Start by marking “The Scapegracers (Scapegracers, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Scapegracers (Scapegracers, #1)

The Scapegracers

(Scapegracers #1)

An outcast teenage lesbian witch finds her coven hidden amongst the popular girls in her school, and performs some seriously badass magic in the process.

Skulking near the bottom of West High’s social pyramid, Sideways Pike lurks under the bleachers doing magic tricks for Coke bottles. As a witch, lesbian, and lifelong outsider, she’s had a hard time making friends. But
Expected publication: May 12th 2020 by Erewhon Books

To ask other readers questions about The Scapegracers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scapegracers

Start your review of The Scapegracers (Scapegracers, #1)
K8
Aug 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: lgbt-2020, 2020, may-2020
god is there any better combination of words than "lesbian witch"?
Clemlucian (🏳️‍🌈the villain's quest)
Instagram | youtube

just been approved on Netgalley for an arc of this
Fabian
Dec 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: must-read-2020
Lesbian witches cursing dudebros & complex female friendships? Hell yeah!
biconique
Oct 13, 2019 marked it as released-2020
witch lesbian + finding a gf + high school cliques + found family + female friendships + casting curses on dudebros? love that for us in 2020 !
Rach
Feb 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t love this book but I didn’t dislike it.

The book started off fast pace but then the story to me went really slow and was a bit repetitive. Maybe as it Is the first book in the series in will pick up more in the second book.

I did like some of the characters though. We have Sideways (that is her nickname) whose really name is Eloise who is a outcast and has been practising magic for years. The three others of the group that Sideways joins are Jing, Yates and Daisy. At the start of the
Jackie
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Maybe I went into this expecting too much.

“Scapegracers” begins when the cool girls at school invite Sideways to perform real magic at their party which she thinks is a one night trick with no strings attached but when her power triggers something connecting them all she finds that maybe she no longer has to spend her teenage years standing on the sidelines and when witchfinders come lurking at her door they must band together to protect the coven.

This book plays to elements of The Craft and
Briana
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A must read.

This has easily become one of my favorite books.

THE PROSE *chef’s kiss*

THE CHARACTERS

The world!

Did I mention the prose? I made it to page 16 when I decided that I needed to read it again.

I love the relationship between these four friends. The way they quietly and loudly show understanding for each other even when they don’t understand.
I can’t pick a favorite character because they’re all my favorites. My GOD they are so well written.

The magic was treated with respect, it felt
Carolina
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Sideways is a lesbian, a witch, and an outcast. When Jing, Yates, and Daisy, the most popular girls in school, invite her to do some magic at their Halloween party, it’s her chance to show off and be cool. But something goes wrong that brings the girls together.
The way the girls take Sideways into her group is one of the sweetest examples of friendship between girls I’ve ever seen in fiction. All four girls have interesting and distinct personalities that made me wish I had friends like that in
Liv
Feb 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Scapegracers tells the story of an outcast who finds her people when she begins to explore the world of magic and witchcraft.

The book opens right into the action and the plot moves along quickly. It is very interesting learning alongside the coven how the magical system works, and the details make for a dark and atmospheric book. There are some smart and funny moments, and in particular I loved the fresh take on female friendships between teenagers, far more realistic (at least in my
CR
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
I wanted to love this one but it all ended up being pretty disappointing. It was very fast paced and the story was interesting but I failed to care about the characters. The romance just didn't work out at all and the characters all started to blend together as no one really had their own voices.
Greyson | Use Your Words

Thank you to Netgalley for providing me an advanced reader copy in exchange for my honest review.
___
BlogInstagramTwitterTumblr
Thewritersrampage
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I wasn't really sure how I felt about this novel. I couldn't get passed the first few pages, but when I did it picked up a little. I thought personally there was to much detail for a first novel. But all in all, I will give it a Four out of Five stars because eventually, the book did grow on me.
kim
Jan 26, 2020 marked it as to-read
you had me at "teenage lesbian witch"
Jan 08, 2020
Linda
Hannah

• Know My Name
  • Just Kids
  • Black Wings Beating (Skybound #1)
  • Red Skies Falling (Skybound, #2)
  • He Started It
  • The Cheat (Played #1)
  • The Upside of Falling
  • Origami Man (Gibson Vaughn #5)
  • The Diseased Ones (The Hollis Timewire Series, #1)
  • Spectacle (Spectacle, #1)
  • Chilling Effect (Chilling Effect, #1)
  • All Your Twisted Secrets
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • The Vanishing Deep
  • Redemption Prep
  • To Have and to Hoax
  • The King of Crows (The Diviners, #4)