Start by marking “Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)” as Want to Read:
Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)

Heartless Hero

(Crowne Point #1)

There are rules to being Abigail Crowne’s bodyguard, rules to watching the infamous billion-dollar heiress, otherwise known as the Reject Princess.
Never forget your place, always put the Crowne name above all else, and never, ever hurt the Reject.
Especially don’t torment the Reject.
Even if she is a spoiled brat.
So when an opportunity presents itself to punish her, you defi
396 pages
Published October 24th 2019 (first published October 21st 2019)

Start your review of Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ***

5 Truth or Promise CROWNS

Readers! Lovers of bully romance, second chance, enemies to lovers! This!! This book, Heartless Hero is just want you need. Mary Catherine Gebhard hits the sweet spot between hate and love, and the tension sizzles between this couple from the minute they are on the page together.

Theo Hound owns my soul. He is bully to the highest degree. I love every dark and twisted act, every vile word that comes from his dirty mouth. You know why? Ge
C.L. Matthews
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She brandished me with love, it turned to hate and ended with a promise. Mary has squashed every notion I had for HH and wove a beautiful heartless-reject masterpiece.

I've read a lot of bully romances in my life. Some could say most of them. Not one has destroyed me quite like this one.

I don't say this a ton, or even write reviews for every book I've read...
BUT. And this is a HUGE but. This book deserves a better ranking than I could ever offer or bestow. It outranks my knowledge of perfecti
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„A wound on your soul changes who you are. If you didn’t love yourself first, you can’t love anyone.”

Bully romance? Check.
Enemies to lovers plot? Check.
Second chance story? Check!

Heartless Hero is a perfect combination of all three! Mary Catherine Gebhard has created a brilliant story that draws you in from the first page and keeps all of your attention up to the last sentence. I’m a big fan of bully romances and recently it’s not so easy to please me when it comes to this trope, but Mary del
♥️Dev♥️
Sep 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

She is the princess. And he is her dog.

5 "Reject" stars!!!!!!

Theo, a man who's been abandoned on the streets..first by his mother, then by the love of his life. The only girl who ever treated him right. Took him in when everyone else looked down.
But then she left him. No, she sent him away.
And now he's coming back for revenge. To protect. To torment. To love

Abby, always the second best, a reject, a
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
heartless-hero

HEARTLESS HERO: Is a full length romance novel by Mary Catherine Gebhard. Spoken in 'Dual Perpectives.' Get ready to meet Theo and Abigail.

𝕴 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝕬𝖇𝖎𝖌𝖆𝖎𝖑 𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓𝖊.
𝕱𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖗, 𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖑 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖗, 𝖙𝖍𝖊 '𝖂𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖉 𝕭𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍' 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕰𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖆𝖘𝖙.

I read this way back in the early process before release and I can't tell you how much I loved this book!! I thought I'd written out my review but nope I hadn't so here goes my late az fuck review!!

This book was completely left field to what I'd previously read by th
K. Webster
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read by Mary Catherine Gebhard and she did not disappoint! It was a captivating enemies-to-lovers romance that had me gobbling up pages as quick as I could turn them! The chemistry between the hero and heroine was off the charts! I loved the constant push and pull. Definitely recommend! Five HOT HERO Stars!
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
I don't care how cute she is, how lovely she is or how much I adore her, Mary Catherine Gebhard is an emotional terrorist! There, I said it. HOLY F*CKING SH*T ASS! I need therapy after this book. REAL TALK. She ripped my heart out, put it through the shredder and glued it back together!

Look, I honestly can't even write a traditional review for this one, yes it's a bully romance at the highest level BUT it's so, so much more, there's the royal aspect, the body guard, the mystery, the family dynam
queen_of_the_books_18
”Abigail and I were a fairy tail I was foolish to believe in.”

Mary Catherine Gebhard just bought her A game with Heartless hero. All the sobs and all the rage! This story was perfection.

Heartless hero is a different take on bully romances that I’ve previously read because this one is a bodyguard bully romance... I hear you. How can that be possible when a bodyguard is there to protect. Well let me just say two words to you.

THEO HOUND

I wanted to slap his smug face and then drop to my knees fo
Jessica
I knew that this was a bodyguard romance, but I didn't know it was also a second chance romaine! Theo and Abigail have a past and were both left heartbroken. Now, years later, Theo is the bodyguard and set on revenge. I wasn't a fan of how he treated Abigail in the beginning, but I really loved when they started to let each other in again and angrily fall for each other because neither of them wanted to. I really enjoyed everything they had to flesh out and the outside forces they had to deal wi ...more
LianaReads blog
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How can one write a review for a love story that didn’t supposed to happen but it overcome everything in its way?

“Love is fear. Fearing it can be taken away, but trusting him not to. Jumping into a black abyss without a bungee cord.”

Bulling has and takes so many forms and shapes in life that sometimes even if you don’t want, there’s nothing else to do but accept and live with that life? At least that’s what I feel like many people are struggling with in our days and that’s why when we read simil
Mary Gebhard
Aug 18, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
HEARTESS HERO IS LIVE EARLY!!
Are you ready to curl up with Theo Hound???

There are rules to being Abigail Crowne’s bodyguard, rules to watching the infamous billion dollar heiress otherwise known as the Reject Princess.

Love is off limits, but no one said anything about hate.

AMAZON US: https://amzn.to/35U5HGW
AMAZON UK: https://amzn.to/2MCPUVh
AMAZON CA: https://amzn.to/33VotMl
AMAZON AU: https://amzn.to/2W2owmQ

description

"Up and at-em, Reject.” Theo threw open the windows. Yellow gold morning light assaulted t
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Wow. What a rollercoaster ride. I absolutely was not expecting Heartless Hero to ruin me like it did. My heart swooned and wept and I don't think I'll ever be the same. Theo and Abigail were on an epic ride from beginning to end and it's been twelve hours and my heart still has not recovered. Their love was tumultuous and emotional and I know their story will stay with me for a very long time.

Anyone who knows me knows I need my alpha heroes THE MEANER THE BETTER but Theo Hound was on another l
Snow
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolute hit!
L.O.V.E.D. it.

a total antagonizing anti-hero...
an a heroine that finds her stand in the most cruelest of the outside worlds - those of the RICH kind.
CristiinaReads❀
DNF— first DNF of the year and I am not reviewing it nor rating it😐 such a disappointment💭
Heather *Undercover Summer Goth*
DNF @ 4%

1. "dower-faced"

2. hero is named Theo Hound. Theo HOUND.

3. "We've redone your en suite into a room."

Huh? They turned a bathroom into an adjoining bedroom? Or maybe the bodyguard has to sleep by the toilet? Oh wait no, they just added a foldout couch to her room.

4. a man named Beryl

5. "reddish brown eyes, and in certain lights, they looked purple"

What the actual fuck is that even supposed to look like? Demonic?

6. awful syntax

On the surface, it seems like this is well-written (for the firs
Dora Koutsoukou
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-amazing-stars
5 ⚡️❤️⚡️❤️ 🔥 ❤️⚡️❤️⚡️❤️🔥🔝👏🔝🔥🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣️

He is a dog.
She is a reject.
I am dumbfounded, speechless, astonished, wrecked.

An extremely addictive and intense (bully, friends to enemies to lovers) romance story full of betrayal, lies, broken characters, ploys and tactics, deceit, manipulation and unconditional love.

I will only say that I found the author’s writing exquisite, the characters and the plot were deeply developed with ferocity, fervour, ardour and with many layers.

I have nothing but praise
Tanaka The Bibliophile
“You’d take away your love, wouldn’t you? Because love isn’t a promise, Abigail. It can’t be broken or kept. Real love just is. It exists without consent. It consumes. You’re just like everyone else. Love is something to forget. Love is something to break.”

You know that exciting feeling that you found a certain book that is written for you. A book that meets your criteria in books. A book with a truly addictive story that ties you up knots. A book that makes you insane. I mean, the books that I
mina
May 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2020
Wow.
I think I wouldn’t have minded much the abuse and everyone being dicks if it had been written better, but again there’s also that. This is a Dark romance book, and the only reason I finished it is that it didn’t annoy the hell out of me.

Everyone and I mean everyone is acting like the main character is a walking catastrophe, the black sheep of the family, and I haven’t seen that. Abigail reacted pretty normally to things it’s just that her family is a bunch of abusers who don’t give a fuck a
Tzelina
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A totally different book of typical bully romance I have already read! The title of the book is describing exactly Theo!!He was a heartless alpha male/bad boy!!! There was so much angst/drama, sometimes it was so brutal, there were so many secrets, but overall there was so much love between Theo and Abigail!! It was excellent written and I totally love it !!
Michelle
3 stars
I liked some of this book and also didn’t like some of it. I thought about not finishing it several times but decided to just skim some parts and ignore other parts that made me roll my eyes.
Her the reject and him the dog grated my nerves. lol I also didn’t feel the love between these two. I think I would of loved it if we started off with them when they first met:)
ABookLover73
#TEAMTHEOANDABBY4EVER

Five true love stars for Abby and Theo 🖤💛💜!!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Always, when I start reading the book by an author from which I didn't read any book before, I have the fear that maybe I will not love the book and the same feeling was about this one.

But, I was wrong and I'm really glad because of that.

This is the first book I've read by Mary Catherine Gebhard and I absolutely loved it!

Her writing style is beautiful and simple that drags you so easily into the book and after you finish it y
Taylor Graham(southernbooknerd93)
Oh wow!!! This book blew me away!!! If you love bully romance, second chance, enemies to lovers, ANGST! This is the book for you! Heartless Hero was the first book by Mary Catherine Gebhard I’ve read and let me honestly say I will be reading more of her work! I went into this book completely blind. I didn’t read the blurb or anything. So I also advise everyone else to go in blind. I got the full impact of emotions this book throws at you. If you love a cold hearted, a**hole, with a hidden sensit ...more
TheSassyNerdBlog
Son of a mother fucking bitch.

Alright, I'll say this right now... This review isn't going to be censored... AT ALL. So be warned that I may curse...

I don't know where the fuck to start with this review... Mary, what have you done? My heart, my emotions, my fucking head... It's a mess and it's YOUR fault.

𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐌𝐂𝐆 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐬:

How to put this into words, and make it spoiler-free? Fuckkkkkkk...

Well, here goes...

Theo was an asshole... He was ruthless, he was rough, he was HEARTLESS... B
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 3.5/ 5 stars

Heartless Hero is a hot bully/bodyguard romance but it had a lot of questioning points. I guess you could say I had love/hate relationship with these two and their "relationship". Although I was rooting for them from the get go and hoped like hell they'd get their sh*t together and choose one another over everything else, well... the way they acted towards one another sometimes had me feeling some type of way. Theo was just too darn much of a cruel ahole. Some of the things h
Millie
Nov 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF
I didn't understand what I was reading. Paragraphs were glued together but made no sense.
The characters were somewhere and on the next page they were somewhere else. Nothing was explained.
No idea how a bodyguard can do all this stuff without consequences.
Despicable & stupid characters. A fairy tale world with villains everywhere. So unrealistic it was hilarious.
Mahima
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! It blew my mind away!! It literally did.
After a LONG while I finally found yet another 'Best of 2020' book.

I was hooked on the story from the very first page. I loved the dual perspective the author has provided. I could feel myself in the place of Abigail and Theo 😭. It was so so painful to read all the sufferings of Abigail😭😭 I count the times I cried for her .
People called her attention seeker but she was only 21 that too completely love-less, cut her some slack dude!!! I don't know wh
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
 photo project_20191002_145853_zpshhuph3ry.jpg
New to me author and books and what an emotional ALL THE FEELS book it was. Even if I am not sure if I did sign up for the ARC or how it came to me, I am glad it did! Check out my FULL REVIEW & MORE on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
jules ☆ミ
I'm so conflicted about this book. I am very picky with bully romances, they're not my favorites but sometimes I find some gems. I saw this book recommended in various authors groups on facebook so I decided to give it a try. And I have a very polarising relationship with it. I liked some parts of it: the tension, chemistry and angst were really well done. I absolutely love second chances and childhood first loves but this one didn't convince me completely.

I hated and i repeat hated how everyone
it.sgottabethebooks
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mary killed it with Theo and Abigail in Heartless Hero. She had me in so many emotions. The author broke me but was quick to ease the pain although my heart palpitations were no joke. I’m still feeling the effects as I write this review. The hangover I feel is real and I don’t know what to do now that their story is over. MCG takes the bully romance to a whole new level as these adults navigate their way to find a love that they once shared as childhood friends. The lies, betrayal and all the an ...more
nikki
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Theo Hound was undeniably gorgeous, and was also dead set on ruining me. He was supposed to be my person, and instead he left me like everyone else...Last night I’d trusted him, and once again he’d betrayed me. I’ll never make that mistake again. From this point on, Theo Hound is enemy number one. I don’t care he’s been charged to guard my life. If I let my guard down, he’ll ruin me. I know it.”

I spent a whole evening curled up on the sofa,reading this book and I barely moved. HEARTLESS HERO is

• Hitching the Cowboy (Circle B Ranch, #1)
  • London Royal (London Royal, #1)
  • The Lion Heart (Rogue Academy #2)
  • Money Man (King Maker, #1)
  • Defiance Falls Revolution (Defiance Falls, #2)
  • Cherry Bomb
  • Mr. Mayfair
  • Defiance Falls War (Defiance Falls, #3)
  • Chasing Fireflies
  • Gypsy King (Clifton Forge #1)
  • Lake (Trinity Academy #3)
  • Just Roommates (Blue Beech, #5)
  • Undone
  • Confess
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • Best of Me
  • The Truth about Tomorrow (The Truth About #2)
See top shelves…
I'm in love with men who stop at nothing for their women, so I write them!

Join my newsletter to get freebies and a FIRST look at my upcoming books
CLICK ME

Join my reader group to chat with me and get exclusive content
CLICK ME

Follow me on Bookbub to be the first to find out on deals

Follow me on Book + Main for first looks & teasers

Crowne Point (4 books)
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • Forbidden Fate (Crowne Point #3)
  • Destroyed Destiny (Crowne Point #4)

News & Interviews

“Because with her, the knife is in me, and I’m gutted, but without her, I’m bleeding.” 1 likes
“A moment passed, his eyes locked on mine; then he trailed his knuckles along my still-flushed cheeks. “Fuck,” he cursed. “I like this look on you.” “What look?” He grinned, looking more wolfish than man. “Me.” 1 likes