Start by marking “Silver Player (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)” as Want to Read:
Silver Player (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)

Silver Player

(The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)

Billy Harrington is the biggest player in Blue Ridge, only his wild card is about to be tabled by a feisty silver vixen.

Billy Harrington.
A young girl walks into a bar…
I’d like to say this is the start of a bad joke, but it isn’t really.
It’s my life.
Can you be called a baby-daddy if the secret baby shows up as a teenager?
I don’t know anything about raising a teen.
And the
Published January 23rd 2020 by L.B. Dunbar Writes, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Silver Player, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver Player

Start your review of Silver Player (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)
Elizabeth Clinton
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I appreciate a book that gives us characters over the age of forty and shows us that love knows no age. L.B Dunbar is the Queen of Silver Foxes and Billy Harrington is another Fantastic Character Added to the list.
Billy Harrington has many names, Brother, Business Owner, Player but one he never expects is Dad. He is a man who has secrets but this is one he never knew and when he finds out it’s the niece of his nemesis life becomes a total whirlwind.
Roxanne McAllister is a Fantastic Aunt
Emily Neilsen
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Haven’t read it yet but I know that this author is a go to and so excited to read it. I can’t wait to see what happens.
Stacey
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just Wow! I have loved all of LB Dunbar’s Silver Fox stories but Billy and Roxie have claimed the top spot in my heart. This story was just so REAL to me. This is the true messy story of how love is not easy to find or easy to keep. It’s complicated and it’s work. In Silver Player, Billy and Roxie are brought together over big changes in both of their lives. Though they are meant to be together, they just can’t get out of their own ways to make it happen. Billy needs a 3 second delay on his ...more
Mary Woolsey Ruby
Arc, for an honest review.

I couldn't put this down. Billy and Roxanne had so much to give to each other but with past "reputations", at first Roxanne couldn't see past them in the beginning. Those reputations weren't as bad as people made them out to be. Once you're labeled, it's hard to break free from that label.

Sadie loses her mother, her home, and school all at once. She then gains a father she'd never met and her life changes. Billy Harrington, oh honey. All the feels, once the feels start
Maura
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
SILVER PLAYER is the second book in "The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge" series and it is fantastic.

The story stars Billy (William) Harrington and Roxanne (Roxie) McAllister. They are both strong personalities over the age of 40. I am so happy with this book; it pulled unexpected emotions from me, made me swoon, ticked me off, made me giggle and most of all satisfied me as any good story should.

There is much I want to say about this book but I don't want to give anything away. The character
Karen Komarinski
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sparks are flying & this story hits the ground running from the first line & doesn’t stop until the last word. Hold on for a wild Rollercoaster ride.

I always knew there was more to Billy Harrington then what everyone thought they saw in him. He didn’t care what people thought of him. No matter what the truth was or wasn’t; it was always Billys fault. His world turns upside down when a 16 yr girl walks into the Pub looking for Billy Harrington her father. Then it gets more complicated she
Robin
Billy and Roxie!!!

Billy Harrington is a self-proclaimed player. He wants everything to think that he is a one and done when it comes to relationships. He was devastated when his wife left him. He feels that his family thinks of him as a failure. Fast forward sixteen years later, and a daughter he did not know existed shows up. Roxanne is the bookstore owner next door who Billy has had many run ins with in the past. She is also the aunt of Billy’s daughter. She is insecure with her appearance and
Erica Testa
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Silver Player

Oh man. I just love going into a book thinking that the hero is one thing, but finding out that he’s so much more.

“I want this woman. I want her comfort. I want her warmth, but most of all, I want her heart.” GAH! Our hero Billy has a reputation and that reputation is not all that it seems.

Roxanne is the perfect compliment to this complicated workhorse of a man just trying to make his own way in the Harrison family. She has such similar aspirations and goals and both of their lives
Stephanie
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I know every time I get a silver fox book from L.B. Dunbar that I won’t be able to do anything else until I read it all! I was up at 3 AM reading before work that’s how unputdownable this book is! I loved Roxie & Billy beyond words! Definitely one of my favorite silver fox stories ever!

Roxie & Billy captivated me from the first page to the last! These characters plus Sadie stole my heart! I got more emotional than I typically do while reading. Some parts broke my heart. In the end,
domestic_godess_reads
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has it all! I laughed, I cried, I yelled at both Billy and Roxie. Oh at times I wanted to slap them both, and I loved it! This book kept me turning the page dying to know what was going to happen next. Billy and Roxie’s chemistry was off the charts, if only they could each get out of their own way.
This is one of my new favorite LBD books
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Whore of a man that has a 16 year old secret kid. He’s been whoring himself out from the moment he got a divorce from his high school sweetheart. So that means he must have gotten this woman pregnant months if not days after his divorce. He hasn’t stopped sleeping around.
#notmykindofthing

It took me a dozen years to wise up about sex. More like a dozen years of having sex. Random. Wild. Uninhibited.

Every woman looks familiar to me. They got breasts. They got lips. They got fingertips.
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Enemies to lovers with a twist! Silver Player is a fantastic and emotional roller coaster of a read. Billy and Roxanne had me wanting to throw my kindle, hug them, yell at them, made me cry with them and ultimately stole my heart. These two definitely do not have an easy road to love. Both have been hurt in so many ways. From their pasts to grief they’ve certainly been put through the wringer.
Add in a teenage girl who’s life is drastically changing and you’ve certainly got a recipe for drama.
RJ
Jan 15, 2020 marked it as no-thank-you
Shelves: man-whore
why do authors think this crap is romantic

description
Maria
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This latest installment is Billy and Roxie’s story. It’s definitely my favorite so far in this series. A fabulous “enemies to lovers” story! Definitely recommend!!
Chantell Reid
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not my favorite of the Blue Ridge Silver Foxes but a great read all the same.

It definitely had me cussing at Roxie and Billy for their insecurities and stubbornness.
Virginia
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is Book 2 in The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge.

This is the story of Billy (William) & Roxie (Roxanne). Billy owns the pub. Roxie owns the book store. Their characters are very frustrating. That's what makes this story so great. They appear to hate each other and bicker all the time. It's actually a way to cover up their feelings. A lot of their conversations have an underlying tone to sex. There are big surprising secrets revealed in this story. Each of their thoughts are assuming ones
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the BEST BOOK in the series. I loved Giant, I swooned over Denton. but Billy, Oh Billy!!! be still my heart, I'm ready to climb him like a spider monkey. He's sexy AF, smirking Bastard with a devilish reputation of being a man whoring slut. BUT he's sweet, loving, loyal and clueless at first but rises to the occasion.
A young 16 year old walks into a bar, or as Billy would say Pub, and he thinks she's too young for him, till she slaps his heart by saying - I'm your daughter knuckle head!!
Erin Lewis
5 Star Review Silver Player (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge #2) by L.B.Dunbar

The Harrington’s of Blue Ridge are a fascinating family. I freely admit that going in I wasn’t too keen on William “Billy” Harrington, in fact I wasn’t sure I was going to like him at all, unlike his brother Giant Harrington.

After his divorce, Billy went off the rails, having dozens of one night stands and meaningless flings. It seems that is all about to catch up with him.

Suddenly finding out that he is a father to
Elaine
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! L.B. Dunbar what have you done!! This is by far my favorite book out of all your silver fox's! All the feels between Roxie and Billy were astronomical, I laughed and cried even more!!
Will Roxie and Billy get their happily ever after or will their insecurities get the best of them!!
World Of Books 65
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Each and Ever Silver Foxes story has been unique; different; holding your attention from the first to the last page and the 'Silver Player' is no different. I take my hat of to L.B. Dunbar for writing a series about the over 40's not only the men but the women also. I wish more authors could be like this it doesn't always have to be 'older guy younger girl' to make a great book and with more of your readers in that 40's bracket it's great to feel it could happen to us!

When does a player stop
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Billy Harrington is the biggest player in Blue Ridge..............

Roxanne McAllister.
I should hate him for being her father.
Only I don’t fault him for sleeping with my sister. ()
This is the story of my life.
I’ve always been runner-up to my older sibling.( )

what in the???!!! Howwwwwww????? Whyyyyyyy????

You've gotta be kidding me
Sherry Patrick
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am always so excited to get another silver fox/over 40 book from L.B. Dunbar. They are literally some of my favorite books to read and this one is no exception. This book was so amazing and so much more than I expected.

I had this idea going into this book of what Billy Harrington was going to be and I was so blown away with who he actually was and how deep he was. WOW!!! He literally had me swooning at times when he revealed himself to Roxi. I couldn't help but feel bad for Billy after a while
Bibliophile  Chloe
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"I want to read you..." oh holy swoon!

I cannot tell you all how much I love LB Dunbar's writing! This is the story of Billy and Roxanne.

This is a story of just so much more than love. This is a story of secrets coming to light. Insecurities rearing it's ugly head and how misconceptions can skew your thinking and how you see people.

Billy is labeled as a player, he feels like he is always out to prove himself. The bickering and fighting between him and Roxie is the best type of flirting! He is
Gail Stroker
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy what can I say... Roxie & Billy butt heads for sure but you can't help but LOVE them. They are definitely enemies that say they can't stand one another but that's really not true. They won't say it out loud but in their own heads they know they are attracted to one another. Add Sadie to this mix and you get a fantastic read. I found myself so attracted to Billy! This Harrington brother pulled at my heart strings. Roxie is more than what she appears to be as well. I found myself crying ...more
Roxs Reads
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Some books really hit home, they hit their mark on your heart because of the personal connection you feel. Silver Player was a home run, slam dunk, touchdown for me. I don’t give out 5-stars just willy-nilly—a book has to earn those, but Billy and Roxie’s story did just that.

The heroine in Silver Player, Roxanne, endeared herself to me in an unforgettable way. She is strong, loyal, giving, and a fierce bear mama. She steps up to the plate when she is needed and wants to protect her club above
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Billy Harrington has a love/hate relationship with his neighbouring business owner, across the street from his pub. Roxanne owns the local bookstore and she adores all things to do with the greatest love of her life - books. She is single and has recently become the guardian of her teenage niece, Sadie, her wellbeing and happiness is her single focus. The fact that Billy Harrington fathered her niece really irks her but she is resigned to the fact that he will be a part of their lives.

Billy is
Samantha Ortegon
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reading Silver Player by L.B. Dunbar had me feeling like a giddy schoolgirl, smiling at the latest crush, and throwing silent emotional tantrums. I had such a love-hate relationship with the main characters Billy Harrington and Roxanne McCallister, their lack of trust, judgment, insecurities and the inability to let go of the past had me wanting to scream. The bickering and heated sexual tension had me glued to every page.

Billy has a reputation as a ladies man, after his divorce, he didn't care
Elizabeth
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: eram, arc, older-couple
Ms Dunbar has mastered the art of romance for those over 40 and Silver Player is another fantastic example.

This installment of the Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge returns us to the Harrington family and the youngest of the brothers, Billy. Portions of the time line for SIlver Player coincide with that of previous books in the series and it speaks to the craftsmanship of the story that very little of the details for Mati and Giant's stories are reveled here.

Given this part of a series, we have met
Em__Jay
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
These Harrington brothers sure know how to keep us entertained! In SILVER PLAYER it’s time for Billy’s story. We have met him in previous books but all the books in this series stand alone, so readers can jump in at any point.

Now, Billy might be a functioning adult, with a successful business to boot, but he certainly has his middle child syndrome hang-ups. And his woes only increase when he battles with Roxie McAllister, aunt to the teen daughter he just found out about!

Like all of Dunbar’s
Nancy Kehl
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book!!! When a book can take you on a journey of loss, grief, self doubt, learning, hope and love then put you back together in the best possible way you NEED to READ it, and FEEL it. I cried, I laughed, I was hurt, then angry. Sometimes things are just NOT what they seem to be and thru it all I could feel LOVE. Thanks L.B. for another great book in the Silver Foxes series
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Doctor Will See You (Pure Pleasure #1)
  • When the Handyman Comes (Pure Pleasure #2)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Heart Words (Sweetbriar Hearts #2)
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Dream With Me (With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • Making You Mine (The Bradens & Montgomerys: Pleasant Hill - Oak Falls, #5)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Warrior Blue
  • Focused
  • Love at The Bluebird
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Getting Off Easy (Boys of the Big Easy, #4)
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • Wait for Me
  • The Wild One (Corisi Billionaires, #2)
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
Receive once-a-month updates and more with Love Notes: http://bit.ly/LoveNotesfromLBDunbar

L.B. Dunbar has an over-active imagination. To her benefit, such creativity has led to over thirty romance novels, including those offering a second chance at love over 40. Her signature works include the #sexysilverfoxes collection of mature males and feisty vixens ready for romance in their prime years. She

The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge (4 books)
  • Silver Brewer (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)
  • Silver Mayor (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)
  • Silver Biker (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)
“You don’t touch a book, William. You read it. You enjoy.” I imitate her voice and her words to me from weeks ago, and her brows lift. “You’re a book I want to touch and read and enjoy over and over again.” 0 likes