Start by marking “The Dare” as Want to Read:
The Dare

The Dare

Have you ever had one of those really bad days at work?
You know, one where your hot boss catches you photocopying your backside in his office?
No? Just me then?

I blame my bestie and partner in chaos.
She challenged me with a not-so-innocent dare that I should’ve flat out declined.

But I’m an adrenaline junkie, and now, here I am.
I know it sounds crazy, and daredevil
Published January 31st 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Dare, please sign up.

Start your review of The Dare
❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review

Title: - The Dare
Author: Lauren Landish

Publication:, Publication: February 7th 2020

ღ . Elle Stryker & her bestie, (Tiffany) live for their dares. There are both one those people that say YOLO & if someone said those magic words— I dare you —they are pretty much there.
Both women have been working at FOX Industries for some time now! Elle father is Daniel Stryker & he’s a vice-president Fox Industries, a multi-billion-dollar corporation. Elle refuses to take job in her father’s dept,
Pelusa Rivera
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg Lauren you started this year with kaboom!!! These girls are hilarious! I totally want to be there friend. So Elle has a crush on her hottie boss Colton who doesn’t realize what is right under his nose. But unfortunately for Elle her dad who also works for this company wants her to pay attention and keep an eye on Colton he wants her to keep him up to date, will she her heart is conflicted and Colton who now sees her also wants to use her.. what to do what to do!!!! Grab a copy and Enjoy!! My ...more
Nate Brightman
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
The Dare wasn’t my first Lauren Landish book. I found the quality of the previous ones I’ve read inconsistent rating anywhere from 2.5-5 stars. I’m not sure what I expected from a book titled The Dare? I suppose I should have expected what I got. I guess this is supposed to be a funny, flirty and sexy little contemporary romance. Honestly until Elle and Colton finally get together I was ready to put this one aside and go on to another book as you'll plainly see in this review. But I didn't give ...more
Isha Coleman
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
The Dare is funny, saucy and unpredictable. Landish continues to surprise me. Elle and Colton flirt with emotions from start to finish, but it's the message their journey conveys that will stick in your heart long after you walk away. Landish dishes up a little food for the soul with a ton of steam and that ever present heart.

Nicole Snow
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a riot and then some! One breathtaking dare from her bestie sets Elle on a collision course with the take-charge Colton Wolfe and love. This boss man is full steely alpha. The banter is off the scale. The chemistry, pure lightning.

Lauren Landish will make you laugh yourself to pieces and glue you back together again with the swooniest feels. They're all here! Don't miss this five-star rom-com while it's Free in Kindle Unlimited.
April Symes
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Dare by Lauren Landish tells the story of Elle Stryker and Colton Wolfe.
This story tells how Elle came into Colton's orbit. Without giving much away, you are getting a great office romance. The chemistry between Elle and Colton is hot!! Their banter is flirty, intense and tempting. Then you add the secondary cast of characters- Elle's BFF - Tiffany and Elle's father Daniel.
Elle is supremely attracted to Colton but papa dear is up against him work wise and Elle doesn't know what to do. The
Lisa Menor
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Elle and Tiffany met in college, roomed together and have been best friends, and partners in crime, ever since. Out of college, they both landed jobs at Fox Industries working as business assistants. Even though Elle's father Daniel Stryker is the company's VP, Elle wants to pay her dues and make it on her own. Plus, she gets to work beside her bestie Tiffany.
Colton Wolfe is a transplant to Fox Industries by way of London. Colton left his homeland in search of bigger and better opportunities. He
Andrea Britton
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My FAVORITE BOOK OF 2019

Simply, entertaining with a witty heroine and a delicious Hero! This is a sexy office romance that will have you laughing your bottom off. Five stars for Lauren Landish and The Dare!

Elle and Colton heat up the pages of this must read book! Two characters you will fall for. You won’t want to put this book down. These two and their “dares” will have you giggling right along with them.

Highly recommended!!

*I was given a free advanced copy of this book by the author in
Linda Dunn
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cheeky and Sassy Romance...

Delightful and amusing best describes this story about Elle Stryker and Colton Wolfe. Elle and BFF Tiffany are dare junkies. They both work for Fox Industries as does Elle's father Daniel. Colton Wolfe, VP also works for the company and try as she might, Elle cannot get the man's attention. He is gorgeous, sexy and has an English accent to boot. I personally would not have a problem giving my basket of goodies over to the Big Bad Wolfe.

After a very risky dare by her
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Take one hot, bossy alpha brit and one wild, independent daredevil, add in witty banter, humorous moments, lust, crazy dares, loyalty, challenges and hot scenes, and you get one well written, fun, flirty and sexy must read.

I volunteered to review an advance reader copy of this book.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Dare by Lauren Landish is the story of Elle Stryker and Colton Wolfe.
Colton is from London working to show his father that he can succeed on his own. So Colton has been all business working at Fox Industries. Elle and her best friend since college bot work as assistants at Fox Industries, live together and both have a love doing crazy stunts / dares. In addition to all that Elle's father works at Fox Industries too. But similar to Colton she wants to do things on her own. Elle has been
Norma
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Landish has done it yet again. I love this author, like truly adore her, and her writing. From her Bennett Brother series to this, I love it all. I have read a lot of her work and can’t wait to keep diving into my TBR to read even more.

The Dare is a standalone Romantic Comedy that literally had me laughing out loud, smiling like a loon, and wishing I could be right there in the book with them. Elle is everything I love about a heroine and more. She isn’t afraid to use her brain but often
Stephanie Ditmore
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love The Dare. Colton and Elle were electric together. Elle the ever loving adrenaline junky along with her friend Tiffany love to “dare” each other to do the most dastardly things. Elle’s had her eye on the big wig for a while and has been dared so many times to get his attention it just hasn’t worked, until she has a chance to get into his office and there it is the dare of a lifetime, only she never expected to get caught by the big bad Wolfe himself. This chance meeting we can ...more
Hannah Ogren
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
This was my first book by Lauren Landish, and I did enjoy her writing. This was a quick rom- com style read with LOTS of steam.

The chapters switch back and forth between Elle and Colton, and while I enjoyed reading out of Colton's perspective, I did not care for Elle's view. Elle, and her best friend Tiffany for that matter, are so juvenile that it's hard to believe they are supposed to be out of college. Everything they do is based on dares. I get that this is a given, being that it's the
Frances Hernandez
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jodie Lauren
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Elle has always loved a dare! She will pretty much do anything you dare her to although there are rules! When one of the executives at work doesn’t notice her, her BFF dares her to do something cheeky in his office and so she does. Only she doesn’t plan on Colton walking in and catching her in the act! Colton couldn’t think what to do but knowing she is his business rivals daughter has him planning just how far he could take things. Daring her to help him and his proposal for business gain, ...more
Serenechaosnyc
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I usually love this author's books, which are usually a nice mix of laughter, fun, and romance. However, I initially couldn't get into this book. In this book, Elle is someone who cannot resist a dare, which her best friend Tiffany capitalizes on. Tiffany dares Elle to make an impression on Colton, her bosses' boss at the same company her father works in. We're told constantly how smart Elle is but up until 60% in I hadn't seen any proof of that intelligence. I just saw an immature neurotic ...more
✿❀ Blurry Mama ❀✿
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was pretty good, but I just didn't fully connect with it. The quirkiness was a bit OTT, the family drama was a typical trope, and the sex scenes were cut and paste.

I did like watching Colton discover how to have fun. BUT it was almost too easy. Elle was a pretty flat character. She didn't grow or change in the book, which is a favorite aspect in romances for me. I did, however love the animal euphemisms throughout the book. The American versus English comparisons were funny.

There were sweet
Prerana
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Whoops. I'm stupid. No context for that. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Anyway, this book was damn adorable. I loved it.

And I'm out.
Debbie
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Really enjoyed this book . Would read again if I didn't have loads to read. From the craziness to the happy ending .
Samantha James
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved the premise behind The Dare in that both characters wanted to be independent of families but still remain true to themselves. Loved Colton and liked Elle but couldn't quite relate to her, however, she suited and was there for Colton. This is only reason not 5 stars.
Taylor Freeman
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Meryl Markowitz
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read an advanced copy for an honest review.
Elle Stryker is a smart girl, with a bit of a wild side. Her father is V.P. of the company she works for, but she wants to work her way up on her own, without his favors.
She lusts after the other V.P of the company. Colton Wolfe, who doesn't know she exists.
Her BFF DARES her to leave her mark in his office, when she has to deliver a report. She doesn't count on being caught by him, making copies of her a$$!
From the moment these 2 meet the chemistry
J. Ockenhouse
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lauren has just given you the keys to the kingdom and this one has sassy, sexy and swoon-worthy characters who will give you all the feels and be the highlight of your day.

The lol moments, the fact that you feel like you are part of the scenes, you will be pleasantly surprised how much fun you'll have with not only the leads but the secondary characters as well and how you'll blush at certain scenes.

Lauren definitely knows how to write an addictive read. THE DARE is the stuff that your wildest
Lynn
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I love Elle and Colton. It’s fun, it’s flirty and it’s real!! Elle and Tiffany- BFF’s from college date each other. They work for the same company as Elle’s father. Tiffany dares Elle to do something to Colton Wolfe- the hot executive they swoon over everyday.

How Elle and Colton officially meet is quite a funny awkward way. Instead of Colton sending Elle to HR, he brings her into his direct team.

From there, dates begin between the two of them. I laughed, cried and wanted so
Jeanne
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. There is conflict, but not between Elle and Colton. They are super hot together (once he “sees” her), and really fun. They feel very real. They are both smart and driven and appreciate that in each other. Elle’s relationship with her BFF is also amazing and hysterical. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.
Angela
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute

I was waiting for the cliche assistant/boss story line. But it’s really cute. Elle is hilarious, balls to the wall girl. Colton is a stuffy upper crust British guy. Together they are hilarious.
Stacey Timmons
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was going to go in a totally different direction but glad that it didn't. I liked Colton and Elle. I liked how they progressed together. I liked some of the dates but at times I thought Elle was a little childish using dares to actually go for something she wanted.
I also didn't get that Colton hadn't heard of all them animal idioms. What? Did he live under a rock? And it's no excuse that he was British. We use all of them! Also the use of British words
Christine
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC review For honest review. This is a awesome story Elle and her best friend tiffany work at Fox industry these two have had a ongoing game of dare going on since kids so when tiffany dares Elle to take a dare about their boss her big crush she never thought she capture his heart.
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I dare you

I dare you not to enjoy this fun read. I dare you not to fall in love with Elle and Colton. I dare you not to smile at all the British slang Landis treats us to. And I dare you not to fan your face at least once during this scorching, hot read.

Classic Lauren Landish story of love, challenge and triumph. Elle is trapped in that place before womanhood, a place her father wants her to stay. But Elle is looking for something more, which brings her to her penchant for crazy dares with her

• Marrying My Billionaire Boss
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • Dear Ava
  • Sawyer (Carolina Reapers #2)
  • Accidental Shield (Marriage Mistake, #6)
  • Don't Be My Valentine
  • Tempted to Kiss (Hard to Love #3)
  • Arranged: A Dark Mafia Romance
  • Confessions of a Wicked Fae (The Supernatural Spy Files, #2)
  • Vampire Debt: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #2)
  • Baby Daddy Can't Get Enough (Can't Get Enough #5)
  • Dirty Husband (Dirty Rich #3)
  • Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #1)
  • Big (A Real Man #20)
Lauren Landish is a WALL STREET JOURNAL & USA TODAY bestselling author and her books have garnered a legion of praise from her readers.

When she’s not plotting about how she will introduce you to your next sexy as hell book boyfriend, you can find her deep, deep in her writing cave, furiously tapping away on her keyboard, writing scenes that would make even a hardened sailor blush.

Lauren, who