Start by marking “Marked (Playing Games, #1)” as Want to Read:
Marked (Playing Games, #1)

Marked

(Playing Games #1)

Logan-freaking-Oliver.

Sure the million-dollar pretty boy can play football. At least thats what the papers lead us to believe. Me though, Im not so convinced.

Sure he's got a backside you could bounce quarters off, arms you want wrapped around you, dimples youd drown in and hair youd sell your mother to pull... but is he a nice guy or has he let fame go to his head.

I
Published March 19th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Marked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marked

Start your review of Marked (Playing Games, #1)
The Smutbrarians
Feels 0
Steam 4
Storyline 3.5
Overall Rating 3.5
Reviewed by Robin

I have never read Rebecca Barber so I thought I'd give Marked a try since I like to read authors that I've never read. For some reason, I did have a hard time immersing myself into the story. Tasha and Logan didn't seem to mesh well for me. Logan is your typical bad boy in football. Tasha is a feisty heroine and didn't take anything from Logan without dishing it back. I liked the book ok but it just took me a while to get into the
LLS
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great start to a new series! Logan was a football player and Natasha was a reporter/ blogger. Natasha writes a couple of blogs about his team that aren't so flattering to Logan or doesn't even mention him at all. They meet and start talking to each other and the whole time Logan doesn't know she is the person behind the words. Will he be able to get past her deception? I really enjoyed reading their story. I am looking forward to seeing what comes next in the series!

Marnie
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Logan-Freaking-Oliver

Seriously. Rebecca Barber has written her hottest book boyfriend yet, and I couldnt get enough of Logan Oliver, sexy Australian Rules Football player. He is hot on and off the field and, well, just hot and funny as all hell. He lives with a couple of his friends, also sports players, and I have to say that Rebecca Barbers iconic witty humour really comes into its own with the hilarious interactions between these single guys.

Tasha is the sharp tongue anti-fan who isnt at all
World Of Books 65
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 star

An enjoyable first outing for me reading a Rebecca Barber book.

This is a slow burn story it took me awhile to get into Logan and Tasha's story. No denying that the chemistry between the two is hot and the comedy banter had me laughing out loud. Logans team's mate are outstanding and you can see where the other stories will come from.

Tashas blog was great and she came out with some classics - The million Dollar Boy falls short....again . For all Logan's talk he has his feet firmly on
justclayreads
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm usually a huge sports romance kinda gal, but I didn't love this one as much as the others. A big part of that reason is because it's set in another country. I tend to not go for books that are set in other countries just because they have different spellings of words and different lingos or even activities that I struggle with understanding. However, this was a really good book regardless of the personal issue I have. There are some major laugh-out-loud moments and amazing chemistry between ...more
Kari Hansen
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Logan is a successful, single and sexy football player but there is so much more to the man than appears. He has a way with the ladies, is a great teammate and a loyal friend who hasnt let his celebrity status change who he is.

Tasha is focused on getting her degree and her blog. She thought she was immune to the Logans charm until she met him and the chemistry between them ignites but will her secrets destroy the relationship they have been building?

Not only are the interactions between Logan
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the first book I have read by Barber and I am not going to lie I had mixed feelings about it. It took me a while to get into the book, a lot longer than I would have like to, but I was determined to see it through to the end. Tasha and Logan should not be easily paired because of there complicated history but there is no denying the chemistry between the two. Logan is a prominent football player with a bit of a reputation. I like that throughout the book Logan was proven to be smart, ...more
Michele
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow, talk about meeting the one, that makes your life complicated and full all at the same time. Loved the idea of this storyline, great characters with so much emotion. This was definitely a page turner to say just how it was all going to come out with the truth in the end. Enjoyed how this all played out, with understanding and little bit of bruised ego on both parts, but the learning to deal with feelings and expressing them with honesty.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and
Lauren
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book started kinda slow for me I wasn't sure what I really felt about Logan. He definitely seems cocky but he also has a little nerdy side to him. Tasha is one smart mouthed full on sassy chick. These two definitely have chemistry but man they have so much baggage behind them too. It definitely didn't come across how uncomfortable Tasha should have been in some cases but I guess in the end it all works out so well. Logan definitely is more forgiving than others but in the end it all works ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st in a new series from this talented author, and she has done a wonderful job in penning this tale. This is Logan and Tashas story and this chemistry between these two is off the charts. This is a well written tale which is fun, entertaining, humorous, steamy and with witty banter and secrets which had me totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner. I highly recommend for all. ...more
Kylee
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This sports romance was one that had you ping ponging between will they or wont they get together. Logan and Tash are two people drawn to each other. With passion and chemistry that is absolutely electric staying away from each other might be harder than Tash thought. As a secret swirls in the air mixed with denial of feelings these two will be playing a game that neither of them have trained or studied hard enough for. A story that will captivate you, have you cheering from the sidelines and ...more
Sandra Loves Reading
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh yes, this was a fun read!
Tash is an aspiring journalist and writes a sports blog, which is fairly unusual, AND she knows her stuff!
She pulls Logan apart in a post and is then employed to tour with the team and write about the experience...
Very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to the next book!
Catt
Shelves: sports
I'm usually not a fan of australian authors, books set in australia or AFL BUT Rebeccas has change me. I loved this sports romance around Logan and Tasha. Logan was captivated by Tasha, and Tasha kept the biggest secret from Logan. I loved how it all panned out with the angst, will he find out etc! Read it... It's a great sports romance thats light on the sport and heavy on the sexy-times. 5/5!
D.L. Gallie
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Logan-freaking-Oliver, what more can I say?
That man is totally swoony, I fell in love with him from the beginning. I also fell in love with Tasha, her smart sassy mouth was awesome and she's the perfect lady for Logan.
I'm new to Rebecca's work and I cannot wait for more from this amazing author.
BusyM3
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time author for me and it won' be the last. I really enjoyed this book and looking forward to read more. The story was well written, the characters fit well together and have amazing chemistry.

Rina's Reads
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love a good book with a sassy and strong heroine and this book delivered.
Hot? Check
Fun? Definitely
Drama? Some
Hero? Delicious.
I want a Logan Oliver for myself, he seems like a dream.
An easy read that left me wanting to learn more about the world they come from, and see the other characters find their own HEA.
Margaret Neal
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book snuck up on me and stole my heart.
Logan Oliver is football's million dollar man, the highest paid player in the league, but he is oh so much more. He's sweet, smart, sex on a stick and single AF..

Tash is a uni student studying journalism while working in a cafe and writing a football blog.

These two have AH-MAY-ZING chemistry and crazy hot monkey sex but neither want to admit that there are feelings involved, and Tash is hiding a secret that could destroy their budding relationship.

Rebecca
I received an ARC OF Marked and oooh my Logan am AFL Player meets sexy Tash who is she, what will happen wheb he finds out the truth, wicked fun sexy hot loving hidden truths not there's heat and passion loved it a defenite must read can't wait for more.
Megan Goodman
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Logan Oliver is every womans dream man.❤❤❤ Rebecca Barber has written a fantastic book and I cant wait to read the next book in this series. ...more
J.L. Perry
Loved this story.
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
My first story from this author and Im not gonna lie... it was nearly a 3.5 Stars but the adorably sexy Logan and the authors writing style saved the day.
I loved reading Logans parts of the book. He is smart , almost geeky, fit and caring... any girl would be lucky to snag him and Im not so sure that Tasha deserved to be that girl!!....I really did struggle with her. I just couldnt get past how she never seemed to question her own actions and if what she was keeping a secret was right. I didnt
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary ARC - early release copy of this book in Kindle format from the author for review purposes.

This is a college age type romance with a side of sports star and a secret identity big secret romance. It stars Logan and Tasha. Tasha is a college student with a blog and a journalism job who loves football. Logan is the star football player who is also in college. The two meet one night and have a sexy night until she disappears.

Tasha has a blog and she likes picking on
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can definitely say that Marked was the best Rebecca Barber story to date for me, and I make no apologies! It's the story of Tasha, who is trying to get through with her journalism studies, while Logan is a super hot on & off the field, and yet, Tasha isn't impressed with him whatsoever, until she actually came face to face with him, and all of a sudden, no matter what she is determined to do, she can't helped be sucked in to his hotness. PLUS, Tasha is learning that there's more to him ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I freaking adored this book and Logan-freaking-Oliver is pretty darn awesome as well! I think it was a fun and steamy book that takes a super hot "football player" and matches him with a tenacious journalist that is bound and determined to get the dirt on him, this is totally just setting the story up to be juicy and HOT-- which it was!

All in all if you like sports romances with steam and fun characters, I recommend checking it out. It took me a second to get into it, but then I completely
Sahara
Shelves: angst, sports
When you are having the reading blahs, or in a funk , this is the book for you. A fun sports romance. He is a freakin hot football star and she is a writer/blogger.
The story starts with flirting and a LOT steaminess! They really hit it off and have a fun romance but Logan doesn't know something and does that change things?
Tasha has this sassy attitude and she's always trying to stay away from Logan but she's always lured back to him!
Another thing about this book , its written with some
Reemah
Mar 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Reviewed for A Book Nerd, a Bookseller and a Bibliophile

E&A Book
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really can not find the words to describe how much I loved Natasha and Logan. Their story has everything. Off the charts chemistry, steamy scenes, laugh out loud moments, and that touch of drama that every great romance needs. I could not turn the pages to this story fast enough and I can't wait to read more from this author.
Jaime Reynolds
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Im a big fan of sports romances and could not wait to start this story. A new to me author that did not disappoint. What could possibly go wrong when a blogger/journalist and a football star fall in love with one another but there are secrets that could threaten their relationship? I really enjoyed this story and look forward to more of this series and getting more of the other characters. ...more
CLiK Book Blog
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marked - Playing Games Book #1 - Rebecca Barber
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Rebecca Barber has definitely kicked a goal with the first in her new Playing Games Series - Marked.

With a truly Aussie flavour, centred around some seriously hot Australian Rules football players, predominantly Logan Oliver and his exploits both on and off the field. With the delightful and sometimes sharp tongued Tasha as his foil, hes met his match and these characters will win you over from the start.

Great story with wonderfully quirky
Janeen
Woooohooooo.

Gotta love an Australian Rules football read. Hot men in skimy shorts. YUM YUM YUM.

Thanks Rebecca Barber you have done it again.

Loved all the twists and turns you sink into all your books.

• Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Take Two
  • Dirty Hookup (Slayers Hockey, #2)
  • Hate You (Not)
  • Broken Lies
  • Arrogant Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago #4)
  • Fool Me Twice
  • Kisses and Lies
  • Stealing Cinderella
  • Bad Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy #1)
  • Catch Twenty-Two (Westover Prep, #2)
  • Teacher I Want to Date
  • Unbidden (Brighton Academy #1)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Long Lost
  • Charmer
Rebecca is a clumsy, introverted, bubble bath loving, chocoholic who'd rather read a book than go shopping. And don't even mention shoe shopping!

Rebecca is a lucky girl - one of four kids to school teacher parents. Wife to a football obsessed husband. Mother to a fur-baby who has no idea how big he is. Aunt to the most crazy/adorable little girls. And sister to two very determined sisters and one