Start by marking “Veils of Time (MacLeod, #2.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Veils of Time (MacLeod, #2.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #5.5)

Veils of Time

(MacLeod #2.5)

Four women find the bridegrooms of their dreams in another time.....

A Bride Most Common by Angie Ray
A time machine hurtled Lucy Taylor back in time to Regency England --- and into the middle of a wedding to a dashing gentleman! Could she change history to save her future, without falling in love with a handsome new husband?

And the Groom Wore Tulle by Lynn Kurland. (MacLeod
Mass Market Paperback, 377 pages
Published July 1st 1999 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Veils of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Veils of Time

Bark
Dec 20, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Veils of Time is similar to most anthologies. At least most that I've read. Two of the stories are painfully average, one is good and only one outstanding. Few authors can create a full fledged love story in less than 100 pages and as a result most of these left me feeling less than satisfied with the too rushed outcome.

Lynn Kurland's And The Groom Wore Tulle is a good story if you're looking for a laugh. It's about a 1313 Scotsman who time-travels to 1999 (just don't ask me how because I still
Elaine
Jul 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
The first story is by Lynn Kurrland. " And the Groom Wore Tulle " it was only 97 pages, but it is actually book 3 of a series. Normally I don't like short stories, but this one ties in with her other books. It includes characters from her first two books. Rating for this one: 4

The Con and the Crusader by Maggie Shayne

Brooke
Jan 17, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm so bummed, I didn't know this was an anthology, the story was way to short, and too easy... :( these stories take time to unfold... I'm hoping this is isolated, and no more of her stories are quickies like this.
July
Mar 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
Jamie MacLeod's cousin Ian MacLeoad finally gets his story. He is near death in the dungeon of the Fergusson. He is being paying for his sins. When he wakes in limbo or is it Hell? He is surrounded by Angel clothing? What he doesn't realize at first is he has made it to the future. He is in a New York Bridal Shop. When he is confronted by Jane Fergusson he thinks she is a demon beastie. This is a funny story. I loved it.
I haven't read the other stories yet...
Susan
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lynn Kurland- And The Groom Wore Tulle : I love this story as with all of her works. It is funny and a fun adventure. 5 Stars

Maggie Shayne- The Con & the Crusader : I thought it was an interesting idea of time travel and I enjoyed the characters and interaction. It had a detailed love scene. I did enjoy the character development as Jack learns about work and love. 4 Stars

Angie Ray- A Bride Most Common :

Ingrid Weaver- Conyn's Bride :

Marlene
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Based on the consensus of reviews, I read the 1st and 4th stories of this anthology, which fell into my hands as a free book. I enjoyed Kurland's tale the most, but find novellas unsatisfying on the whole.
Misses Banks
Maura
Denise
Apr 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: time-travel
I read this book because it is listed as #3 in The MacLeods time travel series by Lynn Kurland, which is true but it is an anthology with 4 time travel short stories/novellas. I was a little disappointed in "And the Groom Wore Tulle" which is the Kurland story. Only 97 pages. Ian and Jane's story deserved a book by itself.

The other stories in this volume are:

The Con and the Crusader by Maggie Shayne
A Bride Most Common by Angie Ray
and
Conyn's Bride by Ingrid Weaver

I actually enjoyed all the stori
LilaBird
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a nice little anthology. I liked each story for different reasons. The Kurland story was my favorite, not just because I am a huge Lynn Kurland fan, but because it was the sweetest and best written. I also loved the crossover of familiar characters from previous books. Seeing the rest of Ian's story (Jamie's cousin) was wonderfully unexpected. He was supposed to be a rough, gruff sort of guy, so I pictured him as Gerard Butler -- yummy.

The Regency England one with Lucy was a bit weird a
Mary Beth
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I enjoyed several stories in this collection. I was already familiar with some of the authors and their characters. The first story is And the Groom Wore Tulle, by Lynn Kurland and it follows the time traveling romance series starring the MacLeod and Fergussons. If you haven't looked at this series you should, it is very fun and interesting. I enjoyed this short story very much.

I also enjoyed the second story, The Con and the Crusader by Maggie Shayne. It is a lovely time traveling story set in
Diane Wachter
PB-B @ 1999, 11/00. Anthology. Lynn Kurland, And the Groom Wore Tulle, Scottish nobleman Ian MacLeod falls asleep in a medieval dungeon and awakens in a bridal shop with Jane Fergusson. MacLeod/McKinnon Book 3, Fun. Maggie Shayne, The Con and the Crusader, Fleeing thugs, con man Jack McCain jumps into a well and into the past. Mistaken for a criminal, he's headed for prison until the widow Hawkins frees him with a wedding proposal for help with her farm. Good. Angie Ray, A Bride Most Common, A t ...more
Penelope West
Jul 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy midieval stories, and humor with their romance.
This was an anthology. I normally don't read anthologies, because I prefer a full length novel. Too much has to be left out when three or four stories are contained in one book. As usual, Lynn does a fantastic job, even though it is too short. This is another story in the MacLeod family series. Ian escapes death in the Fergusson dungeon and is sent to the Future. Lynn's superior sense of humor is well showcased in this romp through time. She refers to this story in her other tales of the MacLeod ...more
Kara
Jul 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a compilation of 4 stories by 4 different authors, but the only one worth anything was the first one by Lynn Kurland. That is the only reason I gave it 4 stars because that first one was great. I'm glad I was able to read Ian Macleod's story since he was a character I looked forward to knowing more about from her first Macleod book. Lynn Kurland is definitely far and above other romance writers.
Eileen
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to go back and reread some of these novellas I had and read some of the older characters again. Ian MacLeod went from dying in a dungeon in 1313 then transported in time to the future and in a NY storeroom in 1999. Jane goes to investigate and finds a very large man wearing one of her bridal gowns and can't believe her eyes. She helps him return to Scotland with a few twists but home they go. A very good story to see him change his ways for a woman he's come to admire and love.
Stacey
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I prefer this collection of short stories by Lynn Kurland, over buying them individually in anthologies shared by other authors that I do not always prefer. My favorite story was "The Groom Wore Tulle."
Lindy
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love time travel romances, and overall this anthology was really good. The fourth heroine was kind of a dud, but still not too bad.
gigglesinhades
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
The first story sucked, the other three were okay.
Pravana
Dec 27, 2009 added it
And the Groom Wore Tulle
Mariella
Apr 04, 2011 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed 2 out of the 4 stories in this novella. All 4 were good, but 2 were historical romance (my favorite) vs modern romance.
Caroline
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I read this for Lynn Kurland - love her time travel stories as a good clean romance without pages and pages of graphic sex.
Fury13
Only read:

And the Groom Wore Tulle by Lynn Kurland
Serena
May 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Only read the one by Lynn Kurland --- The Groom Wore Tulle -- Very good story!!! Finally I got to see how Ian got here!!! YAY!

Ian MacLeod & Jane Fergusson
Machelle
May 29, 2010 rated it it was ok
Only read the Veils of Time from this book. There were other books from different authors. It was okay. The man character changed too easily from a womanizer to a one woman guy.
Ruth Ellen
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ian and Jane are great.
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it
I didn't care for the other three, but kurland delivers another fun tale. Silly, but fun.
Lisa
Aug 05, 2009 rated it it was ok
Since this is a compilation of 4 stories, the only one I chose to read was And the Groom Wore Tulle by Lynn Kurland. It was actually my least favorite Kurland story to date.
Wendy
Jul 01, 2008 rated it liked it
I liked the Lynn Kurland in this anthology, but some of the others were blah.

• The Christmas Cat (Includes: de Piaget, #4.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2.5)
  • Circles in Time
  • To Weave a Web of Magic (Samaria Chronological Order #3.5)
  • Moonglow
  • The Changeling Bride (Timeswept) (Heartspell)
  • The Outlaw Viking (Viking I, #2)
  • Highlander's Curse (Daughters of the Glen, #8)
  • Timeswept Lovers
  • Timeswept Brides
  • The Last Highlander
  • Bewitched
  • Some Like it Kilted (Highlander #4)
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • Miranda's Viking (Shayne's Supernaturals, #3)
Lynn began her writing career at the tender age of five with a series of illustrated novellas entitled Clinton’s Troubles in which the compelling hero found himself in all sorts of . . . well, trouble. She was living in Hawaii at the time and the scope for her imagination (poisoned fish, tropical cliffs, large spiders) was great and poor Clinton bore the brunt of it. After returning to the mainlan ...more

MacLeod (10 books)
  • A Dance Through Time (MacLeod, #1; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2)
  • The Very Thought of You (MacLeod, #2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #4)
  • My Heart Stood Still (MacLeod, #3; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8)
  • A Garden in the Rain (MacLeod, #4; de Piaget/MacLeod, #10)
  • Much Ado in the Moonlight (MacLeod, #9; de Piaget/MacLeod, #12)
  • When I Fall in Love (de Piaget, #4; MacLeod, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #13)
  • With Every Breath (MacLeod, #7; de Piaget/MacLeod, #14)
  • Till There Was You (MacLeod, #8; De Piaget #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #15)
  • Roses in Moonlight (MacLeod, #9; de Piaget/MacLeod, #19)
  • Ever My Love (MacLeod #10; de Piaget/MacLeod #22)