Maybe Swearing Will Help, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maybe Swearing Will Help

Start your review of Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
It's LIVE! https://amzn.to/2xtnVSY

Ashe and Ford were frenemies. They grew up together, did a lot of messed up things together, broke bones together, had each other's backs, and were at each other's necks all their lives. They were antagonistic towards each other, but if one of them needed the other, they were there... no matter what. So what happens when all of that built up tension that they'd denied for so long finally explodes? Well, you get the awesomeness that Lani Lynn Vale created!

When
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ford and Ashe were childhood frenemies who bickered often yet protected one another. As adults, that tension takes a turn in a different direction and I enjoyed how it unfolded. They had good chemistry and the intimacy was sensual.

The plot felt a little all over the place and OTT in some ways but it was entertaining nonetheless. I didnt note any disturbances in pace and the overall tone fits the typical LLV signature style.

I am looking forward to the next in the series.

Complementary copy
Carmen Rae
Ok that's the Lani Lynn Vale book I have been wanting. Honestly I read the first two books in this series and didn't even care what this one was about I already knew I was reading it. Then I read the blurb and was a little apprehensive.

Ashe sounded like a bit of a bitch and I thought I wouldn't like her. But honestly whoever wrote that blurb was a dirty rotten liar because I loved Ashe. She and Ford might have fought like cat and dog but underneath it they were thick as thieves and I really
RJ
Mar 09, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF @ chapter 14

just lost interest. the H wasn't the alpha, totally-about-the-heroine type i was hoping for

safety:
- they've known each other since they were kids and H has been with OW in that period. they weren't really pinning after each other back then but still had a bond of a sorts
- heroine was still a virgin b/c of a "latex and birth control" allergy. lol okay. conveniently there were latex-free condoms when it came to the H.. interesting.
- H/h have sex and they're still in the denying
Kathy West
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book.

Ashe and Ford had a love/hate relationship. They had had one for years. Everyone could see it but them.

Ashe had always done what ever she could do to help ford. Even if that meant cheating for him on tests in high school so he would pass.

As they grew, their love/hate grew too.

When a bet happened, Ashe knew she could not turn it down. She could not let Ford win.

But that bet turned into more.

More arguing. More time together. More hate. But also more love.

But can that love
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Laugh out loud read with all the feels...

I probably say that about all of this authors stories but they have never failed to make me laugh. To make me misty umpteen times. And always, always leave me craving more. Unique characters with relationships that spark emotion across the spectrum, Ford and Ashe are the latest example of why I am such a devoted fan

Ive loved you for forever... You were just too busy arguing with me to see it.

Oh my heart... These two were just plain hilarious. From
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Shelves: just-ok, safe, boring
I've come to the consensus that instead of dealing with the issues at hand most of LLV's characters just ignore it and never address it. We're told about the issues but theres never a confrontation or discussion. Also...if the heroine is a virgin (and she most typically is...) its never acknowledged as being something of importance by the hero.

However, I guess by ignoring all of it then theres no angst and perhaps that's what the author is going for.

In this story the MC's have always had a
Clau
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Whoever wrote the blurb of this book did a horrible job. And the tittle does not fit the story.
Ashe asks Ford to be a model in this calendar and donate money for her charity (a cat shelter), but he refuses. Then, they make a bet: he'll donate money if she gets into SWAT. And if she doesn't, she has to go in a date with him and eat ramen. That's how she enters the police department, where Ashe works.
These two have known each other since they were babies. They "hate" each other, or at least that's
Harry
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Smoooooooth...
She has a way of writing that you start a book and can easily end it in one go....
Still i wanted more of Ford😒
Reigne
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I swear this book is good 👍!
Classic Frenemies, best friends to lovers story! ❤❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Kodie Mackay
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Swear Mary mother of all I was just not fucking ready for it. For them. Like!!!! HTF did we get here already?.

Ford and Ashe are double trouble. The best of friends who love to hate eachother and occasionally throw a punch in here or there.

There is no doubting their chemistry because these pair are damn near made for eachother. All it took was a bet. Oh and the threat of moving to shove a rocket up his stubborn ass.

Ashe is fierce.I immediately fell in love with her take no shit grab a bull by
Darcy
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book, romance, 2020
Ashe and Ford's arguing about everything got old so very fast. Yet it wasn't hard to see that it was easy for them to go from arguing to lovers, the old saying of a fine line between love and hate being true. There was a lot in this one that I wanted to know more of, things that were sort of dropped. Sure there was a note from the author at the end that she was setting things up for later books, but it left this one very light.
Ally.Always.Reads
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love a good frenemies to lovers.
I love it even more that these two had such a long background together. It makes me want to go back and reread some books though! 😂
Gi's Spot Reviews
3.75 Love To Hate Stars

Oh boy, talk about fighting like cats and dogs!!! Ford and Ashe are the definition of mortal enemies since childhood, and now all that banter and friction exploded into the most intense of romances! OMG, the banter was just so SPOT ON!!!

These SWAT 2.0s are as delicious as they covers point too, and Mr. Marchs story was no exception, I enjoyed the heck out of it, who knew that this deep seated childhood nemesis could turn into a love this bright, when they barely managed
Three Chicks
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

I keep reading that this is an enemy to lovers romance, but I wouldn't say that Ashe Trammel and Ford Spurlock are exactly enemies. They were raised together, but they were rivals. Each trying to outdo each other with pranks. As they got older, Ashe is disgusted with the parade of girls that seem to come and go in Ford's life.

Ashe is a huge cat lover and will do anything to save the innocent little lives. So when an opportunity comes along for Ford to pose in a calendar aimed
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
Another HIT by Lani in the SWAT GEN 2.0 Series! LOVED Ford & Ashe. Check out ym FULL REVIEW & TEASER on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
 photo 20190911_093631_zpsyslz1m7j.png
Erin Lewis
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review Maybe Swearing Will Help (Swat Next Generation 2.0 #3)  by Lani Lynn Vale

This is Ford Spurlock and MC princess Ashe Trammels enemies to friends to lovers story.

They have been adversaries since birth, so their history is long and complicated, but underneath it all is a relationship built on friendship. They fight like cats and dogs and yet there is a fine line between love and hate. Particularly as the sexual tension between them is building.

I liked Ford, he is certainly an
Isha Coleman
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
From heartstopping to heartwarming, Lani Lynn Vale definitely makes her presence known. At first glimpse, she entices with humor and then tempts the senses with so much more. Maybe Swearing will Help is endearingly, alluring. Ford and Ashe sneak up on your emotional blindside to wreak havoc on your heart. A story like this one is easy to love. The hard part is saying goodbye when the end has come and gone.

Neringa Neringiukas
Mar 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Not sure why, but this story wasn't... On the same level as others. I mean, it had Lani vibe, but... Maybe because I'm not a big fan, when H and h are frenemies and it takes years for them to finally pull their heads of theirs asses to see, what's obvious.
I like ex drama, but I'm not disappointed when there's none. But here I needed some drama from Fords ex. Don't know why, but I feel kinda robbed. Lol.
In all it's OK story, just something was missing for me.
Izzie d
It's okay.
Hero and heroine grow up together, hating each other so as with this troupe they see each other date though the only times it's mentioned is about him.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
HEA.

Storyline 4.25
Overall Rating 4.25
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Robin

Ford and Ashes book was a cute enemies to lovers book. The type where Ford was allowed to pick on Ashe but no one else better touch her. Most of the story was sweet, subtle attraction...just thinking they wont work. But boy, they so do. Steamy with just a tiny bit of a cat mystery going on. Entertaining and fun to read.
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love that we a get a couple releases by LLV every month, I always look forward to reading her books and I put EVERYTHING down when one hits my kindle. Next in the KPD Swat Generation 2.0[image error] series is Ashe and Ford's story in Maybe Swearing Will Help [image error] . A good ole frenemies to lovers romance that I enjoyed every minute of.

One thing that I love about Lani's books are the heroines, they're tough cookies and can absolutely hold their own. Also, I realize that they all kind
Chaos Book Reviews.
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm really starting to fall head over heals for LLV's characters.
The men all seem to be the right mix of sweet, funny and completely alpha. The females are strength, determination and also hilarious.

This book was no exception. A lifetime of history growing up in the Dixie Warden's Ford and Ashe despise each other. A life time of the constant push and pull without realising the thin line that is their love-hate relationship.

despite their hatred Ford and Ashe have always been best-friends,
Wickedly  Romance
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Ashe and Ford grew up together. Their fathers are members of the Dixie Wardens MC and friends. They have always had an attraction they fought with hate and dares. Although when the chips were down they were always right there for one another. Their parents say they were horrible children. Now as adults they still appear to go together like oil and water. Yet, ...more
Renee
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing

For Spurlock has know Ashe Trammel since they were babies. He's also done his level best to stay away from her because every time he gets to within five feet of her, they're fighting like cats and dogs. Ashe is the apple of her father's eye. The motorcycle club princess that was never to be harmed in any way-or touched for that matter. And he's always resented the fact that he could get away with
Red Cheeks Reads
5 SMOOCHES!

Lani Lynn Vales original KPD-SWAT series is one of my favorites from her, and its been so much fun to revisit those characters and get to know their children, along with some new characters, in this second generation series. Vale has created something truly unique for her readers in her fictional East Texas world. Shes been building this world for yearsstory by story and series by seriesthrough many crisscrossing, overlapping books. Vale has given her readers an incredible reading
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Ashe and Ford have a love hate relationship but really, when it comes down to it, they have each other's backs. Sure they fight and bicker and pick on each other the whole time, but they care about each other. And then the bet that brings out all the latent attraction. Will they ever be the same after?

I've only read the installment before this one, and this is in the same vein - fun and witty with loads of chemistry. Although I may not have liked it quite as much as Fries Before Guys, I
Aaly
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review ***

Ford and Ashe have known each other since they were babies. A friendship based on sarcasm, hate/love and driving the other crazy, but mostly oblivious to the obvious.

These two made me smile so hard, with their craziness, the nicknames and hot tempered personalities who had unconsciously developed a relationship without the intimacy throughout the years.

It took one date to turn things more interesting and to make them realize how much
Rebecca
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Its always been said that the boys who treat girls the worst out on the playground and ultimately whenever theyre around each other actually like them in a way they dont like anyone else, and even though its a backward way of looking at things, for Ford Spurlock and Ashe Trammel, that seems to be the epitome of their love/hate relationship - one that started when they were babies and has carried through to adulthood. But now the stakes are so much higher than tattling on him for throwing dirt in ...more
Kim
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have a lot of this author's books on my TBR list, but the cover and blurb for this one spoke to me so I decided to take the plunge. Ashe and Ford were a riot!

These 2 define frenemies from the moment they are old enough to speak, and it is clear to everyone around them that it's only a matter of time before they finally realize their bickering is more about the love side of that fine line than hate. Sure they fight like cats and dogs at times but they always have each other's back and no one
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Ready to Run
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • The Wrong/Right Man
  • Breathless
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Great and Precious Things
  • The Sinner (Haven Grace Prep, #1)
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
  • Brix (A Rebels Havoc, #1)
  • Biker Beauties Volume 2
  • You're The One
  • It Was Always You (Calamity Falls)
  • A Lovely Confession (Debt of Passion Duet #2)
  • Confessions of a Naughty Nanny (The Baileys #6)
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for ...more

SWAT Generation 2.0 (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)
  • Ask Me If I Care (SWAT Generation 2.0 #4)
  • May Contain Wine (SWAT Generation 2.0 #5)
  • Jokes on You (SWAT Generation 2.0 #6)
  • Join the Club (SWAT Generation 2.0, #7)
  • Any Day Now (SWAT Generation 2.0, #8)
  • Say It Ain't So (SWAT Generation 2.0, #9)
  • Officially Over It (SWAT Generation 2.0, #10)
  • Nobody Knows (SWAT Generation 2.0, #11)