Start by marking “Grave Humor (Magical Romantic Comedies, #10)” as Want to Read:
Grave Humor (Magical Romantic Comedies, #10)

Grave Humor

(Magical Romantic Comedies #10)

Most days, Anwen regrets working at a funeral home despite the good pay. With the residents no longer inclined to stay in their coffins where they belong, she’s got her hands full making sure everyone follows the rules:

In the funeral home, there is no screaming, no murdering, no mutilation, no possessions, no kidnappings, no resurrections, and no cursing of any type. Be
Published May 12th 2020 by Pen & Page Publishing

Start your review of Grave Humor (Magical Romantic Comedies, #10)
Natalie panda eyes
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jeanie
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it

By: R. J. Blain

Rather a wild ride for me with this author. I loved the hook and was intrigued from the first couple chapters. Then it took a turn and I thought....What?! Was confused about the characters and even where this read was headed.

I almost thought of quitting but instead took a break and did a little investigation of R.J. Blain’s other publications and reviews (not really fair but oh well.). They were 90% glowing reviews on this series and most of her books. I thought to my
Rosanne Reeve
Love it!

Another great story. Love Anwen. At the beginning I just wanted to hug and cuddle her and tell her everything would be alright. By the end I was cheering her sassiness and cheek. Awesome to see Satin and his brothers again and the introduction of Eoghan was excellent. Loved the chemistry between Anwen and Eoghan.
Cory Cravens
This is a wild book!

Wow! What a fun ride this book took me on! I was hooked from the first sentence. I was not expecting how this story would go at all. I figured out some things, but others stayed in the dark until way late in the book. I love the main character, Anwen. She is headstrong and likable. It surprised me that Lucy and the archangels played such a large role in the story. But I sure enjoyed their presence! Another magnificent book by a beloved author. Good job miss Blain, good job.
Adena Lee
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Despite the author's signature snarky humour and twisted flawed characters, this turned out to be a surprisingly philosophical examination on the nature of death, death myths and the afterlife. The author has a true gift for analysing philosophical or social justice issues in a way that is accessible and understandable to the average reader. I quite enjoyed the varied depths of this novel and I want the next soon. ...more
Mary Petruska
Fun! Laughs! Death!

Another side splitting, laugh out loud, pee on yourself, snort your drink through your nose book. Every Magical Romantic Comedy with a body book stands on its own and each and everyone is hilarious. If you want a book to make you laugh no matter what is going on around, grab one of these. It takes talent to make death humorous. RJ Blain has that in spades. One word: Enjoy!
Cindy
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Death, love, the Devil AND his wife - what more could you ask for? This takes place after the events of Whatever for Hire - but you don't have to have read WFH first. [Although I do recommend it - very funny book!] ...more
Sandra
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic ride in the Magical Romantic Comedies with a Body Count universe!

Anwen Nash is a great leading lady, so calm in the face of Death. And Eoghan (Owen) Olin, Mr. Arrogant Asshole or the Antique, was very interesting, with all his secrets. This one was all about Death, hardly surprising with a title like Grave Humor.

Lucifer was as tricky as before, as were his angelic brothers.
Cryogenic Fire
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*Happy Sigh*

There is nothing better than waking to a new R.J. Blain book, and to wake to an new R.J. book with a guest appearance from Satin makes me even happier. I read this from start to finish in one sitting and loved everything about it. It's just so much fun from beginning to end.
Ann Mills
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
These stories are wonderful.

This is the 4th book I’ve read and is a truly fascinating world that has been created. The stories keep you on your toes. You have to pay attention to the storyline or you will miss a connection.
Mary Heron
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A complex but satisfying read.

As with all R. J. Blains books this one is heavy on the dialogue, ----which I for one enjoy------, it does mean though that you have to pay attention while.reading or you may miss an important plot point. Arwen is the heroine in this story with Eoghan the hero. When we meet Arwen she is working in the local funeral parlour, a job not without it's dramas as not all the deceased stay put in their coffins but regularly get up and create problems. Arwen enjoys when the
Diane
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
R. J. Blain is my favorite Rom Com and/or paranormal author, so it’s no surprise that I loved this book. Its start in a funeral home seems like it would be depressing, but it’s funny as heck! Anwen’s dialog with Mr. MacGregor is delightful, and things only get better from there. We meet some wonderful new characters, and catch up with some old favorites. [The devil rubbed his hands together. “I’m in a mood tonight, so call me Lucy...”] And of course we have a villain who adds to the expected bod ...more
Diane Lynch
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
R. J. Blain’s Grave Humor (Magical Romantic Comedies #14) is a charming tale. In this story, funeral home employee Anwen Nash meets immortal Eoghan Olin. Her life will never be the same again. This novel takes place in Sunset, Alabama. It is a world full of magic.

Grave Humor was an amusing read. R. J. Blain’s writing style reminds me of Shelly Laurenston. I consider that a good thing. It was entertaining reading about an immortal who was in hibernation and now experiencing the modern world. I en
Marianne
Nov 22, 2020 rated it liked it
3,5 stars

Not one of my favorite R.J. Blain novels, but I did enjoy revisiting Lucifer and his angelic brothers (even though his obsession with his wife’s spots was a little tiresome.)

Anwen and Owen were just... meh.
Heidi Hagan
Excellent

Another fun installment in the series. I look forward to seeing these characters in the future to see where their story is headed.
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
The author/publisher provided a free copy of the book for review purposes - thank you! Receiving a review copy does not guarantee a positive review and therefore do not affect the opinion or content of the review. Grave Humor sounded like an entertaining book packed with humor, magic and dead bodies, but it went to the reading grave at 30% with a DNF marked on its tombstone.

The book tried too hard to be funny sometimes, with some humorous moments or lines. But unfortunately, a lot of them (
Sara Berks
Apr 18, 2020 marked it as to-read
I have already preordered this, i buy all R J Blains books day of release!
Sheri
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful romp in this world that I've become addicted to. The LOL continues here AND Satin is back! One of my favorite characters in this world, always makes me stop and laugh, reread and laugh again. And oh - did I mention there are angels again? Ah the mystery there, continuously unfolding.

Anwen has had a hard life and circumstance has thrown her into a position where, if she takes a chance, her life will become way different and, mostly, better than anything she has had before. Her l
Ga Books LoverX
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by RJ Blain and I saw the blurb and thought, this looks interesting and hilarious and I was definitely not wrong about that! I will say that there is a lot going on in the book and my head was spinning a bit in the beginning and was a bit confused. After I took a minute and wrapped my head over what was happening and everything clicked, I totally got into it!

This was funny and I totally loved the paranormal aspect of it once I got into it! Anwen was a great leading lady, sh
Debbie
I cannot begin to place my finger on what it is about the books in this series that makes them so wonderfully entertaining and appealing. The characters are charming and quirky and complex. The world is something different than seen anywhere else. The plots ride the edge of just how much weird is too much weird. Fortunately, the author knows what she's doing, and she just keeps doing it...and that makes me ever so happy. ...more
Paranormal Books R Us
Grave Humor Review

Great addition to the MRC series! Full of chaos and odd but fun characters especially the Antique. I was also particularly pleased with how involved good old Satin was with this story. Because when he's around things are never boring. Add a vampire some angels, a lot of magic and a small cameo from a dragon and it kept me very amused. I definitely recommend it.
Lady
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with the whole series and I'm going to loose my mind having to wait for the next installment. I really enjoyed Anwen, her core was never tainted by the decay of her parents. Eoghan was very amusing by himself as a whole and as he beat the crap out of the Devil, it was a laugh out loud kind of moment. I hope we get to see and hear more about Gordon somehow in the future. A truly enjoyable read. ...more
Jessica Gorgen
Loved this book

This book gets mighty close to being one of my favorites of the series (but it’s hard to beat a fire-breathing unicorn). You’ve got dead people, meddling angels, Death, and Lucy’s back! I heart Lucy so much, and throughly enjoyed his presence in this book. I much enjoyed reading about Eoghan and Anwen. Anwen can be so sweet but has a core of steel.
Trish
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Take a wild ride through death and destruction in multiple pantheons: vampires, angels, archangels, the Fates, demons, devils, Satan and his wife. There was even a chase scene in a graveyard. I enjoyed reading it but I was up till the wee hours finishing it because I just couldn't put it down. RJ Blain's imagination is a fearsome thing, I am in awe. ...more
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was wonderful. It is funny and heartfelt and does a lovely job of looking at death. I liked Anwen’s development and her compassion for those that haven’t quite passed. Eoghan was a fascinating character to think about given his life and job. The insertion of the Heavenly (and not so Heavenly) Host was delicious. Another fantastic book by the author!
Traci Marcotte
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another delight in this series.

I haven't had this much fun with a series and seeing how it all fits together, since Piers Anthony and his series starting with A Pale Horse, about Thanatos, Death. Can't wait for the next one...I'll just have to re-read them. Something to help keep me sane.
Liz Kissel
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another must read comedy with a body count

She has done it again. Thank you for an awesome story that revisits some beloved characters and expands the universe of her stories. A must read if you enjoy comedy, strong heroines and hero’s who love strong capable women. Thank you again for letting us enjoy your talent and creativity R.J. Blain.
Emma Fearon
Absolutely brilliant

This series is so good I mark release dates on my calendar. This one is no exception.
Brilliant conversation, a plot that means you never expect the twists and turns, characters you really cheer for.

Anwen is perfect.
Deb Dionne
Grave Humor

A wonderful humorous and snarky paranormal book. This series is hilarious. A fantastic story and I can’t wait for R J Blain’s next book!
KDinSC
Excellent!

I love this world, the unearthly inhabitants and of course, the snarky byplay! . Devils and angels, black dogs, and spotted cats. Abuse and revenge, victim to empowered. Did I mention the snark?
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Run Around
  • Taken (Royal States  #1.5)
  • The Dawn of Dae (Dae Portals, #1)
  • Cold Flame (Royal States, #7)
  • Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection
  • Bat out of Hell
  • Storm Called (Royal States, #1)
  • Bonds (Royal States, #6)
  • Ginger Snapped
  • Dragons Don't Eat Meat (Valkyrie Bestiary #1)
  • Shammed
  • Open Haunted House (An Obscure Magic, #11)
  • The Captive King (Royal States, #3)
  • Dervishes Don't Dance (Valkyrie Bestiary #2)
  • A Guiding Light (Royal States, #4)
  • Possession on the First (An Obscure Magic, #10)
  • Hired Luck (Twisted Luck, #2)
  • My Luck (Twisted Luck, #1)
RJ Blain suffers from a Moleskine journal obsession, a pen fixation, and a terrible tendency to pun without warning.

When she isn't playing pretend, she likes to think she's a cartographer and a sumi-e painter. In reality, she herds cats and a husband, and obeys the commands of Tsu Dhi, the great warrior fish.

In her spare time, she daydreams about being a spy. Should that fail, her contingency plan

Magical Romantic Comedies (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Playing with Fire (Magical Romantic Comedies, #1)
  • Hoofin' It (Magical Romantic Comedies, #2)
  • Serial Killer Princess (Magical Romantic Comedies, #3)
  • Whatever for Hire (Magical Romantic Comedies, #4)
  • No Kitten Around (Magical Romantic Comedies, #5)
  • Blending In (Magical Romantic Comedies, #6)
  • Cheetahs Never Win (Magical Romantic Comedies, #7)
  • Burn, Baby, Burn (Magical Romantic Comedies, #8)
  • Double Trouble (Magical Romantic Comedies, #9)
  • A Chip on Her Shoulder (Magical Romantic Comedies, #11)

News & Interviews