Start by marking “Ask Me If I Care (SWAT Generation 2.0 #4)” as Want to Read:
Ask Me If I Care (SWAT Generation 2.0 #4)

Ask Me If I Care

(SWAT Generation 2.0 #4)

Ares saw him for the first time at a Kilgore Police Department benefit dinner. She’d gone with her dad as his plus one. Hayes Greer had gone by himself and brooded silently across the same table as her, drinking whiskey and not saying a word.

It only took that one time for her to become interested.

The next time she saw him, he was doing another benefit—but this one requirin
Published April 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Ask Me If I Care, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ask Me If I Care

Start your review of Ask Me If I Care (SWAT Generation 2.0 #4)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I've found another extraordinary hero to add to my harem!
Hayes and Ares met at a police charity event that neither of them wanted to be at. They were seated across from each other with her ex, who also happened to be Hayes' step-brother, seated at the same table with his new fiancée. They couldn't keep their eyes off of each other and didn't stay far from the other's mind in the months that followed.

Background info:
★ Hayes, along with Luca and Malachi, was a prisoner of war and suffers from PTSD
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ares and Hayes are my favorite couple of this series so far. Their story was engaging and I was captivated from the start. Though Hayes is the sexy, strong, silent type he was definitely more tempered with Ares. They had good chemistry that flowed naturally throughout the story. They complemented one another well by virtue of their contrast.

The developments were interesting and wrapped up an overarching serial plot. The secondary characters were used well and there is definitely setup for futur
Carmen Rae
That book was the perfect escape from the world's current situation. I honestly didn't want to put it down for a second from the minute I picked it up. It was so warm and squishy, I really enjoyed every second of it. And even though there was a bit of suspense and drama it just kept me even more stuck to the pages.

Ares and Hayes could not have been more perfect together. Ares was such a sweetheart. She made me appreciate how low drama she was from the start. From the second she tripped over her
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: didi-reviews
Mr. April is here! Stoic, sexy, broken Hayes Greer is here to steal Ares’ (and your) heart!
Ares is the daughter of Dowdy (Bang Switch) she is a perfect fit for her job as a guidance counselor at the local high school. Ares is sweet, lovable and cares about those in her life, but don’t mistake her sweetness for being a pushover, she will stand up for those she cares about and she is not scared to be brutally honest when called for. Hayes is a newcomer to town and the force, he is standoffish, qu
Lu Bielefeld
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Liked it!
==================
It surprised me positively. I liked the heroes and the villains had a satisfactory punishment.
Caroline
5 Stars

Lani Lynn Vale never writes a bad book and this book confirms my statement.

I love Hayes from the beginning. There is just something about a grumpy hero who screams tortured hero. He is everything I look for in a bookboyfriend. Alpha man with a big heart, Tortured past, humor when needed, is never sweet unless to the heroine. I mean do you need more? He was so sweet and made me swoon but still in a macho manly way.

Pair him up with Ares who is fun, outgoing, has no filter, do whatever pops
Ruth Kamau
May 14, 2020 rated it liked it
The “dramatic” part was too rushed. And the epilogue... not really that captivating.

The story buildup was perfect, and I fell in love with Hayes a little bit more with every page. However, the PTSD aspect was skimmed over, and tied up with too neat of a bow to make any sense.

Hoping the next book will be a little better
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.25 ‘Why Bother Asking When Knowing The Answer‘ Stars

AWWWW… I just KNEW that Hayes would steal my heart! And stole he did! The quiet ones always are the ones making me fall harder and his and Ares match was romance PERFECTION!

These two… From their very first meetings to their very first true ‘conversation’, I was sooooo invested! The build up, the chemistry, and omg, the SILENT moment that even in a BOOK said a million words were BRILLIANT! I adored them all and I ADORED these two!

I wanted her
2OCC Reviews
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica
The author does it again! She pulled at my heart, had me fanning my face and loving all the characters in their own way. This one had some hard scenes to read. A few times I had to stop and just breath and then continue reading.

Oh Hayes. My heart goes out to him. I have family that was military and have dealt with/seen some of things that he goes though in real life. It made me love that man so much more. Ares was amazing for him. When it came to PTSD, she did what she felt was right for him an
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
description
Sweet, funny, steamy plus all the feels…

I think I say that about every book I read by this author but it’s true. Never more so than with Hayes and Ares story…

Hayes has a boatload of history and things to deal with, things he didn’t want to share or explain. When Ares and he exchanged glances he knew there could be more but he didn’t want it. He didn’t want to want it. And so it was… Until circumstances changed and one small thing turned into another. And another. Whether it was laughter (mostly
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Ask Me If I Care is another hit from one of my go to authors, Lani Lynn Vale! In this edition, we get Hayes, a former military man who now works on the SWAT team, and Ares, a school counselor whose brother is also on the SWAT team. Hayes has that sullen, brooding thing down (you see it in the last book) and Ares spends her whole day talking!

These two are very different, but they certainly have chemistry. Ares' high school boyfriend was Hayes step-brother. Weird? Normally. But Ryan is such
Laiza
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Karin
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ares and Hayes story was sweet, suspenseful and the back and forth humorous banter was just perfect. These two are opposite but also like a moth to a flame when they first meet and try to avoid each other but find it’s nearing impossible. He has severe PTSD and prefers to be alone and has never wanted someone to be around until her and she was so brutally honest it was funny.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

There's something about the feisty redhead Ares that sets Hayes off. He's usually so reserved and stoic, but there's something about her...And when she keeps showing up around him, they can't help but consummate their raging attraction.

Ares is so attracted to Hayes, the broody and gorgeous SWAT officer, but he's so closed off. She knows he's got pain behind that seemingly calm facade, and she wants to be the one to help him. If only he'd let her in. Not with his body, but with his he
Romance Schmomance (Malia)

After 7 consecutive meh reads, Ask Me If I Care was the one that broke that streak. But let's be real, LLV is always clutch with her books. I always looking forward to them and none of them have let me down. Plus, what's not to like when you have a brooding yet sizzling hero that is Ares and the school counselor who will do anything in her power to stand up for her students.

I love that LLV's books are all very different, she's always adding some sort of no way factor into each and every one of t

Kodie Mackay
I've come to accept that Lani's books are no longer a want for me. They are a need. You know when you just find an author that can give you absolutely everything you love in a book and then some?. That's her for me. I've been reading this author's books for a long damn time!. And I'm yet to dislike any of them!. Every book is preordered without a second thought because I know no matter what it is I'm gunna love it.

Ask Me If I Care brings us Ares who is Memphis and Downy's daughter and Hayes who
Ga Books LoverX
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Lani Lynn Vale! I know I gush every time she has a new book come out, but I seriously LOVE this author! How she can tie in so many different characters blows my mind, I expect she has a big ole bulletin board in her house with every character from her books and how they connect with others!🤣

Anywho, Ask Me If I Care has the trademark steam, action, and mystery that you come to love in other books by the author that makes you fall in love with the characters and root for t
Michele McMullen
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Ares & Hayes are funny, sweet and oh so sexy!
I love a big old grumpy, stoic alpha and then add some sexiness and a protective nature ..I am so in !
Hayes is a member of Swat but he is an enigma . He does his job and stays to himself. When he is seated at a police benefit with Ares he can help but notice her. It is fate that their paths continue to cross but soon Hayes begins to place himself in Ares life.
Ares is the guidance counselor at the local high school and she has been dealing with bully
Emily
Ares has an ex who likes to point out how great he has done since he broke her heart. Having to go to a banquet and sit at the same table is enough to have her want to pull her eyelashes out but she finds herself intrigued by the broody man sitting at her table instead. Hayes Greer is a man who is still haunted by his time in the military. His interest is peaked when he meets Ares, but he knows he needs to work on himself before he can move forward with Ares. Ares though has other ideas...will s ...more
Bec
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’ve read an entire library of LLV and admire how quirky her characters can be. They are all fleshed out in weird and wonderful ways. Here we have 5e hero Hayes who has suffered years of capture during his stint in the armed forces. He isn’t a chatty man. He hardly smiles and is part of a complicated storyline that involved Luke and Malachi. It was tragic and sad.

The heroine in this story is part of the network of swat, policing, EMS etc that is this world that LLV has built. She is outspoken, h
Kayread
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ellen Anderson
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Loved it! Ares and Hayes are so different but definitely a great fit together. Was glad the serial killer was finally revealed.
Heather andrews
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hayes isnt one for asking permission, “cool,” I said. “I’ll pick you up around six.” She blinked. “Wear your hair down… curly.” I liked this book, I really loved Hayes.
Marhaba Gul
DNF because ASK ME IF I CARE!!!!
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Oh Wow. This book was so good.
Hayes is an ex-military now on the KPD Swat Team. But he also has a lot of demons. He was a prisoner of war and suffers from PTSD. Getting to know Ares was not part of his plan, but the moment he met her at the police dinner he was hooked.
Ares was a funny, sweet, clumsy and so much more, and she was the daughter of Downey (whoop whoop). When she met Hayes she was smitten, but he was also the step brother of her ex. But she couldn't deny the attraction she felt towar
Vfc
Apr 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Lani Lynn Vale insists on writing her female characters storing their mobile devices in their underwear.

Chapter 8
“You ready?” he asked, holding up my phone.
I took it and shoved it into my shirt between my bra and my skin.

PUBLIC SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT

Mobiles in bras
It is well documented that carrying a mobile on your body (i.e. pocket or tucked in a bra) puts you at risk from harmful mobile phone radiation leading to infertility and a higher incidence of birth defects.

For women especially, carryin
Harry
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet...cute....mushy....COMFORT
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Wildfire Marketing Solutions and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

Another wonderful addition to a favourite series by a favourite author and now, she has given a wonderfully relatable couple to root for!

Ares and Hayes cross paths with each other at a police gala neither of them had any interest in being at. Add in the fac
Wickedly  Romance
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Hayes was one of the guys that I really wanted to know more about. He is a new character in that he isn't really related to any of the previous main characters in other books. Unlike Ares who is Downy and Memphis' daughter. Hayes has this beautifully broken quality to him. He is someone who has seen and experience far too much pain. Yet, there is a strength that can only come from those experiences.

Ares sees the good in everyone but not to a fault. She has no problem seeing when there is no good
Shauna-Kay Burton
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Boy oh Boy, ever so often you come across a book that it's almost soo bad it's soo good. Meet " Ask Me if I Care". It's a first read for me with the author Lani Lynn Vale. Her characters are quite eccentric in my opinion and she deals with some serious heavy content with a light hand (which I don't mind at all).

The Heroine
Here is Ares, a walking kluts, an adorable red head with no filter who genuinely cares for her kids that she interacts with as the High School's Guidance Counsellor.

The Hero
M
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Ninth Inning (The Boys of Baseball, #1)
  • Steal You Away
  • Liar, Liar, Hearts on Fire (Bro Code #3)
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • Attracting Aubrey (Gone Wild #3)
  • Never Kiss a Stranger
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Teacher I Want to Date
  • The Model (Love is Blind #2)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • You're The One
  • Take Two
  • Wicked Ever After (Wicked & Devoted #2)
  • Easy Moves (Boudreaux Universe)
  • The Trade
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • From the First Verse  (Life of Debauchery, #1)
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him #9)
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

SWAT Generation 2.0 (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)
  • Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)
  • May Contain Wine (SWAT Generation 2.0 #5)
  • Joke's on You (SWAT Generation 2.0, #6)
  • Join the Club (SWAT Generation 2.0, #7)
  • Any Day Now (SWAT Generation 2.0, #8)
  • Say It Ain't So (SWAT Generation 2.0, #9)
  • Officially Over It (SWAT Generation 2.0, #10)
  • Nobody Knows (SWAT Generation 2.0, #11)