Start by marking “Never Again” as Want to Read:
Never Again

Never Again

When Emilia Evans told Hudson she never wanted to see him again, she thought never would last more than two years. Now he’s everywhere, determined to win her back. The more he reminds her of everything they once shared, the more she needs to hold on to the reason it all fell apart. Because Hudson St. James is a liar, and if she lets him, he’ll destroy her all over again.

Hu
Published March 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Never Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Again

Start your review of Never Again
Fre06 Begum
Melanie (mells_view)
Sweet. Cute. Quick.

Never Again is a sweet and cute second chance romance novella. So basically the two main characters broke up because of things, the hero left, but now he’s back. The heroine is less than thrilled, well sorta, and well... you know how this goes. It’s super sweet though, and just an easy feel good read. Even though it’s quick I felt invested in the characters and their hopeful HEA.
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
What a year this is shaping up to be!! Another new-to-me author just completely wow'd me with a second chance romance that I devoured in one shot! This story packed such a punch in such a short novella and I enjoyed it immensely. I typically find it somewhat difficult to thoroughly connect with characters and their storyline in so few words but C.G. Blaine hooked me with Never Again and I'm officially a fan.

I adored the writing in this novella, loved the sharp style and the smart dialogue. I lov
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love second chance romances and C.G packed so much into this novella... I cant wait to read more from her!

XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was another hit by C.G. Blaine. It was novella length but didn’t skip a beat when it comes to the storyline, character development, chemistry, and pacing.

Hudson was a great lead and his love shone through and Emília was a good match for him despite her hang ups about being hurt again. The plot was centered on a misunderstanding and the emotional repercussions.

There’s something Hudson did while they were apart that I didn’t like because it felt like it lessened the impact of what he said h
*My Little Book Nook*
This novella is packed full of depth. It’s emotional, it’s sexy, it’s funny. The main characters are perfect, the story is original, and the writing is flawless. Never Again is everything I love about CG Blaine’s writing. Definitely recommend!

Preorder it here: https://amzn.to/2PIXH5b
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Emilia and Hudson were once each other's everything until he betrayed her so badly she shut him out of her life. Now he's back and determined to remind her that they love each other. Will she give him the second chance he craves?

Wow! That's the first word I thought of when I was done. This is such a heartfelt, sweet second chance. Hudson works his tail off to get his Emilia back, even though she resists for longer than his heart can almost take. And I was proud of her because she stood up fo
Dawn
Mar 16, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Thank God I skimmed this one...

So I saw a blurb in an add where the hero asks the girl how many guys she had been with in the two years since they had broken up. It had me interested, because I figured if he had the balls to ask that he must have waited. He goes on and on through your the parts I skimmed about how much he loves her. But nope. It’s the same old tired bs whet he was a manwhore before her and again after her. He actually gives us way too much information about that. He also goes in
Thuy Taylor
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a cute, sweet, heartfelt second chance romance. Opposites who found each other in high school and falling completely head over heels for each other. Emilia and Hudson were utterly in love with each other and planned their future together, until she was blindsided by the one she loved the most. Her and Hudson's future went up in smoke and vanished in thin air. Fast forward to her time in college and opening her door brings the past she absolutely despises to her.

Hudson didn't have any co
Maja Brixley
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
4,5 stars

This book was so cute and heartwarming.

I loved Hudson so freaking much, He was such a sweetheart and you could definitely see how much he loved Emilia. I liked Emilia aka. Emmy as well, but there was just sometimes, that I didn’t get her.

The story was full of depth and emotions. There wasn’t a whole lot of sex in it, but the sex that was there, was good.

This was my first book from C. G. Blaine, but I enjoyed the writing style alot, and I can definitely see myself picking up some of h
Tammy -
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this novella by C.G. Blaine. My only complaint is that it's not a full length novel! I'd have loved to read more. ...more
Karin
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
For a short read this packed a real good punch, not lacking in much overall. Hudson and Emilia were high school sweethearts until he breaks her hurt and now he’s back to right his wrongs and have her see what once was can be even better.
Stefanie Jenkins
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"No matter how badly I want to deny it, I've missed it all. Hudson wasn't just my first love. He was my only one - clawing his way so far in, I've never been able to dig him al the way out. Regardless of how much I've tried."

A cute and emotional but short story following Hudson and Emmy finding their way back to each other. Things are not always what they seem and when the truth is revealed we understand that some things are meant to happen for a better cause.

I couldn't stop laughing at Emmy's
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great writing and compact story tightly told in novella form.
The Lusty Literarians
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Oh man... Never Again gave me all the feels! So much happens in this novella and I loved every moment!! Hudson and Emilia were high school sweethearts torn apart by Hudson's betrayal shortly before their high school graduation. Now 2 years later he returns to his home town and fights to right the largest mistake of his life. He also struggles to understand all of the unforeseen circumstances that contributed to the demise of their relationship. Never Again is a wonderful second chance romance ab
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Love second chance romance. Hudson has always love Emilia even while apart but he's back and even though their time apart hes not been the best he never stopped loving her and he's going to get her back. I loved this story. ...more
Marnie
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This novella has a whole heap of feels packed into it!!!
C.G. Blaine is a new-to-me author and I absolutely loved this book. She has packed a whole lot of heart into this beautiful novella that had me crying for both Emmy and Hudson, and laughing at the hilarity of Emilia’s step father.

Hudson is such a beautiful young man. He was so caring in expressing the truth of his emotions. I loved that he didn’t play head games or hold back from Emmy. He was consistent and absolutely in love with her, neve
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm always down with second chance romance, but there are things that I'm completely over in that trope. Emilia thought Hudson was her person until he betrayed her so deeply, that she cut him out of her life completely. Of course, that didn't stop her from never getting over him to the point that she never moved on, which is an issue for me. Hudson, on the other hand, had no issues being a douche though he "supposedly" never got over her either, which means that I had NO love for him whatsoever ...more
Erika Adkins Russell
Cute story!!!
Katrece Nelson
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another thank you is in order to Wildfire Marketing Solutions for allowing me to participate in this blog tour.

Never Again….BROKE. ME!!! It was so good I read it in a day!! Full disclosure it was only maybe 90 pages due to being a Novella but it felt like so much more with the emotional roller coaster it takes you on. Hudson and Emilia are perfection. I enjoyed Hudson being flawed and imperfect but willing to fight for what he wanted and needed. Emilia was so relatable. She was a girl with a bro
Breen
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I’ve just finished reading this book and I’m so in love with it! Never Again was a sweet, cute and heartwarming story. I’m so in love with Hudson, he was such a sweetheart and melt my heart with his words. The way he loved Emily was so delightful to read. I’ve a love/hate relationship with her, I couldn’t tolerate her sometimes. The story was deeper and so much more emotional than I though it was going to be. It was hot but not so full of steamy scenes. Though the story was well written and the ...more
Lisa
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Never Again by C.G. Blaine is a standalone novella length romance. It is all about second chances and redeeming yourself to the one you love. Told in dual POV between Emelia and Hudson we start in the now and get flashes back and forth to slowly piece together their past, their issues, what broke them apart, and just how it will be fixed.

For a short story there was a great amount of depth and detail that was dished out that was integral to the story, well-balanced, and made for such a great rea
K
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This novella from C.G. Blaine packs quite a punch. I was rooting so hard for Hudson, feeling even harder for Emilia. As a former private university student who had her tuition and living expenses fully paid by her parents, I initially found the cause behind the tension that was between the 2 MCs too shallow. Then, I remembered Auntie Becky, her ungrateful daughter, and the college scandal in the USA. So, yeah, I finally got it. It's a BFD.

I really, REALLY liked how the case was ultimately solve
Gsmitty
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My heart! I adored this novella about Hudson and Emmy from start to finish. It was an emotional rollercoaster ride that I definitely almost needed tissues for. The emotions were real, the tension, love, distress, hope, tangible, and it was basically a perfect second chance romance.
A series of miscommunications, of people trying to do the right thing, of acting before thinking things through, of fate, of kismet, of destiny. This story has it all! The scenes at the nursing home touching, the echoe
Silvia
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was a bit hesitant about reading this book once I realized it was a novella. Novellas tend to leave me feeling unsettled and not always satisfied. Never Again, however, blew me away! Not only did I feel like I read a complete story but id was so heartfelt and well written. I loved both Emmy and Hudson, but in the end, Murry is the one who took my breathe away! I seriously shed a few tears at some of the things he said or wrote in his letters. For such a short read, I highlighted the heck out o ...more
J. Ockenhouse
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Please don't look at this as just a novella because C.G. is driving this one and it's got alot for a quick read.

Emilia and Hudson 2nd chance is one you can feel as you read. It's packed high with emotions, heartfelt and I swear I felt as though they were standing in front of me as I read each letter. I held my heart a few times and sure my heart skipped a few beats.

C.G. has a book voice that makes the angels sing. I've only read three books from her and each is unique with unforgettable charact
Alharaca
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have always love a second chance story, and this one meet my expectations, is a beautiful sweet and endearing story that the author makes us part of it, loved how the story began and how it ending, the main characters chemistry and love for each other. This one is a must.
Julia DeBarrioz
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A short, sweet novella packed with all the emotionally charged romance and sarcastic wit I have come to love from C.G. Blaine. The angst! The feels! The snark! :) I love CG's characters, they're always so funny and FULL of heart. There are so many laugh-out-loud moments in this short little book. She even made me cry, as usual, and I'm kinda mad about it. ;) Pick this up, you won't be disappointed! ...more
Ann
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I rarely give 5 star ratings but this Novella packs so much in a short story that I felt it deserved the rating. Emilia and Hudson were perfect for each other and were great characters. The storyline is is rich with emotion and is well written.
Ariadna Basulto
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Such a fun and sexy novella to spend a quickie with. *wink* This was my first story from C.G. Blaine and it definitely left me wanting more.

Despite it being a novella Hudson and Emilia’s story has depth and plenty of feels. Hudson is a total sweetheart and as swoony as they get. I enjoyed the romance, the feels, and definitely the storytelling. Looking forward to more form this author. 4 stars.

• The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • This is Reckless: Drew & Courtney, #1 (Drew & Courtney, #1; Checkmate Duet, #3)
  • Taming Him (Bishop Brothers, #1)
  • Forever Mine: Hayden & Savannah (Roommate Duet, #0.5)
  • Baby Mine (Hunter & Lennon, #1; Roommate Duet, #1)
  • Kiss Me Like You Mean It
  • The Bad Boy's Girl  (The Bad Boy's Girl #1)
  • Cornerstone (Cornerstone, #1)
  • Straight On Till Morning (Twisted Tales)
  • The Beauty and the Beast (Heroes Ever After #1)
  • Getting Hot with the Scot (Sometimes in Love, #1)
  • The Bastard (Filthy Trilogy #1)
  • His Forbidden Obsession
  • Filthy Gods (American Gods, #0.5)
  • F*cked at 40
  • The Risk (Mindf*ck, #1)
  • Sugar Fighter (Sugar Daddies #1)
  • After Care (Sexy Silver Foxes #1)

C.G. Blaine writes contemporary romance and new adult novels. At one time, she was cool. Now she lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband and plays pillow to a forever-hangry blind cat. She’s terrible at texting back, and if she’s overly nice to you, chances are she’s not a fan.

Keep up with CG!