Start by marking “Getting Schooled” as Want to Read:

Getting Schooled

It was a one-night stand five years ago.

As much as I hated myself for thinking about Emelia, I couldn’t help it.

But she left town and life went on.

I married someone else and started living.

I thought we were both happy. I was wrong.

My ex-wife walked out on me and our son, not wanting domestic anything.

So I did the only thing I could.

I started over.

A single d
Published September 4th 2019 by BrixBaxter Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Getting Schooled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Schooled

Start your review of Getting Schooled
Shanyece
Sep 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Honestly, Jace and the children were absolutely amazing! I just could not get behind or even understand the heroine. I thought she would have at least a reasonable explanation on why she didn’t tell Jace, but it was purely for selfish reasons. In real life, she wouldn’t have got a happy ending but this is Book world.
Maggie Whitworth
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
❤️❤️❤️❤️
💋💋
Sweet , romantic and beautiful
I adored this story .
I’ll be reading more of Ali’s books
Melissa Rezab
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I had a hard time believing a few things in this book which I think clouded my opinion. One, most women cannot know they are pregnant at 3 weeks as you dont miss a period until you are 4 weeks. So, unless the friend was under doctors care and getting blood tests daily, she wouldnt know she was pregnant. Now, I am not a doctor but I thought this was common knowledge among women who have been pregnant or have tried to get pregnant. Also, the thought of two teachers calling in sick while they are o ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He's a single father raising a son by himself after his ex walks out on them. He never expected that he would get a second chance to start again but when Emelia shows up at the school that he teaches at, he is in for a surprise. They still have the feelings for each other after years apart but will her secret keep them apart? This touching story will have you in Jace and Emelia's corner as they try to the gap between them to a happily ever after. I voluntarily agreed to receive n ARC of this boo ...more
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ali Parker knows how to grab her readers and doesn't let them go until you've read the final page. Getting Schooled is a heartfelt and well written second chance romance story with an amazing storyline and great characters. It's filled with the perfect amount of secrets, heartache, hot chemistry, betrayal, forgiveness, passion, hot chemistry, and love.

I volunteered to review an advance reader copy of this book.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read. Emelia and Jace hooked up one night at a wedding. Six years later she moves to town with her son. Jace already has a child but Emelia has one too. The problem is that her son is Jace's but he doesn't know it. Of course there is some drama but in the end it all works out. ...more
ROSA CASTILLO
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
So wordy!!

The story could’ve been written in half the pages. There was no edge to Jace, Gwen got away with it all and Emelia was meh. Not a bad book, but too descriptive.
Beverly
What did I like about this story? Jace and his interactions with his class.
description

What I didn't Like? Gosh almost everything else. Obviously some situations were kind of ridiculously and not believable. The kids were like secondary characters not important enough to write scenes about the most important things: (view spoiler)
description

Definitely could have been a way much better story. It
christyheartsbooks
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Entertaining

This was a quick and entertaining read but I had a hard time understanding her reasoning. She always thought about him, always had a way to get in touch with him but didn’t? When it all came out she didn’t even offer a good reason to justify her actions. I couldn’t wrap my head around that. I love secret baby tropes but this one missed the mark for me.
Jo-Ann Forrest
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet second chance at love story . Jace and Emelia’s story is heartfelt and their second chance at love makes this an enthralling story which will entertain you. I honestly volunteered to review this story.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and was honored to have been able to read and review. It was such a phenomenal read and had amazing characters as well as an amazing story line. I just could not get enough of it and once I started reading it I could not put it down. I recommend that you read it.
Shirley
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I found this a predictable story from the start. Maybe as an avid reader I read too much but found this very similar to other scenarios. I am not adding any spoilers. It certainly passed several hours though and kept me interested enough to finish it.
Sbell
This was a sweet read. I really rooted for Jace
and Emeila. My biggest problem was what
Emeila kept from Jace....for so many years.
There was no explaination, and it was very
selfish and childish. I got beyond that,
because Jace did and enjoyed this book.
Linda
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
I absolutely hate that all the drama was because Emillia didn’t tell Jace that he had a son, especially after they got back together. The best part of this book was the children.
Rogetwhi
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
I didn’t like this one. I absolutely hated the heroine and didn’t feel the connection between her and the H. I’m giving it two stars because the writing wasn’t bad and I don’t find any mistakes.
Theresa
Feb 01, 2021 rated it liked it
Cute, Quick read

Emilia and Jace's story is a quick read. It is helped by their cute sidekicks, Paxton and Linden.
It's a very typical secret baby story (though I gotta think some people are idiots for not figuring out the connection).
My reason for giving 3 stars is the absolute mess of a timeline(school being in session for 3 months, but it being mid September, for example). Between that and a few story points that wouldn't happen, I was jolted back to reality and couldn't easily get back into
Stephanie  Dazzo-Bottini
May 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Getting Schooled

Have and Emilia took me on a roller coaster. This was a fantastic read. Their love and passion was what helped them conquer the tough stuff.
Patricia Koch
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Getting Schooled

WOW!!!! Can't believe it! Delish love story between Jace and Em. Exciting in every way! Seriously sexual partnership between the two before and after a period of 6 years. Just read! Ali Parker love her style of writing! ENJOY
Jenny
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Emelia has moved to teach at a school where her best friend's husband works. She's moving to town with a secret.
Jace teaches at the same school and is raising his son on his own, reconnecting with Em has been great and they introduce their children but how will Jace react when he learns her secret.
Terri Eaches
More Than A Couple, They Are A Family ♥🔥👬♥

Sometimes life doesn't work out the way you think it should but it will take you on a journey with bad choices, hard decisions and mistakes that strengthen you. Emelia and Jace met almost six years ago at their respective best friend's wedding and had a most memorable night that starts their separate journeys. Their present is full of heartache, both single parents putting their children front and center in their lives and both teachers. Jace is trying t
MJM
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is now my favourite Ali Parker book. I loved the storyline and the six main characters [Jace, Emelia, Pax, Linden, Mary and John] are all wonderful people that, in real life, I'm sure most of us would like to call friends. Emelia and Jace meet at their best friends, Mary and John's wedding and really hit it off as they say. Jace is a high school English teacher and Emelia is a teacher to be in training and is encouraged by Jace. They spend one very passionate night together then she returns ...more
Diane
Recommends it for: ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE BOOK
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "GETTING SCHOOLED" Such a beautifully written second chance at love storyline so much happens in this book it's full of emotional situations, secrets, lies, betrayal, angst, intense heartfelt drama, heartache, page after page OMG situations.
Jace and Emelia get a second chance at love their chemistry is off the smoking hot but both have difficult issues to deal with from their past.
Jace is an English teacher at Annapolis Secondary and a single father with an adora
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Ali Parker Is a pure genius and I couldn't recommend reading her latest release, Getting Schooled, more. This incredibly crafted storyline broke my heart and mended it together again seamlessly.

School Teacher, Jace, is also a single Father to the adorable Paxton, his Son, and his pride and joy. After his Wife walked away from them both, Jace didn't really think he'd find love again. However, when he is reunited with a beautiful woman from his past, Emelia, everything just makes sense again.
Bonnie
A second chance at love

Jace and Emelia - what an adorable story of two people who met at a wedding six years ago and who have the chance to see how the chemistry they shared so many years ago is still so electrifying.

Jace, a high school teacher is a single father of a four year old little boy named Paxton. Paxton is a sweet but shy boy who just misses his mother’s love and attention after she walked out on him and his father.

Emelia is a single mother of a six year old boy named Linden. Linden th
Christine Garza
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a breathtakingly beautiful story about second chances, friendship, and family. Jace is a single father and high school teacher attempting to heal his son's broken hear following his mom's departure. Emelia is a single mom who moves to Annapolis for a new teaching job. Jace and Emelia have a past, a one night stand at a wedding that resulted in a secret she never shared. Now six years later when they are reunited, Jace and Emelia rediscover the connection and love they thought had faded i ...more
Donita Jones
GETTING SCHOOLED By Ali Parker

I know when I pick up a book by Ali Parker I am getting the full deal. A solid story line that pulls me right in, great characters that I care about right off that have hot passionate chemistry, and secondary characters that are fleshed out and part of the integral story line. Getting Schooled is no exception and a great second chance romance.
Jace is a high school teacher that is raising a four year old by himself after his ex-wife walks out on them both. Emelia is
Kristen Lewendon
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this second chance story, but I have moments where I’m not sure if I understand why I did. I adored Jace and the boys, the best friends and extended family. Emelia is where it breaks down a little bit for me. I’m fifty-fifty on secret baby plots. There’s only a couple of truly legitimate reasons I can support for a father not being told he has a child. None of those are anywhere in evidence in this book, and that bothered me. However, I did appreciate her contrition when the se ...more
Vickie
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wickedly awesome story of two soulmates. Em and Jace both sexy hot singles meet at the wedding of their best friends. The couple have a one night stand and go their separate ways. Em gets home to find out she pregnant and chooses to keep it a secret. Jace falls for another women and marries. After the birth of this son His wife leaves and Jace is a single father. Em has a son. Eventually Em graduates from college and secures her first teaching job and it’s here she comes face to face with Jace i ...more
Chiquita  Bee
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Getting Schooled with Sweet Romance

Jace is busy being a single dad in Annapolis, raising 4 year old Paxton and trying to get his son adjusted to going to preschool while Jace works as a high school teacher. Poor little Paxton has been telling with disappointment when his mother fails to show up again to spend time with him. Emelia, a single mom raising her 5 year old son Linden, is preparing to move to Annapolis to begin teaching high school. She has been back there since her friend Marie got ma
Jennifer Soppe
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t help but want to get schooled myself

Emelia, a secondary school history teacher, and Jace, a secondary school literature teacher, met six years ago at their respective best friend’s wedding. As the story progresses lines begin to blur, choices made have severe consequences, and facing reality while gaining forgiveness will be the most difficult hurdle to overcome. Ali Parker’s Getting Schooled draws a new picture of happiness available in spite of tough decisions made. Focusing on the abi
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Ignite The Spark Between Us (Searing Saviors #4)
  • Pretending To Be Rich (Bad Boy Greeks #3)
  • Take It Down A Notch
  • All About The Treats
  • Show Me What You Got
  • My Favorite Mistake (Bad Boy Greeks, #2)
  • Bad Boy's Secret Baby
  • Baby's Daddy
  • Best Fake Fiancé (Loveless Brothers #2)
  • Come Work For Me
  • Heartbreaker
  • My Best Mistake
  • Keeping Secrets
  • Daddy To Go (To Go #2)
  • Have Your Way with Me
  • Turn Up The Heat (Searing Saviors #3)
  • My Ex's Secret Baby
  • The Hardest Hit
Ali Parker is a full-time contemporary and new adult romance writer with more than a hundred and twenty books behind her. She loves coffee, watching a great movie, and hanging out with her hubs. By hanging out, she means making out. The man is hot. Hello.
She’s a creative at heart and loves coming up with more ideas than any one person should be allowed to access. She lives in Tennessee with her h