Start by marking “Fifty-Fifty (Eddie Flynn #5)” as Want to Read:
Fifty-Fifty (Eddie Flynn #5)

Fifty-Fifty

(Eddie Flynn #5)

Two sisters on trial for murder. Both accuse each other.
Who do YOU believe?

Alexandra Avellino has just found her father's mutilated body, and needs the police right away. She believes her sister killed him, and that she is still in the house with a knife.

Sofia Avellino has just found her father's mutilated body and needs the police right away. She believes her sister,

Kindle Edition, UK, 368 pages
Expected publication: July 9th 2020 by Orion

To ask other readers questions about Fifty-Fifty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fifty-Fifty

Start your review of Fifty-Fifty (Eddie Flynn #5)
Mandy White
This was one on my most anticipated reads for 2020 and it did not disappoint. I love a good legal thriller, growing up reading John Grisham novels with my dad. Steve Cavanagh is brilliant and writes the most original and addictive stories. Eddie Fylnn returns in his firth book but it can easily be read as a stand alone. In saying that, go back and read the others as they are all fantastic.

Two 911 calls from the same location on the same night. 2 sisters, Sofia and Alexandra find their father, a
Stuart McCarthy
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steve Cavanagh has done it again! A remarkable story which will keep you on the edge of your seat (even if you are standing up!) You will not pick this ending, it will keep you questioning everything right up until the end. Truly there is no better title since you spend the whole book tossing up who the killer is, it really is Fifty-Fifty!
Debbie
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexandra Avellinohas just found her father's mutilated body. She believes her sister killed him, and that she is still in the house with a knife. She phones 911 and reports the murder.

Sofia Avellinohas just found her father's mutilated body. She believes her sister, Alexandra did it, and that she is still in the house, locked in the bathroom. She phones 911 and reports the murder.

Both women are tried in a joint trial and Eddie Flynn is back, representing one of them. One is innocent and one is
Darina kelly
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So so soooo good! Steve Cavanagh is a genius. I loved every bit of it
Jay Dwight
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great to have my current favourite fictional lawyer, Eddie Flynn, back on the pages.

Steve Cavanagh is a master at coming up with premises that hook you just from reading the blurb on the cover. A high profile New Yorker is murdered in his home. His two daughters each make 911 calls from inside the house, at virtually the same time, each accusing the other of being the murderer.

The unusual premise leads to a fast paced story that you do not want to put down.

Mr Cavanagh delivers another cracking
Deborah
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I came across Irish author Steve Cavanagh's name last year when his 2019 novel Thirteen won Crime Novel of the Year at Theakston's Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival (which - incidentally - I've fantasised about attending someday). He was also touring with a number of other authors I knew so I kept seeing him on social media again and again.

It wasn't until later I realised I'd actually read one of his books - The Liar in 2017 - which I really enjoyed. And of course I heard (only) fabulous
Cas
Initial thoughts: honestly Steve Cavanagh always has the most amazing book ideas, as well as the skill to execute them successfully. I really didn’t know who the killer was until the very end, the carefully placed clues throughout the book pointing one way than the next. (view spoiler) It’s such a treat to read Eddie Flynn books and I can’t wait for the next one!
————————————————————
~I received a copy from Hachette NZ and willingly reviewed it~

RTC
Simon Maltman
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished an early copy of this & as you’d expect- it’s brilliant! Eddie Flynn fans will love it- but you don’t have to have read the whole series first. Loads of twists, suspense, laughs & action- preorder your copy early!

@SSCav
Sally Boocock
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
Yet another cracker from the pen of Steve Cavanagh. Eddie Flynn is back on top form. It's a sharp, tense story from start to finish. Which sister killed their father? That is the question asked as both plead innocence and blame the other. As usual there are twists and turns until the book reaches it's very dramatic and explosive ending. Cant get enough of Steve's books. If you haven't read one before I guarantee you will be buying all of them before long. I did
Lee
Oct 22, 2019
Jenny
Jan 24, 2020
Aladesiun Richard
rated it did not like it
Nov 05, 2019
Sep 27, 2019

• Redhead by the Side of the Road
  • The Switch
  • In The Clearing
  • The Good Turn (Cormac Reilly, #3)
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • Conviction
  • Here To Stay
  • Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • The Wife and the Widow
  • He Started It
  • Pine
  • Haven't They Grown
  • The Holdout
  • Lock Every Door
  • The Strangers We Know
  • Into the Fire (Orphan X, #5)
  • Darkness for Light (Caleb Zelic, #3)
  • The Love Story of Missy Carmichael
Steve Cavanagh was born and raised in Belfast before leaving for Dublin at the age of eighteen to study Law. He currently practices civil rights law and has been involved in several high profile cases. Selected for the Amazon Rising Stars programme 2015. ACES award winner 2015 from the Arts Council of Northern Ireland. The Defence is his debut novel.

Follow on twitter @SSCav

Eddie Flynn (5 books)
  • The Defense (Eddie Flynn #1)
  • The Plea (Eddie Flynn, #2)
  • The Liar (Eddie Flynn #3)
  • Thirteen (Eddie Flynn, #4)