Start by marking “A Very Important Teapot” as Want to Read:
A Very Important Teapot

A Very Important Teapot

Praised by comedienne Helen Lederer, founder of Comedy Women in Print Prize, who called it "A curiously magical thriller with suburban subterfuge and sparkle."

A Very Important Teapot is a comedy thriller revolving around the hunt for a lost cache of Nazi diamonds in Australia.

Dawson's life is going nowhere. Out of work and nearly out of money, he is forlornly pursuing the
Published October 18th 2019 by Claret Press

To ask other readers questions about A Very Important Teapot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Important Teapot

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le CarréThe Spy Who Came In from the Cold by John le CarréThe Bourne Identity by Robert LudlumThe Day of the Jackal by Frederick ForsythThe Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy
Best Spy Novels
1,090 books — 1,937 voters
The Spy Who Came In from the Cold by John le CarréTinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le CarréThe Day of the Jackal by Frederick ForsythThe Bourne Identity by Robert LudlumThe Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy
Espionage
873 books — 1,107 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of A Very Important Teapot
Isobelle
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quirky and lovable. Steve Sheppard has created a brilliant cast of characters and a surprising and intricate plot to match. Truly an excellent read.
Deborah Watt
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Extremely entertaining with laugh out loud moments and some unexpected plot twists. I couldn’t put it down.
Andrew Watt
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amusing and thoroughly enjoyable comedy thriller with plenty of twists and turns that maintained the suspense throughout.
Rosie Sheppard
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love the twists and turns of the plot and all the detailed character development, very cleverly written. Such a gripping book!
Sarah Gray
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humour
A Very Important Teapot is a spy spoof of the highest order. A jolly good romp with a whole host of baddies, secret agents and a bewildered chap at the heart of it trying to make sense of it all. If you want to forget your every day chores and enjoy a good laugh, this book is for you.
Getvoldsen
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dawson, just Dawson he doesn't my like his first name, is a hapless, unemployed am-dram fan sent on a global goose chase by his mate from down the pub. Luckily for Dawson and the other like minds he meets help is at hand. If James Bond had been young, female, blond and good looking then here she is to keep things under control. An intriguing thriller, with more than a pinch of wit that will keep you guessing up to its dramatic conclusion.

Prime for a number of sequels as the lead characters are
Claret Press
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know those crazy comedies where bad guys keep popping up and then getting popped off, and there is a terrible confusion about mistaken identities and our hero is extraordinarily hapless but achieves nonetheless? They're hilarious fun that put a smile on your face.

If you've got a stressful job or a stressful holiday with the in-laws, then you are inordinately grateful for this kind of read. Even if you don't, you're inordinately grateful. Because who doesn't love to laugh.

So bless this man,
Rob Sheppard
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rob
I was privileged to be pretty much the first to read the first draft of this book and I sat on my sofa chortling throughout. Now I've read the shorter, published version and it's still as amusing, entertaining and gripping as it was the first time. Great characters, great settings and some topical references that chimed with me brilliantly. Perfect for deckchairs, hammocks, train journeys, flights... and, of course, sofas! Go buy! Go read!
Sylvia Vetta
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have leant my copy to my daughter inlaw who is heading off to Cambodia. Its the perfect holiday read .. a spy thriller with a difference - a comedic spoof. When times are heavy we all need a laugh . What I like about this Tom Sharpish /Ben Eltonish novel is that the female characters are the equal of the men .
Tony Treasure
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable comedy thriller. At the time I bought this book I was reading 3 other books, but they had to take a back seat, as I didn’t want to lose the thread of ‘Teapot’ and couldn’t wait to see how each chapter would pan out.
Stuart
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast-paced, comedic spy caper... subtly, unpretentiously quirky and wryly enjoyable!
Gina
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly funny spy thriller. A very accomplished debut novel from Steve Sheppard.
Graham Hammond
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Smashing spy caper with added humour. I'm not a great reader mainly down time and when travelling but this adventure kept me entertained.

You won't be disappointed.
Sophy Oliver
Oct 11, 2019
John Passmore
Jan 24, 2020
Imogen
Jan 22, 2020
Sheppard Steve
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Steve Powell
Charlotte Lamm
Feb 03, 2020
Judy
Feb 11, 2020

• Learning German (Badly)
  • Sculpting the Elephant
  • Hidden in the Shadows: An unforgettable WW2 novel (Untold WW2 Stories)
  • Surface Tension
  • Pimp: The Story of My Life
  • The Name of the Rose
  • The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories
  • The Lottery
Steve was born in Guildford and spent his formative years in the heart of the Surrey Stockbroker belt. Having failed to meet any stockbrokers, he moved to West Oxfordshire in the mid-90s, where he now lives in a quintessentially quirky not-quite-Cotswold village with his wife, Anabel, and the latest in a series of tired cats.