Start by marking “The Rise and Fall of Charles Lindbergh” as Want to Read:
The Rise and Fall of Charles Lindbergh

The Rise and Fall of Charles Lindbergh

SIX STARRED REVIEWS!

Discover the dark side of Charles Lindbergh--one of America's most celebrated heroes and complicated men--in this riveting biography from the acclaimed author of The Family Romanov .

First human to cross the Atlantic via airplane; one of the first American media sensations; Nazi sympathizer and anti-Semite; loner whose baby was kidnapped and murdered;
Published February 11th 2020 by Schwartz & Wade Books

To ask other readers questions about The Rise and Fall of Charles Lindbergh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rise and Fall of Charles Lindbergh

Start your review of The Rise and Fall of Charles Lindbergh
Kelly
My knowledge of Lindbergh is pretty limited, other than knowing he had something to do with flight and that there was the Lindbergh Baby situation. I went into this book, though, wanting to know more about those, but more than that, I wanted to see how Fleming took his story and made it relevant today. Because this is a book less about Lindbergh’s story ad more about how he became such a celebrity in the American eye and had influence on a number of political situations in the 30s and 40s.

Kris
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely fascinating biography of an American legend. This is such a complete portrait of Lindbergh from his loner-childhood to his devotion to pushing the boundaries of aviation, from the burden of obsessive celebrity to the loss of his first child to kidnapping. Fleming doesn't end the story there however, she also forges into his later life as a Nazi-sympathizer. I did hesitate to pick up this book about a dead white man for a minute or two, but from the moment I started it I was ...more
Dara
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I wanted to read this biography of Charles Lindbergh to learn more about his baby’s kidnapping, as well as his American nationalism / anti-semitism. As far as a biography goes, this was a worthwhile read with a lot of information. As far as learning anything new about Charles Lindbergh, I felt like I knew mostly everything already from reading the book The Aviator’s Wife by Melanie Benjamin. One thing that I previously didn’t know about Lindbergh was that he had a Scottish Terrier! This book ...more
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
What I Loved:
The way Candace Fleming tells the story of Charles Lindbergh is amazing. On the surface, I knew who Charles Lindbergh was before I started this book. I was so very mistaken about how much I actually knew about his life though! I was captivated by the details, photos, and stories that helped to make the full picture of The Rise and Fall of Charles Lindbergh.

How I Felt:
This book had everything that I could have ever wanted out of a biography on Charles Lindbergh, but it also had so
Amanda Sass-Henke
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I love Candace Fleming. When I saw that she was writing a biography of Charles Lindbergh, a Minnesotan (like me) who is a complex equation of ego, heroism, and mystique, I pre-ordered the text on the spot. I read it in three days and shared with anyone who would listen what I was learning about the rise (and fall) of Charles Lindbergh.

Fleming does a wonderful job of showing the life and humanity of Charles Lindbergh. She thoroughly shows a man who was raised in a different time
Meaghan Hurn
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
An intriguing biography of a historical legend. This complete portrait of Lindbergh includes his loner-childhood with a helicopter mother, his devotion to pushing the boundaries of aviation that creates a burden of obsessive celebrity status that has his family running and the loss of his first child to kidnapping.

Fleming’s book is fair, offering the good Lindbergh offered, as well as the reality of the dark side of his character. He’s neither loved or hated in her writing. He’s presented as he
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fascinating and sickening in equal measure. At Reading Rants: http://www.readingrants.org/2020/02/1...
Angela
Heather
Dec 16, 2019
Katie Pierce
Dec 16, 2019

• Fish Out of Water (The Girl Without a Phone, #1)
  • Good Talk: A Memoir in Conversations
  • Disappearing Earth
  • On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous
  • Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions
  • Heir of Lies (Black Dawn Series Book One)
  • The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of September 11, 2001
  • Lucky Caller
  • The Grace Year
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • The Cracking of Monday Egg (Egg World Allegory Book 1)
  • Super Foods for Super Kids Cookbook: 50 Delicious (and Secretly Healthy) Recipes Kids Will Love to Make
  • The Almanack
  • Moral Compass
  • Stefan’s Promise
  • The Orphan Thief
  • The Very Last Leaf
I have always been a storyteller. Even before I could write my name, I could tell a good tale. And I told them all the time. As a preschooler, I told my neighbors all about my three-legged cat named Spot. In kindergarten, I told my classmates about the ghost that lived in my attic. And in first grade I told my teacher, Miss Harbart, all about my family's trip to Paris, France.

I told such a good