Start by marking “Cambiare (The Faerie Concerto #1)” as Want to Read:
Cambiare (The Faerie Concerto #1)

Cambiare (The Faerie Concerto #1)

Everyone knows the fae are dangerous. Beautiful, capricious creatures, they are as enticing as they are forbidden.

When Princess Cirelle’s brother falls deathly ill, there’s only one sure way to save him: a secret bargain with one of the fae folk. The cost? A year of servitude in the mystical faerie realm. But Cirelle’s new fae master, Ellian, holds secrets even deadlier th
Published September 17th 2019 by Azuline Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cambiare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cambiare

Start your review of Cambiare (The Faerie Concerto #1)
Vanessa
"Don't ever give a fairy an inch, Princess, or we'll take everything."

This was honestly all I dreamed it to be. Glittery, sexy, clever, all about fae trickery and the push-and-pull of the main characters' attraction to danger - and each other.

I especially loved all the magic, the parties & beautiful homes, and the faerie rules & oaths. also the absolute genius of the ring near the end, a perfect way to handle a plot twist reveal and yet keep the pacing clean in the climax and also fit in all
Renee
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I personally have a thing for immortal creatures like faeries. This book gave me such Holly Black mixed with Sarah J Maas vibes and it is perfect for me.
So if you like A Court Of Thorns And Roses and A Cruel Prince read this book. You'll love it.
Sifa Poulton
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
CAMBIARE is a yummy fae book, full of bargains, twisty fae rules (the touching rule at the ball is so important and I loved how it played into the danger), and people too pretty for their own good (and don't they know it!) This is a sumptuously written book - the descriptions are just so decadent. If you want gorgeous clothing and intricate settings, this is a book for you.

After a few discussions about "what counts" as romance lately, I'll say that my definition of a romance book is one where a
Katrina Ariel
This is one of the best books I've read that involves the world of faerie. It's complex, with so many twists I didn't see coming. The characters are fantastic! I fell in love with them and especially appreciated the internal/mental struggles alongside the external conflict. I can't wait for the next in the series. What an achingly beautiful story!

If you enjoy irresistible fae and stubborn, strong female characters, go read this book!
Rebecca
3 star

I found this on the dark side for my current taste, but I did like the main characters and their mix of attraction and conflict. Some elements of the writing early on felt distancing to me. The world was well developed.

Happy to see the bi representation.

Rage
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An alluring composition - a must read

An excellent first foray for writer Avery Ames. This book has it all: heraldry, a plague, intrigue, and betrayal. All set against a backdrop of the unfathomable world of the Fae. Can't wait for the next one!
Maryjo Laupp
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-in-2020
If you start reading this book expecting a typical fae story, you are going to be shocked. Very, VERY shocked. Princess Cirelle makes a deal with a mysterious fae named Ellian to save her brother and former lover from a plague that is devastating her kingdom. The price Cirelle has to pay? One year of servitude in Ellian's home. Cirelle knows much of the lore concerning fae and thinks she is prepared for her adventure. But there's a dark side to her that is brought to the surface in the fae realm ...more
E P
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's been an absolute pleasure reading Avery Ames' deliciously whimsical debut. Cambiare teases you in all the right ways as you dive into the Fae realm's magic and intrigue alongside the story's fiery heroine, Cirelle.

With equal parts splendor and danger, I thoroughly enjoyed Cambiare's richly-developed settings and unpredictable twists and turns. But for me, nothing matters more than character, and Avery Ames delivers. Cirelle is determined and driven, prepared to do whatever it takes but ref
DC McNaughton
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cambiare stands above expectations when it comes to debut fantasy. A thrilling ride of intrigue and romance, Cambiare was a pleasure both times I read it through. With a slew of magical characters that lift off the page, and a large, yet easy-to-understand Faerie realm, the book is fit for anyone seeking a seductively teasing romance paired with lies and adventure.

In the same vein of Stephenie Meyer’s ‘Twilight’, Cambiare follows a normal young woman into the world of a charming, but dark-natur
Olivia Woods
Feb 01, 2020
Megan Curtis
Feb 06, 2020

• This Is How You Lose the Time War
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Magic for Liars
  • Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Sea Witch Rising (Sea Witch, #2)
  • Clap When You Land
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • A Golden Fury
  • The Worst Best Man
  • From Lukov with Love
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Creating Character Arcs: The Masterful Author's Guide to Uniting Story Structure, Plot, and Character Development
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
  • Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
Avery Ames is a graphic designer currently residing in Kansas. A lifelong lover of lush fantasy, she writes novels that toe the line between glittery and dark, for fans of fairy tales and everything gothic.

When not writing, she can be found playing video games, making candles, or concocting new tea blends.

News & Interviews