Start by marking “The Battle for Allegra: Conscripted (The Battle for Allegra - An Alien Invasion Novella 1)” as Want to Read:

The Battle for Allegra: Conscripted - Episode One

War breaks out as an alien force from beyond our galaxy invades the peaceful planet of Allegra.

No one knows where they came from or why they came.

What they do know is that the alien invades want to control the entire planet.

The local Coalition Garrison has already been wiped out, thanks to a short month of gruesome fighting
Published January 31st 2020 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about The Battle for Allegra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Battle for Allegra

Start your review of The Battle for Allegra: Conscripted (The Battle for Allegra - An Alien Invasion Novella 1)
Frank Geimer
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This author needs to flesh out his storyline some more. Fill in the blanks like what kind of fighting he has done and what is driving him to do what he does. The characters were decently defined, but some back story on them would be better. Overall, this is a decent start for this author and I liked the novel.
Lori
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Received as a review copy, this is an honest review. Mathew's quiet life in his small village change the day soldiers come to conscript whoever they find. Standing up to the harassment of a friend gets Mathew in trouble- becoming a front line soldier ing the war of Allegra. Mathew may have once wanted to be a pilot but what he could endure will alter that desire. A fun, quick read. ...more
Caleb Fast
Jan 31, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
(Yes, I'm the author)
The Battle for Allegra is the first episode in a brand new side-series that I am adding to my universe of books! If you like alien invasions, sci-fi military action, and stories you can read in under an hour, then this is the perfect book for you!
Carolyn Overcash
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Battle for Allegra: Conscripted

Our hero, Matthew, is tired of working for his father as a fisherman and wants a change. He didn't think he'd be forced off his home planet to fight in a war with all the other young men and women from his community. It doesn't pay to tick off the commanding officer before you even board the space vessel.

It turns out all the fighting on his father's boat might help keep him alive a day or two. Read now and find out what's going on.
David
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
intrigued. one of them big words i'm averse to, but it fits. reads a bit like anime to me/another term I dislike. felt like a slow starter to me, just like a lot of anime, but by the end of first chapter I was definitely curious, hellabrutal. wondered if it was gratuitous, so had to read further. aspects felt borrowed, but not totally off-putting, making fer n interesting recipe. managed to keep my attention in spite of pacing/descriptive to a fault. by the end it turns out to be just beginning, ...more
Francine Bates
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I loved this book even more than Caleb Fast's other series! I think these books may be the prequels to his other series, The Limit of Infinity, but I'm not sure. Either way, I really enjoyed Matthew's character. ...more
William Jerkins
Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Needs work

A little disjointed. Going from a fishing/sailing ship. To a machine shop
Seeing his girl tortured. To not kicking the guys ass who done it. To him fighting all the big guys and winning there is to much inconsistency. Also there needs to be more story on the training. So far there's none at all. To me it needs work.
Kent Dixon
marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2021
Sid Echikson
Feb 17, 2021

• Singular (Quantum Gate #1)
  • Forged in Shadow (The War of the Nine Faerie Realms #1)
  • Counterstrike (Fleet Ops #2)
  • The Cure for His Stubborn Soul
  • The SEAL's Surprise Son (The Admiral's Seals, #1)
  • River Gate (The Elements of Kamdaria 5)
  • The Fallen City (Arcane Kingdom Online, #3)
  • Dark Magic (Arcane Kingdom Online, #2)
  • Death Match (Arcane Kingdom Online, #4)
  • Time Travel in the Firesnake (Plan8 Slaves, #4)
  • Firebird's Lair (The Dragonland Saga Book 1)
  • Azure's Revenge: Dark Web #3
  • Pawn (Night of the Dark Fae #1)
  • A Relentless Love Defying Destiny
  • The documented do,ings of rick toenail and princess power space sheriff
  • Exiles (Space Rogue Book 1)
  • Deadly Ancestors (Detective Bernadette Callahan Mystery #5)
  • So Wrong (Heart of Hope #3)
Caleb Fast is the author of a growing collection of Science Fiction titles. His flagship series, The Limit of Infinity is growing steadily, as is its following. He enjoys writing on a range of science fiction subjects, and can't go too long without writing some sort of battle. However, Caleb does a lot more than writing. He also enjoys going on long hikes, long drives, and is a devout bookworm.

Cal