Start by marking “Velvet Angel (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy #4)” as Want to Read:
Velvet Angel (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy #4)

Velvet Angel

(Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy #4)

She came to him as a precious gift, a naked angel rolled in a rug. Once he gazed into her green eyes, saw her tangle of honey blonde hair, he was undone with passion.
Elizabeth would never surrender. He was a hated Montgomery -- she was a Chatworth -- and the blood war between their families raged on, a wildfire of rape, murder, and betrayal.
Elizabeth vowed to fight the
Published January 1st 1991 by Pocket Books (first published 1983)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
As this is the end of the Velvet saga I will be doing a series review first and then a short review for book 4 so if you’re interested in this historical romance series ignore my other individual reviews and read this consolidated one.

******************

SERIES REVIEW

“You’ll love only once in your life. You’ll take your time in giving your love but once it is given, no power on earth – or hell – will break that love.”

I wish there was a Velvet saga boxed set on GR because overall I give this se
Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★
******** 4.5 Epic Historical Stars ********

I really really liked this last instalment in the Velvet Saga by Jude Deveraux. I may have not loved it, but it was a worthy ending to a series of books I first read in high school and revisited so many years later with high hopes. I'm using this review to review the series as a whole, because with these books, if you liked one you will probably like them all. If you hated the first one then the rest will probably not be your cup of tea, even if the her
KatieV
Kinda OT - but I'm beginning to wonder if I don't automatically give an extra star to anything audio if the narrator is halfway decent. Am I that lazy that the idea of not turning a page gains an entire star? Oh well...

This is the grand finale of the Velvet saga. The h, Elizabeth Chatworth, is the sister of the series' villain, Roger Chatworth. She's paired up with the youngest Montgomery brother, Miles.

Elizabeth is one of my favorite heroines of the series. She's pretty mature for 18 and doesn
Janja
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was ok

Elizabeth is the most unbearable and antipathic heroine, and thanks go to her that the story is realy bad for me.
Caro
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Con este libro empecé, allá por el año 1997/98, a leer literatura romántica "seria" y no los Deseo, Barbara Cartland y Violena que consumía desde hacía años.
Me lo prestaron y me volví loca con los Montgomery. Tardé muchos años en poder leer la serie Velvet (o Audaz, en su traducción al castellano) completa y más aun el resto de las historias de este clan. Sin embargo, esta novela no es de las más releídas por mí y me llevé varias sorpresas al agarrarla de mi biblioteca después de tanto tiempo. U
Ivy H
I hated this when I read this because the hero Miles had a lot of bastard kids with lord knows how many peasant women.
That was just so effing yucky. That just ruined the romance for me. I'm sorry but a group of bastard kids does not equal romance for me. I enjoyed the novel Highland Velvet, in this series but when I had read that the heroine in Velvet Song was plain and that the hero was short I didn't bother to read that one.
Bonnie
Jan 22, 2010 rated it did not like it
You know, I don't normally do this. Giving a book one star says a lot for me and I guess I am making a statement. On page 19 of this book it reads -"I will grow so dirty I will look like a Nubian slave and my hair will crawl with lice ..."

Pretty unacceptable that 1. author wrote this line and 2. Editor didn't get it out and 3. Still in a book after original print date of 1983.

I wanted something to make me forget issues. This certainly didn't do it and really, I'm soured on the author. What I al
Tiera McMillian
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: feb2019
*Reread review*
Sigh Miles! My favorite Montgomery brother in this series! I can't ever decide if he is the best or worst rake ever written! Its a toss up! This book in particular has been my favorite during the rereads! Its crazy that with each book I have discovered different reasons for why I love this author's works! In this book I realized I love Jude's writing because it never ends at just "I love you." Its like first comes hate, then comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a whole
Chickie
I'm so wishy-washy with books. What I will accept from one book, I can't tolerate from another. Most of this has to do with the author's presentation and skill... I usually like this author. Some of the first romance books I read were by Jude Deveraux, but I wasn't and am still not fond of this book. The "hero" has "bastards" running around but that's okay because there are only four and the hero has them in his custody. Yeah...would it kill you to be a little more discreet about where you sprea ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The fourth and final book in the "Velvet" series and the fifth in the Montgomery series by Jude Deveraux.

Elizabeth Chadworth is given to Miles Montgomery wrapped naked in a rug. Miles is the youngest at 25 years of age and loves all women. Elizabeth is no exception. However, Elizabeth is a Chadworth and her family a bitter enemy of the Montgomerys. I really loved Miles and Elizabeth. This is probably my favorite of the Velvet series.
Sabrina Sam
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
Tammy
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Elizabeths parents died when she was very young so her older brother raised her. When she was old enough he started to lend her to whichever one of his friends gave the highest bid. She had to learn how to defend herself against these barbarians, because of this, she made a vow to herself to never trust men and to hate all men.
years later she is taken captive and given to Lord Miles Montgomery, he is known as the local playboy who rumor has it he has fathered many bastards. He finds Elizabeth ve
Evelyn Wilson
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nook-books-read
There are four Montgomery books. All of them about the 4 brothers and the women they marry. I like the way Jude Deveraux wrote about all of them.

Funny how Elizabeth Chatworth changed her tune about the Montgomery brothers.
Loucy
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historique, bof
Je suis certaine de l'avoir lu. Mais je n'arrive pas à me souvenir de l'histoire. Vu qu'il n'est plus dans ma bibliothèque, j'en conclus que je n'ai pas trop aimé.
Tracy
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is as not bad so I think my rating has to stay with a three. There were parts where the characters were just too hokey and immature. That being said she was a young girl so maybe to be expected but it was pretty trying on my nerves at times. This author has better books than this so I would seek out those before this one.
♥Katie
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
After reading Raine's story and being disappointed, I didn't hold much hope for this final installment. Miles was actually the mysterious one of the Montgomery brothers. All we knew was that he was a womanizer, couldn't stand to see a woman wronged, and had a million bastards.

However, I actually really liked the hero in this story. We discover more about him, and that he actually really loved the women who bore him children. It just didn't work out, but he still took responsibility for his kids
Linsy
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, romance
I first read this book in high school and loved it then. I've kept my paperback copy through many moves through many states, but it has stayed with me. So I decided to reread it and see if I still enjoyed it as much as I did when I was in my teens.

The short answer: yes!

I must identify subconsciously with Elizabeth at some level, because I just really like this book. Or maybe I have a huge crush on Miles. I don't know. All I know is that I remembered most of the plot, and I still couldn't put the
Te
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a Montgomery book for years until this. The story was just okay, but the way Jude put the Montgomerys together made the entire novel more fun! It's like catching up with old friends. Lol

Anyway, Jude Deveraux remains to be one of my favorite historical romance authors of all time. I'd love to read about the story of that present generation Montgomery girl (and Taggart guy) she mentioned in the epilogue, but I still haven't figured out which book that is yet. Help please! Haha
Laurin
May 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
This is the second worst thing I've read from Devereaux. I had hoped that the Lady Trilogy was only a fluke, but now... I'm suddenly regretting having bought so many of her books. I've never had buyer's remorse over literature before. So unfortunate.
Rebekah
Nov 12, 2009 rated it did not like it
The ending seemed so rushed compared to everything else. And Elizabeth and Miles’ Baby was never mentioned again after their return from France. I have liked Deveraux’s books in the past but this one just really missed the mark. There was nothing really great about it.
joy in wonderland
Feb 09, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romantic-novels
ugh i can't really absorb her writing (sigh)

okay the plot is somewhat interesting, and somehow got an idea as for i've read velvet song before it---so yeah, my rating says it all.
Elgyn
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
The Book Consultant
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 12-read-in-2019
Well, I think this was my favorite in the Velvet quad. Miles was definitely more “my type” than the other brothers. Sweet, kind, and (BEST OF ALL) did not spank, hit, or rape his female interest!

He DID keep her prisoner until she eventually gave in to his charms and fell in love with him (Stockholm Syndrome or true love? We may never know). And she WAS drunk the first time they made love (Miles had exactly zero qualms about this). But you know. All in all, it was still my favorite love story of
Bethany
This was OK. It reminded me a lot of a sweeping historical adventure like Outlander, complete with big swaths of time when the couple is apart (and not necessarily sad to be so). But like the Outlander series, I won't be reading more of this quadrilogy, and I will admit that I skipped a lot of the last third of this book. I just didn't care about the adventure in France (again, hello, Outlander series), but I did listen to the epilogue. I only picked this up because it was available on Overdrive ...more
Maria
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was really happy with Elizabeth, who maintained a stance nearly half-way through the book, and didn't waiver. Unfortunately when she did change, she did so too fast and for no discernible reason other than the one she gave which was not believable, at least to me. Otherwise, I really enjoyed the tying together of actions seen in other books with Miles' story. It was good to see what was happening between Miles and Elizabeth from their own perspectives, instead of their brothers'. Well done and ...more
MJ4S
Mar 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: medieval
I first read this book in my teens so I was curious what I would think about it now, after years and years :D (of experience and romance novels under the belt).

I confess I liked it quite a lot. My main problem with it was that at about the 70% mark, the plot turned a bit ridiculous, in my opinion. I would have been more than happy for the storyline to continue in the "serious" manner it was written before, without the overly dramatic actions of the last part.

But overall, Miles and Elizabeth we
Dev
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Ada Iaboni
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I found this series by accident and was happy I did.
I was sick for the whole week between Christmas and New Year. I downloaded all four of the books and listen to them as I lounged in my sick bed.
I enjoyed all of them pretty well. They are not masterpieces, but fun and easy to listen to.
The last one is the one with the most fluff, but they kept me sane as I sniffled and coughed.
If you like historical romances, you'll like these.
Edie
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What an awesome series about the four Montgomery brothers and their wives. Loved all the characters especially the Montgomery brothers. This book has a forbidden love, steaming hot sex, lots of adventure and a dynamic ending. Tis a wonderful ending which brings the entire family together. A great read!!

• When Love Awaits
  • Lord of Hawkfell Island (Viking, #2)
  • Promise of the Rose (deWarenne Dynasty, #2)
  • Enchanted (Medieval, #3)
  • Gentle Warrior
  • The Warlord (Montagues, #1)
  • The Dragon and the Jewel (Medieval Plantagenet #2)
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo

Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy (4 books)
  • The Velvet Promise (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy #1)
  • Highland Velvet (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy #2)
  • Velvet Song (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy #3)